Newbie with glitches

Salutations, all! I'm Jude, a recently joined noob thanks to my friend johnny shoesasurus. My main quest is to get my weight down to a healthy 123 pounds. I'm currently about 146, leaving me with 22lbs of extra baggage. My side quests include eating at least 1 serving of fruit or veggies each day. My diet is sporadically semi healthy. My" glitches" are borderline personality disorder, chronic/ major depressive disorder, and insomnia.  And I'm a picky eater. Sooo, getting off my squishy butt and going to a gym alone is socially terrifying. Working out at home is incredibly unrewarding (at least I can tan and get a chair massage at the gym, lol). And eating healthy just doesn't seem worth it, even tho I'm sure it would help. I'll try to figure out this website and all the glory it has to offer, but so far i haven't found it to be user friendly. Help and suggestions are appreciated! Over and out. 

• Like 1

Welcome to Nerd Fitness, there is a lot of information here, I was a little overwhelmed at first too. Just start out slowly and try to find what interests you and focus on that. There is a saying, "Abs are made in the kitchen". Diet is something I need to work on also. I've worked out at home and at the gym. I found at home I didn't have the motivation to keep working out, to easy to find other distractions, t5he gym has been helpful getting me out of the house. I love an empty gym, but also like when people are there as long as they don't use the equipment I need. LoL Feel free to ask questions, there are a lot of people here that are willing to help you. I'm new here also, but feel free to ask any questions. Good luck on your journey and remember this is a marathon so don't let one or a few bad days derail your goals. 

Nice to meet you,  @Enforcer25. Tis overwhelming. Due to some recent health issues I'm focused more on diet than exercise for now. I haven't heard that phrase about abs but it makes sense. I've been doing great on eating fruit or veggies everyday, largely due to v8 drinks and bolthouse farms products,  which I'm not sure are actually good for you :apathy: I totally agree about working out at home being difficult due to distractions. I tend to procrastinate on exercising, regardless of location, till the end of the day then just give up and go to bed. I also prefer a mostly empty gym. Thank you for your encouragement and support, tis appreciated! Ta muchly!

• Like 1

I find if I don't get my workout in right after work or later on my days off, it's harder for me to workout. Try to start off small and work up to something more. You know that if you wait until the end of the day, you will probably not work out, so work with that. Try to do something early in the day and don't worry about a full gym, a majority of the people in there are just working out and not really paying attention to others. Great job on the veggies and fruit. You can do this, have faith in yourself :) 

Thanks @Enforcer25. I'm going to try to work out around 4pm because that's when I usually have the most energy and it sets me up to burn calories while I eat dinner. Plus it gives me enough recovery time to drink water before bed without needing a piss break 4 times during the nite, lol. I assume that since I people watch at the gym (I'm working on being less judgemental, esp at the gym! ) other people are watching me. I tend to push myself at the gym a few days a week for 2 or 3 weeks, then stop going for a month or more. So one of my goals is to start small doing a manageable work out at home (I joined the academy and started using their beginning bodyweight workout). Now to stick with it!

• Like 1