• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Syren

Syren Memes Fitness February

4.jpg

Last Challenge was fine... but I stopped reporting on it after about 2 weeks. I found Statistics homework far more necessary.... albeit less enjoyable.

Anyway, February is about building the base, or back to basics, whichever you prefer.

Building Blocks: 1 Fitness Block, 1 Nutrition Block, 1 Lifestyle Block

But what is the major motivation?

45855605.jpg

https://youtu.be/Ud4HuAzHEUc

The chronic knee and ankle pain anthem. But it has gotten better since I have started working out more regularlyish. But I have a yo-yo effect with fitness. I will do great for a couple weeks, then do awful for a couple of weeks, then back on top again... rinse repeat.  My true hardship is the nutrition goal. Always.

college-nutrition-89916.jpg

Now, I could repeat the mistake of numerous goals that I set for myself each time, but let's pretend that I want to succeed for the 28 days that are February 2018. 

12670265_10153867807372346_7014978480654256167_n.jpg

So Nutrition Is the major goal this month, but I have a couple of other mini's that I am going to work on. They are simple, and for the most part I get them done, but there are still hiccups.

As the Trash Panda Says, Plans, BIG PLANS! Huuuuge plans. Plans the likes of which you have never seen. Plans to eat right and stick to it. To be detailed when I make the plans...

14984672-14851009796674082.jpg Drink water 3-4 liters depending on what I'm doing for the day (Field days should probably go up to 5 or 6 due to being in South FL)

Image result for swim memes Workout daily: Sunday Yoga, MWF Strength Training, TR Swim, Saturday Hike or Kayak

cant-tell-if-its-my-anxiety-or-my-hate-for-dealing-with-ppl.png Writing in a journal really helped to manage this better, so I'mma keep doing that.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Siferiax said:

All them shiny pictures!!
Uchem. Sorry.
Hiiii!!!
Sounds like you have some great plans this month.
Best of luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Herro! *waves enthusiastically* 

• Like 1

Mmm... I do have abs, and they are on fire. Forgot how much swimming works the core. Today I only did a broken swimmer's mile, as a way to break back in. Took around 40 minutes, I think. There were no clocks to check the time.

Was not feeling the swim at all, kinda feeling blah after leaving the office, but the pool is right next door, the day was freaking gorgeous, I had all my gear in my car, and I have been intending to get back into swimming since the middle of Jan. so there were to be no excuses!!

Swimming is a magical endorphin inducing drug... and is also painful.

Workout:

4 x 250 free style

250 -- 100 Backstroke, 100 Breaststroke, 50 Butterfly

250 free style

150 mixed strokes for fun and cool down

Total 1650 m

Also the first time swimming meters rather than yards and swimming laps at an outside pool -- we had wind sheer, so that was interesting.

• Like 2

Nicely done!!
I never really got into swimming ever. Just not in blood
Mostly the disadvantage is that you get wet and have to dry off again and so on lol.
But I do like the idea of swimming. So I'll just live that through you ^^

Yesterday

stay-thirsty1.jpg

Today

424220_335961613160208_1692300017_n.jpg?oh=c00d70dfd0748182cd860f67415c31a7&oe=5ADA694B

*cries about hating FL*

Ok, now that that is over, lets talk about how I am a badass for sticking with swimming today despite not wanting to (shut up dark side of brain, I know it's not that special).

Another Broken Swimmer's Mile

400 freestyle

4 x 100 kick of each stroke

400 freestyle

4 x 100 kick of each stroke

50 breath hold + freestyle (I can at least get half way across the pool on a breath... still very out of practice)

Total 1650 m

I did not work out yesterday -- at least not a dedicated workout. I was walking across and crouching through 11 or so pocket wetlands on a ranch that will partially become a solar farm. This trip was confirming that the project will not impact the naturally occurring wetlands, between where the panels are planned to go.

• Like 2

Ok, now that that is over, lets talk about how I am a badass for sticking with swimming today despite not wanting to (shut up dark side of brain, I know it's not that special).

It is that special! Because you went out there and you did a thing!! You decided not to sit on the couch, but be awesome instead. It deserves celebration!
Go you!!
(I'm channeling the words my BF told me yesterday about me spinning lol XD)

On 2/8/2018 at 9:09 PM, Syren said:

awesome! here's to more swimming! dark side of the brain not needed!

swimming-man-400x300_artua.gif