• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Crossfit Games: The Open 2018

16.5 was brutal.  I've done it 3 or 4 times now, and I honestly hope to never see it again.  Hats off to you for trying it.  Considering how beaten up we all are after just finishing the open, I wouldn't feel bad about not making your best time.  If you were well rested, I'm sure you would shave off several minutes at the very least.  Plus (as you mentioned), there's the new burpee standard...

• Like 1

Well my gym is having an 18.6. Our gym teams (there are 4 of them) are competing once more for a chance to win the gym title. Each team gets to pick only 4 teammates to do the WOD. I have been chosen. :o I am not sure what the WOD is yet. So the Games continue for this girl. One more WOD.

After 18.6 we are having a party with awards and such. Should be a good time.

• Like 3

I think the final scores have pretty much stabilized now.  It's not quite the finish I was hoping for (I really wanted a percentage that started with an 8), but I ended slightly better than last year.  So there's at least some gain. 

In the end, I think the HSPUs killed me.  I've got my training cut out for me for next year.

Screenshot_20180329-144313.png

• Like 2

Going scaled really fucks up your score. Seeing the bump from the 18.4 which was the only one i didn't scale.

Well goal for next year, do all workouts RX.

LG7Elvm.png

qQpjrND.png

• Like 2

Everybody starts somewhere.  I have mad respect that you finished the open, scaled or otherwise.  I don't care what anyone says... those workouts are HARD. 

Can't wait to see you crush it next year.  =)

• Like 1

Well actually it was my own fault, I just should have done everything scaled, that would have made it possible to compare to the other scaled.

Thats why next year I'm gonna go all Rx!

My percentiles are so pathetic, but you have to start somewhere.

6th Worldwide women (35-39)

6th North Central women (35-39)

Oh Well. They are only numbers. Plus those include all women (RX and scaled). Can't seem to get a percentile for just scaled.

• Like 2

18.6 and thus the OPEN is done: (copy from my challenge thread)

18.6 was a last competition for our gym teams. After the work out the coaches tallied our scores and declared a winner. There was food and drink. Mostly a good time :)

Each team leader was allowed to pick 4 people to participate in 18.6. I was one of the chosen. At 6:30 Friday night we were all there and ready. It was announced that each team was to be put in an escape room. We had to work out the clues to fight the "zombies", unlock the oven to rescue the last pizza, and escape. First team out received 4pts, second place got 3 pts, and so on. If you needed a hint to one of the clues you had to earn it.

1st hint: 30 lunge steps per member

2nd hint: carry all the dumbells from one end of the gym to the other, no running with dumbbells

3rd hint: 40 20" box jumps as a team

4th hint: 80 burpees as a team

5th hint: 100 team wall balls (wallball so the ball is caught by the next person, if the ball hits the ground you have to do 3 burpees)

My team used 4 hints and finished first. It took us 69mins and 45 secs. We were frustrated. We had hoped on a regular WOD so we could interact with the spectators and then socialize. Oh well it was fun-ish.

So my team earned 4pts earning us top ranking in the gym. Team Warrensdottir for the win!.

• Like 2