Blethan's Battle Log 2: Electric Boogaloo

Time for a re-spawn! 

I've started with NF academy from square one and this time I won't get distracted after week 3!

I'm setting a target to hit. My goals are simple:

• Body
    • Lose 10 lbs
  • Mind
    • Create a storyboard portfolio
  • Spirit
    • Create, and stick to, an evening and morning routine that works for me
    • Learn to mediate, practice daily

I'm taking it slow this time, following the NF academy weekly missions, starting from week 1. 

Week 1 Review:

Spoiler

Its been a tiring week, the burn-out I was feeling before Christmas has made a swift return...

Missions:

- Before Photos

Taken and hidden in a locked folder (sorry not sharing those...)

- Measurements

Weight : 140lbs

Neck : 13.4"

Chest : 37.5 “

Biceps : 11.5”

Waist : 37”

Hips : 37.5”

Thigh : 21” 

Calf : 14.1”

- Big Why

Right this one is tough. I've reviewed it several times since joining NF. This is definitely the deepest I've gone with it. I find it hard to express myself on any lecel, especially if it makes me feel vunrable...

Level 1 - I want to feel happy and healthy

Level 2 - I struggle with exercise and routine and I feel I could be in better shape if I just tried. I want to feel good when I look in the mirror and I want to be less tired and stressed all the time.

Level 3 - I feel I am going down a slippery slope and will soon build bad habits I'll be unable to undo later in life. I will become overweight if I carry on like this. I  think that being stressed and tired all the time will make me ill, damage my mental health, and hurt my relationships. 

- Walk 5 mins everyday

Done, bar Tuesday, but had a double walk Wednesday

- Log Food

I've logged my food everyday, and even though I haven't gone out of my way to change my eating habits, I am over-budget (calories out vs. calories in) 5/7 (aiming for a 500 cal deficit). Found this a bit shocking as I haven't been eating particularly badly, no pizza or bread really. But there has been a lot of snacks, popcorn, cookies, chocolate. I think cutting out sugar will become part of my next 4-week challenge. I've been going without coffee so far this month (I love coffee, and usually have at least 3 cups a day), but I thought I'd give it up for January. My thinking was that if I can give up that, cold turkey, I can give up sugar. We'll see.

Goals:

• Body
    • 4/7 day 500 deficit
    • 2 Strength training / 1 Yoga
    • 5/7 days with 5+ mins walk
  • Mind
    • Storyboard portfolio complete and sent-off. Still needs further work though
    • 4/7 days using bujo 
  • Spirit
    • 3x meditation sessions
    • 5/5 days in bed by 11.30

-Rebel-

4WC 2019 : 2.7.2

“Get a dream, hold on to it and shoot for the sky.” 

-- Dusty Rhodes

Goal Break-Down

I'm going to set a time limit of 3 months for these goals (I often leave them open-ended and I think this helps me 'put stuff off')

March 11th (end of the 4th challenge) and roughly 3 months to complete my goals.

• Body
    • I will start eating the NF diet at Lvl 5 (basically paleo, but with some brown rice, wraps, cheese). I will consume as many healthy calories as possible, but I'm allowed to make conscious unhealthy choices, as long as they are surrounded by more healthy ones (e.g. if I want pizza for tea on a Saturday, make sure I'm eating healthy for breakfast, lunch, and on Sunday). Aiming for 85 % 'Paleo'
    • I will start working out again. 2 yoga sessions, and 2 strength training sessions a week. 
    • I will start walking again. 5 mins a day to begin with. 
  • Mind
    • I will spend one hour a week working on personal projects.
    • I will finish my storyboarding online class, and assignments. 
    • I will collate my work into a presentable portfolio
    • I will use my bullet journal to organise myself to make sure I have enough time for all tasks.
  • Spirit
    • Be in bed by 11.30 every week night.
    • Meditate for 10 mins 3 times a week using Buddify.

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

Tuesday 16

• Body
    • 500 cal deficit
    • Walked 4,600 steps.
  • Mind
    • Used BuJo
    • Did some life drawing
  • Spirit
    • Did my first meditation. I'm using calm and headspace until I figure out which one I prefer. Any recommendations are welcome! I don't like the idea that headspace charge 10 pound a month once you've finished the first ten days... 
    • In bed by 11.30

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

Wednesday 17

• Body
    • 500 cal deficit (though I could really have done without the two cookies I had this afternoon)
    • Did strength training (arms and chest). I've cobbled together a series of workouts using resistance bands. I really enjoy weight training but don’t have room in my flat for a set, and can't afford the local gyms, so I've got some rest acne bands to fill in for the time being. Hopefully when I move (which will be soon) I'll have some more space.
    • Walked 5,800 steps.
  • Mind
    • Used Bujo
  • Spirit
    • Meditated this morning, first thing, might try again tonight though. I was so sleepy I couldn't really concentrate XD

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

I got ill on Friday and so I've slipped a bit. I find it difficult to not just feel sorry for myself when I'm ill, and this tends to lead to me eating more. I've always said that I'm not an emotional eater, and that I have more control than that, but I'm starting to realise that just isn't true. When I'm feeling down I will just eat whatever is in the fridge. As long as I don't have to leave the house, I'll eat it. I'm not entirely sure how to avoid this. I know that exercise often picks me up when I start feeling this way, but its kind of pot luck as to whether I can convince myself to go through with it. Like having a little argument with myself. There’s one side going “if you do this you'll feel better, you won't regret it” and the other side is going "what’s the point, in anything. If I don't eat this, and if I do do that, what difference does it make in the long run. Even if I lose a ton of weight and look like a super-model, at the end of the day nothing has changed... the world isn't better because I've lost a few pounds"... and thats what it’s like in my head. Sometimes. Not all the time. Just when these moments occur. And in these moments its very very hard to convince myself. 

Either way, I know I've had a lazy weekend. I've not had a blow-out food-a-thon, just a general laziness. What I know is that tomorrow I'll wake up and it can start again. But tomorrow I'll feel better and I'll be able to go for my walk, and choose healthy foods. 

Other than that, I've had a good week. 

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

Monday 22n January

Like I said, today would be better, and it was. I've had a reasonably easy day in work (thanks to a colleague taking on some work for me!) and this has definitely been reflected in my mood. I've not snacked at all! I did have a latter this morning, because someone bought me one and I would've felt bad saying no. But one for almost an entire month isn't bad!

• Body
    • 500 cal deficit (y)
    • Yoga fire series A. I could handle everything except the last few balancing poses... I just couldn't stay up!
    • Only 3400 steps today. I will have to try and beat that tomorrow.
  • Mind
    • FInally have applied to that thing I've been putting off...
    • Used BuJo
  • Spirit
    • In bed by 11.30
    • Really good meditation session. I slept amazingly that night!

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

I found this website:

http://paleoonabudget.com/

Which has a ton of free printables, guides, recipes etc.

But also has one of the best things I've seen on Paleo. 

Basically it says MAKE IT YOUR OWN. Everyone on the internet seems to be like 'this is paleo' 'this isn't' and arguing between each other. But all you really need to do is eat as clean and healthy as possible.

Here's a few bits I liked 

" There is no clear cut, black and white you must live this way set of rules. This isn’t weight watchers or Jenny Craig – this is Paleo! "

" The most important thing to remember is that Paleo is person specific. Your version of Paleo is going to be different than mine which is going to be different than Mr. POAB’s. All because our bodies are totally different and we all have different aliments we’re trying to heal. So if you see a recipe on here or another site / book that isn’t in compliance with what you need to be healthy, it doesn’t make it “not Paleo”! It just means that it’ll fit someone else’s version of Paleo – and maybe one day it’ll fit yours too!"

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

4WC - Disney Adventure Challenge Part 2: Bambi Legs

• Nerd Fitness Diet Level 5
    • Log everyday (in bullet journal)
    • 3 'free' meals a week or 1 'cheat' day
    • Prep breakfasts on Sunday night
  • Spend 1 hour/week working on storyboarding project
    • Schedule time into calender
    • Create a plan of action
    • Organise workspace
  • 10 MIntues of Meditation x 3/week
    • Set aside time in evening
    • Stop watching TV earlier

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes

TLW (today’s little wins)

1. Didn’t eat any of the cookies (even when they were homemade and literally thrust under my nose...)
  2. Went for a run
  3. Did some yoga
  4. Didnt send a sarcastic email, even though I was raging
  5. Set up my 4wc
  • Like 1

-Rebel-

-- Dusty Rhodes