Hi kittykitty!  Welcome to NF!

Let’s zoom in to your Diet quests for a moment and get a specific plan going.  

• For your first diet quest, how are you going to incorporate more vegetables?  And how much do you have to incorporate for this quest to be considered successful?
  • For your second diet quest, how will you differentiate between “real food” and “convenience food”?  What counts as real food for your quest?  And what counts as convenience food?

• Like 3

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

For the vegetables, I'll be incorporating them in all meals if possible.

To make the quest successful I will have to be mostly using fresh or frozen veggies for better nutritional value. If that makes sense.

Real food vs. Convienience: I'll be limiting processed foods and make sure to make most things from scratch which shouldn't be too hard. That's how I cooked before, just have to figure prep work out. Bwahahaha.

• Like 1

Live this life and enjoy it.

9 hours ago, kittykitty93 said:

Real food vs. Convienience: I'll be limiting processed foods and make sure to make most things from scratch which shouldn't be too hard. That's how I cooked before, just have to figure prep work out. Bwahahaha.

Prep Saturday's meals today.  Prep Sunday's meals on Saturday, etc. (all veggies pre-washed, cut & portioned, protein trimmed if applicable, other components of a dish already measured etc)  That way when it's time for you to cook you just grab your prep and get to it!  It's how I can feed 500+ people at once without getting into a bind!  Friggin' banquets.

• Like 3

Hey Kitty

I am here to follow.

Have you figured out what you want the maintenance schedule to be?  I know I couldn't do a whole schedule off the bat, if its not going well (and you can always adjust your goals as time goes by) you can always just focus on one room or one area to start.

Make sure you are realistic with your time and you don't try and overdo. You have many things on your plate, and if you overdo it, it can get overwhelming.

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

For sure it's overwhelming. Haha! Thankfully my husband and I did a deep clean before our trip a Couple of weeks ago. So today I've just been working on school work and catching up laundry and dishes.
I'm thinking of doing what you had mentioned earlier about selecting a room and cleaning 5 minutes a day.
I should have a definitive schedule by Monday at the latest.
Thanks for staying on me. I need it with as forgetful as I am.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, kittykitty93 said:
Here is the list I have created for my character, I may even add more quests for no XP just to keep progression. But my main concern is becoming consistent.
5a7c8dc24fd49_February2018ChallengeLv1.png.a95fb3a5c9e5c38e986a1e47147f075f.png

When you popped by my challenge, I liked what you had to say. Hope you don’t mind me following yours to see what you’re up to. Mommy-ing and trying to be a full (or at least partial) person outside that realm is tough, and I’m always looking to steal ideas from other people.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk   <—— (Turn off tapatalk spam)

• Like 4

Hey Kitty.

On the weekends sometimes I get a bit light on the board.

I think the schedule looks good. Its amazing how much something like that can help.

The deep clean would be nice to get done, but I don't see it happening in the immediate future. However, my 5 minutes allows me to sort of do that.

Steal whatever you need from my thread or ideas. Around here, everyone picks and chooses somethings from other people's challenges and changes them a bit to fit their needs. Its very helpful when trying to come up with how to tackle something

• Like 2

I really dig this challenge, Kitty. Your title drew me in initially because who doesn't want to see the birth of a legend??

rs_560x342-150510083933-1024.deadpool.cm.51015.jpg

I really like your printed schedule and that you've hung it up where you can see it. That's smart. 

On 2/8/2018 at 6:23 PM, kittykitty93 said:

That's how I cooked before, just have to figure prep work out. Bwahahaha.

Yep! Prep work is best work. It's difficult, but the payoff is amazing :)  I'll be following along rooting for you, Kitty! 

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

So far the progress has consisted of changes around the house. I find that instead of being on my keister most of the day I'm going around cleaning this picking up that, you know stuff any normal homemaker mom would right?
I do have to give thanks to everyone on here who's helped me by keeping me engaged and helping me feel that this is important, it really can happen, and everyone starts somewhere. Mine just so happens to be super potato. Lol

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kittykitty93 said:

So far the progress has consisted of changes around the house. I find that instead of being on my keister most of the day I'm going around cleaning this picking up that, you know stuff any normal homemaker mom would right?
I do have to give thanks to everyone on here who's helped me by keeping me engaged and helping me feel that this is important, it really can happen, and everyone starts somewhere. Mine just so happens to be super potato. Lol

This makes total sense.

Let me tell you at one point, I would fold laundry in the kitchen. I would grab a piece of laundry and walk laps of the table and the island while I fold it and then put it ont he table to grab another piece just to get my steps up. I totally get it.

• Like 3

Update of this past week:
I've been able to keep up with the home care schedule and as a result have been able to retake the laundry room, kitchen and bathroom. Our bed room and the kids bedrooms are still being maintained well.
School is still doing pretty ok. I've been able to stay on top of my work thankfully while also making time for my family, which is part of the reason it has taken me this long to report back in.

We had a bit of a scare yesterday though. My husband and I were out having lunch together while the kids were being taken care of, and just as I start on my entree my chest started hurting horribly. It took everything I had not to blackout and I was worried because heart disease runs in my family pretty rampant I might add.
I had felt this before but this time was the absolute worst one, lasting for over an hour and completely taking all of my energy.
My hubby ended up taking me to the hospital just to be sure and the EKG came back good and it took them forever to take blood samples for testing. My blood just wasn't coming out. I don't understand why, I was hydrated well. After a while the results came back excellent. Everything was just where it needed to be, so they are giving me some medicine for stomach acid and another one I forget what it's for, I just know it's supposed to help the first one. All this just to see if it's GERD.

Like you guys really wanted to hear all of that but that's where we are at right now in the fight to regain my life.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, kittykitty93 said:

Update of this past week:
I've been able to keep up with the home care schedule and as a result have been able to retake the laundry room, kitchen and bathroom. Our bed room and the kids bedrooms are still being maintained well.

This is good news. I am glad things are going well here.

School is still doing pretty ok. I've been able to stay on top of my work thankfully while also making time for my family, which is part of the reason it has taken me this long to report back in.

This is great news. I struggled with this recently, so I know how much it time it can take and how much it can affect the other factors. Report in when you can, we understand.

We had a bit of a scare yesterday though. My husband and I were out having lunch together while the kids were being taken care of, and just as I start on my entree my chest started hurting horribly. It took everything I had not to blackout and I was worried because heart disease runs in my family pretty rampant I might add.
I had felt this before but this time was the absolute worst one, lasting for over an hour and completely taking all of my energy.
My hubby ended up taking me to the hospital just to be sure and the EKG came back good and it took them forever to take blood samples for testing. My blood just wasn't coming out. I don't understand why, I was hydrated well. After a while the results came back excellent. Everything was just where it needed to be, so they are giving me some medicine for stomach acid and another one I forget what it's for, I just know it's supposed to help the first one. All this just to see if it's GERD.

Like you guys really wanted to hear all of that but that's where we are at right now in the fight to regain my life.

Okay, first off, this is the kind of things we will always listen to. This would be totally scary and I would of had the same reactions. Its that moment of "am I dying".  So feel free to tell us whatever you are comfortable telling us.

So you had a scare. The question is, what are you going to do about it now. How are the diet and exercise goals going? did you get any of those done last week? If we are fighting here, then its time to suit up and get to work.

ZfGxxx.gif

• Like 1

Okay, first off, this is the kind of things we will always listen to. This would be totally scary and I would of had the same reactions. Its that moment of "am I dying".  So feel free to tell us whatever you are comfortable telling us.

So you had a scare. The question is, what are you going to do about it now. How are the diet and exercise goals going? did you get any of those done last week? If we are fighting here, then its time to suit up and get to work.

ZfGxxx.gif
Fitness wise still progressing by being more active, I really don't sit during the day anymore and I'm constantly doing something and I have our pull up bar mounted in the hall so anytime I go near there I try to do a pull up but even an attempt or a dead hang helps to get that strength back.
Diet wise, I honestly have no idea anymore, the only thing I can think of is to limit acidic foods in my diet and anything that can trigger the reflux. Still doing research on that, probably going to go back to Paleo since that was a style my husband and I both liked.
Just frustrated. I'm turning 25 this year and these issues shouldn't be coming about but I am genetically predisposed to heart disease, gall bladder issues, even GERD, and IBS. There last two are more likely to happen since I had to have my gall bladder removed s couple of years ago.
I'm working so hard to beat these things and right now, I'm just at a loss. Time to regroup and devise another strategy! Bwahaha
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, kittykitty93 said:

Fitness wise still progressing by being more active, I really don't sit during the day anymore and I'm constantly doing something and I have our pull up bar mounted in the hall so anytime I go near there I try to do a pull up but even an attempt or a dead hang helps to get that strength back.
Diet wise, I honestly have no idea anymore, the only thing I can think of is to limit acidic foods in my diet and anything that can trigger the reflux. Still doing research on that, probably going to go back to Paleo since that was a style my husband and I both liked.
Just frustrated. I'm turning 25 this year and these issues shouldn't be coming about but I am genetically predisposed to heart disease, gall bladder issues, even GERD, and IBS. There last two are more likely to happen since I had to have my gall bladder removed s couple of years ago.
I'm working so hard to beat these things and right now, I'm just at a loss. Time to regroup and devise another strategy! Bwahaha

And it is okay to regroup and change things up as needed. Not everything works for every person (or this would be simple) so do what you need to do. If you liked Paleo, try it. If it helps, you will know.

I think the pull up bar is a great idea. Hopefully that is helping. I understand the issues. My Acid reflux popped up about 21 and Its been a constant, even when I was thinner before kids. Hopefully the meds help. I will suggest for a bit keep a food log and note what makes the reflux worse and in some cases what makes it better. For me, I need bread and dairy when its really bad so ice cream sandwiches can help.

If its too many things to figure out at once, pick ONE and start there. Then go to the next one. List out everything you want to fix, and then pick one and get it rolling then pick another to work on when you think you got a handle on the first. This is a marathon, don't wear yourself out in beginning.

• Like 3

Alrighty, another week down and we've made some progress. Most days now I feel comfortable and motivated! I'm in mid terms this week for my coursework, so I've been busy yet again. Bwahaha. The house isn't perfectly clean but it's a lot cleaner and organized than it was consistently.
Mostly water has been consumed in our household as opposed to soda and sweet tea.
Slowly but surely we are making progress and it's here to stay!
Thank you guys for being here.

Sent from my Z815 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Alrighty, another week down and we've made some progress. Most days now I feel comfortable and motivated! I'm in mid terms this week for my coursework, so I've been busy yet again. Bwahaha. The house isn't perfectly clean but it's a lot cleaner and organized than it was consistently.
Mostly water has been consumed in our household as opposed to soda and sweet tea.

Nice work! Keep it up and go kick some mid-terms’ asses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
On 2/25/2018 at 8:23 PM, kittykitty93 said:

Glad to hear your making progess. The feeling comfortable and motivated is a huge step. That makes so many things so much easier. And getting the house in order can really help.

Good luck with midterms.

Glad to hear about it being mostly water. I know that can help as well.

Sorry I am a bit late, I went down with the flu last week and am finally playing catch up. Keep it up, your doing great.

• Like 1

hey how are you doing Kitty? I'm really glad that you guys went to the hospital with that health scare, I also come from a family with lots of heart problems. and for women, it's so super critical that we don't just write off a chest (or even stomach) pain, because our outcomes are more dramatic than mens are. 

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

hey how are you doing Kitty? I'm really glad that you guys went to the hospital with that health scare, I also come from a family with lots of heart problems. and for women, it's so super critical that we don't just write off a chest (or even stomach) pain, because our outcomes are more dramatic than mens are. 

I appreciate you asking. Things are still going pretty good with the challenge, depending on finances my hubby and I should be able to sign up for the gym again which will be amazing. Housekeeping has become a habit again and veggies have been making regular appearances in our meals.
Thank you guys for the accountability.

• Like 1