Khuja simplifies all the things!

I over-complicate  just about everything... If 4 things are good, 7 must be better! Results are slow with only a few changes. Let's make all the changes! 

simplifyin147steps.thumb.jpg.398e6be68a997b5546ff714c9ae7973c.jpg

Ya, as you can imagine, that doesn't work well for me. I did pretty good last challenge, but I need to do better, so these changes become habits. That way I'm not spending my MP (motivation points) on these tasks I wish to become habit. This is just a rough layout, I will come back tomorrow with a proper setup.

post-44157-dog-cupcake-willpower-meme-img-molx.png.1f7dbd810ddf9a148b382ace7a8afb1a.png

What I want to do/achieve:

• Make yoga a daily thing (my right hip is super tight for some reason...) (Dexterity?)
  • Simplify my weightlifting so it doesn't take me an hour to an hour and a half. (STR/CON?)
  • Continue my Japanese studies (INT/WIS?)
  • Continue Unfucking my habitat/aka getting my routines in place(WIS?)
  • Work my way through the NFA course, actually finish the Mindset Module for once...(WIS?)

simplify-all-the-things.jpg.b20aef4d0d9319adf99c7fbcf2f611a4.jpg

I would love to start the Nutrition Module, but I am following the way it was laid out, and will get to it eventually. Routines are printed out, and laminated and out in my planner, just need to use them!

Okay, 0500 comes early, I will work on my plan tomorrow!

• Like 7

Khuja the level 2 Dwarf Ranger 
STR 2|DEX 1|CON 1|STA 1|WIS 3|CHA 2
Current challenge

Past Challenges: Challenge 1 (Challenge 1's missing posts) Challenge 2 Challenge 3  Challenge 4

7 hours ago, Khuja said:

I hear ya - my life is basically a Rube Goldberg machine. My word of the year is "simple." 

• Like 3

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

Simple is goooooood so good. Not easy... but good. You know what else is good? The luck imma sending you! Also just started my very unmotivated and painfully casual Japanese lessons. I can count to 3! I think! Maybe. If I can get to a point where I can watch more anime without subs I'll be happy ^_^ 

• Like 2
Simple is goooooood so good. Not easy... but good. You know what else is good? The luck imma sending you! Also just started my very unmotivated and painfully casual Japanese lessons. I can count to 3! I think! Maybe. If I can get to a point where I can watch more anime without subs I'll be happy [emoji5] 
That's my problem. I've been studying iff an on so long that I can understand about 60% of an episode, but can't read kindergarten books.... Verbal understanding is great, reading comprehension sucks... So, I've been working on learning the kana, and working my way through the free levels of WaniKani. がんばって!

Current challenge

Past Challenges: Challenge 1 (Challenge 1's missing posts) Challenge 2 Challenge 3  Challenge 4

12 hours ago, Khuja said:

I over-complicate  just about everything... If 4 things are good, 7 must be better! Results are slow with only a few changes. Let's make all the changes! 

Hahaha this hits so close to home for me. I love me some complexity, even bought a book that was something like "127 habits to add to you life" for a work book club. It's since been put, unread, into the donate pile.

Here for all the simplifying!

• Like 1

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

Hahaha this hits so close to home for me. I love me some complexity, even bought a book that was something like "127 habits to add to you life" for a work book club. It's since been put, unread, into the donate pile.

Here for all the simplifying!
How's the book donating going? Have you been able to let go of the preciousbooks?

Current challenge

8 minutes ago, Khuja said:

How's the book donating going? Have you been able to let go of the preciousbooks?

They are currently in my donation closet, aka the closet on my apartment patio - it's getting stacked precariously high, so I'll need a salvation army / clothing recycling run by the end of the month - but I'm confident in my ability to donate books I don't really enjoy owning and know I won't re-read (the threat of an apartment move in the coming year helps a lot there).

• Like 1

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

I like the idea of simplifying... I should try that for my next challenge. I just need to think it up first....

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Image result for whatever

just do the thinks you know what to do.

that's what I keep telling myself, anyway...

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I like the idea of simplifying... I should try that for my next challenge. I just need to think it up first....
This coming challenge, or the one after? Ate you planning to simplify just one aspect or all? Babysteps will get you where you want to be. How's the HALT helping? You can always change the feeling around if they don't work for you.
Simplifying is bae. I follow you good.
Hi there Laghail! [emoji16] Any simplifying tips would be greatly appreciated!
tenor.gif?itemid=4835270

just do the thinks you know what to do.

that's what I keep telling myself, anyway...
Love the Clueless gif! Ya, but the thinks I know what to do are legion. I have a huge pile of underpants. Trying to figure out my Phase 2 of the plan. I know if I try to do yoo many, I will miss some and then beat myself up over it, so last challenge was rather simple, but that was hard won, I kept wanting to add more and more to it.
  • Like 2

Current challenge

9 minutes ago, Khuja said:

This coming challenge, or the one after? Ate you planning to simplify just one aspect or all? Babysteps will get you where you want to be. How's the HALT helping? You can always change the feeling around if they don't work for you.

The upcoming challenge. There are things and stresses happening. I will work out challenge details while meditating over the barbell tonight.

EDIT:

How do I freeze my post count? :devilish: (Note to self: Add Iron Maiden stuff to signature!)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

The upcoming challenge. There are things and stresses happening. I will work out challenge details while meditating over the barbell tonight.

EDIT:
How do I freeze my post count? :devilish: (Note to self: Add Iron Maiden stuff to signature!)

ROFL 666 huh? I will be looking for your post then soon!
  • Haha 2

Current challenge

16 minutes ago, Khuja said:

Love the Clueless gif! Ya, but the thinks I know what to do are legion. I have a huge pile of underpants. Trying to figure out my Phase 2 of the plan. I know if I try to do yoo many, I will miss some and then beat myself up over it, so last challenge was rather simple, but that was hard won, I kept wanting to add more and more to it.

Build each task separately.  Say you have 2 goals.  Goal Z and goal 20.  You have steps A, B,C,D,E down towards goal Z and at step 2 towards Goal 20.  It may take you 3 challenges to get step F down, and you fly by steps 3,4,5 in one challenge.  Or, you really are struggling at step F and it causes you to lose steps B and D.  Its a process and its not always forward.  I've now made year long goals with steps in between to that will get me there.  You need to find the process that helps you.

ok, enough of this nice helpful crap, its making me barf.

Image result for game on wayne's world

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Build each task separately.  Say you have 2 goals.  Goal Z and goal 20.  You have steps A, B,C,D,E down towards goal Z and at step 2 towards Goal 20.  It may take you 3 challenges to get step F down, and you fly by steps 3,4,5 in one challenge.  Or, you really are struggling at step F and it causes you to lose steps B and D.  Its a process and its not always forward.  I've now made year long goals with steps in between to that will get me there.  You need to find the process that helps you.

ok, enough of this nice helpful crap, its making me barf.
tenor.gif
Taking this under consideration, will continue planning.

Ya, as you can imagine, that doesn't work well for me. I did pretty good last challenge, but I need to do better, so these changes become habits. That way I'm not spending my MP (motivation points) on these tasks I wish to become habit. This is just a rough layout, I will come back tomorrow with a proper setup.

post-44157-dog-cupcake-willpower-meme-img-molx.png.1f7dbd810ddf9a148b382ace7a8afb1a.png

What I want to do/achieve:
  • Make yoga a daily thing (my right hip is super tight for some reason...) (Dexterity?)
  • Simplify my weightlifting so it doesn't take me an hour to an hour and a half. (STR/CON?)
  • Work my way through the NFA course, actually finish the Mindset Module for once...(WIS?)

I would love to start the Nutrition Module, but I am following the way it was laid out, and will get to it eventually. Routines are printed out, and laminated and out in my planner, just need to use them!

Okay, 0500 comes early, I will work on my plan tomorrow!
My challenge plans will be done(hopefully) tomorrow.
Simple is good! As fun as making things complicated can be...

giphy.gif

What are you doing lifting-wise?
Alanna, I will tell you tomorrow. Hubby is sick with the flu and I believe I have caught it. Thank Hydaelyn it is still only Zero Week.
  • Like 1

Current challenge

On 2/5/2018 at 9:33 PM, Khuja said:

Ok, the above is my basic challenge plan. 

Yoga

• I have the Yoga Academy - USE IT DAILY
  • It's 20-30 minutes - You have that from between hubby leaving and getting the kids up!
  • Create Yoga Space in bedroom and in home gym
  • Bring my Yoga Socks and Gloves in the house for Yoga in the bedroom - Not needed in the Gym (My mat stays out there)
  • Track on my chart daily / Create a Battle Log?
  • 5a7b38ed1bb09_Goalsheetsnip.PNG.0ee0d4701e43ab28634ed262c25421f0.PNG

Simplify my weight lifting

• Just because you can do all sorts of exercises doesn't mean you SHOULD!
  • Simple is best 
  • SImple means more likely to not procrastinate
  • Yes, I took ages to create what I'm using now, but that is still saved if I decide to go back to it!
  • Alternating days of lifting and days off, using the GYM 4A and 4B from my NFA Workout assessment (If I did it myself, it wouldn't turn out simple...)
  • Do in order. Repeat again for 3 rounds total:

Barbell Romanian Deadlift - 10 reps

Bodyweight Pushup - 8 reps

Ring Row - 10 reps

Finish With: Side Plank - 2 sets of 30 seconds each side

• Do in order. Repeat again for 4 rounds total:
    Step Up - 8 reps per side
    Dumbbell Overhead Press - 8 reps per side
    Bent Over Dumbbell Row - 8 reps
    Finish With: Bar Hang - 2 sets of 30+ seconds

• Find something to use for the bar!

• Change planner pages, to blank lines for exercises, and add to Saturday and Sunday

Continue my Japanese Studies!

• Reset WaniKani to level 1
  • Delete secondary WK account
  • Keep all devices charged that have WaniKani's app on them
  • Add all WaniKani info to Japanese study notebook (Yes, I learn better by writing it down)
  • Print off practice pages and put in my planner for studying while waiting for the kids in the afternoons
  • Use Japanese Dungeon while waiting for things (cooking/the kids loading up in the car, etc)
  • Don't forget language shadowing!
  • One Eto Eto chapter a day, minimum

Continue Unfucking My Habitat

• You have your sheets printed and laminated, USE THEM
  • Focus on your Morning Routine - Planner time helps your day go better
  • Rooms to focus on - Home Office and Master Bedroom
  • Continue reading the book

Working my way through the NFA course, actually finishing the Mindset Module

• One mission a day, minimum!
  • Use your POST ITS!
  • Call the local tailoring shop and price tailoring for the gets clothes tailored mission
  • Use your Rocketbook to track all NF info, and upload using the Rocketbook app 
  • If you finish the Mindset Module, THEN you can start the Nutrition Module - You know how important changing your mindset is!

Track all this on my goal page in my planner!!

• Like 4

Current challenge

@Alanna Here you go

Monday- Friday were weight lifting days, with the weekend off of lifting, but cycling and yoga were still done

Monday

Incline Hammer Curls 5/5

Wide Grip Standing Barbell Curl 5/5

Wrist Rotations with bar 

Upwards Palm  Barbell Wrist Curl 5/5

Palms Down Barbell Wrist Curl 5/5

Farmer's Walk

Landmine 180's

Tuesday

Barbell Squat 5/5

Leg Extensions 5/5

Barbell Step Ups 5/5

Lying Leg Curls 5/5

Kneeling Squat 5/5

Barbell Hip Thrust 5/5

Suspended Fallout

Wednesday

Barbell Medium Grip Bench Press 5/5

Suspended Fallout

Decline Barbell Medium Grip Bench Press 5/5

Hammer Grip Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 5/5

Incline Cable Flye 5/5

Dumbbell Flyes 5/5

Push Up to Side Plank 5 sets of 5

Thursday

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 5/5

Bent Over 2 Arm Long Bar Row 5/5

Stiff Legged Good Morning 5/5

Barbell Hip Thrust 5/5

Bent Arm Barbell Pullover 5/5

Kneeling Squat 5/5

Friday

Single Arm Linear Jammer 5/5

Standing Military Press 5/5

Side Laterals to Front Raise 5/5

Landmine 180's 5/5

Spell Caster 5/5

Suspended Fallout

Standing Barbell Calf Raise 5/5

Not super complicated, but it takes forever when you're always having to change weights on bars (screw on collars for all bars and dumbbells) and move things around for room. 

• Like 2

Current challenge

10 minutes ago, Khuja said:

screw on collars for all bars and dumbbells

The bane of my existence!!!!

giphy.gif 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
51 minutes ago, Khuja said:

@Alanna Here you go

Monday- Friday were weight lifting days, with the weekend off of lifting, but cycling and yoga were still done

Monday

Incline Hammer Curls 5/5

Wide Grip Standing Barbell Curl 5/5

Wrist Rotations with bar 

Upwards Palm  Barbell Wrist Curl 5/5

Palms Down Barbell Wrist Curl 5/5

Farmer's Walk

Landmine 180's

Tuesday

Barbell Squat 5/5

Leg Extensions 5/5

Barbell Step Ups 5/5

Lying Leg Curls 5/5

Kneeling Squat 5/5

Barbell Hip Thrust 5/5

Suspended Fallout

Wednesday

Barbell Medium Grip Bench Press 5/5

Suspended Fallout

Decline Barbell Medium Grip Bench Press 5/5

Hammer Grip Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 5/5

Incline Cable Flye 5/5

Dumbbell Flyes 5/5

Push Up to Side Plank 5 sets of 5

Thursday

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 5/5

Bent Over 2 Arm Long Bar Row 5/5

Stiff Legged Good Morning 5/5

Barbell Hip Thrust 5/5

Bent Arm Barbell Pullover 5/5

Kneeling Squat 5/5

Friday

Single Arm Linear Jammer 5/5

Standing Military Press 5/5

Side Laterals to Front Raise 5/5

Landmine 180's 5/5

Spell Caster 5/5

Suspended Fallout

Standing Barbell Calf Raise 5/5

Not super complicated, but it takes forever when you're always having to change weights on bars (screw on collars for all bars and dumbbells) and move things around for room. 

It's a bit complicated - I don't know what 25% of those are, although they sound fun! I want to cast spells (I think...). But then I'm a powerlifter and focus on the big 3 - I'm guessing from your programme that your goals lean more towards bodybuilding? Just asking so we can be of assistance with the programme simplification if you'd like help on that front :).

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 

Supple Lioness Mobility

3 minutes ago, Alanna said:

It's a bit complicated - I don't know what 25% of those are, although they sound fun! I want to cast spells (I think...). But then I'm a powerlifter and focus on the big 3 - I'm guessing from your programme that your goals lean more towards bodybuilding? Just asking so we can be of assistance with the programme simplification if you'd like help on that front :).

Wasn't really going for too much of a bodybuilding aspect, just was using what I have access to. (Though I do like my muscles on my forearms being more defined...) Basically, I want to be strong enough, flexible enough, lean enough, and have enough endurance to do anything I might want to. I guess when you're always getting information from bodybuilding resources that's how things end up, lol. Any assistance is greatly appreciated~

Current challenge

6 minutes ago, Khuja said:

Wasn't really going for too much of a bodybuilding aspect, just was using what I have access to. (Though I do like my muscles on my forearms being more defined...) Basically, I want to be strong enough, flexible enough, lean enough, and have enough endurance to do anything I might want to. I guess when you're always getting information from bodybuilding resources that's how things end up, lol. Any assistance is greatly appreciated~

Nothing wrong with bodybuilding and hypertrophy work - muscle moves weight :). (That said, I'd consider sets of 8-12 more in the hypertrophy range than sets of 5 - it's more the isolated muscle movements and the split that made me think bodybuilding).

If you were short on time, though, I'd put more emphasis on compound movements (squat, deadlift, press, bench, rows, push-ups, pull-ups, etc.) and less on the isolated movements (e.g., flyes, hamstring curls, and bicep curls). Depending on how you scheduled it, the workouts could still take 1-1.5 hrs (longer as you needed more rest between movements), but you could reduce your training frequency to 3 or 4 times a week instead, which could give you more time to focus on flexibility and endurance instead. Just depends on what you enjoy doing, though - if the bodybuilding format works for you, stick with it! How often would you ideally like to train, what kind of equipment do you have access to, and how long have you been lifting?

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 

Supple Lioness Mobility

Nothing wrong with bodybuilding and hypertrophy work - muscle moves weight :). (That said, I'd consider sets of 8-12 more in the hypertrophy range than sets of 5 - it's more the isolated muscle movements and the split that made me think bodybuilding).

If you were short on time, though, I'd put more emphasis on compound movements (squat, deadlift, press, bench, rows, push-ups, pull-ups, etc.) and less on the isolated movements (e.g., flyes, hamstring curls, and bicep curls). Depending on how you scheduled it, the workouts could still take 1-1.5 hrs (longer as you needed more rest between movements), but you could reduce your training frequency to 3 or 4 times a week instead, which could give you more time to focus on flexibility and endurance instead. Just depends on what you enjoy doing, though - if the bodybuilding format works for you, stick with it! How often would you ideally like to train, what kind of equipment do you have access to, and how long have you been lifting?

As long as it's lifting weights, I enjoy it.

About a year and half.

Bench, rack, Bowflex, Elliptical, Heavy Bag, curl bar, Exercise ball, road bike.

No more than one day off in a row works best, time is not an issue, as I work from home. If I need to constantly change weights, that adds to the time, and perceived hassle, and Procrastination starts tempting me. If I can keep the weight mostly the same, then time isn't a factor as the gym is at home and it's a form of meditation.46a4c7a4fb0610c596bd2fd1fba34240.jpg9d8bbb0d524eaca6453cabef6bc098c0.jpg4df880689d92eaee358cea737886064f.jpg042e85cfa1230c4f45f7e74227247c39.jpg
  • Like 3

Current challenge