So after originally posting in the Ranger's forum I've been thinking on the journey ahead.

I am stiff, and could probably stand to do a primer to get back into fighting form, so to speak. So Would I or should I join the Druids for a time since yoga is going to be a big part of my beginning or will it be okay to stay with the Rangers since they're more a cross-fit/ functional fitness minded group?

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated... Within reason.

Live this life and enjoy it.

Plenty of us in the Ranger corps do Yoga. Having said that, the guilds were originally designed so that you could jump around based on your goals for that particular challenge, and it's okay to post your challenge in any guild you want regardless of where you have posted before.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 2/11/2018 at 8:48 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Plenty of us in the Ranger corps do Yoga. Having said that, the guilds were originally designed so that you could jump around based on your goals for that particular challenge, and it's okay to post your challenge in any guild you want regardless of where you have posted before.

^This

The guild challenges are where people who are training like you are more likely to congregate.  There is nothing wrong with being a crossfitty/functional fitness person who takes a couple of weeks to work on yoga and stretching with the Druids.  Nothing wrong with a Warrior who takes up weekend hiking for active recovery and does a challenge in the Adventurers.  Or a Monk who can't make it to their dojo and decides to run for endurance purposes with the Scouts.

And if you eventually decide you want to shift so that what was once secondary becomes primary, there's nothing stopping you from fully embracing it, especially not fitness-co-opted D&D class names. :) 

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School