• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grandkai_NL

Grandkai going Hybrid Assassin: Part II

Grandkai Going Hybrid Assassin: Part II

giphy.gif

So this is Part II of my Hybrid Assassin transition. The last one went okay.....(check my review HERE). So this challenge i'm going to start with Part 2

Goal 1: Kettlebell Strength & Bodyweight Skill

I'm going to use a mix of Kettlebell and Bodyweight workouts. With Kettlebell i'm going to use a workout plan by Onnit Academy to build my strength and endurance. Thats day A and on Day B i'm going to mimic those movements with bodyweight exercises. 

tumblr_o0x4anfUf11ry1rm7o4_r1_500.gif 

Goal 2: Run More

Last challenge i wanted to run a lot, didn't happen. So the goal this time is get back into running, despite the cold weather. I'm aiming for 2-3 times a week.

giphy.gif

Goal 3: Handstand

Direct copy from my last challenge, made great progress (got a minute Headstand) and getting close to a Handstand. So i'm going to train everyday switching between handstand & headstand.

tumblr_mt2hn3WPtb1su8hipo1_500.gif

I also have some side-goals for this challenge, not as important but would be fun to get really into regularly:

- Post everyday a basic list of my progress (to improve posting and checking the forums)

- Update my Character Sheet (do you remember your Character Sheet?) 

- Start a new Daily Battle Log & post a new Epic Goals for 2018 list.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grandkai_NL said:

I'm going to use a mix of Kettlebell and Bodyweight workouts.

I want to do that, too. Any suggestions where to start with kettlebells? E.g. which Onnit program do you use?

And, apparently, off topic: No gaming goal?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Akura said:

I want to do that, too. Any suggestions where to start with kettlebells? E.g. which Onnit program do you use?

Suggestions as in what? weight, program. I'm no expert since i started with it in January but ill try to give my beginner experience. 

Well here's my KB story. Between Christmas & New Years i bought 2 kettlebells of 16KG each (after researching on the internet 16KG was the recommended weight for men to start with).

I started with a intense program in my last challenge which was wayyyyyy to hard. 16KG Front Squats for 30 reps is insane when you come from only bodyweight for a year. So i dropped that program and focused on a few KB movements such as Front Squats, Push Presses & Cleans. Hard with a barbell, even more with kettlebells that go every way. Now everything goes a bit better and i had my first workout from the Onnit Program and i could do 10 reps decently without being out of breath. But back to the topic.

For weight i would suggest go a bit lighter in weight if you've never (or has been a very long time) used weights. Better to start lighter and build up to that 16KG recommendation than start with 16 and get injured. 

Program wise...i can't tell you exactly what to do. Perhaps try this: https://www.onnit.com/academy/full-body-kettlebell-workout-for-beginners/ and see how it goes. Looks good. I believe i saw you post something in the Cross Training section about Kettlebells. Maybe they have a good program as suggestion or you could ask what they think of this Onnit Program.

Oh btw i'm going to use the Double Kettlebell Workouts for Simple Strength Endurance (the last one) https://www.onnit.com/academy/4-double-kettlebell-workouts-for-mass-strength/

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Akura said:

Woops forgot to answer this question:

No specific gaming goal because with the last challenge i didn't enjoy the constant grind to finish a game to a 100%. Last week i cleaned up my gaming shelf where i used to store all my games and just left the ones i still haven't finished or haven't started playing yet. To give an idea how many i still have to complete:

I have 134 Xbox games, 10 completed on 100% and i have 4 (physical) games i still haven't finished (like: South Park Fractured But Whole, Gears of War 4, Mass Effect Andromeda & Assassins Creed Origins), i have a ton of digital games i still haven't finished and about 6 PS4 games i still need to finish (like Last of Us, Uncharted Trilogy, Gravity Rush Remastered & Gravity Rush 2, NieR Automate).

So a lot of games i have to finish and it will be more fun to play games to experience the story and the gameplay than to just rush it to get it to a 100% in a month. And of course through out the year more games will come. Like i bought Monster Hunter World a few days ago and am playing that often alone. Call of Duty WWII with friends. And there are more to come:

Shadow Of the Colossus, maybe Sword Art Online Fatal Bullet, Dragon Ball Z Fighters, Dark Souls in May, new Destiny 2 DLC also in May and....who knows what will come the rest of the year.

Its a lot. I think i can add one gaming goal thingy, i want to slowly start streaming, just for fun, and want to start by playing/streaming Shadow of the Colossus on Saturday (only day of the week where i can repeatedly stream the same time, the rest of the week busy with my different work shifts.

4 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Suggestions as in what?

Ah, yes, could be more specific... Mostly general recourses and programs. But your post was super helpful!

4 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

i want to slowly start streaming,

Please share with us!

Wednesday 7-2-18 (4 days till challenge starts)

Had my new KB workout before i posted this challenge. Going to start running again on Saturday, taking it easy now and cleaning some stuff up. The kettlebell workout was fun, it was ladders of 10, 9, 8, 7 till 1 reps on KB Front Squat, KB Row & KB Push Press. SO it was 10 KB Squat, 10 KB Rows & 10 KB Push Presses and rest. And the same with 9, 8, 7 till 1. After a round i took some time to recover. The goal is to do it as fast as possible.

Quest 1: KB & Bodyweight

KB & Bodyweight workout:  /// - /// - /// - ///

Quest 2: Run More

Running:  /// - /// - /// - ///

Quest 3: Handstand Training

Handstand/Headstand training///////- ///////- ///////- ///////

Thursday 8-2-18 (3 days till challenge starts)

No workout today, played a bit of Monster Hunter World and cleaned up my apartment. Started thinking about a good time to stream on Saturday and what game. I need to take the 0 Week more as a break-week. Gives me time to relax. 

• Like 1

On 7-2-2018 at 2:33 PM, Akura said:

Please share with us

I have chosen my stream-time and stream-game. 

Its going to be “Shadow of the Colossus” @11:00 CET tomorrow Saturday 10-2

Its not going to be as fancy looking as @Lilmissbri‘s streams, but maybe in the future it will. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

I have chosen my stream-time and stream-game. 

Its going to be “Shadow of the Colossus” @11:00 CET tomorrow Saturday 10-2

Its not going to be as fancy looking as @Lilmissbri‘s streams, but maybe in the future it will. 

Hooooooold on. You've seen my stream? YOU'RE GOING TO STREAM?! Gah! I think I'm going to miss it!! I shall watch the VOD!

:D

• Like 1

On 10-2-2018 at 9:57 AM, Lilmissbri said:

Hooooooold on. You've seen my stream? YOU'RE GOING TO STREAM?! Gah! I think I'm going to miss it!! I shall watch the VOD!

:D

I have seen parts of you're saved streams (its not as fun as a live-stream). 

I think i didn't save my stream (don't know how to do it) and it wasn't that great. Barely any talking because i was more frustrated with the game controls, but i suppose that are things i need to learn and such.

I'm going to try and watch a live-stream of your's, its going to be hard because of the 8-9 time difference. Maybe Monday & Tuesday will work. Just to get an idea what the difference is:

RIght now its 05:00 here in the Netherlands so with the time difference its....21:00/22:00 where you are?

• Like 1

What's streaming from PS4 like? 

Also yayyy Shadow of the Colossus! I have it but can't bring myself to play until I at least get through the main game in MHW. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raptron said:

What's streaming from PS4 like? 

Also yayyy Shadow of the Colossus! I have it but can't bring myself to play until I at least get through the main game in MHW. 

A bit of figuring out on how to set it up. But when thats done, its really easy to use. 

Yeah i figured i stream/play Shadow of the Colossus on Saturday and play MHW/other games on my Xbox the rest of the week.

• Like 1

Week 1, Day 1

Good start, was looking for my ipad this morning and found it in my living room. I honestly thought i set a alarm and put it on my nightstand. I did my wall-stand training, finished reading Spice & Wolf volume 17; Epilogue and what a journey it was with those light novels. Only 3 novels left which are all short stories.

51GU9sDnkpL.jpg

After work got my workout in. Ladders 10 reps till 1 reps for KB Front Squat, KB Row & KB Push Press. In total 55 reps each and i believe i did it faster than when i tested it last week. Felt good and perhaps if i can do it fast enough i can combine KB & Bodyweight into 1 workout. 

Rest of the day was spent playing Monster Hunter World and a bit of cleaning.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Week 1, Day 1

Good start, was looking for my ipad this morning and found it in my living room. I honestly thought i set a alarm and put it on my nightstand. I did my wall-stand training, finished reading Spice & Wolf volume 17; Epilogue and what a journey it was with those light novels. Only 3 novels left which are all short stories.

51GU9sDnkpL.jpg

Ohhh AWESOME! 

This cover looks I would totally love it - What is the story?

Also impressed by your progress towards handstand. I want to progress towards that too, but I am still far away. I can hold against a wall, but as I use the wall a lot, progressing without it is difficult.

Following!!

5 hours ago, Asuka said:

Ohhh AWESOME! 

This cover looks I would totally love it - What is the story?

Kraft Lawrence, a traveling merchant, is going on a adventurous journey to bring the Wolf God Holo back to her home country of Yoitsu. During the journey they will face many dangers and Lawrence & Holo have to work together to get through them.

Oke this was not a copy from a website with a short summary, this was straight from my memory. There are 20 novels (the last 2 are coming this year), the theme is: Fantasy, Thriller, Romance & Economy (Lawrence is a merchant so there are some parts that talk about economy and money making, but dont worry its more Thriller & Romance). Every Light Novel i fell more & more in love with Holo, she is just an amazing character.

There is a Manga, but this cover is from the Light Novel. I think the Manga is about 1-2 novels behind. Ofcourse it's your own preference.

There is also an Anime, but it isn't as great as the Light Novels. Plus it only covers the first 5 novels.

https://imgur.com/OMLh8y5

• Like 2

Week 1, Day 2

Did my headstand training and got roughly 30-40 seconds per set. Didn't do it for a week or 2 but still felt great. Sure that i have it back in no time. 

Sadly no running. I saw it was going to be a nice sunny day but sadly my right foot hurt like crazy during work. My tiny toe hurt the whole day, maybe i clipped my toe-nails yesterday a bit too short?

Anyway hopefully tomorrow its all better.

Watching Lilmissbrie's stream while updating my challenge :D 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Kraft Lawrence, a traveling merchant, is going on a adventurous journey to bring the Wolf God Holo back to her home country of Yoitsu. During the journey they will face many dangers and Lawrence & Holo have to work together to get through them.

Oke this was not a copy from a website with a short summary, this was straight from my memory. There are 20 novels (the last 2 are coming this year), the theme is: Fantasy, Thriller, Romance & Economy (Lawrence is a merchant so there are some parts that talk about economy and money making, but dont worry its more Thriller & Romance). Every Light Novel i fell more & more in love with Holo, she is just an amazing character.

There is a Manga, but this cover is from the Light Novel. I think the Manga is about 1-2 novels behind. Ofcourse it's your own preference.

There is also an Anime, but it isn't as great as the Light Novels. Plus it only covers the first 5 novels.

https://imgur.com/OMLh8y5

OOOOOOO

I am a HUGE manga fan - I will try to find either the light novel or the manga.

Actually I am a finance major, so the econ angle in the book I will LOVE!! 

Thanks for posting about it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asuka said:

OOOOOOO

I am a HUGE manga fan - I will try to find either the light novel or the manga.

Actually I am a finance major, so the econ angle in the book I will LOVE!! 

Thanks for posting about it! 

Well theb, i think you will enjoy this novel :D 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2018 at 8:03 PM, Grandkai_NL said:

I have seen parts of you're saved streams (its not as fun as a live-stream). 

I think i didn't save my stream (don't know how to do it) and it wasn't that great. Barely any talking because i was more frustrated with the game controls, but i suppose that are things i need to learn and such.

I'm going to try and watch a live-stream of your's, its going to be hard because of the 8-9 time difference. Maybe Monday & Tuesday will work. Just to get an idea what the difference is:

RIght now its 05:00 here in the Netherlands so with the time difference its....21:00/22:00 where you are?

I am in California in the States so.... It's a bit of a time difference. (Pacific Time Zone) Haha!! 

Thank you so much for stopping in tho! It was great to see you. If you have any questions about streaming (especially straight from the PS4) lemme know! I'd love to help out!! That's how I started.

:o)

• Like 1

Week 1, Day 3

Had a decent day. Less problems with my right foot, no problems with my pinky-toe but still a bit of a sore heel. Pretty sure i can run tomorrow :D 

Did my workout, did a warm-up with KB Swings and KB Deadlifts and then did Pull-ups, Push-ups and Pistol Squats in a ladder style. After that did some cleaning and played a bit of Destiny 2 Doubles with a good friend.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lilmissbri said:

Thank you so much for stopping in tho! It was great to see you. If you have any questions about streaming (especially straight from the PS4) lemme know! I'd love to help out!! That's how I started.

It was fun, i had a big smile on my face when you saw my name in the chat and responded :D 

Well, any tips on talking? I don't have a PS4 camera (yet......) so i think i need to talk a bit to keep the stream entertaining. But i'm not really a big talker, except when i'm playing with a really good friend. Any advice?

• Like 1

On 2/14/2018 at 1:00 PM, Grandkai_NL said:

It was fun, i had a big smile on my face when you saw my name in the chat and responded :D 

Well, any tips on talking? I don't have a PS4 camera (yet......) so i think i need to talk a bit to keep the stream entertaining. But i'm not really a big talker, except when i'm playing with a really good friend. Any advice?

ABSOLUTELY!

So especially in the beginning, chat is pretty dead if you don't have a community backing you up. Therefore, you gotta get used to being silly and talking to yourself. My biggest advice would be to just say exactly what you're thinking.

"Okay, let's see what's over here. OH COOL! There's a hidden treasure over here. Yass! I love when a game rewards you for exploring things. Oh sweet! It's a sword thats.... oh okay. This sword sucks. Well then. Moving on! Let's go back to the quest." etc.

And as you make jokes/talk about whatever (ie. "Oh man that totally reminded me of Kill Bill right there. ha! Odd.") someone will probably relate or ask you about it and then you can have the conversation with them. 

I loved streaming directly from my PS4. I miss those days. Ha!! Enjoy it, have fun, and play the way YOU want to play the game. Don't let an audience or maybe lack there of dictate what you like doing. People will live you/follow you because they like how you play the game/your personality. If you play it.... they will come. :D

• Like 1