• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Crossfit Games: The Open 2018

Just now, DarK_RaideR said:

With @Endor and @Rurik Harrgath sitting this one out, it was starting to feel a bit lonely but I'm so excited to see several people signing up!

Anyone planning to watch the workout announcements live?

Yep!

That's part of the reason i signed up, now i want to be submerged in all that is CrossFit.

Anybody know if there is a way to make a "friends list"-leaderboard?

6 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

With @Endor and @Rurik Harrgath sitting this one out, it was starting to feel a bit lonely but I'm so excited to see several people signing up!

Anyone planning to watch the workout announcements live?

Because of the time differences they happen at weird times for me...the first one is midday Friday my time so I might see if I can take an early lunch break.

Are you guys on Facebook or some kind of other social media platform that supports group chats? Could be cool to chat while watching. 

26 minutes ago, EmeraldEagle said:

Because of the time differences they happen at weird times for me...the first one is midday Friday my time so I might see if I can take an early lunch break.

Are you guys on Facebook or some kind of other social media platform that supports group chats? Could be cool to chat while watching. 

Hmm, just checked the time, don't know if i can make it... 2 in the morning... But i'm gonna try!

We could use a Facebook group chat.

https://www.facebook.com/wtjdijkstra

34 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Anybody know if there is a way to make a "friends list"-leaderboard?

There were instructions somewhere, I remember trying it and it was either too complicated or wouldn't work for me.

28 minutes ago, EmeraldEagle said:

You could look up the Ranger group on FB. Watching the announcements live a few years back with Rurik and RuthixCube were awesome, which is why I made the question in the first place :D

29 minutes ago, EmeraldEagle said:

1 minute ago, Mr_Willes said:

Hmm, just checked the time, don't know if i can make it... 2 in the morning... But i'm gonna try!

It's something like 4-5 a.m. for me :(

18 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Watching the announcements live a few years back with Rurik and RuthixCube were awesome, which is why I made the question in the first place :D

I'll still be closely following, probably attempting the workouts when I'm on the road to full recovery. Still up for some live announcement group chats!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

We could use a Facebook group chat.

https://www.facebook.com/wtjdijkstra

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

There were instructions somewhere, I remember trying it and it was either too complicated or wouldn't work for me.

You could look up the Ranger group on FB. Watching the announcements live a few years back with Rurik and RuthixCube were awesome, which is why I made the question in the first place :D

It's something like 4-5 a.m. for me :(

5 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'll still be closely following, probably attempting the workouts when I'm on the road to full recovery. Still up for some live announcement group chats!

OK I'll stop complaining about my timing :P 

Can we do a group chat through the Facebook group without accidentally including everyone? I guess we could just have a post we all comment on... Unless I'm about to gain a new bunch of Facebook friends (which would be kind of cool actually, I'm totally not against that!)

On 20/02/2018 at 3:56 AM, Cardinal_22 said:

I'm in.  I'll be competing in the men's masters (40-44) division and generally trying not to die.

Hey that's my category too, finally another Masters athlete :)  Sadly I'm injured so unless the WOD gods look favourably I won't be competing but I'll enjoy watching you crush these whippersnappers! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Endor said:

Hey that's my category too, finally another Masters athlete :)  Sadly I'm injured so unless the WOD gods look favourably I won't be competing but I'll enjoy watching you crush these whippersnappers! 

Lol, I'll do my best... but its likely that I will get buried by these guys.  Due to an internal gym team competition I'm probably going to have to do the workout tonight, immediately after the announcement.  I'm seriously nervous right now.

• Like 1

Oh man I would have loved to do 18.1, the pressing definitely rules me out of that unfortunately. 

Going to be a good one! ;) 

3 minutes ago, Endor said:

Oh man I would have loved to do 18.1, the pressing definitely rules me out of that unfortunately. 

Going to be a good one! ;) 

That sucks man :( Can you hang from a bar to do toes-to-bar (is it just pressing weight overhead)? 

I'm am so nervous / excited! I'll be scaling because I'm not flexible enough for toes to bar yet. At least there's no running!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EmeraldEagle said:

That sucks man :( Can you hang from a bar to do toes-to-bar (is it just pressing weight overhead)? 

I'm am so nervous / excited! I'll be scaling because I'm not flexible enough for toes to bar yet. At least there's no running!!

I could probably do the whole thing Rx but it will certainly cause re-injury and would set back my recovery by at least 6 weeks, at 5 weeks into my recovery already it's just not worth it. With a bit of luck I might be recovered in time for the final workout, depending what it is. I'm not that bummed about it, had plenty of injuries and worse than this, at least I can still workout regularly that's the main thing. 

You're going to have a blast! It's actually a great beginner workout :encouragement: