From 315 to 290... I'm excited!

Hello!

Well, I wanted to share some of my experience here. 

I made a 180° last January 2, 2018. I weighed it myself on December 31 and I was on my heaviest... 315 pounds. As a 5'4" guy, this was unacceptable, shocking and right on wrong. I'm a microbiologist so I did what I do best... I scienced the crap out of weight loss! I researched that I need it to consume fewer calories so I got myself a food journal. I started tracking EVERYTHING I ate. That made me figure out that I was consuming insane amounts of calories daily so, I started "polishing" my eating habits. (see that I don't use the word D_ _ _ because it sounds restrictive and negative. Eating habits sounds more friendly)

After 2 weeks I left behind: sodas, juices, candy, chips, outrageously big fast food combos, extra salty snacks and some other things. I also downloaded a workout app. I get bored easily so I analyzed what was the least amount of time I could do some workout and I ended knowing that I could do 10 minutes. That made me commit to moving and I have been doing it since January 2. I got to admit, I almost died that first day but, I did it anyway. My eating habits change and then I started counting calories too. After I got my RMR and BMR, I got a calorie goal and I have been sticking to it. I don't mind counting and measuring portions since that is second nature to me as a microbiologist. I have been tracking what I eat, when I eat, moving and... yes, losing weight.

Today has been 1 month and 8 days since I turn around to leave my gravity suit behind. I have lost 25 pounds since and I see results in every aspect. I joined Nerd Fitness to get an extra boost since I don't have access to weights yet and I wanted to recover my muscles (FYI I used to lift weights like 12 years ago and I know that those muscles are there... somewhere). Anyway, I won't ramble on anymore. I'm integrating the Beginners Bodyweight Workout and now I do almost 30 minutes of exercise daily to prepare myself for when I hit the gym.

See you around folks! Woot! Woot!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Woohoo! Amazing job :) I love that you analysed what you were doing and made changes for there. Keep us up to date! 

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Wow!! Way to take where you were and what knowledge you had and start with that - and you have learned and grown (er, shrunk) so much!  :D  Good for you!!

giphy.gif 

• Thanks 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers