Winter in Alamut

@mu

1 hour ago, @mu said:

As much as I can, it's my mother tongue :D are you French as well? Btw Manarelle also speaks French. And a few other Assassins here, I noticed, I don't remember usernames though -_-

Erm, I'll have to improve my communication skills, it's getting a bit embarrassing!

But thanks for your lovely message and have a good challenge!

Merveilleux!! Let;s make sure to drop proper adjectives here and there! hahaha

I am more embarassed for not following your exercises closely enough to get everything! You explained all the details so I should be able to!

Have a good challenge, with a happy but not too intrusive cat!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

41 minutes ago, Asuka said:

Moi aussi je suis francophone (et francophile...).  J’ai travaillé à Paris pendant plus de trois ans, mais il y a trop longtemps (et même quand j’étais là, on se moquait de mon accent...).  Je ne l’utilise plus, je n’en ai plus l’occasion, sauf en vacances, et même là, les jeunes en grandes villes maîtrisent parfaitement l’anglais...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

It sounds like you have a proper cold working through your body. Tonsilitis is enough of an infection to make your whole body want to slow down and often goes along with heavy, sluggish limbs. Just keep taking good care of yourself as you are and don't expect too much for a couple of days. It'll be so much easier and satisfying again after

Yes indeed. Sluggish is the word. I don't feel completely under, but you're right, I shouldn't expect much of the next few days.

1 hour ago, Asuka said:

I am more embarassed for not following your exercises closely enough to get everything! You explained all the details so I should be able to!

Parfait :P  No worry, I see what you mean, when I read some technical posts here, I'm also like: what the heck is a Gemini :lol: (pole dancers hello :D ). I google image things, but sometimes I just move on. 

33 minutes ago, LouCarJo said:

Moi aussi je suis francophone (et francophile...).  J’ai travaillé à Paris pendant plus de trois ans, mais il y a trop longtemps (et même quand j’étais là, on se moquait de mon accent...).  Je ne l’utilise plus, je n’en ai plus l’occasion, sauf en vacances, et même là, les jeunes en grandes villes maîtrisent parfaitement l’anglais...

ha ha je me demandais justement, à cause d'Engrenages. Dans ce cas, je peux te filer un lien pour la saison 6, mais c'est VF only, il comprend le français ton mari aussi?
Tu écris super bien en tout cas, ça sonne natif quoi!
Ils sont bien gonflés les Français qui se moquent des accents des autres :D Bon, il y a des exceptions bien sûr, mais un Français qui parle une langue étrangère, ça se repère super vite en général :P

• Like 2

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

I feel like you should do an improv / movement session where you emulate your cat. :D:D:D

Totally agree with LFD that the cold/tonsilitis probably had a lot to do with your feeling and performance. 

• Haha 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

thirded :)

• Haha 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

19 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Avec les accents et tout !!! Trop impressionnee !!

J'ai travaille au Quebec pendant longtemps - Personne ne devrait se moquer de l'accent de qui que ce soit. 

18 hours ago, @mu said:

Ils sont bien gonflés les Français qui se moquent des accents des autres :D Bon, il y a des exceptions bien sûr, mais un Français qui parle une langue étrangère, ça se repère super vite en général :P

GRAVE.

On a demande a un mec francais de ma division de parler anglais plus lentement parce que les clients ne comprenaient pas ce qu'il disait... "As you cane see in ze presentation.." Horrible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising up every time we fall." Confucius

I see there is consensus :D Why not, should be fun! Next improv session is due next week, let's have a crazy kitten improv.

She was still in her hammock this morning by the way
shideh-hammock.jpg.c46c00f67bd0273a6111620d28eb7f26.jpg

She has a bit of a Godzilla approach to it, but anybody who has trained aerial knows the feeling I think, e.g. of totally getting owned by a pair of silks :D

And today was Goal 2, still a bit sluggish but it feels good to move around.

Goal 2: Bend – 8 sessions

Standing back drop to support 3 - 3 /

Elevated Jefferson curls 3 - 3 /

Camel bend back drop 3 - 3 /

Pancake 3 - 3 /

Elbow stand to bridge on sofa back to front 3 - 3 /

Legs behind shoulder/neck 3 - 3 /

• Like 4

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

that kitty :lol:  :wub:

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Nice stretching session. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I loooove the cat silks! Looks like it's the best cat toy in the world. I wanna make one for my kitty!

Hope the tonsilitis is getting better! 

p.s. I just looked up what a Jefferson curl is! Now I wanna try one.... :)

• Like 2

Traaki, Level 23 Half-Orc Assassin 

Current challenge: traaki gets some sun. Just a little. * Respawned on June 25, 2018

Previous: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Epic QuestBattlelog

10 hours ago, traaki said:

I loooove the cat silks! Looks like it's the best cat toy in the world. I wanna make one for my kitty!

Did you make one? How old is your kitten? Mine is something like 8 months (not sure as she was born stray,  her mother had her babies in my workplace's courtyard).

And yes Jefferson curls are cool, I really like them. Hope you enjoy them too!

I still have a cold, the centre of it being my throat, but I just have to wait it out I suppose. Mostly tackling the symptoms.

Today was Goal 1 (Push/Pull) + Goal 5 (Sequencing).

Some notes:

Goal 1

Bent arm press linked tuck reps on parallettes x2+ set 1 and 2

Set 1: 1 rep – link – 1 rep up and faaaall; tried again and linked 2 reps

Set 2: 1 rep up and fall; 1 rep – link – 1 rep up and fall; 1 rep – link – 1 rep – push hard but 3r rep did not happen.

I added the attempts in my notes, it's useful info on the volume I have to do to get my stuff done.

Dead hang to inverted pike x3 from bars (no silks / wrapping to catcher Left / Right)

Still having to help myself with a foot when wrapped, feels like I don't have enough space. Maybe holding bars lower could help, not sure

Dead hang long arms straddle up x2+ - LR

One more rep on the right. Left was not pretty at all.

1-arm hold progression LR

On the right I started turning around, harder to hold with a twisted shoulder. Managed to not twist on the left, held a bit longer but I'm wasting a lot of energy trying not to twist meh .

Bent arm pike press + hold on parallettes with ball

17s! Did not fall over this time. I wanted to start doing some foot manipulation with the ball (getting it into a flexed foot position), but did not manage.

Goal 5

Worked on 2 sequences, but had a hard time with transitions when I end up really close to the floor.

And then I ran out of energy. Had a stretch / cool down and called it a day.
This is the end of week 1 for me. I hope the cold will go away soon. Will probably go and get a nap now :sleeping:

Week 1 goal sheets:

Goal 1: Push-Pull

Core – 12 sessions - 3/12

Bent arm press linked tuck reps on parallettes x2+ set 1

1. (1.5) 2 (1 / 1) 1 (1.5) 2

Dead hang to inverted pike x3 from bars (no silks / wrapping to catcher Left / Right)

1. [bent legs, foot help x2] 3 3 3

Bent arm press linked tuck reps on parallettes x2+ set 2

1. 2.5 2 (1 / 1.5) 2

Dead hang long arms straddle up x2+ - LR

1. [bent legs] 2L 2R 2L 2R 2L 3R

Support A – 6 sessions - 2/6

1-arm hold progression LR

1. 13s R 4s 10s L - 8s R 14s L

Bent arm pike press + hold on parallettes with ball

1. 10s - 17s

Support B – 6 sessions - 1/6

Meat hook progression on silks x2 on each side

1. [floor, split silks, pull up to wrapped bent arms, tuck extension] 1R-1L 1L-1R

HSPUs in sling: 3+ reps working on good form

1. 3

Goal 2: Bend – 8 sessions

Standing back drop to support 3 - 3 /

Elevated Jefferson curls 3 - 3 /

Camel bend back drop 3 - 3 /

Pancake 3 - 3 /

Elbow stand to bridge on sofa back to front 3 - 3 /

Legs behind shoulder/neck 3 - 3 /

Goal 3: Apparatus puzzle – 4 sessions

0. s-wrap –> 3 entries tested – 1 okayish (from bar)

1. s-wrap –> +1 entry tested: nope.
belay –> 4 entries tested: 2 ok/okayish (hand-made knot, knee pull over)

Goal 4: Movement quality – 4 sessions

1.Wringing - sticky spider web / percussive - Maori haka

Goal 5: Sequencing – 4+ sessions

1. twisty descent – sumo – open wrap – chest back bend; s-wrap rock and roll flow

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

Do you have a video on your presses? :)

Yes sure, I made you a wee sample of this morning :D

1 rep - link - rep up to fall (I fall on a sofa)
1 rep - link - rep 2 - link but failing for 3rd rep
and the ball press

• Like 3

On 13/02/2018 at 10:40 AM, @mu said:

Parfait :P  No worry, I see what you mean, when I read some technical posts here, I'm also like: what the heck is a Gemini :lol: (pole dancers hello :D ). I google image things, but sometimes I just move on. 

Gemini = hanging upside down by one knee and holding on for dear life, preferably with your eyes closed so you can pretend it’s not really happening.

• Haha 2
On 13/02/2018 at 10:40 AM, @mu said:

ha ha je me demandais justement, à cause d'Engrenages. Dans ce cas, je peux te filer un lien pour la saison 6, mais c'est VF only, il comprend le français ton mari aussi?
Tu écris super bien en tout cas, ça sonne natif quoi!

Merci!

Le lien pour la saison 6 pourrait éventuellement m’intéresser mais pour l’instant je viens de regarder l’épisode 3 de la saison 5.  Mon mari ne comprend que quelques mots et phrases simples de français - le mieux serait donc d’attendre la mise en vente de la saison 6 VF sous titré anglais en DVD. 

Il y a des Français qui parlent super bien l’anglais.  C’était souvent les moins doués qui étaient les plus désobligeants.  Je m’amusais à trouver des fautes en le français écrit des Français - ex: “je vous serais gré” -> “je vous saurais gré”, “je pourrais” -> “je pourrai”, “le différent” -> “le différend”.  That shut them up!

• Like 1
On 14/02/2018 at 5:04 AM, Asuka said:

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Avec les accents et tout !!! Trop impressionnee !!

J'ai travaille au Quebec pendant longtemps - Personne ne devrait se moquer de l'accent de qui que ce soit. 

GRAVE.

On a demande a un mec francais de ma division de parler anglais plus lentement parce que les clients ne comprenaient pas ce qu'il disait... "As you cane see in ze presentation.." Horrible.

Ce n’est pas facile les accents avec le texte prédictive!

J’ai rencontré une Québécoise au Canada en vacances et elle avait du mal à me comprendre!  The feeling was mutual!

• Like 1

I do like the ball presses a lot. I feel like your legs/toes look EXTRA ENGAGED. How do they feel comparatively? :D 

Raptron, alot assassin

5 hours ago, @mu said:

Yes sure, I made you a wee sample of this morning :D

1 rep - link - rep up to fall (I fall on a sofa)
1 rep - link - rep 2 - link but failing for 3rd rep
and the ball press

Yay<3 Havnt done theese in a while wonder if I can still do them. If I get time to try one of the day I’ll send the fail :D awesome work!

Be like water my friend

17 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

C’était souvent les moins doués qui étaient les plus désobligeants.

Ha ha I think you hit a universal truth here :D

Le lien pour la saison 6 pourrait éventuellement m’intéresser mais pour l’instant je viens de regarder l’épisode 3 de la saison 5.  Mon mari ne comprend que quelques mots et phrases simples de français - le mieux serait donc d’attendre la mise en vente de la saison 6 VF sous titré anglais en DVD. 

okidok!

Ce n’est pas facile les accents avec le texte prédictive!
J’ai rencontré une Québécoise au Canada en vacances et elle avait du mal à me comprendre!  The feeling was mutual!

:D Canadians have amazing swear words though.

Btw my studio is about to open up a second venue, with silks being the next big thing!  (Ceilings are a lot higher, meaning it’s going to be more doable.). I might end up being tempted...

That's a great news! I haven't checked out the gymnastics space I was told about yet, but I already know the opening times will not be compatible with my working hours... it kinda bummed me. I should still have a look though. Maybe I could find ways around.

12 hours ago, raptron said:

I do like the ball presses a lot. I feel like your legs/toes look EXTRA ENGAGED. How do they feel comparatively? :D 

Pressing with the ball is a killer! It's bloody HARD.
But I'm hoping that, yes, it will fix my tendency for dead fish feet. It's a great leg straightener.

12 hours ago, Norgaard said:

Yay<3 Havnt done theese in a while wonder if I can still do them. If I get time to try one of the day I’ll send the fail :D awesome work!

Have a go, fail or not, you might surprise yourself actually!
I'm still too weak to hold a proper bent arm press shape.I can't get my arms at a 90 deg angle and hold there. Hence the reps and assisted HSPUs, but it might take a while!

• Like 1

KITTYYYY <3 <3 <3

On 2/16/2018 at 8:02 AM, @mu said:

But I'm hoping that, yes, it will fix my tendency for dead fish feet. It's a great leg straightener.

Umm I couldn't agree less about you having dead fish feet, but it does look like a great exercise.

A hint for googling pole dancing terms - use IG and add the hashtag prefix pd like #pdgemini. Of course there are a bazillion variations of all the tricks and there's five names for everything, but it works pretty well.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip!

Well the sluggishness / meh feelings were just preliminaries it seems. I'm now completely under :moody:  and a total zombie :mask: I can barely get out of my bed and my voice is very broken / almost gone. See you later when I have resurfaced :grey: