• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

OldBacon

30 days - Paleo + IF + Exercise + Sleep through end of May

So, I guess it's really 37 days between now and the end of May.

So, my plan (thanks to many IRC discussions, especially with LorenWade and Catspaw)

* Foundation of Paleo eating and sleep

* Morning-workout version of LeanGains intermittent fasting (eat noon to 8pm with BCAA's between morning workout and noon)

* Lots of water

Posting here as a place to log my progress. I am a little outside my comfort zone by trying this.

Next - a transcript of Catspaws summary of lean gains IF...

An epic / much better transcript by LorenWade of Catspaws awesome explanation of lean gains IF... http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?10156-The-Official-IF-Leangains-Mutual-Support-Thread&p=149188&viewfull=1#post149188

And a link to a tracker she recommended - http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/18/want-to-make-your-if-leangains-diet-simpler-dont-count-calories/

And an if calculator http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

Edited by thebody
added IF links for tracker and calculator

Exactly what I'm trying! How strict are you with carb heavy foods on your diet? For my training I'm going to be doing bodyweight/kettlebell/sandbag circuits that are pretty intense so I'm thinking of eating some starchy foods after the circuits. And as for IF, I gotta admit I love it, I've always got encouraging results with very little effort from it.

Hey NomadJamie - must agree on the IF - it actually frightened me a bit, the level of success I had when first trying IF... blew my mind. Getting back into IF now that I have mentally adjusted.

Sounds like you might need some potatoes and sweet potatoes on your kettlebell days. I'm sticking to body-weight exercise and walking - pretty light stuff while I try to lean out and save up for a gym membership in a year or so.

That sounds great - and it has what you want? I find that cheaper gyms usually only have the machine-resistance weights - not much in free weights.

My other holdup is a potential move - would hate to get all setup jus tho have to quit. Things are moving fast right now.

That sounds great - and it has what you want? I find that cheaper gyms usually only have the machine-resistance weights - not much in free weights.

My other holdup is a potential move - would hate to get all setup jus tho have to quit. Things are moving fast right now.

Well, I go to a CrossFit gym which is a lot more... but it was just a suggestion. :)

I'm starting basically this exact same thing on Friday (except a bit less Paleo, but still healthy and as clean as possible). I'm a bit nervous but excited all the same. I just need to make sure I stick with it! Good luck to you!

I was a member of Planet Fitness for quite a while which was 11 a month. And yes there were definitely more machines then free weights, but it was still doable. Right now I'm a member of the local YMCA. I applied for their financial aid on a whim (the worst they could say was no right?) and ended up getting 75% off, so instead of 45 a month its 11! The weight room is small but I don't think I've ever seen more than 5 people in there at a time. A gym is definitely manageable with some research and planning!

Right now I'm a member of the local YMCA. I applied for their financial aid on a whim (the worst they could say was no right?) and ended up getting 75% off, so instead of 45 a month its 11!

Nicely done

Good luck! I only have 5 days left on my paleo challenge - I've logged it in the Paleo forum. Have fun, and it'll make you feel better!

This is great - loving the support.

I think I might have to close this one out and create the new six week challenge with this theme (I think it starts Monday).