Shy Takes A Second

shy

14 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I like it. It has a good flavor, but I find it really salty. And it can be hard getting it as crispy as I like without overcooking it. It's something I like adding to other things, like a breakfast sandwich, but I don't really eat it by itself. (I don't really remember what real bacon tastes like, because I never really had it that often. So I have no idea how much it tastes like bacon.)

Thanks for the heads up! I actually love the taste of bacon but, ya know, the piggies plus my arteries. ;) 

Progress update!

I really rocked the first challenge but I've been super disappointed in myself on this challenge. I've been exercising several times a week but not every day. My joints are really bitchin' everytime I work out, it's ridiculous. I've been struggling being consistent with housework though the kitchen looks really good right now. Also I've had to start cutting back on sugar. I try to be somewhat positive but not meeting my goals makes me feel annoyed with myself. However if this was a friend I was listening to, telling me these things, I would say it's the effort and forward progress that counts. I'd also say don't be so hard on yourself when your body is giving you trouble, you don't have control over most of what your body does. 

That being said I may have caught something from my daughter. We're both coughing and I've got a sore throat. Hopefully, this is just a cold or allergies. 

fb90070d62576b62d0f66759a205ed60.jpg

• Like 3

Start Weight:  226.5   |   Goal Weight:  180   |   Current Weight:  220

Shy Takes A Second

Walk To Mordor And Back Again 2018

Note to self.. check out Darebee!! Other cool stuff to check out, Zombies! Run!

On 3/10/2018 at 6:51 AM, shy said:

I really rocked the first challenge but I've been super disappointed in myself on this challenge. I've been exercising several times a week but not every day. My joints are really bitchin' everytime I work out, it's ridiculous. I've been struggling being consistent with housework though the kitchen looks really good right now. Also I've had to start cutting back on sugar. I try to be somewhat positive but not meeting my goals makes me feel annoyed with myself. However if this was a friend I was listening to, telling me these things, I would say it's the effort and forward progress that counts. I'd also say don't be so hard on yourself when your body is giving you trouble, you don't have control over most of what your body does. 

That being said I may have caught something from my daughter. We're both coughing and I've got a sore throat. Hopefully, this is just a cold or allergies. 

fb90070d62576b62d0f66759a205ed60.jpg

I'm in a really similar boat and haven't made nearly as much progress this challenge as the last one, - we're moving forward, even if it's inch by inch, and that's still better than standing still or moving backward! :) 

5adf1f_fb52f921da5644f8bc247878c5bb45f5~

• Like 1

MyFitnessPal

7 hours ago, Reinfire said:

I'm in a really similar boat and haven't made nearly as much progress this challenge as the last one, - we're moving forward, even if it's inch by inch, and that's still better than standing still or moving backward! :) 

5adf1f_fb52f921da5644f8bc247878c5bb45f5~

014.jpg.e89171ce5b0b850141dbb8082ac27fe0.jpg

• Like 2

Shy Takes A Second

On 3/13/2018 at 2:09 AM, Tateman said:

Hope you feel better. I had a little bit of the sore throat allergies things going on this last week too.

Hope you feel better too!!

Unfortunately, I'm still quite sick. I thought I was getting better and it was just a cold/sinus infection but now my lungs hurt a bit and I'm coughing a crackly cough. My daughter has had a crackly cough but that's all, thank goodness, no fever. She hasn't had the headaches I've been struggling with also.. oh to be young. No exercise for the past few days as I'm dosed up with Nyquil and resting. We'd better both be well by Monday.. school starts again! I'm looking forward to NOT being sick very soon and getting back on the treadmill.

Pug-Dog-Funny-Sick-Meme-Picture.jpg

Shy Takes A Second

I might have to slip the next challenge mainly due to still being SO sick. We'll see... however I may join late or I might hang out and join the next one. I haven't exercised in several day and I've been pretty much living on NyQuil. I literally can't smell or taste ANYTHING. I can barely detect salt or sweet. :blink:

Love ya'll and wishing you the very best of luck with the next challenge, starting tomorrow!! <3 <3 <3 

12-best-injury-memes-images-on-pinterest-broken-foot-im-broken-on-broken-leg-meme.jpg.a6d104ed8f3f20926dbedbf7707ada25.jpg

Shy Takes A Second

I might have to slip the next challenge mainly due to still being SO sick. We'll see... however I may join late or I might hang out and join the next one. I haven't exercised in several day and I've been pretty much living on NyQuil. I literally can't smell or taste ANYTHING. I can barely detect salt or sweet. :blink:

Love ya'll and wishing you the very best of luck with the next challenge, starting tomorrow!!  
12-best-injury-memes-images-on-pinterest-broken-foot-im-broken-on-broken-leg-meme.jpg.a6d104ed8f3f20926dbedbf7707ada25.jpg
I am sad to hear you are still sick.
We will miss you in the challenge!
What about working with what you got and having an 'easy peasy' challenge with maybe only a food goal?
But make what is best for you to restore full health!

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

12 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I am sad to hear you are still sick.
We will miss you in the challenge!
What about working with what you got and having an 'easy peasy' challenge with maybe only a food goal?
But make what is best for you to restore full health!

Me too, me too. ;) 

Food goal is no issue right now. Avoiding sugar is no problem since I literally can't taste anything. lol Hopefully that'll pass soon, I really wanna' make some vegan nachos! 

As soon as I'm no longer death bed sick.. I"ll start walking again. Whether i want to or not I need to take my daughter to school, starting this morning, so that's kind of a start. :D 

I think I'll revisit the current challenge later in the week when I'm less.. -cough- -hack- -blows nose-. Have an awesome day!!

998c3dac9a040d26e16d35d760b696ee.jpg.83c61654d88cf82134e8231b0b872974.jpg

• Like 2

Shy Takes A Second

Me too, me too. [emoji6] 

Food goal is no issue right now. Avoiding sugar is no problem since I literally can't taste anything. lol Hopefully that'll pass soon, I really wanna' make some vegan nachos! 

As soon as I'm no longer death bed sick.. I"ll start walking again. Whether i want to or not I need to take my daughter to school, starting this morning, so that's kind of a start. [emoji3] 

I think I'll revisit the current challenge later in the week when I'm less.. -cough- -hack- -blows nose-. Have an awesome day!!

998c3dac9a040d26e16d35d760b696ee.jpg.83c61654d88cf82134e8231b0b872974.jpg

Good! Take care of yourself, stay in the warm bed, drink and sleep :)
  • Like 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8