Jump to content

Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos - Looking for the Center


Bean Sidhe

Recommended Posts



 
I am trying to take care, now if mother nature would decide on a season (snow yesterday, today high 40, tomorrow 60, tomorrow night low of 24). here is to hoping I can power through the sick. homework is due tomorrow night (everything due today is done at least)


Oh, Bean, sorry that you and your husband are getting sick (I was thinking of naming him Mr. Bean as your husband, but then I realised it could have been offensive)
I think mother nature is suggesting you to take a break... I know how difficult it is thought :(
Sending hugs without germs and if you can send me part of your workload (not the housekeeping, I'm crap at that!)
  • Like 2

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Link to post
14 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Oh, Bean, sorry that you and your husband are getting sick (I was thinking of naming him Mr. Bean as your husband, but then I realised it could have been offensive)
I think mother nature is suggesting you to take a break... I know how difficult it is thought :(
Sending hugs without germs and if you can send me part of your workload (not the housekeeping, I'm crap at that!)

 

 

Thanks. He is doing better but I am still trying to decide how sick I am going to get. Some points I feel okay, others I just want to curl up and nope out.

I just want mother nature to choose. This constant flipping back and forth of temps is not helping anyone's sinuses. I kinda want it to warm up so I can start walking for real, and I kinda want it to stay cold so I can maybe get a snow day.

 

I would gladly send you parts of the work load. especially after yesterday, but I don't think that would be okay by my teachers. Ugh.

 

11 hours ago, shy said:

So sorry to hear you and the hubs are both sick. That really sucks. :( Get well soon!!!

(forgive me for the meme.. I can't help myself...)

 

 

get-well-phoon-soon-meme.jpg

 

Thanks, we will get by. Its just weird since Hubby never gets sick bad enough to lay him out like this. Usually its something he just has a nose thing or a cough, but not "sorry, I need another 14 hours of sleep" kinda thing.

 

love the puppy, it does help.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post

So challenge update...


There wasn't one. I know that is horrible, but starting Friday I had stuff going on (dinner out with friends, then saturday was a birthday party out of town.) those 2 combined were not reasons to NOT do my challenge, but I kept saying "I need to do it" then I wouldn't. Sunday, I spent  just shy of 7 hours on homework. No, I mean straight studying. I even wrote in the 5 minute breaks to go the bathroom, refill water cups, check here. ect. 410 minutes. I am not going to lie, that fact hurts a bit. The one downside of the mini is I am tracking my homework time and doing 22.5 hours of homework this week does explain how much I am really doing. Knowing this number doesn't help me feel much better, but, now its quantified. And I still have one assignment to do today that is due at midnight, so I need to finish that.

 

Challenge wise, best day of the last 3 was 9.5 pts, so I am getting somewhere with those. My walking miles have been less than great. My exercises and stretches are not very good. I need to get moving and out of this chair more.

I also realized some of my "off balance" is that I am not feeling as connected with the family since I am buried in homework. It really goes back to I need to learn to juggle all of this better and not overwhelm myself as much. Do I know how I will do this no, but maybe I will take the information from the mini and try to find a better way to divide up the homework time so its not ALL WEEKEND. I just know when I am still mom in charge of more than homework, I feel better. I need to be focusing on all the balls, not just the student one.

 

And here I am giving myself more jobs, but hopefully these will help.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post
26 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Thanks, we will get by. Its just weird since Hubby never gets sick bad enough to lay him out like this. Usually its something he just has a nose thing or a cough, but not "sorry, I need another 14 hours of sleep" kinda thing.

 

love the puppy, it does help.

 

This flu going around is no joke. I got my very first flu shot recently just in case. I really hope we don't get it. No insurance. :(

Get well soon you two!!!

  • Like 1

Start Weight:  226.5   |   Goal Weight:  180   |   Current Weight:  220

 

Shy Takes A Second

Walk To Mordor And Back Again 2018

 

Note to self.. check out Darebee!! Other cool stuff to check out, Zombies! Run!

Link to post
24 minutes ago, shy said:

 

This flu going around is no joke. I got my very first flu shot recently just in case. I really hope we don't get it. No insurance. :(

Get well soon you two!!!

 

Good luck not getting it. I don't think we had/have the flu, I think its more just a head cold. Especially since neither of us have had much in the way of fevers. good luck trying to avoid it.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post
6 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So challenge update...


There wasn't one. I know that is horrible, but starting Friday I had stuff going on (dinner out with friends, then saturday was a birthday party out of town.) those 2 combined were not reasons to NOT do my challenge, but I kept saying "I need to do it" then I wouldn't. Sunday, I spent  just shy of 7 hours on homework. No, I mean straight studying. I even wrote in the 5 minute breaks to go the bathroom, refill water cups, check here. ect. 410 minutes. I am not going to lie, that fact hurts a bit. The one downside of the mini is I am tracking my homework time and doing 22.5 hours of homework this week does explain how much I am really doing. Knowing this number doesn't help me feel much better, but, now its quantified. And I still have one assignment to do today that is due at midnight, so I need to finish that.

 

Challenge wise, best day of the last 3 was 9.5 pts, so I am getting somewhere with those. My walking miles have been less than great. My exercises and stretches are not very good. I need to get moving and out of this chair more.

I also realized some of my "off balance" is that I am not feeling as connected with the family since I am buried in homework. It really goes back to I need to learn to juggle all of this better and not overwhelm myself as much. Do I know how I will do this no, but maybe I will take the information from the mini and try to find a better way to divide up the homework time so its not ALL WEEKEND. I just know when I am still mom in charge of more than homework, I feel better. I need to be focusing on all the balls, not just the student one.

 

And here I am giving myself more jobs, but hopefully these will help.

Just a thought but your Agents are doing their own homework as well, yes? Can you do it as family homework time where you and they sit and everyone works on some homework. Or would they be asking for help and asking questions too much to really focus?

  • Like 3
Link to post
6 hours ago, ValkyrieRising said:

Just a thought but your Agents are doing their own homework as well, yes? Can you do it as family homework time where you and they sit and everyone works on some homework. Or would they be asking for help and asking questions too much to really focus?

 

I have done this in the past. However, their homework is maybe an hour, mine is (Judging on recording it last week for the mini) I do about  3+ hours a day (give or take, I do about 22.5 hours a week). I will say Youngest Agent is the big one for "study time" where she takes part of my desk and studies when I do, the downside is that she also has the most questions (or just wants to ask me so she can have my attention) so its not the most productive time.

 

But really, its not just studying. I don't feel like I am as "there" for them about their days and things. Another time when I wish I had another 14 hours a day to do all the things.

 

4 hours ago, Tateman said:

Hope you all feel better soon!

 

Thanks, Hubby is doing better. I am still trying to decide how sick I am and pretending I can power through no matter what.

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post

And to add to me and Hubby, Youngest Agent came down from bed with a headache... Here is to hoping it is being tired...

Oh nad my throat is sore. Has been all day. Like swallowing is bad sore. I ain't got time for this..

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post

So yesterday was betterish. I still didn't get my step goal or the treadmill, but I did get everything else. So I feel better about that. I am still tired and my throat is still sore like yesterday. But I did most of it with a sore throat so I am calling that a win. The treadmill and walking goal lost to sleep. Really, if I could get my throat to stop hurting, I would probably be fine.

I am a bit more emotional of late. I am just fine then not, but I don't know if that is the tired, the being off balance or just hormones.

 

One thing that did get done was that we got the pepper seeds started finally. I need to look at my part B list (I put it somewhere) and see what needs done. I forgot about it most of last challenge and the same this challenge.

 

Although reading @Tateman account of the Spartan races did remind me of what I am trying to do. However, I think the problem is right now, I don't completely believe its possible. I know I said I would be okay being fat if I was the strong, healthy fat lady, but I dunno. I don't feel like I am getting stronger and I don't feel like I am making progress. I know the scale isn't really moving, but it kinda feels like I am stagnating. And for Spartans, I will need to be able to hang or pull myself up and I am not there yet. Heck, I don't even have a place to put a pull up bar.

I dunno, I need to think on all of this today I guess. Maybe remake my list or think on the list. Or start looking at future challenges. We will see.

 

 

Description

2/19/2018

Knee to Elbows

30

Leg lifts

20

sit ups

50

Reverse sit ups

15

Push ups

10

Balance Ball push ups

10

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Meditating Groot

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Sitting Fix

y

Shoulder stretch

y

Spend time with Agents

y

Plan

y

Be in bed by 11:30

y

One good thing

y

Check seedlings

y

Update Kermit list

Y

Pennisula/Island

y

Table / Half wall

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean our dresser

y

Walk 10500 steps

7424

Walk 15 minutes a day

n

Walk to Mordor

y

No eating after dinner

y

< 3 bottles of tea

y

Eat Yogurt Daily

y

Eat Bananas Daily

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

1 serving of veggies

y

120 oz of water

y

 

Total points for day 18

Total points for challenge 113.85/160

  • Like 2

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post
1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I am a bit more emotional of late. I am just fine then not, but I don't know if that is the tired, the being off balance or just hormones.

Could be a little of everything. I know you don't think the amount of work you do is anything special, because you're "just keeping up," but it is objectively a lot of work. Stress like that builds. I hope you find your balance again soon! 

 

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I know I said I would be okay being fat if I was the strong, healthy fat lady, but I dunno. I don't feel like I am getting stronger and I don't feel like I am making progress. I know the scale isn't really moving, but it kinda feels like I am stagnating.

I feel you. Sometimes I really feel like I'm just spinning my wheels, never making any difference or getting anywhere. If I was stronger, or faster, or more flexible, maybe I wouldn't feel as bad about the number on the scale. But then again, maybe I would take it for granted, like so much else in my life, and feel just as miserable. I'm trying to remember to appreciate what I've got, for now, and just go from there, but... it's hard. 

 

On that note, where did your daily gratitudes go? They always brightened my day, and I hope yours as well. That seemed like such a nice challenge. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

 

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Could be a little of everything. I know you don't think the amount of work you do is anything special, because you're "just keeping up," but it is objectively a lot of work. Stress like that builds. I hope you find your balance again soon! 

 

Your probably right, and I know I get more moody as hormones hit, but I think I may just of worn myself down. It happens, but I am not a fan.

 

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I feel you. Sometimes I really feel like I'm just spinning my wheels, never making any difference or getting anywhere. If I was stronger, or faster, or more flexible, maybe I wouldn't feel as bad about the number on the scale. But then again, maybe I would take it for granted, like so much else in my life, and feel just as miserable. I'm trying to remember to appreciate what I've got, for now, and just go from there, but... it's hard. 

 

this is exactly it. I feel like I am working os hard, but not getting anywhere. But right now, I would be happy to go "you know something would be nice for progress" but that will happen more in the spring as plants grow and I see the food from that labor. This time of year, that is hard since everything is just yucky.

 

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

On that note, where did your daily gratitudes go? They always brightened my day, and I hope yours as well. That seemed like such a nice challenge. 

Oops, it didn't get on my update form that I fill out every day to do the update. I have been recording them in the spreadsheet, but not here. Sorry about that.

One good thing for yesterday: Hubby made an extra trip to the store to get me stuff for lunches.

Time with Agents: we built things with Youngest's dice collection. She has like 200 of them, so there is plenty to build.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post
5 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Although reading @Tateman account of the Spartan races did remind me of what I am trying to do. However, I think the problem is right now, I don't completely believe its possible. I know I said I would be okay being fat if I was the strong, healthy fat lady, but I dunno. I don't feel like I am getting stronger and I don't feel like I am making progress. I know the scale isn't really moving, but it kinda feels like I am stagnating. And for Spartans, I will need to be able to hang or pull myself up and I am not there yet. Heck, I don't even have a place to put a pull up bar.

Well, I can tell you I was not prepared as well. I thought I was ok, but I was far from prepared haha. 

 

Before I attended a Spartan race, I had found a Spartan Training Workout near me. So I signed up and went. I was very embarrassed and very self conscious to be there. The classic "I know everyone is starting at me, and wondering what this big fat guy is doing here" Still, I did it. The trainers there were pretty awesome. The main guy came over to me, and commented that is was so awesome that I showed up to do this. Even telling me to just do what I could, and not to feel bad if I couldn't do it all.

 

They still do some of these workouts https://www.spartan.com/en/training/find-a-class/workout-tour-sidebar Looks like it costs like $10, and they give you a tshirt ;)

 

The workout is basically burpees, crab walks, and all kinds of bodyweight workouts.

 

They also have self training guides you can download https://www.spartan.com/en/training/get-started/spartan-sprint-training-plan Workout of the day emails as well. There is a test to see what level of race you should try for. You never know, might be fun to try and see how you would stack up. At least then you know what you would want to work on to be more prepared.

 

Having people go with you can help, like I never made it over walls myself. Now though, there are more and more groups out there training for the types of races. There may be local groups to you doing this as well. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
4 hours ago, Tateman said:

Well, I can tell you I was not prepared as well. I thought I was ok, but I was far from prepared haha. 

 

I don't expect to win anything, I just want to be able to finish. I am a long way from that atm.

 

4 hours ago, Tateman said:

Before I attended a Spartan race, I had found a Spartan Training Workout near me. So I signed up and went. I was very embarrassed and very self conscious to be there. The classic "I know everyone is starting at me, and wondering what this big fat guy is doing here" Still, I did it. The trainers there were pretty awesome. The main guy came over to me, and commented that is was so awesome that I showed up to do this. Even telling me to just do what I could, and not to feel bad if I couldn't do it all.

 

They still do some of these workouts https://www.spartan.com/en/training/find-a-class/workout-tour-sidebar Looks like it costs like $10, and they give you a tshirt ;)

 

It looks like there is one guy locally that is on that list, but I also know there are a few gyms that teach those classes. The downside I have right now is time and money. Time to figure how to get there and do everything else (anyone got a time turner?) and the funds to pay for it. I really want to try, but we will have to wait a bit. This is not something I expect to do tomorrow, but one day.

 

4 hours ago, Tateman said:

They also have self training guides you can download https://www.spartan.com/en/training/get-started/spartan-sprint-training-plan Workout of the day emails as well. There is a test to see what level of race you should try for. You never know, might be fun to try and see how you would stack up. At least then you know what you would want to work on to be more prepared.

 

This is something I may look into. That could be interesting to see if its even possible right now.

 

4 hours ago, Tateman said:

Having people go with you can help, like I never made it over walls myself. Now though, there are more and more groups out there training for the types of races. There may be local groups to you doing this as well. 

at one time, there was talk that we would do a NF group thing, but that was when I was ready, and that was a bit ago. I have no one here that would do it with me, so I will probably try some classes and see if I can try to find a group. Sadly, I don't have any friends this would appeal to.

  • Like 3

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post
1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I have no one here that would do it with me, so I will probably try some classes and see if I can try to find a group. Sadly, I don't have any friends this would appeal to.

@Jlailin is in Chicago, that's not too far from you, right? Jlai, wanna do a Spartan? :D 

 

I'd totally do it with you if I was closer and... in shape. Sounds fun! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

@Jlailin is in Chicago, that's not too far from you, right? Jlai, wanna do a Spartan? :D 

 

I'd totally do it with you if I was closer and... in shape. Sounds fun! 

I've actually done six total Spartans--two trifectas (each trifecta is a sprint, super, and beast) over a period of two years!  ...I was much more in shape when I did them, and I was soooooo dead after all of them (also I pretty much walked for most of them :P ), but I'd be down to do one with you  @Bean Sidhe:D 

 

...I also didn't train for any of them and went lone wolf on them, which probably contributes to the me being so dead after all of them, so if you want to do a training program/work out thing or find a group, I'd be down for that too!

  • Like 4

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

Link to post
10 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

@Jlailin is in Chicago, that's not too far from you, right? Jlai, wanna do a Spartan? :D 

 

I'd totally do it with you if I was closer and... in shape. Sounds fun! 

 

In shape is the key part here. I am no where near ready for one. Last thing I want to do is try, and the fail or hurt myself and prove everyone who says I can't do it right. When I go, I want to finish.

 

10 hours ago, Jlailin said:

I've actually done six total Spartans--two trifectas (each trifecta is a sprint, super, and beast) over a period of two years!  ...I was much more in shape when I did them, and I was soooooo dead after all of them (also I pretty much walked for most of them :P ), but I'd be down to do one with you  @Bean Sidhe:D 

 

Thank you. That sounds great. Its not going to be anytime soon. I need to be able to be stronger first.

 

10 hours ago, Jlailin said:

...I also didn't train for any of them and went lone wolf on them, which probably contributes to the me being so dead after all of them, so if you want to do a training program/work out thing or find a group, I'd be down for that too!

 

I have a feeling with all the dancing you do, your in much better shape than I am. Much better. I could probably walk the whole spartan course ATM, but the obstacles would probably be my downfall. I am a few hours outside Chicago, so maybe closer to we talk about finding a group, but until then, the training program will need to wait until I can get some free time. Lol.

 

One day I hope to do one, that day is just not yet.

  • Like 3

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post

So yesterday I really started to feel bad. My head was kinda draining and I would have fits and starts where I felt good then didn't. so walking was bad nad treadmill couldn't happen because well, breathing and being able to swallow are kinda important.


Agents did not have school, so I was home all day so I got extra studying done, but my walking was pathetic. I did do a ton of extra stretches since I am sore from the head cold and from the sitting for the homework. So that was a plus. However I did get most of a huge assignment done yesterday, I need someone ot check my logic and answer one question that looked like it was a typo and then I can turn that in.

Youngest and I also got the broccoli and celery seeds started, so I got that accomplished. Today is the super busy day and I just hope I can get enough accomplished to get to go to bed. I really really don't want to be out of bed.

 

One good thing: Being 99% done with a huge assignment

Time with Agents: Planting seeds

 

Description

2/20/2018

Knee to Elbows

32

Leg lifts

25

sit ups

60

Reverse sit ups

20

Push ups

15

Balance Ball push ups

10

Wrist Extension Stretch

y

Upward dog/Child pose

y

Meditating Groot

y

Butterfly

y

Ballet/toe Touch

y

Sitting Fix

y

Shoulder stretch

y

Spend time with Agents

y

Plan

y

Be in bed by 11:30

y

One good thing

y

Check seedlings

y

Update Kermit list

y

Pennisula/Island

y

Table / Half wall

y

Desk

y

Bathroom up

y

Bathroom down

y

Bedroom

y

Computer room

y

Basement

y

Clean our dresser

y

Walk 10500 steps

3730

Walk 15 minutes a day

n

Walk to Mordor

y

No eating after dinner

y

< 3 bottles of tea

y

Eat Yogurt Daily

y

Eat Bananas Daily

y

Eat dried Apricots

y

1 serving of veggies

y

120 oz of water

y

 

Total points for day 18

Total points for challenge 131.85/180

  • Like 3

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post

I am declaring today a no challenge day. I just fell asleep sitting at my desk from this cold. I am doing bare minimum today and then crashing. That is all. (and for me to admit that, well, its that bad.)

 

Youngest and her friend "Is your mom awake?" "I think she's blinking"

me "I am not dead yet" (but I am close

  • Like 3

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post
3 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

In shape is the key part here. I am no where near ready for one. Last thing I want to do is try, and the fail or hurt myself and prove everyone who says I can't do it right. When I go, I want to finish.

 

Thank you. That sounds great. Its not going to be anytime soon. I need to be able to be stronger first.

 

I have a feeling with all the dancing you do, your in much better shape than I am. Much better. I could probably walk the whole spartan course ATM, but the obstacles would probably be my downfall. I am a few hours outside Chicago, so maybe closer to we talk about finding a group, but until then, the training program will need to wait until I can get some free time. Lol.

 

One day I hope to do one, that day is just not yet.

I hear ya!  I actually didn't dance at all when I did the races, but I was unemployed for a stint so I went crazy with yoga classes and trail running.  I wasn't wonder woman or anything, but that was probably the fittest I've ever been in my whole life.  My running stamina is abysmal now. :P  

 

But yeah, I recommend doing some training first.  It will be so much easier (but still not easy >_>) for some of the obstacles.  I feel like weight lifting would've helped me tremendously if I'd done it before the races.  However, there are also kind people at every obstacle who will usually help you out if you need it.  (I convinced several big, strong, burly men to throw me over the nine foot wall every time.  xD)  So you don't have to have the ability to do the entire set of obstacles without help when you go--just know a few and you'll still finish.

 

Just let me know whenever you wanna go! :D 

 

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So yesterday I really started to feel bad. My head was kinda draining and I would have fits and starts where I felt good then didn't. so walking was bad nad treadmill couldn't happen because well, breathing and being able to swallow are kinda important.


Agents did not have school, so I was home all day so I got extra studying done, but my walking was pathetic. I did do a ton of extra stretches since I am sore from the head cold and from the sitting for the homework. So that was a plus. However I did get most of a huge assignment done yesterday, I need someone ot check my logic and answer one question that looked like it was a typo and then I can turn that in.

Youngest and I also got the broccoli and celery seeds started, so I got that accomplished. Today is the super busy day and I just hope I can get enough accomplished to get to go to bed. I really really don't want to be out of bed.

 

One good thing: Being 99% done with a huge assignment

Time with Agents: Planting seeds

Boo for head cold!  But yay for stretches, your assignment, and seeds! :D  Do you plant your seeds outside in the cold or do you start them indoors in a warmer starter tray and transfer them out when they've sprouted?  My tropical-born mind is still trying to grapple with growing stuff with the seasons.  

 

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Youngest and her friend "Is your mom awake?" "I think she's blinking"

me "I am not dead yet" (but I am close

  Omg, that's such an apt description; it made me chuckle.  I told my mother that all the time when she would catch me falling asleep while reading.  I'm sorry you're having such a down day!  Many hugs and I hope that cold goes away quickly!  

  • Like 2

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

Link to post
On 2/20/2018 at 8:17 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Although reading @Tateman account of the Spartan races did remind me of what I am trying to do. However, I think the problem is right now, I don't completely believe its possible. I know I said I would be okay being fat if I was the strong, healthy fat lady, but I dunno. I don't feel like I am getting stronger and I don't feel like I am making progress. I know the scale isn't really moving, but it kinda feels like I am stagnating. And for Spartans, I will need to be able to hang or pull myself up and I am not there yet. Heck, I don't even have a place to put a pull up bar.

 

I don't think you should worry so much about the scale as your forward moving progress. If you got up today, that's progress. If you put one less spoonful of sugar in your morning coffee, that's progress. If you did a 5 minute walk, that's progress. Even if you did eff all today because your ill and just care for yourself and made plans to get back to moving once you can. that's progress. Moving forward IS progress. We're always our own worst critics. 

I know, I know I bitch about my weight fluctuations. lol I always make sure I remember to be proud of myself for any day I did something good for me though.  Speaking of which... it's already 10 and I haven't done my workout. Oops! I'll be thinkin' of you today and hoping you get to feeling better inside and out! I have absolute faith in your ability! :) 

Also.. here's a kitten...

 

 

images (1).jpg

  • Like 2

Start Weight:  226.5   |   Goal Weight:  180   |   Current Weight:  220

 

Shy Takes A Second

Walk To Mordor And Back Again 2018

 

Note to self.. check out Darebee!! Other cool stuff to check out, Zombies! Run!

Link to post

giphy.gif

 

Yep, still sick all. Yesterday was no challenge day. Today is a maybe. I am not much better but I don't have a choice to stay in bed.

More details on how yesterday went to heck with sick and all plans are broken, so more details coming soon. Right now, I need to become functional for the day.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines