• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

Lent is not something that is generally observed in my country... Soooo....

It's not really something practiced in my country either, except in super traditional areas, but I was raised by Catholics so it's something I'm always low-key aware of. And to me, it's inexorably linked to Easter. 

• Like 3

It's not really something practiced in my country either, except in super traditional areas, but I was raised by Catholics so it's something I'm always low-key aware of. And to me, it's inexorably linked to Easter. 
I'm also raised Catholic, technically... (But not really and I'm now agnostic)
But nobody ever mentioned this. I had to actually look up what Lent even was

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I found your thread!  ...I know you mentioned you were thinking about posting in the Scouts guild for this challenge, and I even navigated to your thread here.  Yet, today when I was trying to track it down again I was combing through all the rebel threads in bafflement because I was pretty sure I didn't just dream of finding your thread yesterday.  xD  But I am now here and following!  I will remember where to find you! :D 

Your goals look awesome!  I like the fun breakdown of stats!  I'm always envious of people who can set up their challenges like this.  It seems so fun~.  Cheering you on, Sif~!

tenor.gif?itemid=5543978

On 2/6/2018 at 10:03 AM, Wobbegong said:

This is a huge problem for me every time I undertake a "don't eat" objective. I tried to go vegetarian like four times and every time gave up because I would just think, "ah yes, chicken sounds great, by all means." 

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to remember stuff like this? Tagging a random assortment of people in the hopes of success @Jlailin @scalyfreak @Hypotheticalfox @J3NN @CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty @Tateman

I've never really had an issue with snacking, but for IF I would schedule myself to go on walks in the last hour or so before I was supposed to eat.  ...or if the weather was terrible, I'd wander over to an office mate's cubicle and chat--basically just distract myself until I forgot about being hungry.

• Like 3

I found your thread!  ...I know you mentioned you were thinking about posting in the Scouts guild for this challenge, and I even navigated to your thread here.  Yet, today when I was trying to track it down again I was combing through all the rebel threads in bafflement because I was pretty sure I didn't just dream of finding your thread yesterday.  xD  But I am now here and following!  I will remember where to find you!  

Your goals look awesome!  I like the fun breakdown of stats!  I'm always envious of people who can set up their challenges like this.  It seems so fun~.  Cheering you on, Sif~!

tenor.gif?itemid=5543978

I've never really had an issue with snacking, but for IF I would schedule myself to go on walks in the last hour or so before I was supposed to eat.  ...or if the weather was terrible, I'd wander over to an office mate's cubicle and chat--basically just distract myself until I forgot about being hungry.

Hihi sorry for being confusing XD

Thank you!!
Yeah I went back into the archives to see how it was done again. Then adjusted for my own needs.
Figuring out which stat goes with which goal is tricky though. I tried thinking out of the box a little.
Perhaps other stat types might be needed, but meh, I'll figure that out later XD

Yeah I basically try to ignore the rumbly in my tummy. If only I could ignore snacks staring at me...
Maybe someday.

• Like 3

Yesterday's stats.7e8058f6a44f98a8f24f4292505d8720.jpg

I ate crap for dinner so I felt crap the rest of the evening.

I still don't understand why I keep doing this to myself -sigh-

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Yesterday's stats.7e8058f6a44f98a8f24f4292505d8720.jpg

I ate crap for dinner so I felt crap the rest of the evening.

I still don't understand why I keep doing this to myself -sigh-

When I eat crap, more often than not it's just out of habit. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

When I eat crap, more often than not it's just out of habit. 

Habit, convenience, and comfort are the three major reasons for me. Comfort is the hardest, since it's emotional hunger, so eating to fill it will never make you feel full. And a carrot stick just doesn't offer the same "hug" as a piece of candy. 

• Like 4

Same.

Any chance of removing the crap food from your kitchen?
Hah for me it's the crap food I meet along the way XD the crap food in the kitchen I can leave alone.
Habit, convenience, and comfort are the three major reasons for me. Comfort is the hardest, since it's emotional hunger, so eating to fill it will never make you feel full. And a carrot stick just doesn't offer the same "hug" as a piece of candy. 
Oh emotional hunger for me is a big one!! And yeah especially that last part. For me dough products (including a simple slice of bread) fulfill that "hug" feeling.

I should just be more mindful on the snacking part.
Today a victory happened though! I got fruit instead of all the possible other choices.
I had KFC for lunch (department lunch happens once a month) and it just wasn't filling enough.
So I needed food, but I got fruit instead of my usual go to's. Yay me!

• Like 3

On 2/6/2018 at 8:03 AM, Wobbegong said:

This is a huge problem for me every time I undertake a "don't eat" objective. I tried to go vegetarian like four times and every time gave up because I would just think, "ah yes, chicken sounds great, by all means." 

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to remember stuff like this?

For me I think the thing that keeps me from this is meal planning, shopping from a grocery list and limiting shopping to my list only once a week.

I use an app called Copy Me That. I've loaded all my recipes into it, even ones I make up for snacks and desserts. I plan everything out using their meal planner and then use it to create the grocery list.

I only buy what's on the list, and then I only eat what's on the meal plan. It works for me. But I love the structure because it takes away all the thinking and worrying about what I'm supposed to do. I also cheat and make recipes for the other things I commonly buy, toiletries, medicines, other people in my family each have their own list of things they get regularly and it just makes it easy to add it, remove the stuff they don't need and call it good.

I find that if I've bought it, even if I don't want it, I'm committed because I don't want to waste it. Usually after I make it and eat it, even if I wanted a burger or a big slice of chocolate pie I get over it...mostly. :)

• Like 4

For me I think the thing that keeps me from this is meal planning, shopping from a grocery list and limiting shopping to my list only once a week.
I use an app called Copy Me That. I've loaded all my recipes into it, even ones I make up for snacks and desserts. I plan everything out using their meal planner and then use it to create the grocery list.

I only buy what's on the list, and then I only eat what's on the meal plan. It works for me. But I love the structure because it takes away all the thinking and worrying about what I'm supposed to do. I also cheat and make recipes for the other things I commonly buy, toiletries, medicines, other people in my family each have their own list of things they get regularly and it just makes it easy to add it, remove the stuff they don't need and call it good.

I find that if I've bought it, even if I don't want it, I'm committed because I don't want to waste it. Usually after I make it and eat it, even if I wanted a burger or a big slice of chocolate pie I get over it...mostly.
I should try that app ^^
Things are a bit different for me though. I don't do groceries and I don't cook meals XD
I have my own personal... Uchem... I mean my BF takes care of that :)
Though he did ask me to do groceries today, he would provide the list and I would go get it.

With meal planning pretty much out of the way. (I have a standard breakfast and lunch, though looking to change those up).
It comes down to resisting snacks offered and not walking into food stores I walk past daily.

• Like 4

639579637aac8e656f49809560f2b876.jpg

100% day again!!
My mom was late so me and my BF just started with PT. So that helped.
I had my medication with me!
And snacks were fruit, which is allowed ^^

I also did spinning and even though it went really crappy, I did a good workout and managed 27 mins.

Now I have a challenge though. I stopped eating at 21:30 :o
Can I make it to 11:30 without eating?!

• Like 4

How did I even manage?!
But I didn't eat till 12!! -happy dance-

Also I went home early from work!
That's also quite unique.
It's only an hour, but it's something I have trouble with.
I had 2 hours to compensate. So I did do a little bit of that?!
If we didn't have an incident, I could've left even earlier. As was my original plan.

• Like 6

On 2/5/2018 at 8:39 AM, Siferiax said:

Here's the challenge start stats as I promised myself last challenge:

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 1 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

The stats and challenge look awesome, Sif!! I'm happy to see you branch out of the Rebels and work on your endurance :) 

Wolf

• Like 2

My stomach problems from 2016 are back.
This'll be fun...
I have the cure now so hopefully not 6 weeks sick at home barely able to eat...

I dunno what's got me so worked up though...

• Sad 3

bb0c4feb25ef5c46ec299ac41defdd20.jpg

Feeling slightly unmotivated due to my stomach.
Had a horrible night, in pain and haunted by nightmares.
Sorry that I'm not as active on the forums.
I'm just not feeling well.

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, Siferiax said:

My stomach problems from 2016 are back.
This'll be fun...
I have the cure now so hopefully not 6 weeks sick at home barely able to eat...

I dunno what's got me so worked up though...

Looks like you have some great goals. Hope to hear of your speedy recovery.  Not 6 week's, 3 day's max.  No pressure.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Feeling slightly unmotivated due to my stomach.
Had a horrible night, in pain and haunted by nightmares.
Sorry that I'm not as active on the forums.
I'm just not feeling well.

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon, Sif! 

There are some yoga stretches for stomach pains, menstrual cramps, and general internal organ relief, so you might try a couple if you feel up to it. Be gentle with yourself and get some rest! 

Yoga for digestion

Yoga for menstrual pain

Yoga for stress

Yoga for all sorts of things

• Like 2

Looks like you have some great goals. Hope to hear of your speedy recovery.  Not 6 week's, 3 day's max.  No pressure.   
Challenge accepted!
And completed XD
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon, Sif! 

There are some yoga stretches for stomach pains, menstrual cramps, and general internal organ relief, so you might try a couple if you feel up to it. Be gentle with yourself and get some rest! 

Yoga for digestion
Yoga for menstrual pain
Yoga for stress
Yoga for all sorts of things
I feel better!!
I think a lot of stress has been lifted?!
I needed to make a call and I did today.

Thanks, I'll look at the yoga anyway :)
I did not take it easy today though, and I'm glad I didn't ^^

1126fc973b88c84385b5ff87c70dcdab.jpg

I'm actually feeling super pumped and happy and proud. Did the whole lesson and all of the standing exercises etc.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

I'm actually feeling super pumped and happy and proud. Did the whole lesson and all of the standing exercises etc.

WAY TO GO!!!! 

SIF IS A BEAST!!!!! 

Seriously that's super awesome. And I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! 

• Like 3

On 2/13/2018 at 10:35 AM, Siferiax said:

Challenge accepted!
And completed XDI feel better!!
I think a lot of stress has been lifted?!
I needed to make a call and I did today.

Thanks, I'll look at the yoga anyway :)
I did not take it easy today though, and I'm glad I didn't ^^

1126fc973b88c84385b5ff87c70dcdab.jpg

Nice!

• Like 3