Shy Takes A Second

shy

Well done ! You show those sore back and crappy ankles who's boss!!! :)

• Like 2

Iceburner

Lvl. 7 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 2 Rebel)

STR: 13.25 ~ DEX: 6.5 ~STA: 14.25 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 10

Current Quest: #9 - Finding the balance in mind and body

Battle Log

Finished Quest (challenge): #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #8

Aborted Quest (challenge): #6

"Kaizen!!!" 

weight loss goal (92kg -> 87kg): |----------------------->| (currently 86.3)

waist loss goal (109cm -> 94cm): |--------->____________| (currently 103)

pull-ups (0 -> 10): |->____________________| (currently 0)

push-ups (0 -> 50): |------>_______________| (currently 12)

Is it super dorky I do counter push ups and squats while I wait on the microwave in the morning?? 'Cause it feels pretty dorky... 

BTW, speaking as a fat girl, I'm REALLY looking forward to the day people aren't surprised that I exercise.  <_<

Back feels better today! Yay! Gonna' go for another 3 miles in a bit. The weather is getting warmer so I might go for a walk in the park again but I've gotten spoiled to having AC and a nearby bathroom. ;) 

Have an awesome Friday everyone!!! :D 

this-is-my-friday-face-its-meme.jpg.fe11a47641282b860768964357b4fe58.jpg

• Like 3

Start Weight:  226.5   |   Goal Weight:  180   |   Current Weight:  220

Shy Takes A Second

Walk To Mordor And Back Again 2018

Note to self.. check out Darebee!! Other cool stuff to check out, Zombies! Run!

34 minutes ago, shy said:

BTW, speaking as a fat girl, I'm REALLY looking forward to the day people aren't surprised that I exercise.  <_<

People are all too accustomed to seeing people (themselves especially.....) making pledges to exercise and they last about 3 weeks. Especially this time of year. It's projection and it'll pass. 

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2 minutes ago, Urgan said:

People are all too accustomed to seeing people (themselves especially.....) making pledges to exercise and they last about 3 weeks. Especially this time of year. It's projection and it'll pass. 

When I told a friend, at the beginning of the year, my New Year's resolution was to exercise she laughed. She said, "When it starts to hurt, you'll give up." True, my weight loss has been less than stellar but I work out every day and now can walked a solid hour covering the equivalent of 3 miles on the treadmill. If I walked much faster I'd be jogging. lol Unfortunately I shouldn't jog or run without consulting with a doctor first. ;) My waist is trimmer, my arms are less jiggly, and I have no intention of giving up. I'm genuinely excited to see what it'll be like by the end of the year. :D 

Speaking of which.. time to stretch and then off to the gym!

• Like 4

Shy Takes A Second

Your goals look awesome, and I love your positive attitude! :D  

3 hours ago, shy said:

When I told a friend, at the beginning of the year, my New Year's resolution was to exercise she laughed. She said, "When it starts to hurt, you'll give up." True, my weight loss has been less than stellar but I work out every day and now can walked a solid hour covering the equivalent of 3 miles on the treadmill. If I walked much faster I'd be jogging. lol Unfortunately I shouldn't jog or run without consulting with a doctor first. ;) My waist is trimmer, my arms are less jiggly, and I have no intention of giving up. I'm genuinely excited to see what it'll be like by the end of the year. :D 

This is so awesome.  I love your response even though she laughed.  We all start somewhere, and while the weight loss is the end goal, the habits you're building to get there are the important part!  You're doing so beautifully with this challenge!  Keep going!  Can't wait to see all the things you achieve! :D   

• Like 2

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

1 hour ago, Jlailin said:

This is so awesome.  I love your response even though she laughed.  We all start somewhere, and while the weight loss is the end goal, the habits you're building to get there are the important part!  You're doing so beautifully with this challenge!  Keep going!  Can't wait to see all the things you achieve! :D   

Thanks!!.. -a tad embarassed- :D

5a71c897c7421_Thanks_bcf4d8d99acc4ed0e9633852c94d1108.jpg.4622a57ff225bc9929daa8cdf8e72df3.jpg

• Like 2

Shy Takes A Second

7 hours ago, shy said:

Sadly, this I understand. I get told this so much, and while my changes are not as fast as yours, I do see them. Keep up the good work. Its great feeling when you see the difference.

• Like 2

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

22 hours ago, shy said:

Is it super dorky I do counter push ups and squats while I wait on the microwave in the morning?? 'Cause it feels pretty dorky... 

Dude, the other day I did 20 squats whilst brushing my teeth! I was ready for bed but felt like I hadn't exercised enough that day, so I multitasked ;)

Super not cool of your friend to be so doubtful! But your positivity is off the chart, good on you! :D

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Lateral Planet said:

Super not cool of your friend to be so doubtful! But your positivity is off the chart, good on you! :D

It's fine! She and I have been friends a long time. It's just her humor.. ;)

• Like 2

Shy Takes A Second

On 2/16/2018 at 6:45 AM, shy said:

17 hours ago, shy said:

It's fine! She and I have been friends a long time. It's just her humor.. ;)

Damn friends! But hey, use that for fuel. Show them that you will get that last laugh :)

Sorry it took so long to get back to check out your post. The goals are great. Since the 1st, my silent goal is to clean the dishes in the morning. Most times it was days before I would clean them, but this made it even more that I didn't want to do any dishes. Now that I have been getting them done, almost each day, it hasn't been so bad. 

Well, good luck, and I'm following now. Keep on kicking treadmill ass! :)

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Tateman said:

Damn friends! But hey, use that for fuel. Show them that you will get that last laugh :)

Sorry it took so long to get back to check out your post. The goals are great. Since the 1st, my silent goal is to clean the dishes in the morning. Most times it was days before I would clean them, but this made it even more that I didn't want to do any dishes. Now that I have been getting them done, almost each day, it hasn't been so bad. 

Well, good luck, and I'm following now. Keep on kicking treadmill ass! :)

It's fine! I get to rub it in her face now, just a bit. ;)

I loath doing dishes! I used to be really bad about not doing them but now I'm a Mom I try really hard to keep the apartment reasonably tidy. You can't skip a day, though, or you've got a mammoth undertaking in the kitchen.. so no sick days for me. I've been doing much better the last few days so long as I do some after every meal so there's no pile up. I know a lot of people just chuck them in the dishwasher but I just can't. For a couple reasons...

1. The dishwasher is from the Jurassic period and does more to make the dishes dirty than clean.
  2. I don't feel dishwashers actually clean dishes. I ALWAYS scrub them first before running them anyway.

BTW, I applaud you taking your measurements and keeping track. I've done the same but I'm a little shy to post them. Suffice to say my waist is noooooo where near the 26" I had back in the day.  OMG, it's SO easy to get big! It can happen to anyone (especially when you love to cook like me.) ;) 

My husband is also a big guy and I'm really hoping he'll want to join me on my fitness/weight loss journey. I don't just love him (and I do, soooo frickin' much), I need him. If anything happens to him I don't know what we'll do. :( 

Anyway, my little one is awake so my day now begins! Enjoy your 3 day weekend!! :D 

• Like 5

Shy Takes A Second

Oh! I forgot to mention! I finished my Ready Player One audiobook, againnn. (OMG, they screwed up the story soooooooo bad in that movie. I genuinely don't think I should watch it, it'll only make me super annoyed.) So I've decided to start The Hobbit, followed by Lord Of The Rings. Love it, love it, love it! Also it's so fitting with my Walk To Mordor and Back Again challenge. :D

Hv9cy3d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Shy Takes A Second

17 hours ago, Tateman said:

I read the Ready Player One book, I hope the movie is ok. :)

I really enjoyed the book but the trailer for the movie already shows so much they changed. Why is Artemis thin? Where is her birth mark? Why the heck is there a chase scene? Why does Hollywood insist on taking popular books that people love and completely changing them for the movie version? 

I should note my husband says, "Why can't you just enjoy things???" lol Apparently... I'm picky... ;) 

• Like 4

Shy Takes A Second

It sounds like things are going better. I do understand the dish washer that isn't helpful. we had one like that for awhile and I got so mad at it. Could you maybe use half the sink full of soapy water nd put things there as you cook so its already soaking by the time you finish eating?

Keep it up, it sounds like your doing great.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shy said:

I really enjoyed the book but the trailer for the movie already shows so much they changed. Why is Artemis thin? Where is her birth mark? Why the heck is there a chase scene? Why does Hollywood insist on taking popular books that people love and completely changing them for the movie version? 

I should note my husband says, "Why can't you just enjoy things???" lol Apparently... I'm picky... ;) 

Yeah in the trailer, I spotted a character named Tracer from Overwatch. So I think they are gearing it to include media references to today's games as well. Not just mostly Nostalgia type avatars and such.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

It sounds like things are going better. I do understand the dish washer that isn't helpful. we had one like that for awhile and I got so mad at it. Could you maybe use half the sink full of soapy water nd put things there as you cook so its already soaking by the time you finish eating?

Keep it up, it sounds like your doing great.

I gave up on soaking since my husband (gr-bah) likes to remove soaking dishes from the dishwater... and then NOT wash them. -sigh- I still loves him though.. ;) I've been slightly better about keeping on top of dishes however today, not so much. I'm planning on doing more when I get back from the store. 

Also, yay me, I walked me 3 miles again today! I struggled.. so soooo much but I did it!! I want to try for 3 miles on the treadmill everyday if my ankles will cooperate. 

Hope you're having a wonderful day!!! :D 

• Like 5

Shy Takes A Second

6 hours ago, shy said:

I gave up on soaking since my husband (gr-bah) likes to remove soaking dishes from the dishwater... and then NOT wash them. -sigh- I still loves him though.. ;) I've been slightly better about keeping on top of dishes however today, not so much. I'm planning on doing more when I get back from the store. 

That I understand. Hubby does dishes here for me, But I get the laundry. And when we do a load to 2 a day, it backs up fast. I am glad to hear the dishes are getting better. keep it up. Your making progress.

6 hours ago, shy said:

Also, yay me, I walked me 3 miles again today! I struggled.. so soooo much but I did it!! I want to try for 3 miles on the treadmill everyday if my ankles will cooperate. 

Great job on the treadmill. I need to go hit mine tonight. we will see, this Ick I am fighting will determine the walk vs no walk on the treadmill.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shy said:

Well done! :D 

• Like 3

Iceburner

Lvl. 7 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 2 Rebel)

STR: 13.25 ~ DEX: 6.5 ~STA: 14.25 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 10

Current Quest: #9 - Finding the balance in mind and body

Battle Log

Finished Quest (challenge): #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #8

Aborted Quest (challenge): #6

"Kaizen!!!" 

weight loss goal (92kg -> 87kg): |----------------------->| (currently 86.3)

waist loss goal (109cm -> 94cm): |--------->____________| (currently 103)

pull-ups (0 -> 10): |->____________________| (currently 0)

push-ups (0 -> 50): |------>_______________| (currently 12)

Had to cut my walk on the treadmill short today. I've done alright this week but unfortunately my left foot is really giving me trouble. I managed 2 miles on the treadmill instead of 3. Oh well! Absolutely, of course, better than sitting on the sofa... ;)

I could complain about apartment trouble and flooding in the closet, etc., etc. but naaa... the maintenance guys are doing their best to sort things out now anyway.

Oh! I also learned how to poach eggs quite well without the use of a poaching pan. I follow Alton Brown's direction and, despite not having a slotted spoon or a thermometer, I think they turn out really nicely! So no more oil for fried eggs! Sweet! :D 

I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday!

• Like 3

Shy Takes A Second

Getting 2 miles instead of 3 is still a great goal. And your right, its better than the 0 for people who didn't get on a treadmill yesterday (I can say that, I didn't get on mine).

I love how positive your being about the whole apartment issues. Hopefully they will be fixed soon.

That's great that you learned to poach eggs. Its always great to have another option when making food. No matter what it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Getting 2 miles instead of 3 is still a great goal. And your right, its better than the 0 for people who didn't get on a treadmill yesterday (I can say that, I didn't get on mine).

I love how positive your being about the whole apartment issues. Hopefully they will be fixed soon.

That's great that you learned to poach eggs. Its always great to have another option when making food. No matter what it is.

We'll see how it goes today with the treadmill. -fingers crossed-

I don't know if I'm particularly positive regarding the broken AC/flooded apartment but getting mad over it or anything won't help. Hopefully they'll get it sorted today. Could always be worse, at least its not summer! ;)

I always poached using a poaching pan when I was growing up but I don't have one now so I never make them. My daughter LOVES fried eggs but I made her a real poached egg yesterday and she said she liked it just as much. Phew! No more oil wasted and no more oily fatty calories for me. (I try to make eggs and toast or something like that on the weekend for everyone.) :D 

Here's the video I used though I don't have all the same tools and what not... 

• Like 3

Shy Takes A Second