Jump to content

RedStone Rumbles


RedStone

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Yes, graphs in Excel are totes a thing - lmk if you need a backup excel helper, I feel like I owe you at least one favor for being a training sounding board all the time.

 

LOL poor MW... it's for my MOON POWER tracker... soooooo I hope you're not squeamish ;)

 

56 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Anyone else totally distracted by the giant hair hanging off of her (awesome) butt? 

 

19 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

I totally didn't notice that, but now I can't un-see it. XD

 

LMAO 100% THIS^^^ Also HIIIIII @zeroh13 <3

 

_____

 

Sooooo very long day, but a decent amount of play time mixed in! I got on the inbody, and then did a whole bunch of BMR calculators to find a mean. Including the inbody, I got a range from 1200-1400, which is north of/roughly where I cut at. BAD REDSTONE! But we already knew this. I did get paid to eat pizza, which is nice as always, but I ended up blowing through my carbs after dinner. I think tracking and being accountable here is going to be necessary for this challenge -_- 

 

Today was chest day with some boxing intervals, and a bunch of core experimentation with the weird tank thing. (It's been a journey exploring and trying to enjoy this thing. I mean.. it's not a sled. Why isn't it a sled? Well. It's not cupcake, get over it :P ) #doyourdamnabs @MikeWazowski

 

 We're expecting some bad weather tomorrow and I'm half expecting to wake up to an ice storm... but it's much more likely that I'll get up to do morning sessions and then drive home as the ice storm starts -_- why people. Why.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
10 hours ago, RedStone said:

 

LOL poor MW... it's for my MOON POWER tracker... soooooo I hope you're not squeamish ;)

 

 

 

ok, well you can probably ignore the other tag I tagged you in Grumble's thread for the macro thing CM made, lol. But now I want to chart my cals/weight in graphs together in google sheets, so after I figure that out we can then use that to make your thing. I.e. if i can graph two things on one graph, why not more?

  • Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Link to comment
15 hours ago, RedStone said:

got on the inbody, and then did a whole bunch of BMR calculators to find a mean. Including the inbody, I got a range from 1200-1400, which is north of/roughly where I cut at. BAD REDSTONE! But we already knew this.

BUT DO WE KNOW IT KNOW IT NOW?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to comment
15 hours ago, RedStone said:

LOL poor MW... it's for my MOON POWER tracker... soooooo I hope you're not squeamish ;)

Umm. I'm a dancer. AKA over half my friends from the past decade are female. I already know a bit more than any dude needs to about moon power haha.

 

15 hours ago, RedStone said:

 

Work gym has one of these!! I shall begin experimenting during my next training block!

 

15 hours ago, RedStone said:

We're expecting some bad weather tomorrow and I'm half expecting to wake up to an ice storm... but it's much more likely that I'll get up to do morning sessions and then drive home as the ice storm starts -_- why people. Why.

Stay safe! We had a bunch of frozen ish in the parking garage at work this morning - no fun.

 

14 minutes ago, raptron said:

BUT DO WE KNOW IT KNOW IT NOW?

You're the best at reminding people to be smart with cuts. Go you, tron!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

 Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, raptron said:

BUT DO WE KNOW IT KNOW IT NOW?

 

3 minutes ago, Grumble said:

 

HAHAHA yes. This is always my pitfall, and something to bring up with the new therapist (if she ever calls me back!!! I may need to reach out to follow up... last we spoke I sent her my insurance card and info for a quote, don't even know if she got the email!) TLDR: I keep falling back on my mental side and am ready for help again.

 

Anyhoos... MFP is currently set to 1800, mostly because I like to come in under. It's a little head game I play with myself, but I'm wanting to target to 1600, so maybe it's better to just set it to 1600 and try to hit it? Yesterday I tried to hit it and ended up at 1400. I appreciate any ideas about habit change. It's easier to help others than apply the tough ones to myself ^_^ 

 

32 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

Work gym has one of these!! I shall begin experimenting during my next training block!

 

I had someone do just the pikes with the feet hooked in. Beware... I'm feeling it today!!

_____

 

BOOM. Keyboard thing ordered, and my soon to be arriving TTGL space drill sticker from last challenge is perfect for it! :D

 

Dt7fQapm.png

 

I forgot my 3 forms last night T_T but as expected, the bad weather has brought me home early and I plan on doing a solid 30 min sesh instead of just 3. (Would be good to do some other restorative practice if I can also, I am SO SORE from the yesterday's core stuff! And I could use the healing points in the fitness RPG.)

 

I was hoping to do the b-day present thing today but nothing is going to be open, so I may look to see if I have quality materials to cobble some nice jewelry... but I dunno, she has a lot of my hand made stuff already and I have plenty to do as is, so I'm more inclined to hit up the super hero gallery on Friday. (They have great gifts... I think it's a solid bet I'd find something nice there!) I did put a reminder on my phone to touch base with my Sifu today to discuss this weekend. I do not know if there will be a training session etc. what part of the city I should stay in and what not. TCB.

 

So today should be perfect for straightening up the workout room. It's not a big job, just requires turning up the heat before I go down. And not being a lazy bum... and taking a break during my rainy day MIB marathon...

 

I think I may also need to invest in (or uncover) a really bright LED bulb for that room too... might be part of the problem down there. I'll do a sort of before and after somehow. I'm tempted to recruit Mr Red and see if he wants to get involved and maybe rekindle his practice which dwindled over the holidays. It's very easy to put off training in the basement here during winter cause it's so damn cold, so I'd like to expose the heating elements on that side of the room that are currently blocked with life-sized paintings of couches. Don't ask -_- 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Hey girl, hey.

 

Have I told you that I am sooo glad I got to hang with you for a day?!  And be there for your first D20, and eat awesome rolled ice cream and scoff at clueless Legoland people and and, well I think about it from time to time.  It was a good day!

 

32 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Anyhoos... MFP is currently set to 1800, mostly because I like to come in under. It's a little head game I play with myself, but I'm wanting to target to 1600, so maybe it's better to just set it to 1600 and try to hit it? Yesterday I tried to hit it and ended up at 1400. I appreciate any ideas about habit change. It's easier to help others than apply the tough ones to myself ^_^ 

 

On this, ... ^ stuff.    Ugh.   It drives me batty.   I struggle so hard with too much, too little?   Oh wtf am I supposed to be doing?     Question on it, when you put these numbers out there for your MFP goals - is that straight up calories eaten, or that net calorie they do with exercise subtracted out?         I'm gonna read that book that Tank got everyone on about (Intuitive Eating) and see what I can learn from there, so this week so far, I've just been trying to eat when I'm hungry, till I'm satisfied, and I feel like I am going to be "LOW" on calories too.    Aaaaghh!  I will be at your side as your figure stuff out.  Then steal all the lerninz you managed.  :D

 

  • Like 3

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Anyhoos... MFP is currently set to 1800, mostly because I like to come in under. It's a little head game I play with myself, but I'm wanting to target to 1600, so maybe it's better to just set it to 1600 and try to hit it? Yesterday I tried to hit it and ended up at 1400. I appreciate any ideas about habit change. It's easier to help others than apply the tough ones to myself ^_^ 

That's why I'm not using MFP at the moment and switched to an app, that reminded me to drink enough, eat enough vegetables and stuff. But it's in German and not that good, so I'm not going to recommend it. It's really hard to find the right amount of kcal. When I restrain myself in sweets I usually have a little deficit. At least when we're not watching the superbowl. That was a horrible day food wise.

  • Like 3

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

 I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Link to comment
58 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Hey girl, hey.

 

Have I told you that I am sooo glad I got to hang with you for a day?!  And be there for your first D20, and eat awesome rolled ice cream and scoff at clueless Legoland people and and, well I think about it from time to time.  It was a good day!

 

I'm inching closer and closer to my first ACTUAL table top! We need a few more people, but I've been listening to the Adventure Zone and starting to understand the maths part lol I WILL ONE DAY GET THERE!!!! (You know how I feels about you boo... I actually just came across my Kumas tee going through my drawers the other day. I have to take it in a touch, I should have gotten the small! Side goal is to take it in - seriously, like a 5 min job - and take a pic for you this challenge. So it is written.)

 

Quote

 

On this, ... ^ stuff.    Ugh.   It drives me batty.   I struggle so hard with too much, too little?   Oh wtf am I supposed to be doing?     Question on it, when you put these numbers out there for your MFP goals - is that straight up calories eaten, or that net calorie they do with exercise subtracted out?         I'm gonna read that book that Tank got everyone on about (Intuitive Eating) and see what I can learn from there, so this week so far, I've just been trying to eat when I'm hungry, till I'm satisfied, and I feel like I am going to be "LOW" on calories too.    Aaaaghh!  I will be at your side as your figure stuff out.  Then steal all the lerninz you managed.  :D

 

 

Well... I don't plug in my exercise if that's what you mean? I need to find that happy place of - it's okay to eat this much - without it being - it's okay to eat anything you damn well please. I tend to have 2 sides, eat everything nomnomnom, or eat nothing. SO I'm not sure... tracking has helped regulate me in the past, and I would say was part of my most successful times in fitness. So much of it is head stuff... def want to hear how the intuitive eating works for everyone... my intuition is a perpetuator of negativity... but hopefully not forever.

 

46 minutes ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

That's why I'm not using MFP at the moment and switched to an app, that reminded me to drink enough, eat enough vegetables and stuff. But it's in German and not that good, so I'm not going to recommend it. It's really hard to find the right amount of kcal. When I restrain myself in sweets I usually have a little deficit. At least when we're not watching the superbowl. That was a horrible day food wise.

 

LOL oh football food! Yeah... it's kinda weird, I assume I need less and less cause small, but I need more cause activity... but not so much that I... it's just ongoing. There is a nutritionist friend at work. I've considered seeing her.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
5 hours ago, RedStone said:

 

 I need to find that happy place of - it's okay to eat this much - without it being - it's okay to eat anything you damn well please. I tend to have 2 sides, eat everything nomnomnom, or eat nothing. SO I'm not sure... tracking has helped regulate me in the past, and I would say was part of my most successful times in fitness. So much of it is head stuff... def want to hear how the intuitive eating works for everyone... my intuition is a perpetuator of negativity... but hopefully not forever.

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

Link to comment

Did the forms! Did some cleaning!! And... the forms were really really extra good. In a sweet spot. 3 is okay, but my shoulders really started to open up after about 10-15 mins. 20 - 30 mins started to bother me. I'm going to change this weeks needs to doing another 15 minute round on Friday. Tomorrow is another long day and I plan on doing back midday, so I'll need the recovery and mobility on Friday anyways, especially before sitting for a long road trip. 

 

The workout room looks great, I laid out the canvas but didn't hang it yet because I'm not sure how I want it oriented. I wish it was wider. I want to, like... paper the whole wall. Maybe I should just do that? (I wonder if I have that much paper...) 

 

So it's wine o'clock and I'm using a proper wine glass to keep tabs on speed and quantity, and plugged everything into MFP ahead of time. I'll need a sensible capper, maybe rice cakes with PB&J? Love me some PB&J... I dunno. Honestly I'm full. I had dinner, I had three squares actually, and snacks. And wine. And I'm still coming up in the 1200 range -_- Good news is I hit my protein easy, no supps, so that's something I guess :P 

 

Also can we talk about Spiderman? He's the best of all the men. I just wanted to say that. Cause I'm watching Spiderman. That is all.

 

giphy.gif

 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
10 hours ago, RedStone said:

 I'll need a sensible capper, maybe rice cakes with PB&J? Love me some PB&J...

 

 

Personal favorite, you clearly have excellent taste.

 

10 hours ago, RedStone said:

 

Also can we talk about Spiderman? He's the best of all the men. I just wanted to say that. Cause I'm watching Spiderman. That is all.

 

 

I started to react very negatively to this statement at first, then I realized you were probably talking about one I haven't seen yet - almost certainly one more recent than Tobey Maguire :) 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin


2022 Challenges: Push, Core, Simple

                                                                                                                                

 

 

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Gemma said:

I started to react very negatively to this statement at first, then I realized you were probably talking about one I haven't seen yet - almost certainly one more recent than Tobey Maguire :) 

 

I haven't seen an iteration I haven't approved of yet! Last night was The Amazing Spiderman with Andrew Garfield because somehow Mr Red hadn't seen that one yet... even tho I have a copy and have watched it a billion times. I haven't seen Homecoming yet, but am hopeful. Spidey's my boy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Gemma said:

I started to react very negatively to this statement at first, then I realized you were probably talking about one I haven't seen yet - almost certainly one more recent than Tobey Maguire :) 

 

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

 

I haven't seen an iteration I haven't approved of yet! Last night was The Amazing Spiderman with Andrew Garfield because somehow Mr Red hadn't seen that one yet... even tho I have a copy and have watched it a billion times. I haven't seen Homecoming yet, but am hopeful. Spidey's my boy!

 

First off, Tom Holland is hands down the best spiderman to date. 

 

Second off, one you haven't approved of? Did you not see the third Tobey Spiderman? 

Spiderman Dance GIF - Spiderman Dance Sexy GIFs
 
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Grumble said:

 

 

First off, Tom Holland is hands down the best spiderman to date. 

 

Second off, one you haven't approved of? Did you not see the third Tobey Spiderman? 

Spiderman Dance GIF - Spiderman Dance Sexy GIFs
 

 

I did not. Perhaps I should. That actually looks hilarious. I watch films but rarely and I am pathetically far behind on the Marvel universe. I’ve missed so much! 

 

And for the record, I have nothing against Mr. Maguire - his (at least first two) versions were just too ... cute and soft, maybe (?), for my personal Spidey headcanon. 

  • Like 1

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin


2022 Challenges: Push, Core, Simple

                                                                                                                                

 

 

Link to comment

It's really (unintentionally) funny.

  • Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to comment
2 hours ago, RedStone said:

I haven't seen Homecoming yet, but am hopeful. Spidey's my boy!

 

I am a super huge Iron Man fangirl, and can I just say Homecoming is one of my absolute favorite Marvel movies.   Really loved it.  Loooved. It.

 

  • Like 3

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

 

 

Link to comment
14 hours ago, RedStone said:

The workout room looks great, I laid out the canvas but didn't hang it yet because I'm not sure how I want it oriented. I wish it was wider. I want to, like... paper the whole wall. Maybe I should just do that? (I wonder if I have that much paper...)

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not that keen on abstract art, but I often tought it looked like a lot of fun to do.

*hug* You're right. It's nice to be back. Thanks. ;)

  • Like 2

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

 I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Grumble said:

 

 

First off, Tom Holland is hands down the best spiderman to date. 

 

I'm stoked.

 

Quote

Second off, one you haven't approved of? Did you not see the third Tobey Spiderman?

 

I said iteration! Not individual film. Here's my thing about spiderman... I think what it is, is that I love the overall outline so much, that I'm just thrilled every time there's a new interpretation of it... it's kind of the net opposite of how I feel about every other remake, despite it being exactly the same problem, but I JUST LOVE SPIDERMAN SO MUCH I LOVE ALL THE SPIDERMEN. They're gonna have to really fuck it up for me to dislike one... 

 

(If anything.. I kinda feel like it's best to leave each versions after 2 flicks, or even 1, and move on. Damn I love Spidey.)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, RedStone said:

 

I'm stoked.

 

 

I said iteration! Not individual film. Here's my thing about spiderman... I think what it is, is that I love the overall outline so much, that I'm just thrilled every time there's a new interpretation of it... it's kind of the net opposite of how I feel about every other remake, despite it being exactly the same problem, but I JUST LOVE SPIDERMAN SO MUCH I LOVE ALL THE SPIDERMEN. They're gonna have to really fuck it up for me to dislike one... 

 

(If anything.. I kinda feel like it's best to leave each versions after 2 flicks, or even 1, and move on. Damn I love Spidey.)

 

Spiderman is my childhood favorite superhero. Of. All. Time.

  • Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Grumble said:

 

Spiderman is my childhood favorite superhero. Of. All. Time.

 

GOOD CHOICE ME TOOOOOOOOO

 

giphy.gif

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines