• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Karin

When I hike I ALWAYS get my period.

It makes no sense. Even when I think about hiking I will sometimes start spotting. It's the weirdest thing. I have a Mirena IUD so I don't ever get one normally but as soon as I hike, BAM! It forces its way in. Just today I was talking to my friends that we should go hiking the Catskills this summer and when I get home I start spotting. 

Anyone else notice any weird correlations with their periods and certain activities or is my uterus just being ridiculous?

For me, it's inevitably when I have a big activity happening. Wedding? Check! Travel abroad? Well, hello Aunt Flo, glad you could join us. Big job change oorr maybe midterms happening? Here's some PMS to help you distract yourself!

I think it's mostly to do with strenuous activities. Usually when traveling, we're walking a lot more than on normal days and doing a lot more, even if not crunched for time. 20,000 steps in a day instead of 3,000. That's pretty huge. And strenuous can be physical or mental/emotional; any major stressor tends to kick off my cycle.

...seriously. It feels like every time, which isn't really possible, but it's just the worst. I am not on BC at the moment, in fact quite the opposite - we are trying to conceive and we're fairly late in the game (no kids, nearly 39 years old). BC at least helped me predict when it'd be the worst and lessened the related cramping.

Wheee so much fun. Uteruses ARE ridiculous. ;)

• Like 2

At the office I work, we're all around the same cycle. So when one hits, she warns everyone. XD My friend and boss, and another supervisor will start, and then two days later I start. Lots of starbucks goes around during that time. XD

• Like 1

I work in a mostly female office too. Same thing! Hilarity ensues. Oh our ridiculous uteri. Good to know I'm not the only one with stress brought on seemingly random periods.

I work mostly with guys, so I'm usually only one emotional during that period! :)

As for the activities, I always get my period when travelling! It doesn't even bother me anymore, I guess I just got used to it :barbershop_quartet_