Br0din finds Freedom through Discipline, part Aon

Br0din

Image result for freedom gif

I've been doing a lot of Podcast listening to a Former Navy SEAL turned motivation speaker and he has 2 big points that I love.  Discipline = Freedom and extreme ownership of everything you do.  I haven't been meeting my goals mainly causing I'm not doing these things.  

So, this year I'm going to be more goal oriented and harder on myself when I don't make good decisions.  I'm also going to get back to basics, evaluate my priorities, and reestablish my discipline.  There are lots of things I want to accomplish, but haven't because, honestly, I just didn't do the things necessary to accomplish them, like I'm now fatter than I was the start of last year.

Image result for gym mobility funny

1.  Get lean as fuck

Image result for stop being fat

or lose 20 lbs.  I was in between 225-228 for most of last year, but my belly measurement went up from 35.8-36.2" to 38".  This isn't good.

a. Count all my calories.  Don't eat over 2400 cals/day.  Basically, have some goddamn discipline.

b. don't eat foods high in fat.  I'm going to try do high carbs / low fat for this challenge.  next month, I'll try high fats low carbs in an experiment of how my body reacts as all my clothes are tight on me now...

c. Track my body stats.  I'm great at capturing my weight, but I'm now going to be discipline about tracking my waist and hip measurements.

and it's too hot here to go another summer of wearing a shirt during workouts.

2.  Give praise in the Iron sanctuary.  To do this, I must remain mobile and healthy. So...  have some fucking discipline and do my mobility.  Don't be afraid to see my chrio, and lastly... if I need them, take my NSAIDs.  I know they make me bloated... but it will pass.  Use them to heal faster.

3.  Compete in things.  Get off my ass and enter some contests.  I will enter at least 1 PL meet, 1 Crossfit comp (open isn't going to count, and I'm not entering) and 1 WL meet.  

I'll do the worse at the WL meeting, but I need to just get off my ass and throw some numbers up.  

• Like 8

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

4 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Freedom through Discipline?

Sounds kinky.

Naw...  less kink, more like this

Image result for military discipline funny

• Haha 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

8 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

So...get some discipline already and accept that sometimes you just have to do hard things.

Consider the following inspirational examples of discipline...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This is everything I hoped it would be.

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

17 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

giphy.gif

Image result for That'll never happen to me

Image result for sad funny

(I kinda wish it would...)

• Haha 3

Wheymen

3 hours ago, Br0din said:

Image result for freedom gif

Getting your intestinal track completetly removed is a pretty effective way to get lean AF... lemme know how that goes

3 hours ago, Br0din said:

3.  Compete in things.  Get off my ass and enter some contests.  I will enter at least 1 PL meet, 1 Crossfit comp (open isn't going to count, and I'm not entering) and 1 WL meet.  

I'll do the worse at the WL meeting, but I need to just get off my ass and throw some numbers up.  

I dig this for you! Don't wimp out -_- 

2 hours ago, Br0din said:

Image result for That'll never happen to me

Image result for sad funny

(I kinda wish it would...)

Dawwww.... maybe someday.

• Haha 1

As I like to tell my U.S. Marine co-workers,  
giphy.gif

I have the Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual on my TBR, looking forward to it. 

• Like 3

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, Simple

May I suggest this re: ramping up for competition?? Preordered it because I thought it sounded like a blast.

• Thanks 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

There's always someone who's got to be nice to @Br0din. Way to ruin it be a positive influence.

@Tanktimus the Encourager has always been the light in the darkness

Image result for light in the darkness

• Thanks 1

Wheymen

7 minutes ago, Grumble said:

There's always someone who's got to be nice to @Br0din. Way to ruin it be a positive influence.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

15 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Sorry, I forgot to translate into warrior:
Following to watch you not be a whiny, losing little bitch.

11 minutes ago, Br0din said:

@Tanktimus the Encourager has always been the light in the darkness

Image result for light in the darkness

In all seriousness, my personal mantra is

I am a Servant of the Most High God.

I bring Hope to the Hopeless.

I bring Love to the Forsaken.

I speak the Truth to Lies.

And I shine LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry, I forgot to translate into warrior:
Following to watch you not be a whiny, losing little bitch.

If everyone plays the heel, then no one is the heel.  Someone needs to be the good guy for balance.

14 minutes ago, Urgan said:

giphy.gif

Image result for you're a good person too

• Like 3

Wheymen

1 hour ago, MikeWazowski said:

Have some discipline, do your damn mobility.

(that was my best attempt to translate my normal teddy bear nature into Br0din)

I picture it more like this:

teddy-bear.jpg

• Haha 4

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

And the compulsive urge to roll up attributes and assign skill proficiencies is officially triggered. That's a Vengeance Paladin if I ever saw one...

• Like 3

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

And the compulsive urge to roll up attributes and assign skill proficiencies is officially triggered. That's a Vengeance Paladin if I ever saw one...

I was thinking it was a Brahlkyrie, but knowing Tank, its an angel.  

Wheymen