The Shogun's Journey

The Shogun

Basically, a continuation of my previous challenge with some tweaks, incorporating HIIT and looking for a new Martial Art. Also, at the end of this challenge there are some HUGE changes to my lifestyle, so I might end up like the previous challenge... the important part is continuing the fight, right?

Goal 1 — Paying the Iron Price: Continue the Stronglifts Program

Week 0 ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 1 ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 2 ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 3 ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 4 ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 5 ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

~xx%  ~x

Goal 2 — Run, boy, run!

I've been looking for a way to supplement my workouts while doing something I can continue doing once I move (out of my house or out of my country) and I also want to build stamina and resistance, so I'll be focusing on HIIT between lifting days. For starters, some running, but I might switch to heavy bag work, or I might drop it entirely if I see my lifting performance going down.

Week 0 ✘ ☐                                     xx% x

Week 1 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

Week 2 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

Week 3 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

Week 4 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

Week 5 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

~xx%  ~x

Goal 3 — A Monk's with a Warrior Soul

Week 0 ☐ Make the time to FIND A NEW MARTIAL ART SCHOOL/DOJO

Attend practice, sessions, lessons, classes, etc

Week 1 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

Week 2 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

Week 3 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

Week 4 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

Week 5 ☐ ☐                                     xx% x

~xx%  ~x

Life Goal: A Warrior's Soul

A significant of my focus for this year will develop, grow, and strengthen certain qualities of spirit, to work out my character and inner life as much (or more) than I do my body. I will pursue certain spiritual disciplines and make them part of my daily rituals.

And just to keep me accountable and go with the tracking goal (and in case you're wondering which spiritual disciplines I'm pursuing). 

Meditation and Contemplation                                         Fasting

Week 0 ✔ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 0 ✔ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 1 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 1 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 2 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 2 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 3 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 3 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 4 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 4 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Silence and Solitude                                                          Study and Self-Examination

Week 0 ☐                                                               xx% x     Week 0 ✔ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 1 ☐                                                               xx% x     Week 1 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 2 ☐                                                               xx% x     Week 2 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 3 ☐                                                               xx% x     Week 3 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 4 ☐                                                               xx% x     Week 4 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Journaling and Gratitude                                                   Fellowship and Confession

Week 0 ✔ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 0 ✔ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 1 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 1 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 2 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 2 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 3 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 3 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Week 4 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 4 ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

unicode: ✔✘☐

• Like 6

One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star.

Current Challenge

YOUR BOXES ARE SO SATISFYING TO LOOK AT ALL THE BOXES ALL THE CHECKS FIND THE THINGS RAWRRRRRR

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
23 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Your check boxes are beautiful. 

I absolutely, 100% agree that the most important part is continuing the fight. 

23 hours ago, RedStone said:

YOUR BOXES ARE SO SATISFYING TO LOOK AT ALL THE BOXES ALL THE CHECKS FIND THE THINGS RAWRRRRRR

22 hours ago, Khuja said:

Check off all the things!!!

Love your posts,and best of luck on your journey to find a new dojo!!

8 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Checkboxesssssssssssssssss.

Okay, I'm offficially calling this challenge ALL THE CHECKBOXES

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

Goal 1

Today I had to deload =( that is to lift less than usual because it's been a week since I worked out! Well, sometimes need you to take a step back to gain momentum, right? The important is never stop fighting.⠀

Also, I'm getting better at my omelette game. At least they're starting to look like omelettes and not scrambled eggs! =D That beauty there has spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and some onions.

Goal 2

Tomorrow I start doing some HIIT.

Goal 3

Scheduled some time on Thursdays to visit a new Aikido Dojo near my house but I should check out one near my job since I'm moving soon.

Life's Goal

Meditation and Contemplation                                         Fasting

Week 0 ✘ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 0 ✔ ✔ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Silence and Solitude                                                          Study and Self-Examination

Week 0 ☐                                                               xx% x     Week 0 ✔ ✔ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

Journaling and Gratitude                                                   Fellowship and Confession

Week 0 ✔ ✔ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x     Week 0 ✔ ✔ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐                                    xx% x

unicode: ✔✘☐

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Following to see where your next martial arts adventure leads! I know little about aikido so if that is where you wind up, I will be interested to learn about it vicariously. 

• Like 1

“To see that your life is a story while you're in the middle of living it may be a help to living it well."

-Ursula K. Le Guin

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, Simple

I constantly, constantly, constantly misread martial arts as "Marital Arts," which I guess would be putting the toilet seat down, remembering your anniversary, and telling her that no, she does not look fat in that dress.
This made my day!
  • Like 2

Khuja the level 2 Dwarf Ranger 
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 1|STA 1|WIS 3|CHA 2
Current challenge

Past Challenges: Challenge 1 (Challenge 1's missing posts) Challenge 2 Challenge 3  Challenge 4