I don't do New Year's resolutions

But I do set goals, try to take each moment and day as a fresh start, and re-evaluate "things" often. 

Yesterday I tried doing a workout from an app that was tagged as "light" - think it was designed more for an athletic 20-something than a midlife mom with some chronic health conditions and a crazy schedule. Bottom line, I'm "feeling it" today (not in a good way) - I've noticed that this tends to happen to me when I try "light workouts" from unknown apps or programs, instead of sticking with what I know from NFA with the built-in modifications that don't leave me injured and sidelined. 

So, back in the saddle (again) - stick with what I know from NFA, bodyweight, circuit, and "clean enough" eating.  My tendency is to go too hard or too soft (person of extremes), so a challenge for me is to find the middle ground and learn how to maintain course (good Buddhist lesson in there). 

Sorry that app workout wasn't well-suited. With new exercises, I try to do just a little bit (less than the app recommends or whatever) the first time. That way I can test out how my body will respond. Could be good to more slowly mix in things from the app or other sources?

Hope you are still back in that saddle!

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016