Mrs Van

Everything that is worth it, is an uphill battle!

(Landon Kyker)

I'm standing on this plato. I've already climbed some steep hills the last couple of years, but there are more ahead of me. The last two months' battle was to get back to being strong and fit, as well as the emotional/personal battle which is ongoing. Now to continue on that trail yet improve in some other areas. Then it hit me, there is a huge area which I want to focus on: my personal image!

I won a mother's day makeover prize last year and the change was shocking to say the least. I'm not a makeup, accessories, dress to impress kind of woman, but I can look better and not like a frumpy housewife who doesn't care about herself. Because I do care about myself and by caring about what I look like, I show respect not just to myself but also to God and the people closest to me. So I joined the "Frumpy Fighters". It was put together for moms of all ages, by a mom. I like that in her free 3-day course she places emphasis on spirituality, health and fitness, and then appearance.

Your body is a resource -

• use it,
  • embrace it,
  • maintain it!

I don't just want to build my body, I want to make it look good in clothes too, get some style going. What are the use of gainz if you can't show it off sometimes :P

6a0120a7a97ef7970b0120a7c666cf970b-500pi

GOAL 1A: FIRST 15-

I get up at 5am, put the coffee machine on, start exercising, and then later relax with a mug of coffee and bible study. Unfortunately I don't always get to finish my bible study, or sometimes just don't have time left to do it early morning, before I have to start with breakfast, packing hubby's lunch, clean the kitchen, make the beds, feed the pets, etc. etc. So after listening to pastor Landon Kyker's first sermon on Uphill battles, I decided that I will start my day with First 15: 5min. Bible reading -> 5min. Worship -> 5min. Prayer, and then I'll do my exercises. I'm aiming to start Monday to Friday this way.

GOAL 1B: MORNING EXERCISES (Physical and Mental)-

Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays will be BW exercises at 5am. I can't do it 4 or 5 mornings a week, that is just too much for me. I've tweaked the exercises a little bit from last challenge, and will list them in another post.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are Bible study mornings after First 15, continuing with Joyce Meyer's Win the battle in your mind - 100 thoughts (loosely translated).

2027590_orig.jpg?374

GOAL 2: AFTERNOONS-

Mondays: OFF (Rangers' mini exercises focus)

Tuesdays: Self Defense with the boys - when possible

Wednesdays: Walk long distance

Thursdays: Walk with Adam

Fridays: OFF (Rangers' mini exercises focus) or catch up on my exercises

GOAL 3: FINANCES-

Not just all play, some serious work too: January finances to update.

ea5beffc63bd477709e67e8aa56e9fb7.jpg

GOAL 4: FRUMP TO STYLE-

I have to "style it up" when I go out or stay in. I don't have to dress up, just look neat and hopefully a bit stylish, and NOT like a Frumpy Mama. Focus on the following:

• Basic makeup: mascara and lip gloss/lip stick (the rest will just melt off in this humidity and heat, I tried yesterday);
  • No-frump clothes: neat top and pants/skirt/shorts, or dress. No track suite, oversize t-shirt, etc.;

Aim for 3 days a week, so let's say 10-15 days this challenge. I'll also try to go through some of the style worksheets from Frumpy Fighters and Style for 40+ groups every week.

PRIZE: Sunglasses... (my last pair just broke)

uhura-thumb.jpg

GOAL 5: SLEEP-

I have to go to bed earlier.

• 21h15 finish up whatever I'm doing and get everything ready for next morning (meat out to defrost, start dishwasher, shower, etc.)
  • 21h45 in bed, lights out!
  •  PRIZE: IF I am in bed between 21h15-21h30, then I get a bonus point. For every 5 bonus points I can buy 1x accessory for style
    • scarf
    • bangles
    • ballet flats
    • uuhhhmmm help me think, please I'm not good with this :( or another scarf?

GOAL 6: FUN, FUN, FUN

• The boys and I have this tradition when I buy them new sleeping t-shirts, I get plain ones and then draw a picture on the front of their choosing. Didn't do any last year, but this year there are some tall orders: Yoda with a seagull (because of this YouTube song), Halo's Masterchief, Intro scene from T.A.B.S. (Totally Acrobatic Battle Simulator), an anatomy drawing of the human body (for work we are doing this year). And I wanted a Wonder Woman t-shirt, but decided to make it look like her uniform, not have her face. Those dark lines, maybe some gold applique at the top and bottom... So this is for FUN! Try to finish one t-shirt a week.
  • Serious fun! I have to practice E.D.C. and dry fire drills (drawing and holstering):
    • 1x house drill with Brandt, clearing rooms, getting under cover, changing magazines;
    • 3x morning draw and holster drills when I put my f.a. on
  • And just to have it on, and not forget: Measurements, taken every Sunday morning.

AvengersBlackWidow2-640x372.jpg

Will edit later with pics of stylish superheroes, have to start dinner and feed the pets...

• Like 11

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Whoohoo! I love your goals!

With regard to the makeup etc.
I do find that just a little bit can go a long way! For a long time (like 5 years) I worked in a place where a full face of makeup was part of our dress code (makeup was one of the things we sold). When I quit there, I rebelled against that, and stopped altogether! Now, I wear mascara and darken my brows every day. It's not much, but it makes me feel 1000% more put together and attractive!

• Like 4

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Hey, I'm back and following again :) 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Following along. I sent Landon an email with a link to one of your posts about his sermons. He shared it at the church staff meeting yesterday (I was not there) and everyone was encouraged to see how far reaching the church's impact is.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I loved the t-shirts you did last time. I will have to check out the Frumpy Fighters  page.Currently my go to is I'm skinny so tshirts and jeans or sweats are fine. I'm not even sure I remembered to comb my hair yesterday:redface-new:

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, TGP said:

looks awesome!

and I am happy to be first to the tell you

You got this!...

I'll be reading along.

PS I love the personalized tee shirts.

Thank you and Congratulations on being first! :loyal:

I have to keep all the boys' t-shirts that I've drawn so far. Not allowed to hand them on at all, and they always ask for new ones, so I guess they do like it too :)

1 hour ago, Fonzico said:

Whoohoo! I love your goals!

With regard to the makeup etc.
I do find that just a little bit can go a long way! For a long time (like 5 years) I worked in a place where a full face of makeup was part of our dress code (makeup was one of the things we sold). When I quit there, I rebelled against that, and stopped altogether! Now, I wear mascara and darken my brows every day. It's not much, but it makes me feel 1000% more put together and attractive!

I used light makeup for a couple of years while I was PA for top bosses, but then started developing an allergic reaction with red spots, rashes, etc. on my skin. So I stopped wearing make up all together. Over the years I've tried very expensive to cheap to hyper-allergenic products, but eventually gave up and just stuck to mascara and lipstick/gloss every now and again. So this is attempt no. #ILostCount, to just make myself look a bit better, especially when I go out, but in general too, to make me feel better.

In this heat I can't use much more than mascara (waterproof) and lip-gloss. With the makeover they tinted my brows, so for now they are still darker, but I'll also "colour them in" when the tint finally washes out. Any and all tips are very welcome, because I'm really clueless.

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

Hey, I'm back and following again :) 

Yah! So glad to see you back and on the go again! Shall I set the clock for 5am? :P:pirate:

28 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along. I sent Landon an email with a link to one of your posts about his sermons. He shared it at the church staff meeting yesterday (I was not there) and everyone was encouraged to see how far reaching the church's impact is.

Always great to have you here, Tank. Landon's sermons are a gift. It obviously takes all the staff to make things work, and I'm (and I think a lot of other people too) super glad of and blessed by their efforts. Much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I loved the t-shirts you did last time. I will have to check out the Frumpy Fighters  page.Currently my go to is I'm skinny so tshirts and jeans or sweats are fine. I'm not even sure I remembered to comb my hair yesterday:redface-new:

Thank you! Jeans and t-shirts are fine actually, as long as it is neat t-shirts and not the baggy, hole in the material, or seams pulling out, kind. You know, those really comfortable ones? Nah-uh. Unfortunately the jeans I have are also in the way too much naturally faded category, but at least not torn. So glad I'm not the only one w.r.t. combing, although I pull my hands through my hair so often, I don't need a brush.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dogs are getting along much better with each other. We've also settled into a sort of routine w.r.t. Stampy Cat now. Lucky thing lay in the boys' bedroom for a long time today. It was the coolest room in the house. I was very, very close to lying down on the floor to soak up some of the cold. Eish it was super humid. Average humidity was in the 90s, and is currently 78%. Temperature isn't that high, it's 27C at 18h48 now. Was in the low 30s at 14h00. Anyway... dogs... Missy actually played with Zuzu today. She was jumping around with him and play growling, but as soon as Zuzu became too energetic and snapped too real, too close to her, she would growl or snap back, and the young one got the message: "Older lady in charge here! Mind your manners, young one!" It was so cute to see her like that again!

Rosebud introduced herself to the neighbours' dogs by barking at them. I quieted her, so that she can learn what to bark at, and what not, but the thing that made me laugh was her inquisitiveness w.r.t. the bearded dragons. They were in their outside enclosures, and she just couldn't understand these things! She started off far from the enclosures, crawling closer little by little, until she was right next to the mesh. I would scold her and tell her to back up, and she did! She got up and ran back to where she started from, and the crawling started again :D It was so funny, and continued for more than an hour. She would only change her angle towards the enclosures, but always from a shady spot. She and Snippie also had a run-in, luckily no injuries. It really was a lot of bark and no bite, but the noise and the fear factor of a real injury makes you jump to intervene.

Stampy is in the boys' bedroom most of the day. I take turns to let him go out, with the dogs inside, and them play outside, while he snoozes inside. Luckily cats like to snooze a lot! In the evenings he is either on top of the beardies' inside enclosures (the highest point), or on top of that bookcase I made for him when he was small. Dogs have finally stopped staring at him. That is one unnerving stare!

main-qimg-4c2fa3df0a8cef4dcdbea7065af2f5dog-crouching-iStock_000018734967-335sm1

• Like 8

Following!

Great plan you have laid out.  I am glad to see you are looking to outward appearance as well as inner strength.  I look forward to seeing how this goes. As for EDC, it isn't EDC if you do not EDC.

if you get to this point we may have to do an intervention! :)

edc-too-much-01.jpg

• Like 3

TANSTAAFL!   

What is not gained through labor is paid for in pride!

STR 8/DEX 4/CON 6/INT 8/WIS 8/CHA 6

BATTLE LOG: GREG T and The Temple Of Fe

Greg T. Proclaims " To mediocrity and Beyond! 2018"

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

3 hours ago, GregT. said:

As for EDC, it isn't EDC if you do not EDC.

I'm working on making it EDC, and yes, it isn't EDC at the moment. I have/want to make a bellyband first. Just want to get past this Muddy Princess and other things that seem to clutter my time up, like me sitting and reading to relax instead of sewing.

3 hours ago, GregT. said:

edc-too-much-01.jpg

If I get to this point... let's check how far off I am...

• 1x firearm - check
  • 1x spare magazine - check
  • multi-tool in the car - check
  • pocket knife in my handbag - check
  • I actually want to get a wristwatch again - MMM
  • wallet/purse - check
  • pen - check
  • lip ice - check
  • passport expired, but ID and driver's license always on me - check
  • I almost always have my water bottle (which they don't!)
  • I always have a small first aid kit in the car (they don't have any first aid tools, except maybe to use the stapler to close wounds?)
  • When I start  carrying this every single day, you should start the intervention, especially the grenade :D
  • Like 3

WEEK 0: Monday and Tuesday

GOAL 1A: FIRST 15- Yip, and yip

GOAL 1B: MORNING EXERCISES-

• Monday:
    • Joint Circles 5x each direction
    • Straight leg touch down 5x each leg
    • Side shuffle 4x4m with Goblet Squat at each end, starting with squats 5x @ 10kg (total of 25@10kg) (upped the weight)
    • Front lunges 3x5 (no weights, but upped reps)
    • Side lunges 3x5 (no weights, but upped reps)
    • Diagonal lunges 3x5 (upped reps)
    • Inverted rows 4x5
    • Sit-twist stretch
    • Tricep/Shoulder stretch
  • Tuesday: New routine with dogs was a bit crazy, as well as the fact that Brandt wanted to leave 30min. earlier, so no time for Bible Study (and no, I can't shorten it to just letters. Realised it would mean something totally different. than Bible Study for some people)

Mondays: OFF (Rangers' mini exercises focus)

Tuesdays: Nope

GOAL 3: FINANCES- Not yet

GOAL 4: FRUMP TO STYLE- (Tot.2)

• Monday: Basic makeup (mascara and lip-gloss) lasted, while light foundation and eye shadow melted off. I was sweating so much that by the time we got to the dance studio, I had wiped almost everything off in my attempt to stop the sweat from running in my eyes. We NEED to have the car's aircon fixed!
  • Monday: No-frump clothes - wore long brown shorts to just above my knees with a light yellow button down shirt over the top, with leather sandals. Grumble, grumble, need to paint my toe nails again!
  • Monday: Read style pages in the evening.
  • Tuesday: Basic makeup as I was at home and need to learn to look neat here too.
  • Tuesday: No frump clothes - light blue long shorts with checkered white and various blue stripes blouse. Barefoot - I was at home, some leeway please.

GOAL 5: SLEEP- (Tot.1)

• 21h45 in bed on time: Sunday yes, Monday and Tuesday no
  •  <21h30 early: not yet

• T-shirts: not yet
  • Firearm drills: not yet
  • Bellyband holster: not yet
  • Measurements:
    • weight: 85.5kg (down 1.5kg from start of last challenge!)
    • armL: 32.5cm (same as I started on last challenge)
    • armR: 32.5cm (same)
    • middle: 84cm (down 3cm)
    • butt: 110cm (down 5cm)
    • hips: 115 (down 2cm+-)
    • thighL: 65cm (down 0.5cm)
    • thighR: 65cm (down 0.5cm)
  • Like 5

I deleted a long post.  I can't bring myself to do it again.:(  If you carry the grenade it is an issue.  Three watches unless you are a time traveler is a bit much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

2 hours ago, GregT. said:

I deleted a long post.  I can't bring myself to do it again.:(  If you carry the grenade it is an issue.  Three watches unless you are a time traveler is a bit much.

Yip, it would mean I've gone off the deep end and am on the way to bonkers. So intervene and save me.

3 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

So intervene and save me

Only because I want to know where you got the neat toy!

Yeah the long post I had included pictures and all of what my US EDC was.  Here I am very restricted in what I can carry.  I carry a Leatherman Juice s2, and a Leatherman squirt Es4, a Victronox Cadet, a stainless steel pen and pencil set, an encrypted thumb drive and that is all. 

LM70202b.jpg

leatherman-squirt-es4-blue-500x500.jpg

9_56005e696ca1e9.04861732.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

485212-imation-ironkey-basic-s1000.jpg?t

I have a full first aid kit including sutures in my car, as well as blankets, sunscreen a small IFAK and a go bag for E&E in there as well.  Plus a case of water in 500 ml bottles.

Its best I can do. 

• Like 1

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

10 hours ago, GregT. said:

Following!

Great plan you have laid out.  I am glad to see you are looking to outward appearance as well as inner strength.  I look forward to seeing how this goes. As for EDC, it isn't EDC if you do not EDC.

edc-too-much-01.jpg

I'm just disappointed that they've got a stapler and not a staple gun! 

19 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Yah! So glad to see you back and on the go again! Shall I set the clock for 5am

Well I'm still intending on dragging myself out at 5am 2 days a week for a run. 3 days will be a 6am trip to the gym. I still have to get up at 5am but the exercise doesn't start until 6:30ish. 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

8 hours ago, GregT. said:

Its best I can do. 

Those are impressive tools. I actually need to check everything again. The multi-tool I won somewhere, my pocket knife was a gift from his personnel to Brandt when he left his job as Plantation manager. It is a Buck from USA actually. Brandt got a Victorinox when he was in the army, but it was lost nearly 20 years later, so he bought himself a basic Victorinox again, that was why I got the Buck. I have to put together Brandt's medikit for racing, then I'll go through the kit in the car as well.

4 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I'm just disappointed that they've got a stapler and not a staple gun!

I have a small staple gun in my tool box. I'll put this on the bonkers list ;)

4 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I still have to get up at 5am but the exercise doesn't start until 6:30ish.

Ok, I'll report in on the days I have to exercise, i.e. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Since were talking EDC, a lot of police officer I know carry tampons to plug bullet holes.

Seriously?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Today was .... uhhmm... ja....

Brandt had taken Serenity for another OCR check yesterday to the company I went to the two times before, which failed again. He was livid when he got home. Phoned a friend in rally circles and arranged another test with another company, with the rally-mechanic-friend being told to fix whatever really needed fixing, because Brandt couldn't find the faults that this first company were referring to.

We just went to fetch Serenity from this friend. They couldn't find anything. Eventually they tightened the fasteners on one front light, as it was a little bit loose. They checked everything, took photos as evidence, and kept the three test papers we were given with "faults" from this other company. That was when we heard that the company that we had been told have a "good reputation" are under investigation for fraudulent transactions and accepting money "under the table" to put cars through OCR. People get so fed up of always having to fix something (especially all these very expensive things) that they end up paying money under hand to get the car through the test. On the first test there was a loose light, the only thing the OCR could have been failed for. The second test had nothing on the test itself that was "a problem" that OCR should have been refused. So they fraudulently refused us OCR that time. Yesterday's test they told Brandt these things were a problem and argued with him about it. The guys couldn't find anything wrong with those things they've pointed out. So yet another fraudulent refusal of OCR. Yes, there were things that we have had fixed which was nearing its time, but there were also things that were probably not necessary to replace. Yesterday's list had a bent pipe of some kind, which has obviously been like that for years and years, and not been "noticed" on the first two tests, yet yesterday they said it was crucial to be replaced (yes a lot of thousands of Rands it would have been and weeks without a car), and they refused to pass the OCR, and some other things. May our evidence lead to them getting their just desserts. So finally after 11months we got OCR clearance and can put Serenity on our name. Brandt is having it done through these rally-friends-people as well.

Then when at the test centre today, they picked up that there was an outstanding "warrant of arrest" for the owner of the vehicle with this registration number. Issued in the Western Cape province. Brandt phoned me immediately wanting to know who I cleared the car through when we bought it, and a couple other things. I was nearly in a panic, because I thought we could be mistakenly arrested when driving around, until we get the new registration number. Then I were trying to figure out when could I have gotten a speeding ticket that they would want to arrest me for, because I'm the main driver for the vehicle, but I came up blank. When I picked Brandt up at work I was so stressed because I just couldn't figure it out. That was when he reassured me that I couldn't have been the cause of an unpaid ticket (and I can't drive fast enough in Serenity to get a speeding ticket warranting an arrest). The ticket would have had to go unpaid for years and years, and it had happened in the Western Cape where the warrant was issued... He was the only one who was there when he fetched the car, but it turned out it was issued in 2011, to the owner who died in the meantime, where the guy whom we bought Serenity from had gotten it on auction. So ... sjoe! I deflated like a balloon.

Well it seems that this is also finally falling into place. Now Brandt and his rally-mechanic-friend are trying to get me to drive in an off road race with the guy's wife. "Family sport".

• Like 5

Yes on the tampons thing. They are small enough to go into a bullet hole and the way they absorb blood they are a good way to stop the bleeding till the victim can get to a hospital.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

45 minutes ago, TGP said:

what is a "OCR check"?

I'll answer since Elize is probably in bed. It's some kind of vehicle inspection they have to do in South Africa, not related to Obstacle Course Races.

Also, I didn't mention it earlier, but I'm glad you got that inspection finally sorted Elize.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yes on the tampons thing. They are small enough to go into a bullet hole and the way they absorb blood they are a good way to stop the bleeding till the victim can get to a hospital.

Can confirm this is an excellent plan, though thankfully I have not had to use it yet.

Here and cheering, as per usual, Elize! Glad Serenity can finally be legit. ;)

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Makes sense. Takes up very little space too. Told Brandt and he said yes, some of the policemen at the shooting club mentioned they carry one or two around in their kits as well :D

7 hours ago, TGP said:

what is a "OCR check"?

As Tank mentioned, it is Certificate of Roadworthiness inspection, but I mixed up the letters. It is actually COR test, not OCR (Muddy Princess on the brain). Every time you buy a vehicle you have to have this check done, before the car can be legally registered in your name. So our car, Serenity, had actually passed the tests, but the guys are running a scam, so they failed it so we could take  the car back again and again, making them more money, or pushing us to "breaking" point, thus making us pay bribe money to pass the car. Legally we are supposed to have the car through the test and on our name within 21-30 days after purchasing, but we have proof that we've tried to do that. It took us 11 months! but we are in the clear. The previous owner had paid the vehicle license up to date, until end of Feb.2018, so we were driving legally, but still, it is supposed to be in our name with a new license taken out, registration number (license plate) changing to the new province, etc. Now it can be done in the 2-3weeks we have left.

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'll answer since Elize is probably in bed. It's some kind of vehicle inspection they have to do in South Africa, not related to Obstacle Course Races.

Also, I didn't mention it earlier, but I'm glad you got that inspection finally sorted Elize.

Thanks Tank. I see I was a bit tired and got the letters all muddled up. It is COR, not OCR. We are very relieved, but sad to have been "scammed". Well, we would have had to fix things on Serenity anyway, but we could have done it over time, and not have had to borrow so much money on our home loan to get everything done now. But now she's fixed up as well, so we'll get the final paperwork through.

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Can confirm this is an excellent plan, though thankfully I have not had to use it yet.

Here and cheering, as per usual, Elize! Glad Serenity can finally be legit. ;)

:) Always happy to have you around. Thanks, we are so relieved to be able to finalise things.

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Here for the muddy princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah! Glad to see you. 3-4 days left! I'm becoming a bit nervous to be honest.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I know carry tampons

I carry them in my first aid kit as well.  I have them in the car now.  I have them in my hunting IFAK as well.  My range bag FAK has them as well as compression bandages and Israeli style blood stoppers.  I have started carrying Quick Clot sponge but that is last resort.  I carry a lot of blood soaking up stuff in my first aid kits.  Every time I thought I had enough and had to use them I needed more, so I just went over the top.  But Tampons and Pads work well.  With pads I and use those and duct tape and make a nice pressure bandage.  Even the tampons on a surface wound can be spread out to absorb and do not have to be inserted and they are far cheaper than actual medical bandages.

Congrats on the COR pass!  I think you should aim to do some mischief now.

You will do fine in Muddy Princess.  You aren't doing it at night are you?

• Like 4

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists

59 minutes ago, GregT. said:

Even the tampons on a surface wound can be spread out to absorb and do not have to be inserted and they are far cheaper than actual medical bandages.

Ok, you guys convinced me. I'll add some tampons and pads to our new medikits when I put them together. Better check the kit in the house too.

Congrats on the COR pass!  I think you should aim to do some mischief now.

Lol, I'll just be glad to have this nonsense behind us. I'm not taking Serenity to a rally. I'll be the hand break wife who says "no way are you taking our only sensible, spacious car, which we have spent so much money on, to a rally race!" I'm not saying anything will happen, but Brandt can take the Uno and one day Skedonk, when she is finally finished. But maybe I can think up some other "mischief". To bad we don't have a nice mountain pass close by.

You will do fine in Muddy Princess.  You aren't doing it at night are you?

Thanks, I will finish, just nerves. Nope this isn't the night race. I decided not to do the night race which is in March. That one is close to Rocco's birthday, and a two day rally race that Brandt wants to do and have to marshal in. As marshal he is allowed to do a couple practice rounds ahead of the race. There seems to be more "fun" OCR races coming up this year, or I could do the second M.P. for our province around July/Aug.

I am also contemplating following a YouTube series on how to get to full pull ups, push ups, etc. but I need to keep my general fitness up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

WEEK 0: Wednesday

GOAL 1A: FIRST 15- Yes

GOAL 1B: MORNING EXERCISES-

Spoiler

Wednesday: Couldn't finish everything, because Brandt wanted to leave early again, and new routine...

• Joint Circles 5x each direction
  • High knee twist: 10 each side
  • Rev. Pull ups: 4 of 5 only
  • Bicycle crunches: 30x but going to replace with something else. They don't do anything for me.
  • Flutter kicks: 2x30 (upped the reps)
  • Russian twists: 1x25@10kg (upped the reps and weight)
  • Side planks: 2x20sec each side (upped reps)(didn't manage to do)
  • Hollow hold: 3x20sec (didn't manage to do)
  • Lying hip stretch (didn't manage to do)
  • Supergirl fly stretch (didn't manage to do)

Thighs and glutes were still stiff from Monday's exercise.

Wednesday: Walked - 4.2km in 50min. Avg of 5.04km/hr (2.6miles in 50min.)

GOAL 3: FINANCES- Not yet

GOAL 4: FRUMP TO STYLE- (Tot.2)

Wednesday: No makeup, wore 3/4 pants to walk with, with olive top. Not stylish at all. But I did get compliments about my hair, which I accepted but didn't agree upon. Their too long with the fringe falling in my eyes. I sent photos to hair dresser, but she isn't enthusiastic about my choice of short hair styles. She said we can discuss it when I see her Friday morning 9am.

GOAL 5: SLEEP- (Tot.1)

• 21h45 in bed on time: Wednesday no. Need to get used to the earlier time, and I watched first episode of Killjoys season 1.
  •  <21h30 early: not yet

• T-shirts: not yet
  • Firearm drills: not yet
  • Bellyband holster: not yet
  • Measurements: done previously
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I'll add some tampons and pads to our new medikits when I put them together

If you do, do not rely on the original wrapping.  From past experience put them in good sealable plastic bags, if they may get wet, like hiking and wading streams or in a boat, I suggest double bags.  I have been the victim of water intrusion on these devices.  They do hold a lot of water lol.

I really liked Killjoys I jus wish they had more episodes. 

• Like 2

TANSTAAFL!   

GregT MFP Food Diary

GregT's Spotify Lists