Need to get on track, but work...

Hi! I’m alex, and i’m new here. 

To summerize, i work a lot. A lot is an understatemenr. I am 27 yo, and I have built 7 sucessfull company in the past 5 years.

Since i prioritised my companies to my health for years, ive turn my life around about 6 months ago, when i became sober. I used to drink to excess 2-3 times a week, and do tons of drugs. It « toik the edge off ». I didnt know how to handle stress and anxiety, and since haved learn to deal qith it in sane ways. 

I didnt want to quit all at once. I started with getting sober, theb becoming a non smoker. 

I also started the gym. I used to train a lot when younger, and i started getting back at it. I try to eat well, but i eat too much, and well, i am not constant. 

The thing is that i have rysh at work. if its calm, i go to the gym, meditate, eat well, etc.

Then i am in a rush, working 20hours per day, for days, locked in my office. We order food, smoke cigsrettes, and live very unhealthy. But i love my job, im doing amaxing things with amazing people. Since a couple companies are start ups, or need my attention anyways, and thatbwe are a small team, i need to be there modt of the time. 

The office is a bit small for the too many people there. The gym is 5 min away, but well, i dont always have the motivation when i finish at 3 am lol. Also, i dont sleep enough, those days,., 

any ideas or thoughts? 

I have a good 40 pounds to loose, i already loose 12, i can do it! 

Uhm, I have seen people overworking as you do, and it never ended very well. I hope it will be different for you, but I am worried that you treat work as the other sostance abuse you are talking about.
I am in no position to give advice on this field, but a reasoning I am doing on myself is that I overwork because/when I don't want to deal with loneliness, but then not having time to go out and meet people makes me spiral out of control. Balance is what I am searching for.
5 startups are great but also very challenging! I bet they feel like your children to you. Can you delegate a lot of the work? You have to take care of yourself for the sake of them, can they go on without you? If the answer is yes, then take care of yourself, if it is no... have you ever heard of the bus factor? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor
Don't be the single point of failure in your companies!!

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I actually delegate quite a lot. There was a stalling point in september, where we were waiting for a aubcontracter so everything was stalled, so we work very little, and i find ther project for my enployees.

Now, on company season is starting (its seasonnal for the summee so we start closing the contract un january), another has an 30 days windos opportunity to get a contract with a fortune 500 company if the software is on point, another has a photoshoot this weekend, and another is also very time sensitive because theres construction permits involve... 

That happens from time to time. Im usually taking the weekend off but this months i havent. I usually have more time on my hands...

As a business owner, I'm sure you are familiar with the idea Time Management, keep a date book, or appointment schedule of some kind.  Maybe you need to schedule Gym time into your day.  Then only allow appointments that do not interfere with that scheduled appointment.  From that rigidly set meeting with yourself, you can evaluate if another issue has to take priority to your health....  I recommend if you haven't read it already the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.  It has a concept in it called "Sharpen the Saw"  An anecdote of two lumberjacks of equal skill and muscle, with identical saws competed on who could cut the most wood in a day... they started and were neck and neck for the first hour, when one stopped, sat down and took a file, and began to run it down the teeth of his saw... the other continued working.  After 5 minutes of filing the first man started sawing again, 5 minutes of work behind the other.  He made up some time, but after another hour, he stopped for another 5 minutes of filing the teeth of his saw.  This continued every hour, and by mid day he had caught up to the other lumberjack. and by the end of the day, even with stopping every hour for only 5 minutes, he had nearly doubled the wood of the other man.  For as the other man worked, his saw got duller and duller, and less efficient.   you need to take time to "sharpen your saw", in order to support your business.

Level: 2 Celt Adventurer

Str: 3 Dex: 2 Sta: 2 Con: 4.25 Wis: 4.75 Cha: 4

Challenges: 1 / 2