Roll with the punches and HIIT back hard [Endor]

Endor

AWWWWW. Congratulations on this big achievement!! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

14 hours ago, Endor said:

It occurred to me near the start of the class that I've been half-assing some of the exercises. Like stopping when there's 3 secs to go instead of working all the way to the buzzer or not putting in my full effort, like jogging on sprints. I worked hard today on everything and all the way to the bell when I was capable. Much harder class like that and got a lot more out of it. 

That's the way to go!

Congratulations on the pets' achievement!

• Like 1

When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be.

Week 9 - Day 7 (Sunday)

- No Alcohol  :apple:

- 1 hour walk or 1 hour gym every day :mad-new:

- Track Calories :mad-new:

- "Never 2 in a row" :mad-new:

Woops. Wife brought home 2 pots of Halo Top, a packet of choloate hobnobs and pack of hot cross buns because some friends were dropping in for coffee who have 2 young kids. Parents said no ice cream so all of that was leftover as well as half a pack of choc biscuits and 2 hot cross buns. Ate the lot except about 6 biscuits. 

Rained all day so no walkies. 

Week 10 - Day 1 (Monday)

- 1 hour walk or 1 hour gym every day :apple:

- Track Calories :apple:

- "Never 2 in a row" :apple:

Had a couple of the leftover biscuits then realised I was going to eat them all and threw them in the trash. Wife wasn't happy as she likes to have one now and again but it had to be done. 

Did another F45 class. 

PvP weigh in: 86.4kg  only 0.4kg to go!! 

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 10 - Day 1 (Tuesday)

F45 class this morning, tougher one. Resistance on Tues/Thurs. 

The big news........DEXA day!

A good result, I've dropped 4.5kg of fat mass since 9 Jan, also lost 1.3kg of muscle but that's to be expected given I'm not training any upper body with my shoulder injury. 

Most importantly I cut my visceral fat in half and am now in normal range, this is the stuff that is a predictor of heart attack and diabetes and was my key reason for weight loss this time, very happy to see that number.  Also now in normal range for BF%, scan tells me 24%, not sure how accurate this is but I want it under 20, that will be the goal for the next scan in 7 weeks time. 

I can't quite believe I've been off the booze for 58 days straight, had such a big impact on the my health. Reckon I will stick to my guns and try to go sub 80 kg's. I might change this if I find I'm losing too much muscle instead of fat but we'll see. I have an end of challenge gym scan in 4 weeks time, not as comprehensive as a Dexa but will still give me an idea of what's going on. 

The new gym has it's key focus on fat loss and that's what I want. Increasingly I'm realising that the Crossfit box I was attending was just not rounded enough, all the focus was on training and strength, no clear guidance on nutrition and not really that interested in your personal goals other than lip service. I should have seen it a lot earlier but I did enjoy the training. Anyway the training I'm doing now is better aligned with my goals so life is good. 

• Like 7

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Had an ultrasound this afternoon, turns out it's not a tendon issue. Diagnosed as shoulder bursitis. I'll go to the dr to see what he thinks I should do, guy that did the scan told me the options are to take an inflammatories, rest and do physio exercises then if that doesn't work a cortizone shot. I'm  not really keen on a cortizone shot, need to find out more about it though.

This has really underlined to me that my coach had gotten lazy and was not programming for my needs. I'm quite annoyed that the programming has put me in this position as I never would have done the exercise that caused this on my own. Anyway at least I've done something about it and moved gyms. Now I need to heal this and move on. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 10 - Day 1 (Wednesday)

Just another day in paradise. Actually my resolve is weakening and I had a pretty bad motivation day but I stuck to the plan. My shoulder scan results were supposed to be available but have not been sent to the Dr. Did some exercises I found on the internet, slept really badly up half the night with shoulder pain. :rolleyes: 

Now for the good news....

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

PVP update with @Baxtan

Gandalf-Greets-His-Fellow-Warriors-In-Lo

Rangers, release arrows!

22579078.gif

Slay the warrior scum!

5384848-animation+245.gif

Weighed in at 86.0 this morning! 

mv6Dp8e.gif

Get the girl!

22902be9be09e945c2dd5b6dd53edaa8.gif

For the glory of the Guild!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Well done on sticking to the plan, that can be tough! Also, amazing PvP victory!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Week 10 - Day 1 (Thursday)

F45 class.

Week 10 - Day 1 (Friday)

- 1 hour walk or 1 hour gym every day :strawberry:

Lazy day, also ate a whole pot of Halo Top whilst watching the open announcement :shame:

Week 10 - Day 1 (Saturday)

Had planned to do an F45 class at 8.30 but woke up at 5 and couldn't sleep so i got up and did the 6.15 class. It was rammed, who are these freaks up so early on a Saturday?! Got partnered with a lady about my age and we got chatting a little bit, seems nice hope I run into her again. I think her husband goes as well. 

Got a poker game tonight at a friend's place, should be fun. Hoping I win again as they will all be blind drunk and me sober as a judge :) 

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 27/2/2018 at 1:49 AM, Endor said:

A good result, I've dropped 4.5kg of fat mass since 9 Jan, also lost 1.3kg of muscle but that's to be expected given I'm not training any upper body with my shoulder injury. 

Most importantly I cut my visceral fat in half and am now in normal range,

This is AWESOME! Congratulations!

On 28/2/2018 at 10:09 PM, Endor said:

Actually my resolve is weakening and I had a pretty bad motivation day but I stuck to the plan.

Then is when you show what you're made of!

On 28/2/2018 at 10:29 PM, Endor said:

Weighed in at 86.0 this morning! 

Resultado de imagen de congratulations dance celebration gif

On 2/3/2018 at 10:32 PM, Endor said:

Hoping I win again as they will all be blind drunk

You are a mean man, sir :D 

• Like 1

Week 10 - Day 7 (Sunday)

Didn't win the poker last night but had a good time and met some nice new people. 

Took the dog for a walk along the waterfront, he loved it and even found a ball which made his day! 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 11 - Day 1 (Monday)

Weigh in: 85.7kg 

Steady gradual weight loss, just what I'm after.

I won the weight loss comp with my colleaugue, he owes me about $50. I still have 5.8kg to lose and need some motivation/accountability so I've extended it to 26th March and taken him on at double or nothing. He'll either be paying me $100 or $0 which should be a good motivator for him and although i've got nothing to lose, $100 would definitely come in handy! 

Bought a $300 shed second hand on ebay for $40 which a mate helped me move with his ute, pretty chuffed with that ;) 

Been selling off more crap on ebay, amazing what you have laying around that you never use. We also had a small windfall which has helped boost us up, now hustled up $1841 towards our $2k emergency money and my PS2 is currently (relisted due to non-payer scum) at $87 so getting really close!

Scored 2 tix for Stereophonics, one of my all time fave live bands, at the Opera House in April, going to be epic!!

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

7 hours ago, Endor said:

I won the weight loss comp with my colleaugue, he owes me about $50. I still have 5.8kg to lose and need some motivation/accountability so I've extended it to 26th March and taken him on at double or nothing. He'll either be paying me $100 or $0 which should be a good motivator for him and although i've got nothing to lose, $100 would definitely come in handy! 

Nice going! 

• Like 1

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

13 hours ago, zenLara said:

Oh the happiness!

He had total disbelief at his fortune! :lol: I don't let him play with them very often because he's obsessed, like mentally ill obsessed where he won't eat or drink or do anything apart from BALL! OMG BALL!

9 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Nice going! 

Thanks Rho :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 11 - Day 2 (Tuesday)

Woke up at 4:30am with this fkin shoulder pain, it's seriously impacting my sleep quality, very annoying. Started thinking about work and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and did some work and then some more work and then more. Very productive day which has alleviated a lot of stress.

I was sooooo tired and crabby by the end of the day because I'd been up so early. Took the munchkin for a walk and then decided to man up and get to the gym as I swerved it yesterday. Did an F45 class and felt so much better afterwards. Cooked dinner for my wife, watched some IT crowd and sunk into my bed at 9pm, soooo  nice to get in bed! Geez I must be getting old....

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Week 11 - Day 3 (Wednesday)

- Track Calories :strawberry:

Week 11 - Day 4 (Thursday)

- Track Calories :strawberry:

- "Never 2 in a row" :strawberry:

Out of the blue I bought and ate a whole big bag of corn chips :flustered:

Week 11 - Day 5 (Friday)

My motivation is waning badly, I'm tired of having to concentrate on my goals all the time and I'm really over cooking so much. Also had some big cravings for red wine again this week, weird I thought it would be beer that I missed the most.

I'm still getting results and dropping weight but I could really do with a week off everything. I have 2 more weeks of my F45 challenge to go and they are the most important ones as they're the "shock your body finisher" to the challenge and i have the body scan at the end. The meal plans look like it's basically extremely low carb for 2 weeks. I'm not looking forward to it. 

I think the fact I have committed to have alcohol at my friend's birthday is what's sapped my resolve. Now I have an imminent date for it I just want to be there already, it was easier when it was open ended. 

Need to get to the gym tonight to try to motivate myself again, haven't been for a couple of days. 

Shoulder is improving overall but I still have bad days, or more accurately bad nights, I woke up at 4:30am with it again last night and couldn't get back to sleep so I'm real tired today. 

I bought a second hand shed which I'll be assembling over the weekend, looking forward to having some more storage space. 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 06/02/2018 at 9:03 PM, DarK_RaideR said:

241j01.jpg

I think this is what's in the back of my mind too, tail between my legs at being injured again and not able to take part in the Open funz. I'm still secretly hoping one workout might come up that I can do....

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 3/9/2018 at 12:07 AM, Endor said:

My motivation is waning badly, I'm tired of having to concentrate on my goals all the time and I'm really over cooking so much. Also had some big cravings for red wine again this week, weird I thought it would be beer that I missed the most.

Sorry to hear you've hit that motivation wall. Motivation is a fickle, fickle being. It's discipline that will help you stay the course. Think of the body scan result, your PvP with your co worker, etc. If you need to, maybe take a week or a few days off after that?

I hear you on the cooking thing. I'm over it, and it's been a week. Bleh. 

• Thanks 1

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Volume I: Courage

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27

On 9/3/2018 at 1:07 AM, Endor said:

I think the fact I have committed to have alcohol at my friend's birthday is what's sapped my resolve. Now I have an imminent date for it I just want to be there already, it was easier when it was open ended. 

It is so weird how brains work. Do you think you can find some way to trick it back into your previous intention?

If you need motivation, man, read your previous messages, your accomplishments, you've had a great challenge. And as Rhovaniel says, when motivation falters, it's time for discipline.

• Like 1