Honestly just curious  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Choose.

• Otters
    • Sea Turtles
    • Penguins
    • Whale Sharks

4 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Ribbon eel yay! Those things are so freakin beautiful. Shame they're too delicate to be kept in captivity reliably, I hope they survive the changing oceans. 

I'll check out your challenge! I'm branching out this challenge and visiting people in other guilds like a grown up, so I'll stop by. 

I'm sort of settling on the Zephyr Line tour since it's fairly convenient and stops in a bunch of cool places but the line ends in Chicago and I was kind of hoping to get all the way to Boston and a few other New England cities. It turns out Chicago to Boston is particularly unpopular route, though, there's no easy way to make that trip. I might do Chicago to NYC or DC and then hit up Boston from there, I guess. But the whole AMTRAK planning is turning out to be a lot less convenient than I had hoped, because there are way too many options and prices change all the time depending on tons of factors so it's not very easy to get estimates in advance. I'm gearing up to call them about it and see if a live human can sort me out. 

I know! They're absolutely gorgeous, I'm definitely hoping a lot of the wild, beautiful things in this world manage to survive our current world conditions. 

I've been dying to schedule an AMTRAK vacation, but haven't quite gotten to doing it yet. It definitely looks expensive to get a lot of the things I'd want to do in a trip. Part of me just wants to do the long round-trip, but I really want to be able to look at the various places too

• Like 3

8 hours ago, zeroh13 said:
12 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I thought the same, but it looks I am late to the party. How do you use a flax egg to make granola? Can you share the recipe?

For the granola, I don't mix it with water. I don't have a recipe, but It's part of the dry mix: oats, flax, wheat germ, sometimes seeds, sometimes dried coconut. And there might be other things depending on what flavor I'm trying to make. The wet mix is oil (normally melted butter substitute), spices, and maple syrup or molasses. Then you toss the dry mix with the wet mix, making sure everything is nicely coated. Flatten it out on a pan, and pop it in the oven at a low temperature. Check on it and mix it every 10 to 15 minutes until done. Though it can be hard to tell when it's done cause it will still be a little chewy until it cools all the way. There's a lot of different recipes online. I tried a few,  and then just put together what I thought worked to make a template of sorts.

...So I know egg white can be added to granola if you're the sort that wants more clumps of granola.  I'm curious if flax with water mixed in with granola would cause it to behave in the same way.  Hmm, an experiment to ponder!

1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

Mostly it just comes down to being aware of what's happening and making connections. With the flax and my nails, I've had very thin nails that chip and tear all my life, and my nail beds are always a mess of dry, flakey skin. Within a week or two of starting to eat ground flax regularly, they were smooth and strong, and no more chips or tears. At the time I hadn't changed anything else in my diet or general routine, so I figured it had to be the flax. (It also makes my skin nicer.) To confirm, I stopped taking flax and after about a month my nails were back to the way they had been before. 

Flax really is great for your nails/skin/hair!  I actually make a flax hair mask that I use as a gel when I want to curl my hair.  It makes my hair so soft and shiny, and it has a surprisingly nice and move-able hold.  ...I personally can't consume the flax if I need to be in another person's presence within 24 hours or so because it gives me ridiculous gas. :rolleyes:  

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I've decided to add another food challenge, which is "do not buy food that you know is crap." Because if it is around, I will eat it. If someone brings me crap food I'll give myself a pass for that, since my goal is not to "never let crappy food pass my lips again." (I like it, and never is a long time.) 

I really like this idea.  Definitely stealing this to put on a later challenge!

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

As far as nightmares, I'm lucky in that I almost never get them. I've always thought it was kind of odd, because my mom has nightmares almost every night, so I'd think I'd have at least a few more than... one every 2-5 years or so? Maybe? But I tend to have a pretty agitated sleep if I take a nap in the afternoon and get too hot, and recently I was kind of at a point where I realized I needed to be tracking my water intake, because when I hang out at home I don't drink enough. I had a bad nightmare around that time and realized on reflection that I'd only had about 30oz of water the previous day! So I did some "tests" and sure enough, when I drink ridiculously low amounts of water I have bad dreams. This also explains my mother, who is an alcoholic and goes to bed drunk nightly. She gets most of her fluids from coffee and wine. 

This is really interesting!  I wonder if this happens for most people and we just aren't aware of it.  I could see it being an effect in the same way headaches will manifest when your brain gets dehydrated.  I wonder if the nightmare is another manifestation of brain dehydration...  

47 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm sort of settling on the Zephyr Line tour since it's fairly convenient and stops in a bunch of cool places but the line ends in Chicago and I was kind of hoping to get all the way to Boston and a few other New England cities. It turns out Chicago to Boston is particularly unpopular route, though, there's no easy way to make that trip. I might do Chicago to NYC or DC and then hit up Boston from there, I guess. But the whole AMTRAK planning is turning out to be a lot less convenient than I had hoped, because there are way too many options and prices change all the time depending on tons of factors so it's not very easy to get estimates in advance. I'm gearing up to call them about it and see if a live human can sort me out

COME TO CHICAGO, WOBBE! :D  We have deep dish pizza, and I know your fondness for cheese + carbohydrates!  And I'd be totally willing to run around and be a tourist with you if you want company to see the sites! :D 

• Like 4

Been awhile since I have been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. My Mom always loved the otters, so of course I had to vote that. :) I even painted a picture of one when I was in art class in high school.

Following along again :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NightWatcher13 said:

I know! They're absolutely gorgeous, I'm definitely hoping a lot of the wild, beautiful things in this world manage to survive our current world conditions. 

Yeah. NGL, it's something I stay up worrying about sometimes. There's not much I can do on an individual scale, but I donate where I can and try not to use too much plastic (especially single use straws!) and stay up to date with Seafood Watch and stuff like that. There's so much beauty in the oceans that I'll never get to see, and so much more than is still worth protecting. 

1 hour ago, NightWatcher13 said:

I've been dying to schedule an AMTRAK vacation, but haven't quite gotten to doing it yet. It definitely looks expensive to get a lot of the things I'd want to do in a trip. Part of me just wants to do the long round-trip, but I really want to be able to look at the various places too

The "vacation" packs are expensive because they include sleeper car accommodations and prepaid food from the dining car AS WELL AS hotel stays in "layover" cities and tickets to local attractions. I'm in my 20s so sleeping in a chair is not out of the question for me, I can buy food in the dining car as needed, I have a bunch of friends in the cities where I'd be stopping who would be happy to let me use their shower and couch and maybe even washing machine, and I prefer to pick my own attractions. So I thought, perfect, I'll just get a rail pass and ride where I want when I want. But the website says the rail passes don't work on the long distance trains?? So there goes that idea. 

At this point I have no clue how I'm going to swing this but I know I'd rather not pay for swanky train accommodations if I don't have to. I mean, sure, a night or two sleeping on a train would be great, the best night's sleep I ever got in my life was on an overnight train, I'm down to repeat the experience, but... I don't wanna be tied down. The website goes on and on about how flexible AMTRAK travel can be, but since ticket prices are all over the place I'm still left super confused. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

50 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Flax really is great for your nails/skin/hair!  I actually make a flax hair mask that I use as a gel when I want to curl my hair.  It makes my hair so soft and shiny, and it has a surprisingly nice and move-able hold.  ...I personally can't consume the flax if I need to be in another person's presence within 24 hours or so because it gives me ridiculous gas. :rolleyes:  

I'm gonna need your flax hair mask recipe. Sorry to hear about the flatulence issue, though. I'm glad I don't get that particular side-effect. 

I really like this idea.  Definitely stealing this to put on a later challenge!

You just can't get enough of my quests, can you? First my entire challenge, now this?!

Just kidding. You go on ahead and use anything that's helpful to you. ;)

COME TO CHICAGO, WOBBE! :D  We have deep dish pizza, and I know your fondness for cheese + carbohydrates!  And I'd be totally willing to run around and be a tourist with you if you want company to see the sites! :D 

I'm coming! I have to go to Chicago anyway cause Bean invited me over and she's off in some cornfield in IL somewhere. But I would totally love to take in some Windy City sights with you! That pizza certainly has my attention... 

33 minutes ago, Tateman said:

Been awhile since I have been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. My Mom always loved the otters, so of course I had to vote that. :) I even painted a picture of one when I was in art class in high school.

Following along again :)

Welcome back, Tateman! Otters are pretty damn cute. My sister really loves them, they're her favorite when we go to the aquarium. :) 

• Like 4

I haven't done anything for FSF today and I feel really behind about it. It's not like I squandered the day on facebook or watching tv, either, but... well. No point whining about it now, I guess. 

Normally I'd've gotten some painting in after work, but today I was allowed to make dinner for the fam! So tortilla soup it was. And a Caesar salad, because Mexican salad with Mexican soup. And a last-minute trip to the grocery store for queso fresco and Romaine lettuce. :rolleyes:

I ended up having my flax on the salad, and not in the soup, mostly just because I've done flax + salad before and know it doesn't distress me and I wasn't feeling particularly adventurous. I got some collagen powder and it says it mixes well into any liquid so I tried some in apple juice but I think I put too much because it clumped and tasted kind of meaty. Next time I'll try it in tea, I guess, hopefully that will mask the flavor better. Anyway, I felt like I used up all my adventurousness with that, but I ate my flax anyway, so no harm done. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

I haven't done anything for FSF today and I feel really behind about it. It's not like I squandered the day on facebook or watching tv, either, but... well. No point whining about it now, I guess. 

We all have our bad days.  *hug*  You will just be more energized to tackle it tomorrow!

b10701e0bad6e9fbb5562e560abe4466.gif

Normally I'd've gotten some painting in after work, but today I was allowed to make dinner for the fam! So tortilla soup it was. And a Caesar salad, because Mexican salad with Mexican soup. And a last-minute trip to the grocery store for queso fresco and Romaine lettuce. :rolleyes:

My mind has just been blown.  I had no idea Caesar salad was Mexican!  I googled this after you mentioned it to read a little history on it.  I don't know why, but I think I assumed it was European?  Maybe I was thinking of Julius Caesar?  I don't know...  Craziness! 

I ended up having my flax on the salad, and not in the soup, mostly just because I've done flax + salad before and know it doesn't distress me and I wasn't feeling particularly adventurous. I got some collagen powder and it says it mixes well into any liquid so I tried some in apple juice but I think I put too much because it clumped and tasted kind of meaty. Next time I'll try it in tea, I guess, hopefully that will mask the flavor better. Anyway, I felt like I used up all my adventurousness with that, but I ate my flax anyway, so no harm done. 

...I think I've had collagen powder in soup before.  I didn't know it was in there till I ate it, and I think it probably helped thicken the soup a bit.  If the taste is meaty, maybe try putting it in a bone broth, kelp broth, or mushroom tea?

• Like 4

So many overnight updates ^^;

I don't really know what to say...

Other than... Ceasar salad is Mexican?!

I kinda have to agree with Jlailin... Mind blown!

Also I feel I have contributed by giving you more goals to work towards XD do all the things Wobbe! I believe in you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm sort of settling on the Zephyr Line tour since it's fairly convenient and stops in a bunch of cool places but the line ends in Chicago and I was kind of hoping to get all the way to Boston and a few other New England cities. It turns out Chicago to Boston is particularly unpopular route, though, there's no easy way to make that trip. I might do Chicago to NYC or DC and then hit up Boston from there, I guess. But the whole AMTRAK planning is turning out to be a lot less convenient than I had hoped, because there are way too many options and prices change all the time depending on tons of factors so it's not very easy to get estimates in advance. I'm gearing up to call them about it and see if a live human can sort me out. 

Okay 2 things.

You make it to Chicago, I will come find you.

2) I agree about Amtrak out East. I have family on the west coast we were going to try and see. It would cost more than driving for all of us and take longer.  Instead we just haven't had a chance to go see them which makes me sad. Good luck sorting out the train thing

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jlailin said:

We all have our bad days.  *hug*  You will just be more energized to tackle it tomorrow!

b10701e0bad6e9fbb5562e560abe4466.gif

Fishy! I actually went to sleep last night super early and overslept a lot this morning so I'm not sure what's up on the energy front. But I'll take your word for it, maybe later today it'll kick in and I'll get something done. 

My mind has just been blown.  I had no idea Caesar salad was Mexican!  I googled this after you mentioned it to read a little history on it.  I don't know why, but I think I assumed it was European?  Maybe I was thinking of Julius Caesar?  I don't know...  Craziness! 

A pretty common misconception. In California, where a lot of people know it's Mexican, you sometimes hear kids say it comes from Cesar Chavez, lol. 

...I think I've had collagen powder in soup before.  I didn't know it was in there till I ate it, and I think it probably helped thicken the soup a bit.  If the taste is meaty, maybe try putting it in a bone broth, kelp broth, or mushroom tea?

...........What the heck is mushroom tea

9 hours ago, Siferiax said:

So many overnight updates ^^;

I don't really know what to say...

Other than... Ceasar salad is Mexican?!

I kinda have to agree with Jlailin... Mind blown!

Technically it came from an Italian immigrant who operated restaurants in Mexico and the US but for some reason that qualifies as Mexican so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Also I feel I have contributed by giving you more goals to work towards XD do all the things Wobbe! I believe in you.

The only extra goal I got was "don't buy things" and that really shouldn't be getting in the way of me finishing projects?!? Actually that "don't buy crap" goal saved my butt when I went to the grocery store for cheese and lettuce last night, the impulse chocolates were calling me. I remembered my challenge and stood firm! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Okay 2 things.

You make it to Chicago, I will come find you.

2) I agree about Amtrak out East. I have family on the west coast we were going to try and see. It would cost more than driving for all of us and take longer.  Instead we just haven't had a chance to go see them which makes me sad. Good luck sorting out the train thing

I figure once I make it to Chicago I can figure out how to trundle down the line to your town. But yeah I'm definitely not thinking AMTRAK in an effort to save money or time. It's just much more convenient and less stressful than driving by myself and unlike a plane trip I'd actually get to enjoy the scenery. The idea is to tour the country, not to get from here to Boston lickity-split. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm gonna need your flax hair mask recipe. Sorry to hear about the flatulence issue, though. I'm glad I don't get that particular side-effect. 

Here you go: http://www.ashleysgreenlife.com/2012/12/how-to-make-flax-seed-hair-gel-video.html 

I use this recipe when I'm using curlformers and doing a wet-set.  I'll wash my hair, let it dry halfway, douse it in the gel, and insert into my curlformers.  I've got a friend with naturally curly hair that just puts it in her hair to keep her curls together and frizz free but still soft.  In the winter I like to put a few drops of olive oil and/or honey in to make it extra moisturizing, but it's not required at all.

19 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

You just can't get enough of my quests, can you? First my entire challenge, now this?!

Just kidding. You go on ahead and use anything that's helpful to you. ;)

I can't help it if you just have awesome quests all the time!  Don't they say something like "Imitation is the best form of flattery"?  :P 

42 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

...........What the heck is mushroom tea

I had the exact same reaction to this when my friend doing JET in Japan mentioned that she loved the stuff. xD  I was so confused that she sent me a few packets to try.  From what I can surmise, it's basically powdered dried shiitake mushrooms.  It sorta makes a mushroom broth, which is great for starting a soup (which is what I ended up using it for).  You could probably just use the dried shiitakes broken into small pieces if you can't find the actual tea.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Here you go: http://www.ashleysgreenlife.com/2012/12/how-to-make-flax-seed-hair-gel-video.html 

I use this recipe when I'm using curlformers and doing a wet-set.  I'll wash my hair, let it dry halfway, douse it in the gel, and insert into my curlformers.  I've got a friend with naturally curly hair that just puts it in her hair to keep her curls together and frizz free but still soft.  In the winter I like to put a few drops of olive oil and/or honey in to make it extra moisturizing, but it's not required at all.

Thanks! Generally speaking my hair is fairly obedient but it does get frizzy if I go to hot places, and when it gets longer I think the flax gel will help make it even easier to style. I can make my hair anything from heavily wavy to nearly perfectly straight just by scrunching or brushing it while it's wet and letting it dry that way, but especially with the wavy it can get frizzy and if I brush it it'll lose a lot of body very quickly, so I'd love to play with the gel. 

Of course, for now it's still too short to do anything with it, but someday! Someday soon, I will have beautiful Winter Soldier hair! 

maxresdefault.jpg

Hmm? NF to get a superhero physique? No no, it's all about that superhero hair. :D

I can't help it if you just have awesome quests all the time!  Don't they say something like "Imitation is the best form of flattery"?  :P 

<3 

I had the exact same reaction to this when my friend doing JET in Japan mentioned that she loved the stuff. xD  I was so confused that she sent me a few packets to try.  From what I can surmise, it's basically powdered dried shiitake mushrooms.  It sorta makes a mushroom broth, which is great for starting a soup (which is what I ended up using it for).  You could probably just use the dried shiitakes broken into small pieces if you can't find the actual tea.  

Huh, sounds interesting. I asked Amazon and got a lot of weird results (mushroom coffee, anyone?) so I'll have to sort through them to find something like what you describe. It sounds weird but great. 

• Like 5

The only extra goal I got was "don't buy things" and that really shouldn't be getting in the way of me finishing projects?!? Actually that "don't buy crap" goal saved my butt when I went to the grocery store for cheese and lettuce last night, the impulse chocolates were calling me. I remembered my challenge and stood firm! 
I still believe in you and see what happened. Good job! :D you are so far stronger than me ;)

• Like 4

You guys I'm listening to Spotify's Today's Top Hits list and wow I am super out of touch with popular music. I only recognize like four of the top 50 artists. 

There is so much culture in this world that I will never experience. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I figure once I make it to Chicago I can figure out how to trundle down the line to your town. But yeah I'm definitely not thinking AMTRAK in an effort to save money or time. It's just much more convenient and less stressful than driving by myself and unlike a plane trip I'd actually get to enjoy the scenery. The idea is to tour the country, not to get from here to Boston lickity-split. 

If you come down here, it is a straight line on the train to my cornfield. LOL. I think its great your doing this.

4 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Hmm? NF to get a superhero physique? No no, it's all about that superhero hair. :D

See, your the superhero not me. My hair does its own thing, and I have accepted that.

4 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

You guys I'm listening to Spotify's Today's Top Hits list and wow I am super out of touch with popular music. I only recognize like four of the top 50 artists. 

There is so much culture in this world that I will never experience. 

OKay, I know little about the current "music" besides what plays on the "Everything" radio station I know I am quite happy not knowing most of it. And when the hell did Meredith brooks become classic rock.

Now I feel like I am out of a Bowling for soup Song....

• Haha 2

I'm going to join the mind blown gang and say I had no clue Caesar salad was Mexican... I always thought it was either a typical US misnomer like "french fries". Or maybe Italian, Mexican never entered my mind.

I don't know that I would even know 4 of the top music hits; I tend to like more alternative stuff - not that pop music is bad, it's just not usually my jam.

And hey, you got to make a healthy dinner for your family :) How'd that go?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NightWatcher13 said:

I don't know that I would even know 4 of the top music hits; I tend to like more alternative stuff - not that pop music is bad, it's just not usually my jam.

Technically a lot of it is rap and hip hop, and some rock, but pop is a fair assessment overall. I don't listen to it much either -- I'm just coming off a Lyube kick, if that gives you an idea of just how alternative my tastes usually run (although I guess they're mainstream in Russia, so maybe not...?). 

15 minutes ago, NightWatcher13 said:

And hey, you got to make a healthy dinner for your family :) How'd that go?

It went pretty well! Basically the issue is that my mom plans the week's menu and does the shopping without me, and then complains at me for never helping with dinner and also complains at me for jumping in and making something she didn't plan because then "ingredients will go to waste." :rolleyes: So it's tough to win, haha! But this week with some serious intervention from my dad I was able to secure a Wednesday night slot, so I made a tortilla soup because it's delicious and we had everything we needed already, and it went well. 

• Like 4

I have had an unusually strong case of the "I don't wanna"s all day. :/ I overslept this morning. I skipped yoga. I finally got up and made French toast for breakfast, because we had the remnants of a loaf of bread and it's been getting pretty old. It was my first time making it and it could've been better, but it wasn't bad at all for a first effort. 

Then I spent the next several hours being unproductive and unconcerned about it. My dad and I are in the habit of eating lunch together over an episode of whatever show we're watching -- right now it's Turn, but we agreed to take a break from the intrigue today and start a movie. We picked Guardians of the Galaxy 2, because it's on Netflix and neither of us have seen it and poop jokes are a nice change of pace from enemy occupation, maggots, and court-martial. 

This afternoon I actually started writing again for the first time in ages and knocked out a casual 2700 words. It's for a new project, but I thought it'd be good to just write something for myself to get back into the swing of it and prepare to tackle my FSF writing projects. Hopefully it will make things easier. I didn't end up doing any painting today, either, which is kind of a bummer but again I just didn't feel like doing anything so I'm proud enough of writing as long as I was going to be sitting in bed on my computer anyway. I could've just been watching TV, and I wasn't. Success? 

I feel like my current hunger level is absurd given how much I've eaten today but on reflection I haven't eaten that much today. Interesting that my first response to hunger is "how dare you, don't you know what a pig you are?" Sigh. At least I noticed. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

At the same time Nirvana did?

I am old. I admit it.

The next one I thought of was Paula Abdul.

Excuse me while I go get my blanket.. its too cold in here.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Then I spent the next several hours being unproductive and unconcerned about it. My dad and I are in the habit of eating lunch together over an episode of whatever show we're watching -- right now it's Turn, but we agreed to take a break from the intrigue today and start a movie. We picked Guardians of the Galaxy 2, because it's on Netflix and neither of us have seen it and poop jokes are a nice change of pace from enemy occupation, maggots, and court-martial. 

Guardians 2 wasn't as good (at least to me) as the first. but not a bad choice. Youngest loves baby Groot that is a think (You do not want to know how many Groots we have laying around the house. At least your getitng ot have some quality time with your dad. Is he working from home too?

This afternoon I actually started writing again for the first time in ages and knocked out a casual 2700 words. It's for a new project, but I thought it'd be good to just write something for myself to get back into the swing of it and prepare to tackle my FSF writing projects. Hopefully it will make things easier. I didn't end up doing any painting today, either, which is kind of a bummer but again I just didn't feel like doing anything so I'm proud enough of writing as long as I was going to be sitting in bed on my computer anyway. I could've just been watching TV, and I wasn't. Success? 

I call it success. You were doing something and not nothing, so I call it a win

I feel like my current hunger level is absurd given how much I've eaten today but on reflection I haven't eaten that much today. Interesting that my first response to hunger is "how dare you, don't you know what a pig you are?" Sigh. At least I noticed. 

Honestly, for me, noticing is the hard part.

• Like 2

Sometimes days don't go the way you planned or wanted. But it seems you still managed to do some things you can be proud of!
Just decide to make the next day better. Accept only one "meh" day in a row.
It's something I'm trying to anyway XD

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

We picked Guardians of the Galaxy 2, because it's on Netflix

Oooh I was just thinking I wanted to rewatch Guardians 2 if it was on Netflix. Friday night plans settled!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Guardians 2 wasn't as good (at least to me) as the first. but not a bad choice. Youngest loves baby Groot that is a think (You do not want to know how many Groots we have laying around the house.

Tbh despite having seen the first twice I don't remember much of it. It was fine I guess? I am not super into Chris Pratt (people keep telling me to get over this by watching Parks and Rec but...? Do I have to?) but in this case, the point of watching 2 is to take a break from an intense tv show and to a much lesser extent, to prepare for Infinity War in the summer. And Guardians 2 is definitely ridiculous enough to count as a break from the Revolutionary War. 

At least your getitng ot have some quality time with your dad. Is he working from home too?

He's retired, although so busy with things around the house I guess you could call it "working AT home" lol.  

I call it success. You were doing something and not nothing, so I call it a win

Setting the bar low, lol. No, I agree, it was good to get some writing done and definitely better to do that than to do nothing. 

Honestly, for me, noticing is the hard part.

Me toooo. My therapist and independent reading always tell me to catch myself saying mean things to myself and correct myself and be kind and I'm like "I don't notice when I say mean things to myself?!? It is just how I exist?!?!? What do you want from me??" So I'm definitely proud to have noticed. 

2 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Sometimes days don't go the way you planned or wanted. But it seems you still managed to do some things you can be proud of!
Just decide to make the next day better. Accept only one "meh" day in a row.
It's something I'm trying to anyway XD

Today I was awoken an hour before my alarm by my phone sending me Discord notifications. At that time I remembered I would need to get up in an hour and go for a run, and I accepted that and went back to sleep. An hour rolled around and my alarm went off and I thought, "eh, I can sleep in a little while." Snooze. Second alarm went off and I thought, "it's fine, I'll just get up at seven and go then." Seven came to pass and I decided "you know what, forget it, I'll run tomorrow." and went back to sleep. 

Hopefully as a result of getting all of this out of the way early, I've made room for a more productive day. Tomorrow I will have no excuses so the run will definitely happen -- I'm not worried about skipping it twice. But I would like to know why I'm so goddamn tired lately. 

1 hour ago, Plazmotic said:

Oooh I was just thinking I wanted to rewatch Guardians 2 if it was on Netflix. Friday night plans settled!

Yusssss happy to help lol! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

But I would like to know why I'm so goddamn tired lately. 

Hopefully not getting sick, but that has been the answer a lot lately...

• Like 2