Jump to content

Roll with the punches and HIIT back hard [Endor]


Endor

Recommended Posts

 

Goals:

- No Alcohol

- 1 hour walk or 1 hour gym every day

- Track Calories

- "Never 2 in a row"

 

Big shift in my training this challenge, I got injured (again) and decided I am no longer doing Crossfit training with a Personal Trainer. I'll be going to F45 classes instead and training weights at home. I have signed up for the Crossfit Open but I'm not sure at this stage whether I will take part because I'm carrying a bicep tendon impingement injury which prevents me from doing any overhead or bicep work. 

 

The overall goal at the moment is body composition, specifically losing fat. 

 

Bonus motivators:

1. I'm in a weight loss competition with a friend at work from 6 Feb to 27 Feb, every 500g one of us loses more than the other is $5 you owe them. (This is a repeat, I crushed him in January in case you were wondering!)

2. I've entered an 8 week challenge at my new F45 gym, which runs 29 Jan to 25 March

3. I've set myself up for success with (another) 20 pre-packed Paleo meals.

4. In a PvP with @Baxtan which is a race to see who can lose 7kg (15.4lbs) first.

Current status:

Starting weight 93.0kg

Current Weigh in: 88.9kg

PVP progress: 4.1kg lost, 2.9kg to go. 

 

Super secret (not so secret) Open motivation

Spoiler

 

Send the little Greek fella back to Sparta with his tail between his legs :P 

 


 

 

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

         Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

      

                    Feb-March 2022 Challenge

   

Link to comment
18 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

No idea what this is, but F45 sounds like a fighter jet, so I'll stick with that mental image.

I'm a jet farter so you're pretty close there :lol:  It's 45 mins of Functional fitness usually 40 secs on 20 off. Basically it's a 45 min EMOM with bodyweight or light weight. 

 

I'm loving the fact I get access to 7 classes every day and I pick whichever one I want. It's also kicking my ass big time in the cardio department, I htought my metcon game wasn't too bad, turns out it's piss weak. 

 

18 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

241j01.jpg

 

Well 5 RX reps,  one in each WOD should cover that off. ;):P 

 

  • Haha 1

         Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

      

                    Feb-March 2022 Challenge

   

Link to comment

Week 7 - Day 1 (Monday)

- No Alcohol  :apple:

- 1 hour walk or 1 hour gym every day :apple:

- Track Calories :apple:

- "Never 2 in a row" :apple:

 

F45 -  6:30am class

 

 

Week 7 - Day 2 (Tuesday)

- No Alcohol  :apple:

- 1 hour walk or 1 hour gym every day :apple:

- Track Calories :apple:

- "Never 2 in a row" :apple:

 

 

Week 7 - Day 3 (Wednesday)

- No Alcohol  :apple:

- 1 hour walk or 1 hour gym every day :apple:

- Track Calories :apple:

- "Never 2 in a row" :apple:

 

F45 - 9.30 class, Docklands - pretty intense cardio session, kicked my ass. 

 

Don't think I'm eating enough calories so going to up it a little bit. Eating clean is making it hard to get enough so i'm starting to use bananas and protein powder for shakes. Little worried this is going to slow my weight loss but we'll see. 

 

I'm enjoying Spotify so far, found some good new music already. 

 

  • Like 5

         Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

      

                    Feb-March 2022 Challenge

   

Link to comment

Look at all those green apples! How do you encorporate your walks into your life? It's something I've wanted to do but up until very recently I have not been successful (and may still not be successful - 2 in a row isn't a habit yet!)

  • Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

 

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, EmeraldEagle said:

Look at all those green apples! How do you encorporate your walks into your life? It's something I've wanted to do but up until very recently I have not been successful (and may still not be successful - 2 in a row isn't a habit yet!)

The trick is to do them :P  I walk either early before work, like 6am or late at night like 6 or 7pm. I've also got a dog and I have to be careful not to overheat him in summer. If I'm not out the door by 7am then it's too late and i have to go in the evening. I work from home a lot which helps. Sometimes I will even go at 8 or 9pm, if you want it bad enough you'll do it, anyway that's better than watching TV if your goal is weight loss ;) (mine is). Also my dog is a total mental case and if I don't walk him he's a massive pain and if I do he's a wonderful little fella, no brainer!  

  • Like 4

         Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

      

                    Feb-March 2022 Challenge

   

Link to comment

Since you got me started....I read an article recently about how when you are walking your dog don't listen to music or look at your phone. His walk is his chance to be with you doing his favorite thing, to hang out with you and communicate with you. Would be pretty rude to do that if you were walking with a friend wouldn't it? Well he is your friend :) I make sure I give him heaps of attention and direction on our walks and he absolutely loves it. Man there is not much better in the world than hanging out with a dog who loves you and showing him you love him right back :love_heart::dog:

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

         Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

      

                    Feb-March 2022 Challenge

   

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Endor said:

Well 5 RX reps,  one in each WOD should cover that off. ;):P 

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shots fired gif

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shots fired gif

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sparrow running gif

 

EDIT:

 

Forgot to introduce myself, but basically i'm with Tank:

 

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm just here to see D_R and Endor troll each other.

 

And for the CF of course!

 

EDIT2:

Curious what this means...

On 6-2-2018 at 6:37 AM, Endor said:

- "Never 2 in a row"

 

  • Like 3

... a little odd in the head ...

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Endor said:

Since you got me started....I read an article recently about how when you are walking your dog don't listen to music or look at your phone. His walk is his chance to be with you doing his favorite thing, to hang out with you and communicate with you. Would be pretty rude to do that if you were walking with a friend wouldn't it? Well he is your friend :) I make sure I give him heaps of attention and direction on our walks and he absolutely loves it. Man there is not much better in the world than hanging out with a dog who loves you and showing him you love him right back :love_heart::dog:

 

Thanx for this great insight, i never looked at it like that. Ours just loves me. To be fair he loves everyone, but me the most. I really have to make a video of me coming home from work once.

 

But your post completely makes sense, i'm gonna walk the pooch more, with a lot more attention for him.

  • Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Endor said:

Well 5 RX reps,  one in each WOD should cover that off. ;):P 

Unless the WOD is a 1 rep max attempt, a single rep does not count as a workout.

 

1 hour ago, Endor said:

Since you got me started....I read an article recently about how when you are walking your dog don't listen to music or look at your phone. His walk is his chance to be with you doing his favorite thing, to hang out with you and communicate with you. Would be pretty rude to do that if you were walking with a friend wouldn't it? Well he is your friend :) I make sure I give him heaps of attention and direction on our walks and he absolutely loves it. Man there is not much better in the world than hanging out with a dog who loves you and showing him you love him right back :love_heart::dog:

That is correct. Walks are all of that, plus a bonding experience. Don't make it a chore. Also, dogs are awesome.

  • Like 3

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Endor said:

The trick is to do them :P  I walk either early before work, like 6am or late at night like 6 or 7pm. I've also got a dog and I have to be careful not to overheat him in summer. If I'm not out the door by 7am then it's too late and i have to go in the evening. I work from home a lot which helps. Sometimes I will even go at 8 or 9pm, if you want it bad enough you'll do it, anyway that's better than watching TV if your goal is weight loss ;) (mine is). Also my dog is a total mental case and if I don't walk him he's a massive pain and if I do he's a wonderful little fella, no brainer!  

That is a good perspective, and one I should remember. I think partnered with that I need to get more sleep (mainly go to bed earlier) because I struggle to get up in the mornings and fit it in before work at the moment. 

2 hours ago, Endor said:

Since you got me started....I read an article recently about how when you are walking your dog don't listen to music or look at your phone. His walk is his chance to be with you doing his favorite thing, to hang out with you and communicate with you. Would be pretty rude to do that if you were walking with a friend wouldn't it? Well he is your friend :) I make sure I give him heaps of attention and direction on our walks and he absolutely loves it. Man there is not much better in the world than hanging out with a dog who loves you and showing him you love him right back :love_heart::dog:

Having just adopted out puppy we are working hard to bond with her at the moment, particularly as she is a rescue who had a rough start in life. The only time I pull out my phone is when I'm taking photos of her cuteness ;) 

 

56 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

 

Thanx for this great insight, i never looked at it like that. Ours just loves me. To be fair he loves everyone, but me the most. I really have to make a video of me coming home from work once.

 

But your post completely makes sense, i'm gonna walk the pooch more, with a lot more attention for him.

Yay! Pooch walking friends :)

13 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Unless the WOD is a 1 rep max attempt, a single rep does not count as a workout.

 

That is correct. Walks are all of that, plus a bonding experience. Don't make it a chore. Also, dogs are awesome.

Quoted for emphasis of the truth. 

  • Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

 

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Link to comment

You know what else is awesome? A ball, that's the most awesome because when you're done playing it with you can rip it to shreds and then have a snooze [emoji38]5098749651106f5a31a4b4bbe6c69def.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

         Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

      

                    Feb-March 2022 Challenge

   

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Endor said:

You know what else is awesome? A ball, that's the most awesome because when you're done playing it with you can rip it to shreds and then have a snooze emoji38.png5098749651106f5a31a4b4bbe6c69def.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

 

LOL

 

We have found a solution for this, ours just has 2 toys:

 

1. A black kong (XL), which we bought a size to large for him, cause he chewed the one we had left from our old dog (L) in half. But now after about a 2 years, he is again chewing parts of of it.

 KONG Extreme Zwart

2. Nylabone Big Chew, which is for dogs 25 KG and up (ours is 25 KG). And it takes him about 9 months to reduce it about 1/3 of the size.

Nylabone BIg Chew Beef bone hondenkluif NBC101

 

We also have a "springpole" but i haven't reinstalled it yet, as with our new garage we don't have a lot of space to place it.

(not our dog, but he does like a lot like it)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor springpole dog gif

 

 

  • Like 4

... a little odd in the head ...

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Curious what this means...

On 06/02/2018 at 4:37 PM, Endor said:

- "Never 2 in a row"

 

Over the course of around 30 challenges I've discovered that Momentum is one of the key drivers of success. Never 2 in a row means if I slip up on one of my goals I don't let it happen again the next day. I get right back into it. 

 

Here's @Steve from 5 years ago to talk you through it

 

(look at all that hair :P )  

 

tumblr_nz9qfnjmUa1uajjoao1_500.gif

 

The Hard Hat post on this also explained it:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/the-30-day-hard-hat-challenge/

 

  • Like 3

         Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

      

                    Feb-March 2022 Challenge

   

Link to comment
13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Unless the WOD is a 1 rep max attempt, a single rep does not count as a workout.

Well actually it often does...the only time it doesn't is if there is a minimum work requirement but that's not all the time. 

 

13 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

I need to get more sleep (mainly go to bed earlier)

Sleep is so underrated, especially if you're exercising. Makes a huge difference to my energy and mood if I get a good sleep in. Early-ish bedtime, no alcohol and a bedtime routine are the best ways for me to get a good sleep. 

 

13 hours ago, EmeraldEagle said:

Having just adopted out puppy we are working hard to bond with her at the moment, particularly as she is a rescue who had a rough start in life.

Willow looks super cute, I'm sure you'll bond quickly. I'm told that females bond mainly with one person and males with the whole pack so will be interesting to see who Willow likes best after she's been with you for a while (doing most of the walking and feeding will definitely get you in the good books if you want to get one up!). Is she your first dog? 

 

12 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

A black kong

We tried these when he was a pup, he just wasn't interested. He is totally ball obsessed though, he'll do anything for a ball. Usually I get him the bouncy rubber balls and it takes a month or two for him to finally wear it out and rip it up. The one in the pic was a stressball, guess it must have worked as we went right to sleep after shredding it :lol: 

 

The pole thing looks good, I think he'd love that. 

 

9 hours ago, zenLara said:

Following the master!

Hola chica que pasa?! OK you have experienced 80% of my Spanish vocab now :) Good to have you along. 

  • Like 2

         Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

      

                    Feb-March 2022 Challenge

   

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Endor said:

 

Sleep is so underrated, especially if you're exercising. Makes a huge difference to my energy and mood if I get a good sleep in. Early-ish bedtime, no alcohol and a bedtime routine are the best ways for me to get a good sleep. 

I KNOW sleep is good for me, particularly for recovery, time just seems to disappear very quickly in the evenings...

 

2 hours ago, Endor said:

Willow looks super cute, I'm sure you'll bond quickly. I'm told that females bond mainly with one person and males with the whole pack so will be interesting to see who Willow likes best after she's been with you for a while (doing most of the walking and feeding will definitely get you in the good books if you want to get one up!). Is she your first dog? 

I think she's already more connected to my husband, despite me doing all the hard work :P I'm OK with them having a stronger bond as long as I get to be part of the pack! I grew up with dogs in the family but she is our first dog together (we got married 18 months ago and had to dog-proof our backyard before we could think about getting a dog.) 

 

  • Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

 

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Endor said:

Over the course of around 30 challenges I've discovered that Momentum is one of the key drivers of success. Never 2 in a row means if I slip up on one of my goals I don't let it happen again the next day. I get right back into it. 

 

Here's @Steve from 5 years ago to talk you through it

 

(look at all that hair :P )  

 

tumblr_nz9qfnjmUa1uajjoao1_500.gif

 

The Hard Hat post on this also explained it:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/the-30-day-hard-hat-challenge/

 

Thanks for the reminder. And good luck on the challenge! I hope your injury heals alright.

 

16 hours ago, Endor said:

You know what else is awesome? A ball, that's the most awesome because when you're done playing it with you can rip it to shreds and then have a snooze emoji38.png5098749651106f5a31a4b4bbe6c69def.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

Awwwwwwww 

Also, I second the kong toys. They're super tough for chew toys 

  • Like 1

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Endor said:

The Hard Hat post on this also explained it:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/the-30-day-hard-hat-challenge/

 

Thanx! I set some wheels in motion!

 

Spoiler

Let me take you back to early in the year 2016... I was lifting pretty solidly at the end of 2015. And the post about the hard hat, especially the part from Seinfeld took me back to memory lane, more specific to this thing i posted here on NF:

 

YZykDGh.png

 

I remembered cause i was pretty proud of it. I need to get back to that feeling. So i have conjured up a nice spreadsheet calendar which will be printed on a large piece of paper and i will hang it in my garage/homegym (a.k.a. as ManCave).

 

I've been struggling with my running vs lifting, which in the end make me skip both more than i wanted.

 

This stops now...

 

  • Like 3

... a little odd in the head ...

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Endor said:

He is totally ball obsessed though, he'll do anything for a ball.

This made me laugh so much and I wanted to find you a cute gif about it, but before I typed it I feared what google could show me with "ball obsessed" and decided to drop it :D

 

12 hours ago, Endor said:

Hola chica que pasa?! OK you have experienced 80% of my Spanish vocab now

Well, you can only go up from there :D

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, zenLara said:

This made me laugh so much and I wanted to find you a cute gif about it, but before I typed it I feared what google could show me with "ball obsessed" and decided to drop it :D

 

 

playingfetch.jpg&f=1

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

 

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Link to comment

 This made me laugh so much and I wanted to find you a cute gif about it, but before I typed it I feared what google could show me with "ball obsessed" and decided to drop it [emoji3]

 

 

 

Oh no, maybe it's because he had his balls removed at 6 months old!! :horror:

 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2

         Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

      

                    Feb-March 2022 Challenge

   

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines