Awkward question for the guys

Hey fellas! Ok so here's the situation.

I've started the Stronglifts 5x5 program which includes doing a lot of squats. Aaaand... my underwear can't hack it. Sadly several pairs have bit the dust, ripping from the movements. Any suggestions for sturdy underwear that is not too expensive?

Outlaw Monk

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

My Mighty Quest!

STR 9.1 - DEX 9.6 - STA 5.6 - CON 7 - WIS 12 -CHA 8

Fruit of the Loom Boxer Briefs.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Check out the brand "Life" at Walmart. Their regular briefs are polyester and stretch just fine. Also, non boxers don't really have the problem, with splitting from squats because they don't pull like boxers do.

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

On 1/24/2018 at 10:59 AM, caponerd48 said:

too old to change my ways now!

...until you blow out a few pairs :D

I'm moving away from boxers, too bunch bunching up around the hip joint areas.

Boxer briefs have been great. Find a brand that works for you. Mine are "Royal" (a.k.a. Aldi value brand). Just find something that stretches

And on the subject of stronglifts and squats: Congrats! I've been hitting 5x5 since about october.

And on squats...alway poo before you squat...had a close call once, that's all I'll say

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

1 hour ago, farflight said:

...until you blow out a few pairs :D

I'm moving away from boxers, too bunch bunching up around the hip joint areas.

Boxer briefs have been great. Find a brand that works for you. Mine are "Royal" (a.k.a. Aldi value brand). Just find something that stretches

And on the subject of stronglifts and squats: Congrats! I've been hitting 5x5 since about october.

And on squats...alway poo before you squat...had a close call once, that's all I'll say

Boxer briefs are what I am looking for! There are no Aldi around here unfortunately

As for the number two issue.... I have been so paranoid of a mishap I pre-emptively eject beforehand already lol!

Outlaw Monk

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

My Mighty Quest!

STR 9.1 - DEX 9.6 - STA 5.6 - CON 7 - WIS 12 -CHA 8

44 minutes ago, caponerd48 said:

I have been so paranoid of a mishap I pre-emptively eject beforehand already lol!

Yea, I've come close...I can just picture the conversation now

Spotter: That was a good five!

Lifter:....no...that was a 2...

• Haha 2

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)