• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:35 PM, Siferiax said:

I did not take it easy today though, and I'm glad I didn't ^^

1126fc973b88c84385b5ff87c70dcdab.jpg

I'm actually feeling super pumped and happy and proud. Did the whole lesson and all of the standing exercises etc.

yayyy for a super spinning workout!!!

bikeloop_victor_sanabria.gif

• Like 2

Yesterday life sucked.
Today I'm dealing with the consequences of that.
Tomorrow I'll probably still be dealing.

I just wanna curl up into a ball and hide from the world for a week. Please? -sigh-

To recap yesterday:
- stuck in a train for three hours before being evacuated and taken to the next station by bus.
- at work a priority 1 incident I had to deal with.
- leaving work at 16:30 with coworker giving me a ride as the trains still didn't go. Home 19:10.

And then there's a lot of tasks I was planning on completing yesterday, but I couldn't cause I was so stressed and done after the whole day. Not to mention the time I was finally home.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Yesterday life sucked.
Today I'm dealing with the consequences of that.
Tomorrow I'll probably still be dealing.

I just wanna curl up into a ball and hide from the world for a week. Please? -sigh-

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to help with that last part...

But you are still a powerful and magnificent beast, and if you need forget about that while you curl up in a ball for even a little while this evening, I can supply plenty of attitude and hold down that spot for you while you relax for a little while. If you need time off to deal with things, take it.Take care of yourself.

• Like 3

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to help with that last part...

But you are still a powerful and magnificent beast, and if you need forget about that while you curl up in a ball for even a little while this evening, I can supply plenty of attitude and hold down that spot for you while you relax for a little while. If you need time off to deal with things, take it.Take care of yourself.

Thank you ;-;

I will forgive myself for everything that happened yesterday. And I'm super grateful for my boyfriend.
He celebrated/congratulated/thanked me for taking out the trash.
I had to do that Wednesday and of course I didn't and it's the only task I did yesterday.
And instead of berating me for all I didn't do, he was proud of what I did do.

I'm happy I did some spinning. Same lesson as Tuesday, except it went awful. Partly because the bike at my parents isn't super great. Partly because mentally I was still a lot of nope.

74e7d959bec076af4a938a467ac52e2f.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Siferiax said:

He celebrated/congratulated/thanked me for taking out the trash.
I had to do that Wednesday and of course I didn't and it's the only task I did yesterday.
And instead of berating me for all I didn't do, he was proud of what I did do.

He sounds like a really understanding guy. It's so important to have people close to us who are supportive and have a mindset for being grateful for what we can accomplish, and not mad about everything we let slide. But maybe he can also help remind you that you are your own worst critic, and other people may not see your perceived failures in quite the same light you do. We all have bad days, and they suck but you're doing great, Sif!

Snacks eaten: Everything

Did... something else happen?

• Like 2

He sounds like a really understanding guy. It's so important to have people close to us who are supportive and have a mindset for being grateful for what we can accomplish, and not mad about everything we let slide. But maybe he can also help remind you that you are your own worst critic, and other people may not see your perceived failures in quite the same light you do. We all have bad days, and they suck but you're doing great, Sif!

Thanks! Yes I know. And I wasn't even really mad at myself. Just a little down hearted that I needed to deal with things more than maybe someone else. I accepted that and worked from home instead of going to work.

Did... something else happen?

No haha. More that everything I ate was a snack really. I didn't have proper meals for breakfast and lunch. Like making a sandwich was too much work or something... And we had some things lying around to eat. Apples, but also cookies and chips.
I'll forgive myself and go back to my challenge goals again.

• Like 3

bbff263a6ed31e36b7313c7690a6e379.jpg

83c26106d0560a196e4ec01e7acab9a0.jpg

Yup, more spinning. It went awesome and it was a lot of fun!

ff87da3edcbc0b830b5140e84f473bf8.jpg

Also walking, because I can't let that goal slide. I don't think I ever worked out 4 times in one week XD

And the Week 1 overall results:

98a550cafef1fbf92b4aaeccd3ae72e6.jpg

I definitely need to work on PT. Also my medication...

• Like 3

Sorry you had some bad days in the middle, but overall it looks like you're doing really well!  Awesome job on all the spinning and yay for working out 4 times in one week!  That's amazing! :D 

13 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I definitely need to work on PT. Also my medication...

Is your medication no longer with the glass of water you drink in the morning before leaving to work?  (I think that was what you mentioned in a past challenge, but I could be imagining things.)  Did that habit change its timing because of IF or some other reason?

• Like 4

Sorry you had some bad days in the middle, but overall it looks like you're doing really well!  Awesome job on all the spinning and yay for working out 4 times in one week!  That's amazing!  

Is your medication no longer with the glass of water you drink in the morning before leaving to work?  (I think that was what you mentioned in a past challenge, but I could be imagining things.)  Did that habit change its timing because of IF or some other reason?
Thank you!!!

No, actually I don't usually have (make) the time for it in the morning. But I take it with dinner.
What I had thought of is placing it on the table in the morning so I would remember it in the evening.
Except I forget on both accounts XD

• Like 2

359dc402a80de1904d2958424dcb31fb.jpg

I solemnly swear to be better at ignoring the Easter eggs right next to me all day... ^^;

Also my evening went a little unplanned due to leaving work over an hour later than normal.
I also had to fold a lot of laundry, but that did happen!
Just means no movie watching
Spend quality time with my BF though and went to bed early.

Right now I'm feeling better and worse at the same time.
Better because for finally I was able to get out of bed without snoozing. I got into the bad habit of snoozing thanks to being really tired a few months back... But I seem to have broken through today!
Worse because of my sore throat. And other cold symptoms.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

No, actually I don't usually have (make) the time for it in the morning. But I take it with dinner.
What I had thought of is placing it on the table in the morning so I would remember it in the evening.
Except I forget on both accounts XD

I use an alarm to remember to take my meds. It used to be completely worthless, because the alarm would go off and either I'd be out and about or I'd be comfortably sitting in bed and not want to get up and deal with it, so I'd tell myself I'd get to it later and then forget. 

I finally achieved success by programming my alarms for times when I can reasonably be assured I will be in the same place every day, and keeping my medication within arm's reach of that place. Alarm goes off, take meds, done and dusted. Every once in a while there is an upset to my schedule and I am not in my usual place at the time my alarm goes off, and on those days I still miss my meds. But I am a lot better now overall. 

Remember, there is no shame in setting yourself up for success or making things easier for you. Game your system! Make it work! Even if it means relying on yourself to be lazy, go ahead. If it works, it works. 

• Like 3

I use an alarm to remember to take my meds. It used to be completely worthless, because the alarm would go off and either I'd be out and about or I'd be comfortably sitting in bed and not want to get up and deal with it, so I'd tell myself I'd get to it later and then forget. 

I finally achieved success by programming my alarms for times when I can reasonably be assured I will be in the same place every day, and keeping my medication within arm's reach of that place. Alarm goes off, take meds, done and dusted. Every once in a while there is an upset to my schedule and I am not in my usual place at the time my alarm goes off, and on those days I still miss my meds. But I am a lot better now overall. 

Remember, there is no shame in setting yourself up for success or making things easier for you. Game your system! Make it work! Even if it means relying on yourself to be lazy, go ahead. If it works, it works. 
Hmmm I come to the conclusion my BF and I need to maintain our household better XD

Anyway I should clean up the junk on the bar. (why is there rope there and two liters of alcohol?! Sigh we keep things in weird places... Let's not mention our dinner table lol. Small home, lots of stuff...)
And then place my meds on the bar so they are in view come dinner time.

I have already too many alarms to think of. For some reason they slowly stop working and I need to think on a better system, but I have NO idea what kind of system.

• Like 2

I have apparently 21 repeating tasks in my task app ^^;

4 are for my cats
- feeding
- litter boxes
- water fountain
- resetting the time for the auto feeders

2 are for moving
- exercise on Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday
- PT

4 are for my period
- emptying cup
- Nuvaring in
- Nuvaring out
- get Nuvaring

5 are for laundry. One for each of the types I do.

2 are for work
- leaving for work
- writing my hours (maybe making this a task on my work laptop would be better)

4 are misc
- taking my meds
- 3 for going to bed (screens off, prep, lights off)

Some of these have alarms, some don't.

• Like 4

Is it possible to sync up some of those with things that you remember regularly already?  I’m thinking particularly about laundry and cat care here. Me, I feed the cats and freshen their water immediately when I get up, so it’s hard to forget. Litter box I do have a reminder for, but I do it every second day so I can also think ‘did I empty the box yesterday? Yes? Then not today.’  I’ve also had good luck synching things with getting home from work or, as you’ve explored, meals or bedtime.

My own laundry is complete silliness but at work I do laundry every Friday. Would it be possible for at least some of your laundering to be done on the same day of the week every week?  You will sometimes go “oh shit, yesterday was laundry day!” but unlike me you’ll be on site to fix your mistake promptly. ;) 

With phone alarms, my program allows me to set it to “nag me” every some minutes or hours and I’ve had good luck with that plus really noticeable alarm while setting new habits, then been able to back off or delete the reminder after a few weeks’ practice. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I have already too many alarms to think of. For some reason they slowly stop working and I need to think on a better system, but I have NO idea what kind of system.

One thing I forgot to mention that helps a lot, I also started using a habit tracker recently and it asks every day if I've taken the med so I have to record yes or no. When it's just an alarm going off, it's easy to turn it off and forget it, but somehow when I'm being asked to confirm one way or the other (and the app doesn't judge if I didn't do it!) that makes it easier to remember. Idk, just a thought. 

Your alarm list is slightly longer than mine but I don't have any pets (except my fish, I guess) and I use my Nuvaring to skip my periods entirely most of the time. How do you like the cup? It always seems like a great idea to me except that if I was ever in a public bathroom situation wouldn't I get blood all over my hand from removing it? And then have to go wash my murder hands and a bloody cup at a communal sink? And then have to go back into the stall to reinsert? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Radost said:

Is it possible to sync up some of those with things that you remember regularly already?  I’m thinking particularly about laundry and cat care here. Me, I feed the cats and freshen their water immediately when I get up, so it’s hard to forget. Litter box I do have a reminder for, but I do it every second day so I can also think ‘did I empty the box yesterday? Yes? Then not today.’  I’ve also had good luck synching things with getting home from work or, as you’ve explored, meals or bedtime.

Yes and no? Lol. It works when it's integrated, but to get there it takes a while.

Cat care and laundry are generally not really a problem. We have a bit of a problem cat, so I can't link it to anything or he'll become obsessed and start harassing the other cat.

The alarm is a reminder of "it's time to feed the cats", but I don't strictly adhere to it. It's more of an around this time I usually feed them, but I keep them guessing.

Also it's only in the evening, in the morning we have auto-feeders. Exactly also because of the obsession and not wanting a cat whining at 5 am XD

We have a water fountain so it only needs cleaning every two weeks. And my BF is generally in charge of the litter box. I just keep the task to help him remember XD

I'm trying to get PT aligned with getting home from work... so far no luck :P 

My own laundry is complete silliness but at work I do laundry every Friday. Would it be possible for at least some of your laundering to be done on the same day of the week every week?  You will sometimes go “oh shit, yesterday was laundry day!” but unlike me you’ll be on site to fix your mistake promptly. ;) 

I always already do my laundry on the weekend. So mostly the tasks are to make sure I don't forget one of the washes I need to do.

With phone alarms, my program allows me to set it to “nag me” every some minutes or hours and I’ve had good luck with that plus really noticeable alarm while setting new habits, then been able to back off or delete the reminder after a few weeks’ practice. 

I might have to try this :) 

3 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

One thing I forgot to mention that helps a lot, I also started using a habit tracker recently and it asks every day if I've taken the med so I have to record yes or no. When it's just an alarm going off, it's easy to turn it off and forget it, but somehow when I'm being asked to confirm one way or the other (and the app doesn't judge if I didn't do it!) that makes it easier to remember. Idk, just a thought. 

Oh! Interesting! What habit tracker do you use?

3 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Your alarm list is slightly longer than mine but I don't have any pets (except my fish, I guess) and I use my Nuvaring to skip my periods entirely most of the time. How do you like the cup? It always seems like a great idea to me except that if I was ever in a public bathroom situation wouldn't I get blood all over my hand from removing it? And then have to go wash my murder hands and a bloody cup at a communal sink? And then have to go back into the stall to reinsert? 

The cup is great! It takes so much worry off my shoulders!

I generally plan my moments to take it out. Normally I do it between 6:30-7:00 in the morning (first thing out of bed) and then again between 18:30-19:00 which I'm generally at home.

Only having to take it out ever 12 hours helps a lot!

LOL those visuals XD

But no, generally only my index finger and thumb get slightly dirty.

And in emergencies (which is what we are talking about here) you can also just empty it and reinsert, then clean it at the next opportunity.

It's so little some toilet paper can wipe it off and after that you just wash your hands when you exit as normal.

I was tired of pads and potential leaking and having everything covered in blood, that I jumped and tried it.

Not ever going back.

I must say that I am wearing a large one, I tried smaller ones, but they did leak. So you may have to try a couple. Some are more flexible as well. Also the stem of the things play a role.

I started with a large one, but was having some issues with my cervix. So I bought a small one, but the stem hurt me. So I bought a different small one, but it leaked and didn't resolve the cervix issue. So yeah... first one was the correct one, but you won't know till you try.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

Oh! Interesting! What habit tracker do you use?

I wanted to use HabitBull but my phone is too old to be compatible so I got Strides instead. It allows me to set habits as yes/no, averages, or project goals, and there's a lot of customization regarding how often I want it to check in (daily, weekly, some days, monthly, time of day, etc). You can also tell it if you're trying to build or break the habit, and it will color-code its encouragement accordingly. So if I don't drink any soda (bad habit), it goes green, but if I don't take my iron, that is a good habit, so that gets red. You can also tell it if you're aiming for a streak, and how long a streak you want, and it will congratulate you as you hit milestones. 

It's easy to see at a glance why my habits for the day are and I can tap on the habit to see my history in a bunch of formats. I rarely look at that, but it's nice that it's there! 

12 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

The cup is great! It takes so much worry off my shoulders!

I generally plan my moments to take it out. Normally I do it between 6:30-7:00 in the morning (first thing out of bed) and then again between 18:30-19:00 which I'm generally at home.

Only having to take it out ever 12 hours helps a lot!

LOL those visuals XD

But no, generally only my index finger and thumb get slightly dirty.

And in emergencies (which is what we are talking about here) you can also just empty it and reinsert, then clean it at the next opportunity.

It's so little some toilet paper can wipe it off and after that you just wash your hands when you exit as normal.

That makes SO MUCH more sense. You have set my mind at ease. Thank you for the explanation! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I wanted to use HabitBull but my phone is too old to be compatible so I got Strides instead. It allows me to set habits as yes/no, averages, or project goals, and there's a lot of customization regarding how often I want it to check in (daily, weekly, some days, monthly, time of day, etc)

Link, please? I tried to look for Strides in Google Play, and all that came up some kind of social media outreach lameness.

• Like 1

Using HabitHub on Android now. Let's see how it goes. I like it so far ^^

Yesterday I did a pretty tough endurance spinning workout. And I nailed it! I managed to join in start to finish. It was super intense!

Here's my polar results and also yesterday's overall results.

68c1ecf89d1a3bf4d0c9d00c8f81480c.jpg
f57b324455d51bf503ce30fc105a6a1e.jpg

29de9b7678613039d248197070edf937.jpg

Boom!

Now we shall prepare for periods and colds.
Because periods never come alone -_-

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

That is even more lame.

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be so disappointing! 

HabitBull, the one I wanted, should be available on all platforms. Just not on super old phones like my little 5c. *side-eye* It has everything Strides has and more! :) 

http://www.habitbull.com

4 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be so disappointing! 

HabitBull, the one I wanted, should be available on all platforms. Just not on super old phones like my little 5c. *side-eye* It has everything Strides has and more! :) 

http://www.habitbull.com

Oh, that one looks very promising. Thanks! :)

• Like 1