• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Cry Havoc Anthology: Chaos Theory

Well apparently it's the start of a new challenge, so I should at least make some sort of an effort to keep my life on track (even if I fully derail like usual).

Lately it kind of feels like this meme is my life...

3b1aa1e7c8b9a6fb02a82bc5b82e47cd.jpg

...so we're going to roll with that.  Plus Space Marines can't get cancer (only corrupted by Chaos, which isn't that different actually).

Rurik's Spring '18 WARHAMMER 40k-athon!

HEROIC TRAIT:  Gene-Seed of the Adeptus Astartes.  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

Track Macros & MyFitnessPal 5 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐☐

One weekly session of MOVE (yoga, uncaged human, a walk):    

HEROIC TRAIT:  Ascend or Perish.  [+5 CHA]

Do something that makes me “Happy” 3 times/week:  ☐☐☐

Social activity 1 time/week: 

Post a challenge update or check-in twice/week:  ☐☐

MYTHIC QUESTMy Life for the Emperor!  [+2 WIS]

Ongoing To-Do list… 

Read:  Reamde by Neil Stephenson.

Write:  Forthcoming.

Other:  Give notice for apartment (upon satisfying house conditions next week)

Other:  Start packing.

Big Three Objectives…

Nonnegotiable weekly goals, shit that absolutely needs to be done.

bccc3241fd704509ca1d9db28de3d0c7.jpg

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's a thing here in the US

https://www.google.com/search?q=cuddle+services&rlz=1C1EKKP_enUS702US702&oq=cuddle+services&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.9679j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I doubt there's much of a market for it up in your neck of the woods.

I'm sure Canadian law would somehow prohibit such transactions. We're pretty anti-fun as a general rule!

3 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Do you have a "free hugs!" shirt? If not perhaps you could get one and offer hugs - then you also get the hug benefit as well as the hug-ee.

No, but @Laghail said I need a "Can't Off Myself Before Riding Season' t-shirt. Not quite the same thing, but appeals to my nihilistic sense of humor.

ADDENDUM:  Major props to anyone who can find me actual ART of the motorcycle classes from Warhammer 40k.  That is to say, not painted miniatures but digital artwork portraying the actual universe.  I know a few of the Chapters maintain biker scouts (Raven Guard, Space Wolves, etc) and I would love some of that for future check-ins but can't seem to source any out there on the Googlespace.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Appreciated as always.

I'm almost at the point of paying someone to supply hugs on a regular basis...

Hugs inbound 

Image result for man hug gif

3 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

ADDENDUM:  Major props to anyone who can find me actual ART of the motorcycle classes from Warhammer 40k.  That is to say, not painted miniatures but digital artwork portraying the actual universe. 

Image result for warhammer 40k cycle

Did I do that right?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Give notice for apartment (upon satisfying house conditions next week)

I thought the house deal fell through. Did you get the house?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Jeezuz y'all made that look easy. I have no idea now how I failed so hard.

It helps if you know the terminology. They're called Assault Bikes, but I suggest you add in something like "WH40K" to that search, otherwise you're probably getting the Crossfit version of those ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I thought the house deal fell through. Did you get the house?

New house, new offer. Fingers crossed until house insurance (they might laugh at me)!

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

It helps if you know the terminology. They're called Assault Bikes, but I suggest you add in something like "WH40K" to that search, otherwise you're probably getting the Crossfit version of those ;)

Thanks buddy! That made my morning.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

New house, new offer. Fingers crossed until house insurance (they might laugh at me)

Hoping this one works

Update: In the ongoing tragedy saga of my life, today's doctor appointment rewarded me with the news that my business downstairs has spread to nearby lymph nodes and now puts my kidneys and liver at risk (which so far have been out of danger). So they jacked up my chemotherapy medication dosage and prioritized my surgery. Thursday at the latest, possibly sooner if an opening for my surgeon pops up.

Maybe 'rewarded' wasn't the right terminology to use after all.

• Sad 7

As soon as I saw:

On 3/16/2018 at 11:07 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

ADDENDUM:  Major props to anyone who can find me actual ART of the motorcycle classes from Warhammer 40k.  That is to say, not painted miniatures but digital artwork portraying the actual universe.  I know a few of the Chapters maintain biker scouts (Raven Guard, Space Wolves, etc) and I would love some of that for future check-ins but can't seem to source any out there on the Googlespace.

I instantly thought of:

On 3/17/2018 at 2:25 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Challenge accepted

And of course he was the very next reply.  Nerds, yeesh. <3

2 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Update: In the ongoing tragedy saga of my life, today's doctor appointment rewarded me with the news that my business downstairs has spread to nearby lymph nodes and now puts my kidneys and liver at risk (which so far have been out of danger). So they jacked up my chemotherapy medication dosage and prioritized my surgery. Thursday at the latest, possibly sooner if an opening for my surgeon pops up.

Maybe 'rewarded' wasn't the right terminology to use after all.

Ruriiiiiik oh gosh.  I'm so so sorry.  I'm so glad you're doing your best and keeping us updated, I can't imagine what you're going through right now.  I'll totally fly to Canada and supply hugs and sing some off kilter songs if it'd make that stupid cancer GO AWAY.  (If only that would work, huh?)  Keeping all my fingers crossed for you and sending you good vibes, you WILL beat this thing!!!! <3 <3 <3

• Like 1

All of the warm thoughts and wishes and good vibes your way!

It is great that they have been able to get you in quickly and have been proactive in making sure you are taken care of. If there is anything you need! 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I had to go off my antidepressants because they don't play well with my chemotherapy meds. Which didn't work out so well because the inside of my mind isn't a particularly happy place when I'm more chemically centered at the best of times...

Image.ashx?multiverseid=423614&type=card

...So I'm going to drink a lot of beer with a mutually depressed acquaintance who would probably benefit from some camaraderie.  It should either be supremely beneficial to both parties, or... not.

• Sad 1

Crap to hear that Rurik! I hope the surgery and treatment will have it's desired effect!

I'll drink a beer for ya tonight!

• Like 1

I'm so sorry, Rurik!  I really hope they caught everything early enough that the surgery + chemo will be enough to conquer this.  

15 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Unfortunately I had to go off my antidepressants because they don't play well with my chemotherapy meds. Which didn't work out so well because the inside of my mind isn't a particularly happy place when I'm more chemically centered at the best of times...

That's awful!  Are they sure there aren't any antidepressants out there that would be safe to take?  What is Canada's take on medicinal marijuana?  That might be another option.  I can't imagine going through all of this while dealing with withdrawal from much needed meds.  Ugh.  I'm on anti-anxiety meds, and I can't imagine being told that I have to give those up right when I would be at my most anxious and depressed.  

• Like 1

SITREP:  Week "0."

Well it was nice to put on human clothes and get out of the house. A "couple beer" turned into 4 hours of chitchat about ourselves and the world around us, provided some perspective, and made me feel better about at least my depression and the person I've been the past year.

No help with my health but that wasn't expected. Granville Island Maple Shack is a wonderful beer.

abHbQzH.jpg

HEROIC TRAIT:  Gene-Seed of the Adeptus Astartes.  [+2 STR, DEX, STA, CON]

Track Macros & MyFitnessPal 5 days/week:  ☐☐☐☐

One weekly session of MOVE (yoga, uncaged human, a walk):    

HEROIC TRAIT:  Ascend or Perish.  [+5 CHA]

Do something that makes me “Happy” 3 times/week:  ☐☐

Social activity 1 time/week: 

Post a challenge update or check-in twice/week: 

MYTHIC QUESTMy Life for the Emperor!  [+2 WIS]

Ongoing To-Do list… 

Read:  [In Progress] Reamde by Neil Stephenson.

Read:  [In Progress] Paradise Snare by AC Crispin.

Write:  Buddy introduced me to a new note/journal app that he uses for thoughts and ponderings.

Other:  Give notice for apartment (upon satisfying house conditions next week)

Other:  Start packing.

Big Three Objectives…

Massage tomorrow.

StimPaks from Popeyes.

1 hour ago, Nymeria said:

That's awful!  Are they sure there aren't any antidepressants out there that would be safe to take?  What is Canada's take on medicinal marijuana?  That might be another option.  I can't imagine going through all of this while dealing with withdrawal from much needed meds.  Ugh.  I'm on anti-anxiety meds, and I can't imagine being told that I have to give those up right when I would be at my most anxious and depressed.  

Nothing so far, though honestly they're way less concerned about that right now than chemo and surgery. I guess the onus is on me to keep my shit together long enough to survive this procedure and then try to pull together the drifting tectonic plates of my mind when it's all over.  Medicine marijuana is a possibility but one work wouldn't tolerate. We're moving toward legalization and whatnot up here but it's still very much a 'moral' gray area insofar as many are concerned. Unfortunately it stays in your system (generally) longer than alcohol and isn't as universally accepted.  :(

• Like 4

Warning - here is my overprotective mom-like rant:

OK, so surgery sooner than latter is a good thing at this point!  Get the crappy ass cancer riddled testicle out, now!   I know how much it sucks and I'm pissed off about all of it for you.  (remember the hubby's brain tumor 1.5 years ago, I got ya)  You are normal and totally allowed to be depressed about this shit!  I encourage you to find someone to talk to every day.  And bonus if its a councilor!  Keep in touch with us because we want to know what is going on and how you are doing each day.  We care about ya! Be kind to your self (and I will do the same because I'm headed to a hospital in Denver for 10 days of allergy/asthma and other assorted crap medical testing on my 13 year old daughter!)  We are here for ya!!!  Find us on FB, we are there too. Reach out if you need anything.  Sending you all the hugs, wish they could be real ones my friend!!!  I'll be in my medical caretaker mode for the next two weeks, so don't hesitate to reach out to me because I'm in that groove anyway.  <rant over>

Once things are settled pictures of the new place are requested.  ;)

• Like 2

Sending my thoughts and good vibes westward! Got my fingers crossed for a successful surgery and treatment and a speedy recovery. I think you know this, but all us Rangers have your back!

• Like 1

T-minus 10 hours until I take the long road to Cyborg City.  I hope my prosthetic gives me laser-thermal-sensing or some other nifty superpower.

• Like 6