Harleytrypp's Respawning

Hi all, 

So I've been here at NF for years, and did a challenge or two long ago, lurked a bit, and chime in on some posts from time to time throughout the years.  Life sometimes gets in the way of our own betterment, but now is the time to begin again.  Here are my goals for the upcoming 4 week challenge.

1) Cut out Soda’s

2) Clean Dirty dishes from the sinks

3) Excersize twice a week

4) Compile a list of all my bills to begin developing a budget.

in more detail.... 

Cut out Soda's is a no brainer... I've done it before and went 3 months without, but they creeped back into my life and now I'm 3 or 4 a week... time to knock them out again.

Clean Dirty dishes from the sinks.... sounds really mundane, but due to emotional issues in my life for the last couple of years they have piled up, filling the dual kitchen sinks, then the 8 foot long kitchen counter, and then a deep utility room sink... at this point, I am using only 1 plate, 1 glass and a knife, fork and spoon, which I wash after each use.  I cannot cook as all the pots and pans are dirty, so Hot-pockets in the microwave or fast food has been my dinners for several months.  It may take the better part of the whole 4 week challenge to achieve this one.

Excersize twice a week...  this one I've been hit and miss over the years.... I'll come on strong for a couple of months using home video workouts, then skip one, then skip another, then done... I have found I need structure, so I'm joining a gym, first time in my life.  We'll see if this helps.

Compile a list of all my bills to begin developing a budget....   This one ties into the emotional issues mentioned in the Dishes goal.... My wife and I separated a couple of years ago but she has still been maintaining the bills.  We are just now beginning to divide the bills for the two households and I'm 23 years out of practice doing my own bills.  So, with her help, I'll be gathering all the bills that are mine, and comparing that to my income, to see where I stand.

I'll be checking in with my progress.

• Like 2

Level: 2 Celt Adventurer

Str: 3 Dex: 2 Sta: 2 Con: 4.25 Wis: 4.75 Cha: 4

Challenges: 1 / 2

Excersize twice a week...  So I'm 53 years old, and just joined my first gym.... Planet Fitness, by my job.  I would have done a work out right then, but I was in jeans, and their dress code doesn't allow jeans.  I'm planning every Tuesday and Thursday after work, but maybe I'll run out there on the weekend to break it in.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 3:57 PM, Harleytrypp said:

Excersize twice a week...  this one I've been hit and miss over the years.... I'll come on strong for a couple of months using home video workouts, then skip one, then skip another, then done... I have found I need structure, so I'm joining a gym, first time in my life.  We'll see if this helps.

Huge step, congrats man! Any idea what kind of program you want to use?

Hey all, 

Checking in.....

1) Cut out Soda’s   - Haven't had any since committing.

2) Clean Dirty dishes from the sinks - They are still there... taunting me... I'll attack the utility room sink tonight, after work.

3) Excersize twice a week - With the new gym membership, I'll be starting tomorrow. (Tuesdays and Thursdays)

4) Compile a list of all my bills to begin developing a budget. - Gathered a few already, need to to get the rest from my (ex)wife... what do you call a wife/ex-wife when your separated not divorced?!?  Neither one feels right.

• Like 2

Just now, Laghail said:

Huge step, congrats man! Any idea what kind of program you want to use?

Just wanting to do some Strength and some Cardio... I don't know what all Planet Fitness has, tomorrow will be my first expedition to a new land.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harleytrypp said:

Just wanting to do some Strength and some Cardio... I don't know what all Planet Fitness has, tomorrow will be my first expedition to a new land.

Yeah, go slow man, this stuff can be overwhelming, or it was for me anyway. I remember wandering around looking at the various free weights and machines, then retreating to the treadmill for 30 mins before going home. The next day I tried a machine before retreating to cardio, the next day some weights; ended up building my comfort zone over the course of a couple weeks. But, most people are more adventurous than me haha.

• Like 1
On 2/8/2018 at 4:57 PM, Harleytrypp said:

Cut out Soda's is a no brainer... I've done it before and went 3 months without, but they creeped back into my life and now I'm 3 or 4 a week... time to knock them out again.

This was a very hard habit for me to break too. Have you tried kombucha? It gives me the satisfaction of the "fizz" without the added BS ;). Rooting for you, Harley!

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

16 minutes ago, Wolfpool said:

This was a very hard habit for me to break too. Have you tried komucha? It gives me the satisfaction of the "fizz" without the added BS ;). Rooting for you, Harley!

Wolf

Thanks... no I haven't tried komucha.  I'll have to look into that.... my issue with sodas, is mostly their too damn convenient.   I hate paying for water.  So if I'm out, it's too easy to grab a mountain dew instead of finding my bottle, and a water source, and filling it up.... etc.  It's a lazyness thing... but I'm staying good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harleytrypp said:

Thanks... no I haven't tried komucha.  I'll have to look into that.... my issue with sodas, is mostly their too damn convenient.   I hate paying for water.  So if I'm out, it's too easy to grab a mountain dew instead of finding my bottle, and a water source, and filling it up.... etc.  It's a lazyness thing... but I'm staying good.

I hear ya there, lol. We stopped paying for water at my house and just got one of those filter jugs that we refill. Convenience defeats me on a regular basis because I also get lazy but I'm glad you're staying good! 

And since I apparently can't spell, so I fixed my post. But, KOMBUCHA is amazing stuff. My wife actually makes her own. Check out THIS article if you want to dive in deeper to the benefits of kombucha :) 

• Like 1

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

1 minute ago, Wolfpool said:

I hear ya there, lol. We stopped paying for water at my house and just got one of those filter jugs that we refill. Convenience defeats me on a regular basis because I also get lazy but I'm glad you're staying good! 

And since I apparently can't spell, so I fixed my post. But, KOMBUCHA is amazing stuff. My wife actually makes her own. Check out THIS article if you want to dive in deeper to the benefits of kombucha :) 

Wolf

OOOOH!!!! KOMBUCHA!!! yeah, I've tried it.... not a fan of the "tangy-ness" of it.  Maybe Ill give it another try.....  all suggestion are welcome.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Konbucha is the bomb. My go to when I want to grab something fast is unsweetened iced tea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, I do a lot of unsweetened tea.... it can be hit or miss when you're out... if the restaurant hasn't cleaned their urn in a while.    At home, I'll blend a bag of Tetley and Celestial Season's Constant Comment.  Nice blend with mild spices.

• Like 2

I'm a coffee or water kinda gal...haven't been able to drink soda (without a mixer) in about 20 years!

Welcome back! 

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I went to the gym last night, for about half an hour.  Did some Strength and Cardio.  Wandered around trying different machines.  I have an orientation there on thursday, to learn more on what programs they have.

• Like 3

1 success - I went to the Gym last night and had a nice orientation, where the trainer walked my through the machines that were available.  I'm excited, because one of my long term goals is to do a chin-up and they have an assisted pull-up/dip machine.  So I'll be spending some time on that for sure.

1 failure - I absent mindedly grabbed a Mountain Dew with my breakfast this morning.  :(  "BAD HARLEY"  well, back to day zero.... no more sodas.

• Like 2

Well, I've had a pretty big road bump.... my cat, by daughters baby and my little man, passed away Monday afternoon.  I came home from work Monday evening and found him, in his final sleep.  I had to take him to be cremated yesterday.  I am going to miss him leaping to my shoulder, laying across the back of by neck, meeting me at the door or trying to steal food from my mouth if I wasn't quick enough giving him a sample of what I was eating....   

I've been still good, not having sodas, but there's been little progress on the dishes, I skipped the Gym yesterday, and the list of bills is proving to be more emotionally difficult than I thought it might be, not wanting conflict with my estranged wife.  I found out yesterday that for me to get a homestead exemption on my house we will have to divorce, which we were not going to bother with.  So, that's 1 more headache.

• Sad 2

On 2/16/2018 at 8:28 AM, Harleytrypp said:

I'm excited, because one of my long term goals is to do a chin-up and they have an assisted pull-up/dip machine.  So I'll be spending some time on that for sure.

Awesome goal! It's soooooo satisfying when you get your first chin-up/pull-up :) Way to go on the workout, Harley!

On 2/16/2018 at 8:28 AM, Harleytrypp said:

1 failure - I absent mindedly grabbed a Mountain Dew with my breakfast this morning.  :(  "BAD HARLEY"  well, back to day zero.... no more sodas.

If it were easy, everyone would do it. Keep you "chin-up" (;)) and don't worry about this trip up. We all have them-it's a matter of what you do next and I believe you'll be just fine.

Well, I've had a pretty big road bump.... my cat, by daughters baby and my little man, passed away Monday afternoon.  I came home from work Monday evening and found him, in his final sleep

Man.... so sorry to hear this, Harley. Hugs, brother.

So, that's 1 more headache.

Hmmmm....gym time may be the thing that can help with this. There's something to be said about pushing around some iron for therapudic purposes. I'll be praying for you in this situation, sir.

Wolf

• Like 1

Spoiler

On 2/13/2018 at 12:23 PM, sbhoward said:

the Live brand - it has flavors like Cola and Pure Doctor

I'm intrigued! I'll be on the lookout for these :)

Wolf

Spoiler

20 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Hmmmm....gym time may be the thing that can help with this. There's something to be said about pushing around some iron for therapudic purposes. I'll be praying for you in this situation, sir.

Wolf

Thank you for all your good words and prayers..  Gym night tonight for some sweat therapy.

Thank you for all your good words and prayers..  Gym night tonight for some sweat therapy.

That's a good idea! I'm so sorry you lost your kitty. :(

La esperanza del fénix puede abrirse camino a través de los cielos del desierto y aún desafiar el rencor de la fortuna; revivir de las cenizas y levantarse.

Miguel de Cervantes

SeraphinaLevel 3 scrub.

Seraphina Rises [Battle Log] | Drawing on the Power of Plants [Vegan Recipe Book]

Seraphina Might Be Using Magic [Still a Ranger, Promise] || Past Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3