Trauma - Force Quit - Reboot

Hello everyone! I am a returning player. I regret what time has gone by since my last participation, but I'm ready to respawn. I had a tidal wave of personal life trauma hit me all at once, and in the overwhelm, I had let my wellness go in order to focus on my one remaining HP. I'd like to explain my various trauma, then how I've let things go, and finally what I'd like to do to press New Game Plus.

image.jpeg.97862631ff9b609a0ef8c282dab3e983.jpeg

So, I'll keep this point as concise as possible lest I end up writing a short essay. The first thread that unraveled things for me is I began experience a religious change. This change began a phase a self discovery that resulted in breaking up my relationship. It's not that I didn't feel for the individual, it's just that the relationship wasn't good for me, so it was painful to make myself do it. I am now single for the first time since 2003. I'm experiencing a gender transition (from male to non-binary), and that allowed me to begin a sexual orientation transition (hetero to pan). Meanwhile, I'm attending school for a career change which will not only introduce a lot of new debt but may also require me to move away from my child altering the custody agreement in a less than ideal manner. The change is due to a job which is frankly toxic for me and causing a slow death, figuratively.

I've had some roommates move in with me, but with how my internal world has been, I haven't been contributing around the house as much as they have which has caused some guilt. Meanwhile, all of my responsibilities are on life support threatening to die on me at any second (I feel), which causes the feeling of a total lack of control in my life. And so, I'm ready to learn how to reboot my life. I've been doing some research, and it sounds like it's going to take some reflection and organization. I could certainly use a guild to help me while I try to power level a new character.

So my new game plus - this is my first step. To hopefully reach back into the world and find some manner of encouragement or support. I'm going to be doing some assessing of my current situation and what doesn't seem to be working. Then, I'll reflect on my values and goals.  After, I'll be reimagining my level 60 as described in LUYL. Finally, I'm going to basically write a strategy guide on how I can get to level 60 and join in the NF challenge that will be starting next. I'll be creating a public journal and sticking a link in my profile and signature to keep me feeling accountable, so for those who are interested in my New Game Plus journey, it will be accessible.

Wish me luck fellow adventurers. ;) 

Image result for borderlands 2 badass

• Like 2

"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."
- Persona 3