• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
fireandlight

Fireandlight takes on the Long Game

I was all prepped and ready to go over a week ago, but life happened and so here I am now. In the car on the log ride home from a hockey game, I suddenly realized that tomorrow is the start of the challenge.

I’m just happy I remembered now instead of tomorrow or even later in the week.

Just as with the previous challenge - this challenge for me is about building on the foundation of the habits I started last challenge.

QUEST 1:  Love thyself, Part II

• CRITERIA: Meditate for 5 minutes each day. Bonus points for meditating before 5pm.
  • LOOT QUALIFIER:
    • Small prize: End with a 7 minute average per day
    • Large prize: End with 7 minute average or more per day, and 25% or more sessions before 8pm
  • LOOT:
    • Small prize: 2 New items of clothing
    • Large prize: $200 Shopping Spree

QUEST 2: Round is not the shape I want to be, Part II

• CRITERIA: Work out every Monday and Wednesday for a minimum of 20 minutes. Allowances are available on days where Monday or Wednesday are travel days
  • LOOT QUALIFIER:
    • Small prize: Complete 8 out of 8 workouts
    • Large prize: Complete 8 out of 8 workouts, +6 extra workouts from other days
  • LOOT:
    • Small prize: New workout outfit
    • Large prize: Personal Trainer

QUEST 3: Let’s get hitched, Part II

• CRITERIA: Complete the following tasks by the end of the challenge
    • Schedule dress fittings
    • Design invitations
    • Send pictures of bouquet choices
    • Call wedding planner with questions
    • Finalize wedding favors
    • Confirm FOB attire
    • Confirm FG attire
    • Confirm RB attire
  • LOOT QUALIFIER: None
  • LOOT: None

QUEST 4: Better to bend than break, Part II

• CRITERIA: Complete 3 yoga sessions per week (10-15 minutes per session)
  • LOOT QUALIFIER: Complete 12 yoga sessions total
  • LOOT: New Yoga mat

Challenge log is here.

• Like 1

Hi, nice goals. Also I like that you put some thought into the loot (and extra loot :) ). The wedding in Quest 3 is yours I assume? Congratulations!   

• Like 1

Hi, nice goals. Also I like that you put some thought into the loot (and extra loot  ). The wedding in Quest 3 is yours I assume? Congratulations!   

Yes, it is definitely mine ! And thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Day one went well. Started a new workout program with Asana Rebel (the yoga app I use - and got a subscription to after last challenge!). The first session was a little challenging, but that's the whole point, right?

It set me up with the program on Sunday, Tuesday, and a couple workouts later in the week, which doesn't line up well with my commitment to go to the gym on Mondays and Wednesdays. Will see about trying to do cardio on those days to stick with that goal, otherwise I may just adjust and go to doing Sunday's and Tuesday's to match up with the program.

I started in on the wedding invitations, but have already started to hit some snags. Have some thoughts on how to get around them, but it'll have to wait until the weekend. In the mean time I should probably get some of the other "one and done" tasks out of the way, but will have to find time to do them with all the crap going on at work right now.

Day two worked out. Got some cardio in at the gym after work, and finished my meditation around 7:15/7:30 (cutting it a little close to the 8pm deadline, but hey, I like to live on the edge). Not much else to comment on, other than I'm trying to keep the momentum going.

• Like 2

Hey, glad to hear you're off to a good start! Getting exercise programs to line up with other exercise plans can be a bit of a pain, can't it? I hope you get everything figured out to your satisfaction soon! 

Things are going okay.

I’m hitting my challenge goals, for the most part. I actually did 4?5? Workouts last week, even though I technically missed one of my actual required days.

Now the hard part. Work has decided to ship me off to another country for a week.

I found a hotel with a gym, but I’m really worried being off schedule is going to make it hard for me to get at least 3 days in.

I’m also discouraged by the fact that every time I start to get a good workout rhythm, the scale starts to go the opposite direction. I have one that measure Body Fat and Muscle percentages, and these gains don’t really seem to be muscle related.

Yet again I’m thinking about trying to keep myself from weighing for the remainder of the challenge and see where I come out at the end, but that typically doesn’t last more than a week.

We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on missing just one workout and being so disciplined on the other ones. Good luck on keeping it that way when you're abroad. I know it can be extra tough then.

Don't worry about the scale. The body fat it measures is the one in the legs and I am not even sure that it does that correctly.