Well as you can tell I don’t know how to do multi quotes in Tapatalk but that’s okay.

Can’t remember if I mentioned before that Cub2 was getting ear tubes put in or not. So that happened last Friday and everything went well. He also had his adenoids removed.

I had to take Thursday night off since the surgery was really early in the morning. I couldn’t sleep so finally at 5AM I got up and did my yoga for the day that I thought I was going to miss. Then cooked breakfast for everyone except Cub2 (no food or liquids pre-surgery). It was a nice dry run for what I hope will be my schedule when I get the new shift. Wake up 5AM, do yoga, shower, make and eat breakfast, make lunch for me and Cub1, and be out the door between 6:30-6:40. That’s the plan but I’ll have to see how it fits into real life.

Otherwise not much else of consequence going on. Did get an extra 45 minute yoga session in on Thursday for a total of 5/3 for the week. Sunday morning currently sitting at 800 out of 25,000+ yoga-ers, so still in my range of being in the top 1,000.

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

Quick update before I forget to post again. I put in my bid on Sunday night for new position and will find out later today if I got it or not. Monday did my scheduled yoga workout. Tuesday did an extra yoga session that lasted 25 minutes and not much compared to others that I’ve been doing, but still liked it. Talked with my sister and her youngest son (not really that young, 25 I think) and his family (girlfriend and 2 month old) is moving out of her house here in the next month or so. So my sister is going to be an empty nester soon and I don’t know how that will affect her. Hopefully I’ll be able to help her some in this period of transition. 

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

Another quick update. First I did win my bid, so* I’ll have a new position soon-ish. Manager sent an email saying my release date will be determined in the “near” future. Most likely not until they find a replacement, my guess is that I’ll be at new job first of the year. Plus I still have 3 weeks of vacation left for the year so* it might be silly to move me over before then.

Of less importance, got my second scheduled yoga in but actual third workout of the week. I’m wondering if it’s the nervous energy that is prompting me to do more yoga?

*I seem to be stealing Sloth’s so statements. I purposely removed one so* there wouldn’t be so many.

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

On 10/17/2018 at 12:17 PM, Bearlee said:

*I seem to be stealing Sloth’s so statements. I purposely removed one so* there wouldn’t be so many.

And then you added one to explain why you removed one. Well played!!! :D

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

2018-19 & 2021 threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII

On 10/17/2018 at 9:36 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Congratulations. I thought they wanted to get rid of your position? I’m surprised they’re replacing you.

Personally I think I’m irreplaceable, but honestly I’m not sure what they are going to do with my position and that kinda tipped me into taking this new position. Take what I want instead of having to accept what is given to me. I’ve never seen my department in such turmoil before so it’s hard to say what’s going to happen. I’ll be the 4th person leaving in six months (that’s a third of our shop), the place I’m bidding into has also had four people (of 25) move or leave the company in the same time span, and two other shops in our area have had people bid to positions outside of our territory (one from each shop, but the are both only two man shops). Also in the shop I’m bidding into a third of them applied for one of the positions that opened up in the smaller shop. And that second smaller shop just had it’s spot open up, so I’m sure there will be a bidding war for that position also. Then there is the part where our department got absorbed into another similar department, so that puts all of our futures in jeopardy. The one place I know they will need is the repair facility even if the other department starts taking our jobs. Times of chaos man.

Viking Adventurer

Longish time since posting, so I’ll start from the beginning. Friday I didn’t do my yoga at my usual time thinking I would be able to do it after I took Cub2 to the doctor’s for his post surgery check up and then drop him off at day care, then do yoga. For some reason I didn’t drop him off at daycare and instead toddled around shopping with him. That was a mistake because we both got tired and grumpy and no yoga was done.

Saturday was fun. Took the Cubs to a local farm historic site. Cub2 had a big time chasing chickens and cats and seeing all the other animals. Cub1 also seemed to have fun.

Sunday took Cubs and wife to new park I saw the other day. Cubs had fun. Then went house shopping for the wife. Getting really worried that her tastes are going to end up getting us into the poor house and not a new house.

Monday, so far, got my first scheduled yoga for the week. I was fretting so much over the missed one Friday that it felt good to get back on track.

Viking Adventurer

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hope not because you came across a body... :o 

Or because of wading through leech-infested water. :mellow:

• Like 2

Active challenges: Spring Respawn: Winter Blues to Summer Bod | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

2023-24 threads: Challenge VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You’re Wil Wheaton I assume. 

uG1bTx.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can’t believe it’s been since my close encounters with the trains that I’ve updated. I survived that ordeal and didn’t find any dead bodies. Though if I would have taken a bad step I probably would have rolled into the creek nearby which looked like it would have been full of leaches.

That day at work really threw me off my schedule for sleeping (worked half a day unplanned overtime) and that just ruined my whole week sleeping wise. I did get my planned workouts in but otherwise that was just a survival week.

This week is not going much better. Called into work Sunday early because we don’t have a second shift and instead of filling it with overtime they would rather abuse our on-call status and save a few bucks. That started the week out badly for me and has also interrupted my sleep schedule. Sunday to Monday is my longest period of the week without sleep. I wake up Sunday around 8AM, work Sunday night, then go to sleep Monday at 8AM, but usually try to get a couple of hours of sleep in before going to work. Didn’t happen this week and I’ve been sluggish all week. I’ve also come down with the crud and have been trying to fight that off. So far crud protocols (massive amounts of Cold-Eze lozenges, Emergen-C, stay warm, liquids, and as much sleep as possible) have kept the worst of it at bay.

End of the month and on my DDPYoga app I ended up at 946 out of 25,000 people points wise. So met the goal of top 1000 but just barely. I did have a missed day of workouts and a couple of half-assed sessions where I didn’t wear my heart rate monitor (which halves my points for that workout). Only two months left in the year and I want to get back into a better flow with the yoga.

• Like 3

Viking Adventurer

Forgot some important stuff on my last post, plus I ran out of time. Sunday was Cub2’s birthday, I had a lot of cake and ice cream that day. And then there were leftovers, so not a good week for sugar. And then on Halloween had a second gathering (not really a party either time, just family getting together) and more cake and ice cream with plenty of left overs. No Halloween candy though since neither kid likes Halloween. Sugar may have won this week, but I should be good for the rest of the month until Thanksgiving, and even that won’t be much sugar.

Also, Tuesday I took Cub1 to the cinema and we watched Spirted Away by Studio Ghibli. I didn’t know what he would think of this one but he said he liked it but not as much as My Neighbor Totoro. While we were there I indulged in popcorn and soda. One of the few times now that I actually have soda (and I don’t regret it). The last Studio Ghibli film is on November 20th. It’s Castle In The Sky and I think he will like it, well he should because he’s already seen it and said he liked it but that was a few years ago.

Speaking of soda, I have mostly beaten this beast (minus the cinema visits) and my last hold out of mango tea from Taco Bell has also fallen. Taco Bell has started selling their drinks in clear cups and the mango tea does not look appetizing at all when you can see it, so I’ve gone to un-sweet tea there also.

I’ve also gotten my Friday workout in. It was DDPY’s Below The Belt. Four weeks in and I’m thinking this next level of intermediate isn’t so tough, but then I looked ahead and see that after next week I’ll be going from 3 workouts per week to 4 and the intensity level will also increase. It’s not an insane increase, just enough to push me out of my comfort zone which should be a good thing.

Also forgot to mention that my work still hasn’t given me a move date to go to my new position. However they did post my old position and it hit me that this is really happening. Though they did change the days off on my old position from Friday/Saturday (basically Sat/Sun) to Thursday/Friday (Friday/Saturday). If I thought they were going to have trouble filling my position before, I think they just doubled the difficulty, but it’s not my concern now. I’ll keep you up to date about the job situation as I figure it out. My guess is January 2nd of next year since I’m on vacation from Dec. 5th to the end of the year. Though I would like to know what my job will be and who my foreman will be (there are several) because there are some things I may need to do before the end of the year (like file for next year’s vacation time) and I don’t know how they do it over there. Nice thing is is that I’ll be going in with either the second or third highest seniority out of 25 people, so that should hopefully prove useful to me.

• Like 3

Viking Adventurer

Wooo! For some reason I was on fire tonight. Took a nap before work and I’ve been a bouncing ball of energy ever since. And it showed in my yoga. During yoga my heart rate usually hovers around 100-115 but tonight it hung around the high 120s and at times I had trouble keeping it under 137 (my supposed uppper limit I should work at). At the end I averaged 121 which considering it’s a 23 minute workout with about a combine time of 8 minutes for warm up and cool down (leaving only 15 minutes of actual workout time) it’s fairly impressive. Though I don’t know what was different about this time compared to other times since the level of exertion seemed about the same. Only difference was that I had pizza before working out. Perhaps pizza is my superpower? But in all seriousness Monday morning I got in my scheduled workouts of Energy and Red Hot Core. And it looks like a lot more combos coming up in the future.

I also noticed that I’m going to be doing Diamond Cutter 2.0 every Friday for the next eight weeks. That kind of intimidates me since most of my workouts have been either beginner or intermediate workouts and DC2 is an advanced level workout. Though if you don’t push your boundaries you don’t make progress. Just like with the Red Hot Core, I don’t have abdominal cramps after the first two minutes any more, though there is still a ton of modifications done. On the other hand, I have very few modifications now with the Energy workout other than not doing the Standing Split on my left leg so I can protect my left knee. I can put my full weight on that leg and do a Superman, I just can’t bend down to touch the floor without getting a twinge in my knee.

This weekend I got a book to help me prepare for my new position, it’s called Make: Electronics (Burn things out, mess things up — that’s how you learn) from the people that publish Make: magazine. It’s the most basic book that you can get to get into electronics but I’m having fun relearning all the stuff I learned 20+ years ago. It’s a nice little refresher and it even explains some things better than what I knew before. I even ordered the kits that are available online so I can make some of the projects in the book. Perhaps I’ll even do a few with Cub1. Though there is not much about transmissions which is what I assume will be a lot of what I’m going to be working with (since we are a communications department) but it’s nice to get some of the fundamentals down so I will know what people are talking about when we get down to the component level. Perhaps I can even turn this into a hobby.

Speaking of hobbies, in the past couple of weeks I’ve found a website called Code.org that teaches coding. TML might give a grin and say isn’t that cute, but it’s a fun place to start with. Though I’m just snapping code blocks together and my mind wanders to all the things I’m not seeing. I input move direction and distance and the sort, but then I wonder about the graphics that are used and the music and sound. Where does all that come from? And I read the code because I’m interested in that and I wonder what are the parentheses () for and why is there a semicolon at the end of each line? I suppose I step at a time. I am a bit concerned though because this is a site that Cub1 says they are using at his school and I thought it would be fun for us to interact with, but it may come down to the old “if my parents like it it’s not cool” kind of thing.

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

Thanks, Bearlee. Yes, I am lurking here and there checking up on you guys. 

I am doing well. Down 25 pounds for the year. Exercising more often. Blood sugar still a problem. I do better without the goals and challenges, it seems. I have decided that rather than try to be who I want to be (a fabulous sophisticated woman) I will be who I am (a simple quirky country girl). Working on a piece about gun violence that I hope (fear?) will be performed at church. Currently preparing for work this winter when we are down one set of equipment (broken image receptor, replacement could be months, if ever) and one lead tech (back injury, worker's comp case, don't know when, or if, she'll be back to work).  

Have fun Bearlee!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Emma said:

Thanks, Bearlee. Yes, I am lurking here and there checking up on you guys. 

I am doing well. Down 25 pounds for the year. Exercising more often. Blood sugar still a problem. I do better without the goals and challenges, it seems. I have decided that rather than try to be who I want to be (a fabulous sophisticated woman) I will be who I am (a simple quirky country girl). Working on a piece about gun violence that I hope (fear?) will be performed at church. Currently preparing for work this winter when we are down one set of equipment (broken image receptor, replacement could be months, if ever) and one lead tech (back injury, worker's comp case, don't know when, or if, she'll be back to work).  

Have fun Bearlee!

Glad to hear things are going well for you, and that nothing seems to have changed at work. I’m with you about the challenges, but the battle log works fairly well for me to keep some accountability. And glad to hear about the weight loss and exercise, you’re doing better than me. If you ever put your new work up on SoundCloud let me know, I’d like to hear what you’re working on.

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It’s nice to see you excited about things brother?

We went to the planetarium last week. The kids loved it. I was hoping for the laser show to start up.

I was going to say what’s up with the question mark, but I’m so back and forth on things I can see why you did it. I’m excited and nervous and a lot of times lately I don’t know how I should feel. Further updates below.

Good to hear about the planetarium. I would love to take Cub1 but he gets motion sickness when we go to one. I thought it was odd that he got motion sickness when we went to go look at the stars at the nearby observatory and he would get dizzy just looking up. So much for my ultimate travel companion. No worries though because we still have a ton of things in common. And I know what you mean about the laser show. Is it showing my age to say that I’ve actually been to one?

Viking Adventurer

Wednesday morning and workout completed already. Below the Belt for 40 minutes with an average heart rate of 124. Two times in a row that I was able to get my heart rate up and keep it up. Possibly a good sign.

My electronics kit that complements the electronics book I’m reading came Tuesday. I’m a little disappointed by some of the items missing in the kit, fortunately I work in an electronics shop so I just use the tools here. Though we are surprisingly missing a few things namely 9V batteries and 22 gauge wire. The wire I can understand since we’re not technically an electronics shop and actually a communications shop so all of our wires are thicker to accommodate larger voltages. The battery missing is odd, but just poor logistics on our part. Fortunately we have variable power supplies here that will work nicely for me.

And with the kit here I started doing some of the first experiments. Nothing too elaborate but I’m excited that I’m going to be doing my first bread boarding project in over twenty years. (A bread board is an electronics board that has a lot of holes in it that you can push wires and components into and pull out easily to quickly prototype a circuit). My second kit for the later projects also came with an Arduino Uno board (think small cheap computer that hobbiests use for projects such as robots). So I’m excited to see what I’m going to do with that. And for a long with I’ve been dabbling with the idea of doing projects with either this board or a similar one called a Raspberry Pi, but since the decision has been made for me I’ll look for projects that use the Arduino.

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer

First things first, I did my first DDPYoga Diamond Cutter 2.0 workout. 55 minutes of stretching, strengthening, and contorting. Some modifications and 3/4 assed my way through some, but I’m proud that I just actually did it. I wasn’t able to keep my heart rate up like the last two sessions, but I maintained a 107bpm for 55 minutes so I’ll take that.

The bad news. Earlier in the week I finally got around to taking my measurements and I’ve stayed exactly the same over the past month (inches and weight). Is no gain a victory? This has prompted me to not only cut out the liquid calories but to also log my food in my FitBit app. That in the few days I’ve done it has opened my eyes. I’m thinking a little something here and there (usually something 400+ calories, which isn’t little for most people) wouldn’t hurt. It doesn’t exactly blow my day but it’s certainly not helping me at all.

I think the liquid calorie is starting to take. I got a McRib meal from McDonald’s and instead of a un-sweet tea they gave me a sweet tea. Now I did drink some but only about a cup worth and then dumped the rest because it tasted too nasty. Then went to the local gas station and got me an un-sweet tea. Small victories that will hopefully snowball. Of course not having the McRib would probably have been the bigger victory.

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Nice to see the regular updates. 

Thanks, though it would be nice to have regular updates with some progress too. And I’ve thought I better be a little more consistent so I can heckle @Sloth the Enduring about the lack of his regular updates. Though I need to get better at posting on other’s threads. Small steps.

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

My phone has been randomly turning “.” Into “?” I don’t know why and I don’t always catch it.

I love McRibs. Kansas has better McDonalds than Minnesota. We never seem to get those.

Jeez. I thinks it’s been over a week since I’ve posted. I should get on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Start of a new phase in my yoga started this week. Instead of 3 workouts per week I’ll be doing 5 workouts over 4 sessions during the week. Kicked off the new phase by getting my first workout in Fat Burner. Tuesday is Below the Belt and Red Hot Core for a combined total time of 52 minutes. Then Thursday is only a 12 minute Red Hot Core which surprisingly might be tricky because I might debate if it’s worth moving furniture, get the exercise mat out, and change clothes for a 12 minute workout. Then wrap things up Friday with Diamond Cutter which is 55 minutes and was quite difficult for me last week.

Tracking food has been going well also. Most days I’m right on the verge of going over and that is with me watching what I’m eating. It’s scary to think how much I was consuming when I wasn’t paying attention.

Keep forgetting to mention with the proper doing of yoga that my right knee has been hurting me but not in a way you would think. I keep getting up and down so much that my knee has what feels like a rug burn. I’ve been putting Vaseline on it for the past couple of week with minor relief. However today after I had my shower I noticed that I had a tube of Gold Bond excema relief ointment on my counter so decided to try that and it seems to be doing well. Today when I got up and down I noticed a sizeable difference in the discomfort of my knee.

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer