• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yeah, they definitely seem to be going for the "edgy grown up Harry Potter" vibe which, while it can be annoying, I can understand why they did it for marketing and such. Just a heads up, the books hit a lot of the same plot points but are pretty different, especially because you're actually in Quentin's head; for about the first book no one is particularly likeable and makes a lot of stupid mistakes, but for me getting to see them grow up over the series made it enjoyable. 

I know book-to-movie doesn't often work out well, but I'm cautiously optimistic for Ready Player One. I'm very purposefully not re-reading it before I watch the movie so all the little things they change don't bug me.... and then after watching it I'll probably re-read ;) 

Thanks for the chili recipe! I'm intrigued by the lentils in it, I haven't tried it before but that sounds interesting

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Reinfire said:

Thanks for the chili recipe! I'm intrigued by the lentils in it, I haven't tried it before but that sounds interesting

Lentils are awesome! They are super cheap and very healthy. I always get ours in bulk from the Indian market (same for rice.) You can get them at Walmart or Kroger but you'll pay a lot more. I usually make soup or curry with them. Pinterest has soooo many recipes for them is ridiculous.. ;) 

Small Update!

The extreme hunger has subsided! I WAS super hungry but now it's not as bad. 

Also, forgive me if I've mentioned this, but upper arms look smoother. I had these diagonal chub lines which seem to have gone or at least greatly diminished. No joke, my waist and arms look different. Still super chubby but smoother. ;) 

Today will be my 19th straight day in a row working out. After my coffee... :D 

• Like 2

I STILL haven't managed to get Charity Miles to work on my iPhone BUT MapMyWalk worked great. I'm so bummed Charity Miles didn't work out, I really wanted to help someone else while I was also helping myself. Anyway, I walked 2.31 miles, could be better of course but for a middle aged out of shape fat lady that's not too bad. Also when I got home the scale has gone down a bit more. I think maybe I'll make that a task for my next 4 week challenge, to chart my weight and figure out my average. Sooo this is a little embarassing BUT...

When I started I weighed 226.5 and now I weigh 224.5. Keep in mind I haven't yet changed my diet. I won't lie ya'll, normally I'm healthy, but I've had cookies recently.. like.. a lot. ;) So I'm a big girl, I know, but I'm working hard every single day and it's starting to show. I'm even thinking of making diet changes for my next challenge. Not low carb though. Eff that noise. Maybe I'll cut down on sugar and salt and fat. I might have a cake first. Definitely. :D 

db0014c941780c8d7f16a88c156f0508.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shy said:

I'm working hard every single day and it's starting to show. I'm even thinking of making diet changes for my next challenge.

That's awesome, you go girl!! Great idea to start planning ahead for the next challenge.

• Like 1

So I looked up my BMI, not entirely accurate I know I know, but I wanted a rough idea of what my goal should roughly be. Apparently, if I work REALLY hard I can eventually lose 46.5 pounds so I can be OVERWEIGHT. Seriously, overweight is now my goal. ARG!! Blargy arg! And.. GR bah!! Damn it.

On the bright side, at least with my two pounds off it's now only 44.5. :D 

That being said.. time for my 20 minute stretch and either cardio or a long walk, whichever I have time for. ;)

images.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Enforcer25 said:

Keep up the great work.

Thanks!! I'm doin' my best! I've averaging 2+ miles a day now.. :D

• Like 1

Just now, The Real Syl Mil said:

WOW! I haven't even hit 1 mile yet. (Although I'm sooo close!) Way to go, @shy !!

Thanks so much! I'm totally worn out by the time I get home but I'm determined to either walk or do cardio every single day. I just joined the Walk to Mordor challenge too, just for funsies. I'm using Map My Walk even though, and this is super annoying, it seems to show me walking less distance as my pace gradually increases and I happen to know I'm walking the same distance every time if not, occasionally more. Arg! Still good motivation making my 2 miles minimum and gradually increasing my pace. (VERY gradually.) ;) 

Oh and I WAS 226.5 and now I'm 223.5! I should make a chart to graph that or something and give me a good average. 

9 hours ago, shy said:

Thanks so much! I'm totally worn out by the time I get home but I'm determined to either walk or do cardio every single day. I just joined the Walk to Mordor challenge too, just for funsies. I'm using Map My Walk even though, and this is super annoying, it seems to show me walking less distance as my pace gradually increases and I happen to know I'm walking the same distance every time if not, occasionally more. Arg! Still good motivation making my 2 miles minimum and gradually increasing my pace. (VERY gradually.) ;) 

Oh and I WAS 226.5 and now I'm 223.5! I should make a chart to graph that or something and give me a good average. 

High five for walking, especially the Walk to Mordor challenge! I have that saved to my google drive and update it occasionally - if I update it every day I get depressed with the low numbers, but it's fun to do it every couple weeks and realize how far I've come :)

I don't know if you're into phone apps, but Happy Scale for iOS and Libra for Android have been AWESOME for charting my weight progress! Libra takes a little more getting used to, but both are great for helping me see the trend even when my weight fluctuates, and seeing how long it'll take me to get to my next short term goal. Super motivating, and I also love me some graphs

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Reinfire said:

...I don't know if you're into phone apps, but Happy Scale for iOS and Libra for Android have been AWESOME for charting my weight progress! Libra takes a little more getting used to, but both are great for helping me see the trend even when my weight fluctuates, and seeing how long it'll take me to get to my next short term goal. Super motivating, and I also love me some graphs

Map My Walk is the only health related iPhone app I'm currently using. I'll see what they've got my iPhone. As long as its free I'm down.. ;) 

Thanks!!

One-does-not-a779dx.jpg

• Haha 2

Every good nerd loves a chart! I bought a Garmin Vivosmart watch with my HSA card (woot!) and it has a super cool app. It charts my weight, heart rate, activities, sleep patterns, and, and, and... I am loving it! I can see that my steps per days has gradually increased over the last 2 weeks. And I've lost a couple pounds, too!

YAY for small achievements!!! It's the only way to be! Keep it up!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Real Syl Mil said:

Every good nerd loves a chart! I bought a Garmin Vivosmart watch with my HSA card (woot!) and it has a super cool app. It charts my weight, heart rate, activities, sleep patterns, and, and, and... I am loving it! I can see that my steps per days has gradually increased over the last 2 weeks. And I've lost a couple pounds, too!

YAY for small achievements!!! It's the only way to be! Keep it up!

Good job!!! I actually feel a bit guilty for not walking today, bad weather, but I love seeing my pace slowly increase. I just wish i could run! That would be awesome. :D

3 hours ago, shy said:

I just wish i could run! That would be awesome. :D

Why can’t you run? Personally, I hate running! And it hurts my knees. But this week I ran twice on the treadmill...once for 3 mins straight and once for 5 mins (intervals with 1 minute walk in between 1 minute run). Sounds underwhelming, but like you said...I love seeing my pace slowly increase!

• Like 1

@shy I don't run outside anymore because of my knees, I do use the elliptical and ARC trainer at the gym, I also use the rowing machine and boxing. I did enjoy running and do miss it, especially when it's nice out. I have degenerative arthritis in my left knee, so the doctor said if you want the pain to stop, stop running outside. :) I haven't run on the treadmill for several months but may give that a try. My knee has been a lot better since I quick running outside. I'm not saying running is bad, in my case I know I shouldn't do it if I want to be pain free. 

I guess I just wish I could because I can't. lol It's mostly my ankle, I broke it bad enough to detach it internally. Ugh! Not nice. Can't jump or run or anything that puts stress on my Frankenankle. I've got a lot of hardware in there. Even if were fine though my knees aren't great. I always feel like they want to bend the wrong way somehow..? 

I made my 2+ mile walk again today though! W00t! :D 

• Like 3

I'm still doing my 20 minute stretch everyday followed by a 2 mile walk. The other day the dad weather had me inside doing cardio instead. I was kind of proud of myself being last week I got in about 9 miles. I'm hoping I'll get more than 10 miles in this week. My body is complaining a lot though, my neck and shoulder have been sore for a few days. Annoying..

Anyway, I'm doing pretty good and currently show no sign of slacking off.  :) 

note-to-self-continue-being-freaking-awesome-check--ce3d7.png.5674bbd2f2d28830e99ebb7be1d7d183.png

• Like 2

On 1/29/2018 at 7:03 AM, Enforcer25 said:

That sucks about the ankle, glad you are getting the walks in, some of us have to make adjustments to accommodate our bodies, good job sticking to the routine.

Thanks! Yah, it sucks but, hey, I can walk! I appreciate walking with every limp step I take. ;)

BTW...

I used a recumbent bike yesterday for 30 minutes, yay me, but despite the fact it's supposed to be gentler on your back, my back is killin' me since then. Maybe it was the model or something? Maybe I.. did it wrong? The other bike options at the gym were no go (not adjustable, rickety.) Maybe I just have super feeble back muscles and need to get used to it. I've been thinking of alternating between walking outside days and bicycling days, particularly when the weather is bad. Maybe I should try the elliptical but I've never ever used one and it looks.. difficult.

The elliptical is easy to use, just get on and pedal. I've used the recumbent bike, but my current gym doesn't have one, it could have been the way it was setup or it just doesn't work for you. I think you will like the elliptical. The one that looked complicated was the arc trainer, but it is easy to use once you try it.The elliptical gives you a great workout and is easy on the joints. 

1 hour ago, Enforcer25 said:

The elliptical is easy to use, just get on and pedal. I've used the recumbent bike, but my current gym doesn't have one, it could have been the way it was setup or it just doesn't work for you. I think you will like the elliptical. The one that looked complicated was the arc trainer, but it is easy to use once you try it.The elliptical gives you a great workout and is easy on the joints. 

I'll see about trying to tomorrow unless the weather is really nice. ;)

In other news...

I made myself a little rice and sliced off just a tiny bit of the seitan I made yesterday to try it out, also heated up a smidge of gravy. Basically carbs a little salt for lunch. Just a few bites in and, all of the sudden, I felt really light headed. I thought I was going to faint, seriously. Damn it. I really really wish we had insurance. My google "research" suggests it may be hypotension maybe. My blood pressure has always been good though. Here's the link.. eating can cause low blood pressure. I have no idea whats up. Very occasionally I'll feel slightly woozy, usually at the library for some reason but it's rare. WTF? Here I am trying to take care of myself and then, boom, weird shit.

Also.. I just found out my friend has cancer. :( 

Life is such an asshole.

0ab.jpg

I know we don't really know each other, but can I just say I'm super proud of you for exercising every day? That's so super awesome :D

Also, I find it kind of amusing we're doing the opposite with our first challenges - you're focusing on the exercise and looking at nutrition later, I'm focusing on nutrition and looking at exercise later :lol:  But I definitely agree about doing better focusing on one thing at a time.  For me, my water intake is awful, so it's definitely something I wanted to make my first priority.

Good luck with last week or so of your challenge, though I think you have the motivation to do it just fine without luck ;)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Barbs said:

I know we don't really know each other, but can I just say I'm super proud of you for exercising every day? That's so super awesome :D...

Aww... pff.. thanks! lol I'm trying to exercise everyday for 100 days but I don't have a set exercise plan. Right now I just walk when the weather is good and my body is up to is. If my ankle is bothering me I'll do something else. I'm thinking about trying the elliptical today at the gym. ;) 

Thanks+_bcf4d8d99acc4ed0e9633852c94d1108.jpg

• Like 1

GJ-you are doing really well Shy

I love your determination and your persistence.  about what you can and can't do- in time, you might surprise yourself.

keep it up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shy said:

I'm thinking about trying the elliptical today at the gym. ;)

Ooh, I saw mention of your complex gym earlier (sorry, I read the first few posts properly and then kinda skimmed :orange:)  Have you ventured into it yet, or will this trip be the first?

• Like 1