LadyShello Does Not Eat Her Feelings

Shello

Week 0 Day 5

Friday was a good day.  Other than my step goal, I hit all others.  I just barely avoided a lecture from MFP on calories for the day but I ate when I was hungry and that's it.  I did not make it to the gym but I did a Shovelglove workout in the garage.  It was cold.  I just had to work harder to stay warm.  I got in 3 sets.  I don't actually remember if I got all 3 bujo tasks in but I don't recall being lazy so I'm just going to assume I did.  I hadn't actually gone over on groceries; we were still under budget... which did not last the weekend.  For some relationship rangering I watched a movie with LS - we watched Happy Death Day.  It was ridiculous. 

--------------------------------

Week 0 Day 6

Saturday was my belated celebration of National Pizza Day.  I tried fasting so I'd have room for the pizza calories but that wasn't successful.  I just ate sensibly when I was hungry.  I had an english muffin with peanut butter and a banana in the morning.  That might have been enough to hold me over until pizza if I had slept in later.  As it was I found I also needed lunch so I had a leftover prepared lunch of eggs, hasbrowns, and turkey sausage and sometime in the afternoon I had some Cheez its. I tried to at least stay active to make sure I was in a deficit for the day.  I shoveled the driveway in the morning.  I had planned to also go to the gym but my FitBit counted shoveling as sport and according to my heart rate it counted as a cardio workout so I took it.  I also got a yoga session done in the evening before eating pizza.  I tried Adrienne's yoga for core and booty.  Once I was done with all my errands and I knew I could stay in for the rest of the evening I finally got to sit down and enjoy that pizza.  And of course I ate the entire thing.  Calories were just under 2500 but that is still a deficit according to MFP.   It was a well spent variance. 

I also tackled my floordrobe and cleaned up my closet.  I ran out of room in my dresser so it looks like it's time to purge again.  I didn't quite get that far.  I got a bit of reading done and binge watched Mindhunter on netflix.  I am on the last season of Breaking Bad but I don't want to keep watching because I'll be sad when I have no more episodes to watch. 

---------------------------------

Week 0 Day 7

Sunday was a bit of a tense day.  My eating was clean but I didn't eat my feelings so that's a win.  I started the day with another english muffin with peanut butter and a banana.  After sledding with Qbert we enjoyed some toast dipped in hot cocoa.  I hadn't had it in such a long time and it was so good, I had a second piece of toast.  I also had a large vat of hot cocoa on the side.  ;)  I didn't eat anything else until dinner.  I made roasted chicken thighs with a red wine demi-glaze over polenta. I had never made polenta and I overcooked it.  My demi-glaze was more like broth.  But it tasted spectacular.  I decided I better log my food because I was craving some ice cream.  I allowed myself a small dish and finished the day under target.   

I had planned to hit the gym but Qbert really wanted to go sledding.  It's something I took for granted growing up in Minnesota.  There were plenty of weekends with snow and warm weather (relatively warm in the 20's).  Here the snow doesn't always last long enough and it's either too icy, too stormy, too melty, or just not enough snow.  I didn't want to disappoint him so I made that my cardio workout.  We spent half an hour on the slopes.  it was basically hill work.  

I still had plenty of time for some self care and some tasks.  I got got some work done around the house and on the books for the scout troop.  Then I spent some time reading, which turned into napping although I never actually fell asleep. 

We finished the weekend a bit over budget though. I had to get a few pet items and LS bought some food for an evening at his friend's place.  Both were included in the grocerty budget.  There is still time to conserve and make that up so I haven't allocated any additional funds to it yet.   

Workouts:  - * OOOO

Steps:         **OOOO

Food:          O*OOOVO

Sleep:         OOOOOOO

Bujo tasks O* *OOOO

• Like 9

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Week 0 Recap

Week 0 was spent focusing on not eating my feelings and then dealing with a migraine.  My focus on goals was a bit low key and were a bit on the back burner.  I did manage to get in 5 workouts; mostly lower intensity workouts.  I still struggle to get steps in.   I did some snacking but stayed within my food goals every day except for a planned variance as my civic duty to celebrate National Pizza Day.  Sleeping off my migraine improved my sleep times so I had little trouble meeting that goal this week.  I lost just over 2 pounds.  Coincidentally, I gained just over 2 pounds over my birthday weekend last weekend so I am just a tidge above where I finished last challenge.  I had hoped for more but I think I did pretty well considering the week.  

Week 1 Projection

For Week 1 I am hoping to be able to put a bit more focus on my goals.  I'll return to my previous cardio intensity and stick to my food goals.  I don't have any planned variances, yet, but Peach wants to spend the day together Saturday.  That will probably include a variance.  I will get my 2 bonus workouts in but I'm not that concerned if they are a strength workout.  I just want to do something and I'll play it by ear depending on what is going on each day.  I'm working on other ways to deal with my feelings thanks to all of your suggestions. I've expanded my network of support and have a couple go to activities to help.  This will be a continued focus.   Thanks for being you.  

Workouts:  - * OOOO

Steps:         **OOOO

Food:          O*OOOVO

Bujo tasks O* *OOOO

• Like 8

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Well done on week zero. I'm proud of you.

Also, Shello doesn't eat her feelings.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Good job on Zero week!  I'm sure your week one will be even better!

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Woot Shovelglove!

Shoveling snow totally counts as cardio.

Woot Yoga butt!

Minnesota is different than when we were kids. It’s either way too cold or way too hot for sledding. We never seem to have a day in the 20’s anymore. I only take the kids sledding a couple of times a year.

It sounds like a great zero week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

12 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Sunday was a bit of a tense day.  My eating was clean but I didn't eat my feelings so that's a win.

M1nEp7h.gif

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Also, Shello doesn't eat her feelings.

Thanks.  I definitely needed to hear this today.  

15 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Good job on Zero week!  I'm sure your week one will be even better!

Yes!

15 hours ago, Leimanu said:

Looks like you had a great first week!

Hi there.  I did.  

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Woot Shovelglove!

Shoveling snow totally counts as cardio.

Woot Yoga butt!

Minnesota is different than when we were kids. It’s either way too cold or way too hot for sledding. We never seem to have a day in the 20’s anymore. I only take the kids sledding a couple of times a year.

It sounds like a great zero week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a shame there aren't as many optimal sledding days.  

11 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

M1nEp7h.gif

Image result for raise a glass gif

• Like 1

Spoiler

Week 1 Day 1

It was a very uneventful start to Week 1.  I worked, went to class, stayed late to help some students, ate dinner quickly and went to the committee meeting at scouts.  That didn't leave a lot of time for steps.  I managed close to 6,000.  I got hungry during the scout meeting and naturally I didn't trust my hunger signals.  I had eaten compliant all day so I should have.  I logged my food just to be sure and was just under 1,000. No wonder I was hungry.  When I got home around 9pm I made myself a toasted bacon sandwich to finish off the day and then had some salted dark chocolate to finish off the day properly.  I was still under target.  I was quite tired Sunday night so by Monday morning I had managed plenty of sleep.  I am taking a passterisk on bujo tasks since it was such a busy day.  I deserve the down time at the end of the day. 

Workouts:   - OOOOOO

Steps:         OOOOOOO

Food:          OOOOOOO

Bujo tasks  *OOOOOO

• Like 4

Spoiler

Sounds like a reasonably successful day.  Good job!

• Like 1

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

1 hour ago, LadyShello said:

I made myself a toasted bacon sandwich to finish off the day and then had some salted dark chocolate to finish off the day properly.

all of this sounds excellently delicious 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Sounds like a reasonably successful day.  Good job!

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, deftona said:

all of this sounds excellently delicious 

Oh, it was. 

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, ValkyrieRising said:

Totally late to the party of the thread but totally lurking here to see how things go because eating my feelings has pretty much been the last few years. Want to see how other people handle it cause Im pretty sure Im trying to grab a greasy rope with wet gloves concerning eating and feelings.

Welcome.  It's great to have you.   That's a pretty good description of trying not to eat your feelings. 

Spoiler

Week 1 Day 2

Sometimes LadyShello eats her feelings but when she does she does not feel guilt and just moves on with her day.  Yesterday seemed like a really long day.  I had a counseling session that was highly emotional and it was scheduled over my lunch break at work.  Once I got back to work I grabbed a Big kitKat bar from the snack cart to eat my feelings a little.  It felt good.  I had to rush into my weekly meeting with my boss and my emotions spilled out there too.  It was actually nice to have a chance to talk with her about what has been going on. She was supportive and my meeting turned into a crying session (for both of us) and went over an extra hour.  That ended close to quitting time so instead of staying late I just finished the day up.  I was no longer productive anyway.  I hit the gym and got some aggression out on the elliptical.  The time went by faster than normal.  Since it was Pancake Day I decided it was my duty to make pancakes for dinner.  I made them as god intended, with real maple syrup. ;)  The day ended under target so all's well. 

The evening was a bit intense as well.  I did some venting by listening to some music and anger singing along.  No bujo tasks were complete but I was spent by the end of the day. 

Workouts:   - OOOOOO

Steps:         OOOOOOO

Food:          OOOOOOO

Bujo tasks  *OOOOOO

• Like 7

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

I hit the gym and got some aggression out on the elliptical.  The time went by faster than normal.  Since it was Pancake Day I decided it was my duty to make pancakes for dinner.  I made them as god intended, with real maple syrup. ;)

Because we've called a cease fire in the international pancake war I'm just going to smile politely 

baby-smile.png

• Like 3

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

6 minutes ago, ValkyrieRising said:

First....theres an international pancake war? Second...What is the war? Real maple syrup versus fake stuff?

Indeed there is..  The British contingent prefers theirs with lemon juice and sugar.. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

Indeed there is..  The British contingent prefers theirs with lemon juice and sugar.. 

This is very much simplified because our pancakes are very different though. I like my American pancakes with things I wouldn't dream of putting on my real pancakes. 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

12 minutes ago, deftona said:

American pancakes with things

Nutella.png

KBO. - Churchill

28 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

The British contingent prefers theirs with lemon juice and sugar.. 

This Canadian says: lemon and sugar for crepes, fake table syrup for flapjacks.

4 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

Now don't start that again!

• Haha 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

17 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Nutella.png

That reminds me,  I completely forgot to grab some.  I was going to have that on at least one of my pancakes.  :( 

15 minutes ago, deftona said:

Gosh no, I'd put that on both.

Nutella, the pancake equalizer. 

5 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

My canadian family taught me to use butter and brown sugar.  But maybe there were heathens and I didn't even know it.  :o 

ETA: Also why chose fake table syrup when you can get the real thing?!

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

ETA: Also why chose fake table syrup when you can get the real thing?!

It’s what I grew up on, real maple syrup tastes weird to me! #Canadianblasphemy

• Like 3