Tateman continuing the Battle to Avoid Surgery

Tateman

Today was kind of a ho hum day. I didn't walk. I should have in the morning. After I got back from getting my son, I started having a pain in my hip. It felt like where my leg goes into the hip socket. It didn't stay, it would just randomly flare up as I moved. So, I figured it was best to not push. This means having to make sure I walk the next 5 days in a row.

A positive note on the day, I did move some boxes and things around at my desk area. So I'm planning on getting that finished up tomorrow, then hopefully, getting the area cleaned up how I want it.

Monday recap

No walk done on Monday. There was some rain in the morning, and I didn't feel like it after I was home from bowling. Bowling was ok. 260, 168, 199 for a 627 series. First game I was on fire, second game, I could not get the same reaction going. Plus a split in the 10th frame didn't help any. Still, good series.

Goal #1: Keto on, and add in IF

MFP Food Diary.  1642 Calories, 11 net carbs. Only two meals, and my dinner was a bigger meal. Still got in my eating window.

Goal #2: Walking, Walking, Walking...

None done.

Goal #3: You must still get Sleep

DOr61Vm.jpg

Running to the bathroom before bed, got me into bed a bit later. Got my reading in, and was off to bed by midnight. 12:22 am to 7:41 am. Mostly a decent sleep until morning.

Tomorrow

I may have to take my kid into school. Will probably head off to the store to grab some items. I also need to get a walk in. Plus try to finish up what I can around my desk area. Busy busy!

• Like 2

Well, looks like life is giving me a real challenge. Stress levels are high.

I won't get into too many details, but this weekend we are making an emergency trip down south. My sister-in-law, and her husband, are having some severe issues. Their oldest lives at home still, and has been relaying information to us over the last few weeks. It seems they have a drinking problem. The oldest kid is like 30. Their youngest is 7. More and more, the parents have been passed out, and the seven year old has gone without for hours until the oldest kid comes home from work. Then she finds the 7 year old crying in her room. I guess cops have been called in the past.

So the oldest sent out a text to the family (my wife and her other sisters), because things really went over the top today. So she was asking for help. I know some are heading that way, and we are coming this weekend. I don't know how we can help, but we are going to do what we can. I found out the husband is in the hospital tonight, apparently he tried to OD on pills. His brother was telling my wife, that things are much worse then we think.

So hopefully, us going down there will help. They are grown ass adults, and have to make the decision to help themselves. us pushing isn't going to make them stop. 

So as it is, I'm not giving up on this challenge. I just might have to hit the pause button this week. I didn't walk tonight. I could try walking tomorrow still, but honestly, I'm just trying to hold in the emotional eating monster at this point. I thought I was doing ok so far, but just walking near the kitchen, and my stomach and brain are trying to tell me to eat. "Hey, all that junk you haven't been eating is all right there. Go ahead, and grab some. Challenge is ruined anyway right!" Sorry fat Brain, I'm not going down that easy.

Plenty of questions for the rest of this week. We leave out on Friday, and will drive back on Monday.  I'll still bowl on Thursday. I don't know how sleep will be. I don't know how food will be.

Tomorrow and most of Friday, I am going to try to stick to my current set of goals. Might not walk, but keeping my eating in control is job #1.

My mini challenge will be this weekend.

#1 Try, really try to eat as keto as I can. 

To help, I will bring some things with me to help. The hotel has a breakfast which will have eggs I believe. So at least I am covered there. I expect easy fast food will be happening for all this. I need to try to do what I can here. If it is a salad from mcdonalds with ranch, then that is what it is. Better then huge burger and fries. etc. I'm not going to stick to a certain IF window, though I will see what I can do. Just focus on not giving in to the feasting monster.

#2 Do what I can to stay in my sleep pattern. I'm bringing my book. So if it is possible, I read and get to bed. 

So, there we have it. I'll be checking in. I will have my laptop. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tateman said:

I won't get into too many details, but this weekend we are making an emergency trip down south. My sister-in-law, and her husband, are having some severe issues. Their oldest lives at home still, and has been relaying information to us over the last few weeks. It seems they have a drinking problem. The oldest kid is like 30. Their youngest is 7. More and more, the parents have been passed out, and the seven year old has gone without for hours until the oldest kid comes home from work. Then she finds the 7 year old crying in her room. I guess cops have been called in the past.

So the oldest sent out a text to the family (my wife and her other sisters), because things really went over the top today. So she was asking for help. I know some are heading that way, and we are coming this weekend. I don't know how we can help, but we are going to do what we can. I found out the husband is in the hospital tonight, apparently he tried to OD on pills. His brother was telling my wife, that things are much worse then we think.

So hopefully, us going down there will help. They are grown ass adults, and have to make the decision to help themselves. us pushing isn't going to make them stop. 

Oh no! That's heart breaking! :( I also have a seven year old and this brings me to tears. I hope ya'll will be able to help. What an awful situation! 

• Like 1

Start Weight:  226.5   |   Goal Weight:  180   |   Current Weight:  220

Shy Takes A Second

Walk To Mordor And Back Again 2018

Note to self.. check out Darebee!! Other cool stuff to check out, Zombies! Run!

So as it is, I'm not giving up on this challenge. I just might have to hit the pause button this week. I didn't walk tonight. I could try walking tomorrow still, but honestly, I'm just trying to hold in the emotional eating monster at this point. I thought I was doing ok so far, but just walking near the kitchen, and my stomach and brain are trying to tell me to eat. "Hey, all that junk you haven't been eating is all right there. Go ahead, and grab some. Challenge is ruined anyway right!" Sorry fat Brain, I'm not going down that easy.

Plenty of questions for the rest of this week. We leave out on Friday, and will drive back on Monday.  I'll still bowl on Thursday. I don't know how sleep will be. I don't know how food will be.

Tomorrow and most of Friday, I am going to try to stick to my current set of goals. Might not walk, but keeping my eating in control is job #1.

My mini challenge will be this weekend.

#1 Try, really try to eat as keto as I can. 
To help, I will bring some things with me to help. The hotel has a breakfast which will have eggs I believe. So at least I am covered there. I expect easy fast food will be happening for all this. I need to try to do what I can here. If it is a salad from mcdonalds with ranch, then that is what it is. Better then huge burger and fries. etc. I'm not going to stick to a certain IF window, though I will see what I can do. Just focus on not giving in to the feasting monster.

#2 Do what I can to stay in my sleep pattern. I'm bringing my book. So if it is possible, I read and get to bed. 

So, there we have it. I'll be checking in. I will have my laptop. 

That’s tragic. Take care of yourself as much as you can while you take care of your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, shy said:

Oh no! That's heart breaking! :( I also have a seven year old and this brings me to tears. I hope ya'll will be able to help. What an awful situation! 

1 hour ago, Hypotheticalfox said:

That’s tragic. Take care of yourself as much as you can while you take care of your family.

Thanks. Getting more updates. The sister-in-law has been checked into a place, so hopefully, both of them can get some counselling done. She is in a 72 hour hold window (no visitors etc) but we will be able to see her on Saturday.

So, we will be there to support the rest of the family as much as we can at least. :)

• Like 2

Glad they are getting counseling. Hope that will help. Yay for not giving up on the challenge. Even if you can't make the best choices while you are away, try and make the good choices of what you have.

• Like 2

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

So glad she's getting help! I can't imagine how difficult this must be for the kids. 

Ya' know, I've been under some stress (financial difficulties, etc.) and I've found exercising really helps keep me more balanced. I feel like I'm more in control of my emotions and handle things more easily when I get regular exercise. I hope it helps you also! <3 

• Like 1

Start Weight:  226.5   |   Goal Weight:  180   |   Current Weight:  220

Shy Takes A Second

Walk To Mordor And Back Again 2018

Note to self.. check out Darebee!! Other cool stuff to check out, Zombies! Run!

Thanks everyone, for checking in. Sorry about the disappearing act I did. I got back from the trip down south, and got in a blog post, but never got posting here.

Basic rundown.

Sister-in-law is in a facility. She is there voluntarily, and can technically leave whenever. It looks like she will be in there for 3 weeks or so. Her husband was in the hospital, and insurance only let him stay long enough to get detoxed. He has set up some out patient care, AA, and a Psych evaluation. Things look to be moving in a positive direction. The older kids are at home still, and will be helping as they can. In a few weeks, the Husband and youngest are coming up our way to spend time with his brother, and us.

As far as I know, things are still going well for them. So we will see if we keep getting updates.

For me, my trip was bad. I ate bad. I paid for it too. Though when I got back, I went right back to Keto mode. I should have been posting back here right away, but the old embarrassed/ashamed part of me was kicking in. A positive I came away with though, was that I did eat some really great food. The first meal down was garbage McDonalds, and it put my in a horrible mood. I bounced back from that, and figured if we were going to eat stuff, then it at least needs to be good. Of course, it was easy for me to give into the snack bag my wife brought with candies and things.

So the last week, I have been getting back on track. Sleep was up and down, but eating was good. No exercise. I pretty much realized it was last week, and figured it was a bit of a wash. It's ok though. I had a couple of decent weeks.

Last night

Now Last night, I broke Keto again. Thought this was kinda planned from the beginning. The was supposed to be the first break from Keto I had. My wife worked for Netflix DVD. They had a company party last night. 20 years since they shipped their first DVD. At the party, I had some drinks (alcohol was weak) Tried Chicken and Waffles for the first time. It was really good. Plus had a few other things.

It was a circus theme type party. They had lot of performing acts, and Puddles Pity Party :D So of course, I had to get a picture with him

Dude is so tall. He was amazing. My wife had never heard of him. The party was from 7 to 11 pm. He did 3 separate set, and there was others in between. He had a lot of crowd interactions. He got out and grabbed a few of the people to participate.

After the party, we had the after party back at the hotel bar. Much better drinks there, and they had some great food too.

Overall, it was a blast. I was glad I let myself just enjoy the time with my wife and the others.

On the way home today, my wife asked everyone "What are we having to eat?". My first thought was one more bad meal. Alas, I choose to hope back on the keto train today. So Once again I am back at it for a couple of weeks. New York is hitting first week of next challenge. So I am already thinking of ideas for that.

Tomorrow, I will post up my final results of the challenge. I probably gained back another 5 pound last night haha.

• Like 4

I’m glad your family is getting back on the right track. I totally understand the embarrassment/shame factor in not posting, and great job getting back to it. The part sounds awesome! You definitely deserved to have a night to let loose a little.
Good to hear from you again, and keep it up!

• Like 2

Sounds like your family is getting the help they need.

Way to go on getting right back into healthy eating. And just noticing that when you eat crummy, you feel crummy. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Challenge conclusion summary

First couple of weeks were actually pretty good. The 3rd week was doing fine as well, but then the family emergency struck. That threw me off Keto, and put me in kinda of a bad place mentally. I didn't post here when I first got back. I did however start bouncing back when I got home. I did well, and had one more night off for the party. 

So didn't exactly finish the challenge like I thought I would. Still, I don't feel like I failed so much. Overall, I did lose some if the weight I gained back the last week. Overall for the challenge I am down to 335.4 lbs. I ended last challenge at 345.6 lbs, and started this challenge at 340.2 lbs. Overall, that trend line is going down. I just have some blips in the road.

I took measurements today as well. I have lost in all places but my neck. 

Measurements End of last challenge/Start of new challenge/Finish:

(taken Feb 5th)

Weight: 345.6 lbs / 340.2 lbs / 335.4 lbs

Neck:  19.68 in / 18.85 in / 19.60 in

Chest:  54.72 in / 53.74 in / 52.95 in

Waist at bell button:  59.84 in / 58.66 in / 58.07 in

Bicep (L):  16.37 in / 17.08 in / 17 in

Bicep (R):  16.33 in / 17.04 in / 16.61 in

Forearm (L):  13.34 in / 13.46 in / 13.22 in

Forearm (R):  13.58 in / 13.58 in / 13.50 in

Thigh (L):  29.44 in / 28.70 in / 28.58 in

Thigh (R):  28.30 in / 27.99 in / 27.71 in

So now, I move onto the next challenge. I big things there, is that it is time for my New York trip. Off to bowl, and hopefully, not gain too much weight back ;)

• Like 2