• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Charlie_Quinn

Charlie_Quinn Avoids Hibernation

On 3/6/2018 at 8:36 PM, Salinger said:

Nice one CQ!!!! Brilliant :D xx

Thanks! I did feel some regret yesterday. Ouchie!

8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Just to let you know, i did 12 burpees yesterday, and i won't have to do any today!

I did 11 today to make up for yesterdays lie in. None for today though!

• Like 1

MID WEEK UPDATE

RUN!

I went out for a 4 mile run last night, despite being very tired and slightly grumpy. I had to swear at myself quite a lot to keep myself going, but whatever works, right?

CLIMB, JUMP......er...PUSH?

BMF done on Tuesday and climbing planned for tonight. I don't think I'm going to at the wall for long because my chest and arms are complaining a lot. But I really want to go.

GET UP!

I failed yesterday as I got the worst nights sleep possible, so 11 penalty burpees were done (I did them today as they just weren't happening yesterday). Today is my work at home day and so I allowed myself a lie in until 8am. I ended up getting up at 7:30 after a really nice sleep, despite a 'bad' dream. I dreamed I had a large stash of Reeces chocolate and people kept stealing it. It was a literal nightmare. :P

SIDE QUEST: UKULELE PRACTICE

I'm going to pick it up in a little while and get some practice. I've missed not playing it in the last week or so.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

It was a literal nightmare.

Since I quit drinking, I occasionally have dreams where I've got vodka hidden somewhere in my house.  Sometimes I can find it, and sometimes I can't.

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Since I quit drinking, I occasionally have dreams where I've got vodka hidden somewhere in my house.  Sometimes I can find it, and sometimes I can't.

I've been cutting down on the sweet treats lately and the last few days I've really been craving some chocolate. I've been good and avoided eating any, but it does explain where the dream came from.

I'm a bit pissed off. Climbing didn't happen yesterday through no fault of our own. We headed off to the bouldering gym after an early dinner, only to get stuck in a horrendous traffic jam as we came off the M1. We were there for so long that it was pointless trying to do the rest of the journey and turned around at the nearest roundabout and went home. 

I did manage to do some uke practice yesterday and got up on time though.

I realised yesterday I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I feel like I need to shake things up a bit. I'm starting with a little mini pampering / make over to give my confidence a much needed boost. I've booked a hair cut and colour for tomorrow afternoon, I'm sot fed up with the mop of hair that I keep trying to grow and I'm going back to a short undercut pixie cut again. My hair looks better short, I really need to stop thinking that I can have longer hair because I just can't! 

The second thing I did was pull the trigger on ordering some new glasses. I've been doing home trials of a few different styles and I've picked one funky style and one retro clubmasters style that I didn't think would suit me, but to my surprise, actually look really good. I still love the glasses I wear now, but it'll be nice to have a few choices.

I want to try and finish this challenge on a positive, so I'm going to do a long run on Sunday to a pub called the Royal Oak - I'm not going into the pub, it's part of the scavenger hunt for the Mudd Queens virtual run. I need a picture of myself outside a pub with a royal theme. There are quite a few royal named pubs in my local area, but I don't want to make it too easy for myself, so I've picked one that's a bit further out. If I have time, I'll go climbing on Sunday afternoon to finish the week off.

And if the new boards get put up over the weekend, and I have the time, I'll write my new challenge. I'm going to go for "spooky" vibe next time around

X Files GIF by The X-Files

• Like 5

Pics of hair cut :)

Im also in a funk, lets make the weekend good and positive. (although ill be at my parents, just going to concentrate on not going into the pit. ) 

Love to you CQ xx

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Pics of hair cut :)

Im also in a funk, lets make the weekend good and positive. (although ill be at my parents, just going to concentrate on not going into the pit. ) 

Love to you CQ xx

Will do. As long as it turns out how I want it. I've got pictures to show the hairdresser this time so I don't have to try and explain it!

Let's ranger this weekend! Love to you too!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Salinger said:

CQ looks HOT GUYS!!!!!!

Aw shucks. You're too kind, Sal.

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Challenge accepted 

It's been a good few days. I'm in the middle of cooking dinner so I'll try and update afterwards, but it might be tomorrow before I get chance to sit down and write a long post.

• Like 9

On 3/9/2018 at 5:19 AM, Charlie_Quinn said:

My hair looks better short, I really need to stop thinking that I can have longer hair because I just can't! 

Mine is exactly the same way! I lost a lot of hair when I started college (I guess stress? but it never grew back, boo), and I just plain old don't have enough to grow it long. Every so often I try to grow it out and end up driving myself nuts before I cut it off again!  :P 

Your haircut looks fabulous, BTW!! Is it easy to style? What kind of products do you use?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Aw shucks. You're too kind, Sal.

Challenge accepted 

It's been a good few days. I'm in the middle of cooking dinner so I'll try and update afterwards, but it might be tomorrow before I get chance to sit down and write a long post.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor you cute gif

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Great haircut!

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Love it!  Simply smashing.  :-)

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Salinger is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor you cute gif

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

11 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Mine is exactly the same way! I lost a lot of hair when I started college (I guess stress? but it never grew back, boo), and I just plain old don't have enough to grow it long. Every so often I try to grow it out and end up driving myself nuts before I cut it off again!  :P 

Your haircut looks fabulous, BTW!! Is it easy to style? What kind of products do you use?

I have baby-fine hair. I've taken better care of it in the last few years and that has helped it get a bit thicker, but it's still finer than most, so if my hair is too long it just clings to my scalp and I can't do anything with it.

This is so easy to style. A quick blast with the hair dryer and some product and that's it. I use Sebastian Potion 9 before I dry it to help with the frizz, and then I use every Teddy-boys favorite hair pomade Black & White. I've tried so many different hair gels and styling waxes over the years but this is the best I've found.

• Like 4

I managed to finish off this challenge in a good place. Here's a little run down of my weekend

Friday

I managed to convince Stu to come out for a run with me after work, even though it was pouring with rain. We accidentally picked a route with lots of deep puddles so less than a mile in our feet were soaked. We cut the run short just before 3 miles purely because of the lousy weather. 

Saturday

The rain eased off overnight and although it was overcast, the temperature was quite warm. The cat woke us up at an ungodly hour so we decided to make the most of the break in the weather and went for a long walk. We went to the local nature reserve and walked along the river before cutting along the canal, stopped to watch a boat going through the lock and then up into the woods and back into civilization. Probably about 4 miles in total.

I had my haircut in the afternoon, so I grabbed a copy of Trail Running magazine and had a nice relaxing read while sitting waiting for the bleach to do it's thing and enjoying complimentary prosecco. Once I was finished, Stu and I went to the local pub and had a nice meal. All in all, a really enjoyable day.

Sunday

I got up a little later than I wanted to so I didn't get out for my run until mid morning. I had my route planned out, but I wasn't sure how long the route actually was. It turned out to by way shorter than I thought it would be and had to make up a new route on the fly to get some extra mileage in. I found a park I hadn't been to before and found a few short trails through a small wooded area and circled around that a few times and also tried to blast up a set of steps that were in the middle of the park. The steps were probably about 200 meters long and I did make it to the top without breaking my stride, but I had a little stop at the top afterwards to prevent dying. In total, I did a little over 9 miles. I'm not sure of the total distance as I had a gps malfunction in the first 10 minutes and had to restart my watch (it logged me as running 0.04 miles after I'd been running about 8 minutes!). 

My ankle started to feel a little sore after 8 miles, so I'm going to need to take it very easy at Reading Half on Sunday. I may strap my ankle just in case. I don't plan on pushing hard or going for a PB, I'm just concerned about completing the distance.

We decided to go to the movies in the afternoon instead of going climbing and we finally watched Black Panther. Good movie, I really enjoyed it but it did suffer from one of the same problems as other Marvel films in that the villain felt a little weak.

My plan for this week is to do a little running leading up to Sunday, but not push it too hard, and go to BMF as usual. I'll focus on stretching a lot in the lead up to the half, as I often suffer with hip and glute pain during long road races and I'd like to avoid that it possible!

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

A quick blast with the hair dryer and some product and that's it. I use Sebastian Potion 9 before I dry it to help with the frizz, and then I use every Teddy-boys favorite hair pomade Black & White.

Hm! I've never heard of the Sebastian line, but I'm curious now!  :)  Thank you for the link!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Maigahane said:

Your new haircut looks great on you!

Thanks! It's not too different to what I had about 18 months ago, except the sides and back are shorter. The only thing I need to do is convince Stu to help me shave the sides in between hair appointments. 

15 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Hm! I've never heard of the Sebastian line, but I'm curious now!  :)  Thank you for the link!!

Its what they use in my salon. I buy it online though as it's cheaper. Everything from that line smells fantastic! The Potion 9 smells like fruit cocktail, it's lush!

• Like 1

Your haircut looks amazing!!

Sounds like you've got a solid plan for the week to prevent injury :)