• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Barbs said:

 

Ooh, I saw mention of your complex gym earlier (sorry, I read the first few posts properly and then kinda skimmed :orange:)  Have you ventured into it yet, or will this trip be the first?

 

I've been to the apartment gym, not a real gym ya know but it'll do with it's shoddy equipment, BUT (bonus!) no one else uses it so I have the place to myself. Yay! I might be late today I'm doing my online grocery shopping.

 

I keep checking my list but I feel like I'm missing something. I have stuff to make chili, cornbread, spaghetti and "meat"balls, tofu and rice/ramen with veggies, lunch things for Twyla... bathroom stuff... vegan protein powder....   Valentine's cards and candy... feels like I'm forgetting something. Hm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shy said:

I've been to the apartment gym, not a real gym ya know but it'll do with it's shoddy equipment, BUT (bonus!) no one else uses it so I have the place to myself. Yay! I might be late today I'm doing my online grocery shopping.

 

Honestly, I think that's actually better than a real gym in some respects.  Sure the gear might not be as great, but it's part of your rent anyway, and super easy to get to from home ;)  Plus if noone else is making use of it, even better :D

 

14 minutes ago, shy said:

I keep checking my list but I feel like I'm missing something.

Oh I drive myself nuts with that!  Even if I'm in the store, I will double back through aisles just to be sure I haven't forgotten anything...usually it's just something I had on my previous list, and I end up doubling up if I 'remember' to buy it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barbs said:

Oh I drive myself nuts with that!  Even if I'm in the store, I will double back through aisles just to be sure I haven't forgotten anything...usually it's just something I had on my previous list, and I end up doubling up if I 'remember' to buy it

 

I wish I could do without the candy, it's an expensive temptation. Twyla REALLY wants to make sure everyone gets a card and candy this year. Damn you chocolate! Why must I love you so!?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two quick things...

 

Today I actually felt good after my workout! I decided on the recumbent bike because there was a cute guy on the treadmill and I was embarrassed and I'm a massive dork and.. ANYWAY, aside from my usual super wobbly legs, I felt good after! :D 

 

Second thing, I entered what I typical eat in cronometer and I barely broke 1000 calories and yet I am fairly rotund. OBVIOUSLY... I'm genetically superior in my ability to make use of every single calorie to its fullest extent.  Behold! I am a miracle of science!! 

 

SCIENCE!

But seriously.. wtf?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we ARE converting you into something different shy

 

soon, you will have to give up your name.  instead of "SHY"

its will be "I GOT THIS!"

 

and the cute guy will prolly be pretty impressed too.

don't assume all guys know WTH they are doing. :)

--

as for scientific miracles... we have a large section of similar medical mysteries stored somewhere around here.

it happens.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TGP said:

we ARE converting you into something different shy

 

soon, you will have to give up your name.  instead of "SHY"

its will be "I GOT THIS!"

 

I'm no bad ass but.. thanks for the boost of confidence! ^_^

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm thinking about my challenge for the next 4 weeks. I'm not losing much weight at all despite exercising everyday. (I get that heart rate up and I do break a sweat.) So,I really dread this, I'm thinking of counting my calories. Dun-dun-dunnnnnnnn! (cringe) Ugh! I hate the thought and it might be a struggle for me. I'm thinking about using Cronometer to keep track, though I've failed in the past to keep accurate entries consistently. (I don't lie, I honestly forget and then give up.) I might only use it Monday through Friday, not sure.

I got myself some vegan protein powder bananas, and soy milk. I'm tinkering with the idea of, not a meal plan, so much as breaking up my lunch into smaller lunches, So something like this maybe...

 

 

6:00am 

coffee with soy milk or green tea

plain oatmeal with chia or toast with peanut butter

 

11:00am

vegan protein powder smoothie with soy milk and banana

 

1:00pm

snack of nuts or carrots or seeds or a spoonful of peanut butter, maybe a hd egg

 

3:00pm

snack once more with my daughter after school

 

6:00pm

glass of water then vegan chili and cornbread or tofu with rice and veggies, etc., the usual dinner fare

 

 

I'm NOT a dieter so this isn't something I'm used to doing. Advice is always welcome. I'm a little confused with calories though. My cronometer says I need to ea1420 more calories today to lose -.05 pound a week but that seems like alot. I don't think I normally eat that much, except on the weekend if I make a "naughty" meal (ie: french toast, biscuits, etc.) I'm not sure how many calories I should be taking in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, yesterday,  I walked 4 miles*, I consumed about 1791 calories and it says I expended about 2478 calories. I think thatssss.. good? So hopefully if I'm mindful of my calorie intake I'll be able to lose some weight. I probably overdid it on the peanut butter and I also think I don't really NEED two scoops of protein powder, one should be enough for me.

 

TOTALLY unrelated news....  *deep breath* My husband MAYYYYY be able to get a job down in San Antonio that would really help us so much. I hope, with all my heart, this works out. We really really struggle on what he makes now where we live, the rent is ridiculous. Send good vibes or pray or slay a goat or whatever magic ya'll got! This is a life changer!! :D

 

Also it's Friday bitches!! Yaaahhhhhhh! :D:D:D 

 

* OMG! Yayyyy meee!! It's a record!!

 

this-is-my-friday-face-its-meme.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could have kept going until 3 miles but I'm afraid my ankle was starting to give out. I'll try and get another workout later today if I can but at 62 minutes in one go that's pretty good for me! :D

27332715_1934486003246090_3386516823238205532_n.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like you're doing great! Good on you for being kind to your ankles, it's very easy to think, "Just a bit more, what harm could it do?" And then it turns out the answer is "A lot of harm, actually"

 

Good luck with calorie counting! I'm not a fan of it either but it sounds like you've got a good plan, which will definitely help. Also super good luck to your hubby :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 12:45 PM, shy said:

Main Goal

I should say "lose all this excess weight" but I'm going to say TRY to lose 15lbs by the end of April for a start. 

 

Smart Goals

Exercise every single day. (Week two of January and I've managed this since the 3rd. W00t.)

Drink more water. 

Eliminate Caffeine. 

Work up the courage to go for a walk or go to the apartment gym. (Super scary for cowardly me!)

 

It's the 4th!!

 

So I'm super proud of myself!! Though I'm not sure if I'll be able to hit my main goal or not by April, I've exercised every single day, I make a point of drink my water before I eat, I switched to decaf, and I've been making use of the gym as well as taking long walks on the trail. (happy dance) :D 

 

I've learned I can exercise everyday if I just make it part of my routine and don't press too hard when my body says no. I've come to prefer the gym since I get a more consistent workout, I don't have to worry about getting mugged, I don't have to worry about getting hurt far from home, I don't have to worry about making it back to the bathroom, I don't have to contend with cars and other traffic, and I don't have to freeze half to death. I've lost a few pounds, not much. I started at 226.5 and I'm now 221.

For my next challenge I want to continue to exercise on a daily basis and I want to address my diet. I've  already started on my diet, I didn't want to wait. I'm eating around 1500 or so calories daily and it's going alright. Cronometer seems happy with my diet but apparently I need more potassium?? 

 

I don't want to get ahead of myself but if my progress is miraculously consistent over the next several months I may be able to work my way out of the obese range. 

 

Thank you SO much to everyone who's offering support!! You are awesome and honestly have helped more than you know!

 

 

sweat_is_magic_0.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohooo! You did GREAT with this challenge! We're within 10 lbs of each other and we can BOTH get out of the obese range!

you-can-do-it-encouragement-meme.jpg

 

Oh and btw, if you like crunching the numbers, losertown has been a huge kick in the butt for me when I'm like "okay but what's just an extra 200 cal ice cream cone?" and see how much longer it'll take me to get to my goals if I did that every day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Reinfire said:

Woohooo! You did GREAT with this challenge! We're within 10 lbs of each other and we can BOTH get out of the obese range!

you-can-do-it-encouragement-meme.jpg

 

Oh and btw, if you like crunching the numbers, losertown has been a huge kick in the butt for me when I'm like "okay but what's just an extra 200 cal ice cream cone?" and see how much longer it'll take me to get to my goals if I did that every day.

 

 

Thanks so much!!! :D

 

I'll check out losertown, I hadn't heard of it til now. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, cronometer will increase the number of calories your allotted daily depending on the amount of exercise. That's fine if you're not trying to lose weight but I'm not working out so I can eat MORE, I'm working out to burn calories to help me lose weight. Is my logic off here? It seems like it would be better NOT to put down the amount of exercise I've been doing to get a clearer picture of what calories I'm taking in. Why has sh*t got to be so damn complicated? I just want to slowly make my exit from the fat girls club... 

 

Damn you weight loss! Why must you vex me so?!

 

db0014c941780c8d7f16a88c156f0508.jpg.b1971090157c09807ab7b0a9780388f7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shy said:

Apparently, cronometer will increase the number of calories your allotted daily depending on the amount of exercise. That's fine if you're not trying to lose weight but I'm not working out so I can eat MORE, I'm working out to burn calories to help me lose weight. Is my logic off here? It seems like it would be better NOT to put down the amount of exercise I've been doing to get a clearer picture of what calories I'm taking in. Why has sh*t got to be so damn complicated? I just want to slowly make my exit from the fat girls club... 

 

Damn you weight loss! Why must you vex me so?!

 

db0014c941780c8d7f16a88c156f0508.jpg.b1971090157c09807ab7b0a9780388f7.jpg

Ugh, MyFitnessPal does the same thing - I end up doing a dance where I don't sync my FitBit until after I've entered all my food for the day and made sure I was within my goal (occasionally I forget and sync after a morning workout, but thankfully it shows you pretty clearly how many calories you earned back for exercise). On top of your frustration that it has you eat back your exercise calories, all of the calorie tracking apps are notoriously bad for overestimating what you burn for exercise, so eating those calories back might actually result in weight gain/slowing weight loss. It's like come on, you have one job - to accurately count calories!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Reinfire said:

Ugh, MyFitnessPal does the same thing - I end up doing a dance where I don't sync my FitBit until after I've entered all my food for the day and made sure I was within my goal (occasionally I forget and sync after a morning workout, but thankfully it shows you pretty clearly how many calories you earned back for exercise). On top of your frustration that it has you eat back your exercise calories, all of the calorie tracking apps are notoriously bad for overestimating what you burn for exercise, so eating those calories back might actually result in weight gain/slowing weight loss. It's like come on, you have one job - to accurately count calories!

 

I"m no longer going to enter my calories burned into cronometer. I just want to know how many calories I'm taking in. I can do the rest of the math on my own if I really want to. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, shy said:

 Stupid Important Question Alert!

 

Do I need to make a new thread for the upcoming challenge (in the rebel section)??? :blink:

 

 

Yes.  In whichever guild makes the most sense for your goals in the next Challenge period.  Please review the "Guild System" section in the first post of the NF Beginner Guidebook.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hazard said:

 

 

Yes.  In whichever guild makes the most sense for your goals in the next Challenge period.  Please review the "Guild System" section in the first post of the NF Beginner Guidebook.

 

 

 

 

Thanks Hazard!! :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now