Respawn: Former Assassin's Apprentice RittenRemedy Gets Help from the Druids

RittenRemedy

The beginning of this year has been rough.  We moved to North Carolina, which is not a nice place to live.  It has work and schools (an hour drive away), so there's that.  Hopefully I can make the end a lot better, because I'm getting married in October!

I'm not certain that I do a lot of Druidy stuff, but I plan on using yoga to attempt to rehab my shoulder.  It's not that physical therapy doesn't work.  I'm going to school to be a therapist, so I obviously believe in it.  However, the VA will only pay for a couple months of therapy, and it takes more time that that to even get an appointment.  Last time I went in thinking that it would be a final step to getting well, but we found some pretty severe inflammation in the joint, so it was back to square.  I let moving totally disrupt my workouts, so yet again, I have to start over.  I'm hoping that yoga will help with mobility and strength in a more gentle way than pushups.

1.  Yoga/PT 5 times a week

2.  Food journal in Cronometer (gotta fit that dress!) daily

3.  Floss! daily

Welcome! And congrats on your upcoming wedding! Don't worry, lots of druids don't do yoga, myself included. You can make this challenge an opportunity for healing and recovery as you get in tune with your body.

On 2/6/2018 at 4:09 PM, Plazmotic said:

Welcome! And congrats on your upcoming wedding! Don't worry, lots of druids don't do yoga, myself included. You can make this challenge an opportunity for healing and recovery as you get in tune with your body.

I must admit, my only previous experience with druids has been wannabe high school "majickaal whitches," stoners, and game-breaking wild shape abuse.  So no yoga there either lol.

WILL be done after the fiancé goes to sleep.  Because its 82F in here and I can't sweat in peace around him.  Not that I'm complaining about a single part of that situation.  Didn't get done after all.  But I did get to bed on time.  I think for stress's sake, I'll allow myself to make up on the weekend.  That way I still get the PT and I only have two days of weekend to mess up.  If I don't do it then, there isn't going to be another makeup.

Coffee with cream, leftover homemade pear cobbler, leftover homemade (supposed to be crispy but we tried a new bread that doesn't make bread crumbs well at all) chicken sandwiches, homemade potato salad with too much (if there ever could be such a thing) herb oil based dressing, homemade beef stew, mashed potatoes, wine.

All gluten free.  A less colorful menu, minus the potato salad and stew, and over my calorie budget at 2312kcal, though I was hungry, which isn't a common feeling for my severely messed up digestive tract.  I'll call it okay.

3.  Floss! daily

Will report in the morning.  I did do this one.

Goodnight, Druids.

Current achievements:

1.  Yoga:  0/20

2.  Food:  1/28

3.  Floss:  1/28

• Like 1

Didn't do yoga, but the dog and I did all the parallel stairs in the neighborhood.  Obviously not fast because this was remedial don't pull mom down the stairs training. Did basic PT with red bands.

Coffee with cream, leftover homemade pear cobbler, leftover beef stew and mash, homemade crab cakes eggs bennie, a double margarita.  All gluten free.  Way way over calories at 2506kcal.  Oops.  That's the trouble with alcohol.  It's expensive, calorie rich, and I don't even get a buzz from doubles.  Anyone know some good virgin mixed drinks?  This is a waste.

3.  Floss! daily

Will be done before bed.  Promise.

Goodnight, druids.

Current achievements:

1.  Yoga/PT:  1/20

2.  Food:  2/28

3.  Floss:  2/28

• Like 1

Whoops I crashed early yesterday.  Haven't been sleeping all too well.  I should honestly turn in about 20 minutes ago.

Did basic PT with red bands.  

Coffee with cream, pancakes made from King Arthur's gluten free mix and blueberries, butter, maple syrup, orange juice, 2 sliced bacon, 2 small potatoes, 3 eggs, (that was separate breakfast and lunch not the world's biggest breakfast) salad with cranberries, pecans, blue cheese, steak, baked potato.  A little high at 2145, but yesterday was 1708.

3.  Floss! daily

Will be done before bed.