• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kuvira

Vegan Help? I hope you like a challenge.

ipnq0i.jpg

Hello everyone, Kuvira here. I've been mulling over this for about a month now and I've finally made a decision.

I was Vegan for about a year a few years back. I look back on that time fondly. It was great.

Anyway, that had to come to an end because I could no longer afford it while paying for school.

(I'm living with my parents and eating vegan meant I had to purchase my own groceries)

I'm planning on moving out in or around April which means It's time to go back to eating vegan. 

tumblr_mtrstyLxFj1som4u1o1_500.gif

All the yummy interesting food. Yes!

There is just one problem.

4a6ce98c0b97dbe4d853736a094de1c7.jpg

All I can remember eating is toast!

(I'm sure I didn't eat toast all the time)

To be clear I was really good at making dinner. Dinner was easy for me. I made chili and stir-fry and a bunch of really fantastic things.

Breakfast? Lunch? Snacks?

I remember toast.

This is where you guys come in. 

The easy solution would be to google "vegan breakfast" and be done with it.

Just one small issue. 

I can't eat most fruit.

(Please keep in mind I'm using the word "fruit" loosely.)

You don't really realize how heavily being vegan relies on fruit consumption until you try to google recipes.

giphy.gif

Things I can think of off the top of my head that I can't eat

- berries (strawberries, bananas, raspberries ect.)

- Mellons (watermelon, honeydew melon ect.)

- Apples, pineapples

- Oranges, kiwi, grapes

- Avocado (I can eat SMALL amounts)

- plums, mangos, peaches, pears

- and for some reason coconut

I'm sure you get the idea.

People always seem really interested in what happens to me when I eat these things so I'll save someone from asking.

I won't die.

Think of what would happen to a lactose intolerant person if they ate dairy. It's kinda like that.

So here is your challenge. Please help me figure out what to eat so I have an inventory of ideas for when I move out on my own.

I'm going to thank you guys in advance for your answers.

If you have any questions let me know.

Mahou.Shoujo.Madoka%E2%98%86Magica.full.

(I don't like cucumber or eggplant and I can eat tomatoes in like sauce or ketchup but not raw)

• Like 1

Off the top of my head, you can do a lot of things with a good tofu scramble. (Which I aparrently failed to bookmark...)

There's tofu quiches, which I haven't tried making yet.

There's also vegan pancakes. This is the recipe I use: https://runningonrealfood.com/whole-wheat-fluffy-vegan-pancakes/

Homemade granola, which can be used in the morning in a bowl with soy or nut milk. Or it can be used in trail mix for snacking.

Leftovers from dinner is always an option. 

Salads are a good lunch option.

You can also look at any favorite dishes, and turn them into vegan dishes. 

(I'm vegetarian, but I like cooking vegan food.)

Fruit actually isn't nearly as important as veggies.  If fructose upsets you, don't bother, you can eat all sorts of other things.

Porridge.  rice, quinoa, oats, whatever grain you have.  Boil it up with nut milk or water, sprinkle on some condiments, enjoy.

Breakfast cookies.  like granola, but in a bar or wad.

Chia pudding.  yay for omega 3s.  or add more liquid and make a lumpy smoothie.

Potatoes, squash, pumpkin, carrot mash, any other starchy veggie.  chop and bake, fry like hashbrowns, microwave and eat with a spoon, whatever.

Anything you eat for dinner can also be breakfast.

I like Japanese style breakfast which features miso soup and tofu, with rice, veggies, tea, pickles, nom.

Speaking of which, what's that anime with the pictures of sweets?

Here should be a link for vegan food excluding fruit.  You're still gonna find some things you can't have, but there's gonna be a whole lot more that you can.

Foodgawker is the greatest site I've ever discovered, my meal variation has skyrocketed.