lucky fire dragon shifts shape part 2 SMILE

Building onto my January Challenge, here goes Lucky Fire Dragon Shifting Shape Part 2

Observing myself in week Zero (and probably it started way before) I noticed, I've become a bit too serious in my life again and as serious often equals stiff - how can I possibly shift shape this way?! 

Time to lighten up a bit again :)

So I decided to take a more pleasant approach and what is the most pleasing 5 letter word?

Grinch-Smile-GIF-the-grinch-27844611-500

Exactly!!!

So this will be my approach for the February/March Challenge. I won't cry at the same problem twice although I might laugh at the same joke twice and as worrying is truly pointless, I will rather choose to

Soup or salad

a well nourished body is a happy body is a fit body - eat moar veggies is the goal here. Current level of salad intake approx 0, current level of veggie soups maybe 1/week, not good enough! Get those nutrients and have either salad or soup or at least something veggie in raw every day

Hoping this will reduce cravings for too many carbs or sugar. I've managed to get down from 70kg to fluctuating between 68 and 69kg, would love to have a 67 showing a few times now :) 

Monkey time

Get strong: Daily 10 (chin ups from tip toe, push ups, knee tucks from hanging) will continue. Will aim for full push ups again even if it means spreading the 10 out over the whole day

Get nimble: go to the flipping yoga classes! They do me good, I pay for monthly membership, I must GO! Take part in 6 classes over the course of the challenge

Simply play: dangle from pull up bar or rings or hoop or roll on floor attempting flows or goof around pole, the goal is simply to move and have fun without serious expectations, maybe this will get me at it more often?

Inspiration

Receiving and sharing inspirations:
Reading something inspiring every day, even if it's just two sentences. Currently I am reading "Big Magic" by Elizabeth Gilbert, "The Secret Language of the Heart" by Barry Goldstein and I have other books waiting that I know will make me want to jump up and work in a good way, yet I often forget to actually read them :P

Keep up meditation, maybe create a tailored mix of the Dr Joe ones that contain the pineal gland breathing as well as tuning into new potentials.... 

Keep writing for my meditation book, also I have a silent retreat coming up that I'd like to prepare as best as I can and in March I am teaching a workshop for energy healing which I haven't done in years and want to do very different to back then, so will need to draft a whole new script and everything. 4TW will hopefully see me busy :) 

Laugh and love

Spend time with my dear ones and make them laugh or at least crack a smile every day. They do laugh often as is, of course, but it's a fun goal to remind me to lighten up myself and it will also make me extra aware of their cheerful moments, which I want to soak up simply because

Embrace

whatever comes along. Be kind to myself and others as best as I can. Don't worry too much and not cry over the same problem twice. Rather take a deep breath, give myself or whoever needs a hug and tell myself "I got this"

That's it, folks. Should be fun

8e902e60d5f1b68d377abff30586e7c9--good-m

• Like 6

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

47 minutes ago, sylph said:

Following this for further shape-changing. :)

34 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Can't wait to S.M.I.L.E through this challenge with you :D:)

yay, welcome on board :cheerful:

First laughs were had right now as I told family about Soup or Salad goal (we were eating soup of left-over potatoe mash and carrots and peas with some roasted meat balls for pacifying) and hubby asked innocently "so how long is this challenge of yours?" :lol: he's not a big fan of soup... I reminded him that he does like salads and he reminded me how he does like Schnitzel and the kids had some good laughs at us.

Will watch a movie now all of us together, which is rare, so double yay!

Oh, and I played a kind of garden bowling (mölki) with youngest in the garden this afternoon that got her mood high and dangled in between from the gymnastic rings. Did 2 or 3 skin the cats, too. Had to kick off to get up, but well... I got up :)

Daily 10 are done as well, some writing was done and some reading as well :)

Hah, and I am now realizing I can insert sooooo many emoticons this challenge :D which I really enjoy in case you hadn't noticed yet ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

he's not a big fan of soup...

What's wrong with him?!

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Hah, and I am now realizing I can insert sooooo many emoticons this challenge

And gif's! don't forget the gif's!!

latest?cb=20120620210237

• Like 1

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

9 minutes ago, Akura said:

What's wrong with him?!

oh well, he married me, so that should have given me a clue of him not being entirely sane :D

9 minutes ago, Akura said:

And gif's! don't forget the gif's!!

latest?cb=20120620210237

True!!

OIq6T2x0pgDJK.gif

• Like 1

SMILE-ing sounds like a great way to spend the month. :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

1 hour ago, raptron said:

SMILE-ing sounds like a great way to spend the month. :D

doesn't it? I'll work hard at it ;)

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

giphy.gif

hehe

• Like 1

Day 1

Soup or salad ouch, first fail... was so busy preparing for the upcoming retreat that I completely lost track of time and had neither time to cook soup as appetizer nor gone shopping for salad

Monkey time :) check 

Daily 10 chin ups from tip toe 3/3/2/1/1; push ups 4/3/2/1; knee tucks from hanging 10
Free monkey time consisted of stretches after sitting way too long at desk, dangling for approx 15 - 20 sec from pull up bar and twisting my spine this way and that while it deliciously lengthened again, some floor moves for further stretches and just rolling around a bit, plus lying on my yoga bolster to open up my chest again ... yummy

Inspiration :) check

Read in "Mantra" book by Deva Premal and Miten for inspiration paragraphs and which mantras to sing with group at upcoming retreat
Meditated this morning and wrote about 7 pages concept for retreat, sounds bizarre considering it's a silent retreat :D but I'm the only one who has to talk and I better know what I'll be talking about, plus it contains exercises, music lists and meditation cues for me for guiding... I'll probably mix it all up when the days are actually happening, but that's okay. For now I have a structure to hold onto, so yay

Laugh and love :) check

although it was a bit involuntary. I got really cross at my boy for something sloppy that I've told him uncountable times before and the rest of the family found it so funny and absurd how it could have ended up like this that they just started laughing half of lunch time about it. He had tossed a gross mixture of things into the recycling paper bin right after it had been emptied and when I mentioned that none of it, not even parts, were actually paper, he defended himself saying "yes there was some!" and I said "Right, the paper bag for your school sandwich from a while ago, but that still had the sandwich inside" and that cracked every one up for some reason :huh: Seeing them so amused helped me let go of my irritation though, so even though it went opposite to the way intended it still did the job, I guess. Oh and we had some smiles about other things too, of course, but that was the highlight of lunch

Embrace :) check

felt so so tired after lunch and was despairing a bit about the concept I was working on, it didn't feel smooth at all, not even like it had a good main theme going or anything. So I was torn between taking a break and pushing through. Sat in the rocking chair with a cup of tea, embraced my doubts and frustration and as I would have allowed myself to go and take that break I could feel the courage seeping back into me that said, you got this, get it done and you'll be glad for it. So I did :) It's mostly done and feels much smoother and I do feel glad.

Hah! You can tell it's first week, here I am updating fresh and daily

giphy.gif

• Like 5

oh yes, following up!

Soup is great. I remember wanting to have soup regularly this winter, and we are already in February, I managed only twice I think. Not sure why!

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

bacon-clipart-smile-4.jpg

19 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

was so busy preparing for the upcoming retreat that I completely lost track of time and had neither time to cook soup as appetizer nor gone shopping for salad

Years ago I had to put together a soup recipe book for our church. Wish I could send you a copy, but I don't have a file any more. Anyway, you should maybe get some recipes for soup you can batch cook and freeze, for days like these. Traditional South African bean soup doesn't have a lot of veggies, but it is an all time favourite with a lot of people, and then I have a super quick and easy cheesy-veg soup recipe I can give you, if you are interested. I remember that book even had a lettuce soup recipe! I still have my hard copy. Or ask hubby's mom whether there is a soup recipe that he liked, and try to make that ;)

On 2/11/2018 at 8:04 PM, lucky fire dragon said:

Did 2 or 3 skin the cats, too. Had to kick off to get up, but well... I got up :)

Totally counts!

20 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Right, the paper bag for your school sandwich from a while ago, but that still had the sandwich inside

My hubby does this too! I'm forever irritated when I empty the paper recycling bin and find "paper" with left over food that he'd bought or such inside. Or glass in the paper bin. I don't have a separate glass recycling bin, so hubby decided everything that can be recycled goes into the paper bin. *sigh* Glad you guys could at least laugh about it in the end.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

4 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Years ago I had to put together a soup recipe book for our church. Wish I could send you a copy, but I don't have a file any more. Anyway, you should maybe get some recipes for soup you can batch cook and freeze, for days like these. Traditional South African bean soup doesn't have a lot of veggies, but it is an all time favourite with a lot of people, and then I have a super quick and easy cheesy-veg soup recipe I can give you, if you are interested. I remember that book even had a lettuce soup recipe! I still have my hard copy. Or ask hubby's mom whether there is a soup recipe that he liked, and try to make that ;)

You are such a darling :cheerful: Thanks, that is a great idea. Of course, batch cooking, why didn't I think of that?! Will not slap myself as it wouldn't go well with the embrace goal, but year :P

I do have lots of nice recipe books plus there is millions on the internet nowadays... will go batch cook start of next week when I am back from the retreat weekend. Brilliant idea

Totally counts!

Good, because it will have to count again for today :D

My hubby does this too! I'm forever irritated when I empty the paper recycling bin and find "paper" with left over food that he'd bought or such inside. Or glass in the paper bin. I don't have a separate glass recycling bin, so hubby decided everything that can be recycled goes into the paper bin. *sigh* Glad you guys could at least laugh about it in the end.

Glad I'm not the only one upset about these trivial things... also it's a tall bin (it's the one that gets picked up) and it had just been emptied so I didn't even see how I would reach so low to pick it all out again. Fortunatelly my boy is taller than me now and he managed, and only then did I realize that he should be the one doing it anyway. 

Well seeing the smashing effect of my authority :P honestly I spend so much time in effect talking to myself :rolleyes: anyway seeing that I goofed around at lunch calling youngest back to the table when she got up with her plate still half full to chase after the cats and calling her back in my best theatrical stern voice with matching look to it, that she doubled over with laughter and said to her Dad she can imagine the looks he gets when he snores at night. But it worked, she sat down instantly, I was quite surprised.

• Like 1

Day 2

Soup or salad not entirely failed as I had raw carrots :P AND I left out the rice at lunch having the shrimp sauce with lots of cooked veggies instead, so I am totally counting that (still haven't been shopping)

Monkey time :) check 

Daily 10 chin ups from tip toe 4/3/2; push ups 3/2/2/2/1; knee tucks from hanging 10
Free monkey time spent playing on rings, I'm not that creative on them yet and get tired so quickly, so I only kicked up into hanging upside down a few times and then lowering slowly like a negative skin the cat thing

AND I went to YOGA, woot woot, 90 min class with guess what gorilla breathing :lol: now if that isn't monkey time, hey?! Also lots of balance, strengthening and stretching done, getting all the kinks out again, nice

Inspiration :) check

Read some blog articles by Dr. Joe and read in "Big Magic" as well
Meditated this morning and wrote a bit for my meditation book plus prepared some more for the retreat

Laugh and love :) check

had some comedy with my boy over the new microphone he bought himself for chatting on his computer with mates while gaming. His headset's mic is broken, but the earphones still work so he got the mic separate now and it looks like he could work for the radio, big massive very professional looking thing. Also much laughter at lunch with everyone. Youngest is so enjoying their week of school holidays that she laughs out loud at the smallest things. It's charmingly infectious.

Embrace :) check

embracing financial worries and tipping my nose up to focus forward rather. We're doing the best we can, so stressing beyond that won't help a notch. Rather de-stress and see how we could make things work out even better. Worked relatively well today.

• Like 5

Following!

I hope you will smile through the whole challenge!

• Thanks 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

20 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

anyway seeing that I goofed around at lunch calling youngest back to the table when she got up with her plate still half full to chase after the cats and calling her back in my best theatrical stern voice with matching look to it, that she doubled over with laughter and said to her Dad she can imagine the looks he gets when he snores at night. But it worked, she sat down instantly, I was quite surprised.

Moms have to do what they have to do, to keep the world going round. Or something to that effect :P

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

Sounds like the week is going very well!

On 2/14/2018 at 12:19 AM, lucky fire dragon said:

Free monkey time spent playing on rings, I'm not that creative on them yet and get tired so quickly, so I only kicked up into hanging upside down a few times and then lowering slowly like a negative skin the cat thing

Cool! Do you have them at home? I have a pair at my parents' house, I can't really hang them on my rig, they would be either too close or too far apart, so left them over there. But I do remember it was tough, lots of shaking :D definitely very tiring toys :lol:

How many children do you have? two?

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

On 14.2.2018 at 11:28 AM, Norgaard said:

Good job! keep SMILEing!

On 14.2.2018 at 2:50 PM, zenLara said:

Following!

I hope you will smile through the whole challenge!

am on it :) thanks!

21 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Moms have to do what they have to do, to keep the world going round. Or something to that effect :P

yip :D

5 hours ago, @mu said:

Sounds like the week is going very well!

had a good start yes, yesterday was tough but today I am more determined to make it shine for it and so far it's working well

5 hours ago, @mu said:

Cool! Do you have them at home? I have a pair at my parents' house, I can't really hang them on my rig, they would be either too close or too far apart, so left them over there. But I do remember it was tough, lots of shaking :D definitely very tiring toys :lol:

How many children do you have? two?

Yes, I have them outdoors though, so summer is easier than winter and it depends on time of day as well ;) We live in a duplex and they are hanging from the balcony down to the terrace. It's a bit cramped still as that is also where our outdoor eating table lives, but so far I haven't broken anything :D

I have 3 kids, but the eldest is currently living in Ireland as an au pair, she is 19 now and so grown up :o very proud of her
my son is 15 years old and my youngest daughter turns 12 next month

None of them were planned and all of them are the most precious gifts in my life :love_heart:

• Like 2

So yeah, yesterday was really tough day as I had a crisis concerning our finances which are really tight at the moment and once down in fears I also fell into the doubt and general self-criticism trap until it felt so horribly bad that I pulled myself towards myself and said "Stuff this, I can do better and will" did my daily 10 and that helped, did other tasks that I would have been tempted to skip or procrastinate on and reminded myself not to define myself through outer circumstances but rather use them as kick off for becoming stronger, clearer and more proactive than before.

Hah! I can also be stern with myself not just the kids ;) and it was really needed.

This mornings meditation went okay, I still struggled but kept reigning my mind back in, focusing within, focusing into the present moment and toward the end (I'm still using the guided meditation by Dr. Joe) I slowly started my heart open up so beautifully and the energy flowing within my whole spine much better, that I just took off the earphones and kept sitting, staying in meditation. Hubby finished and got up doing stuff and I got distracted, but reigned back in again, mind wanted to start drifting again and I re-focused on the heart and I could really really feel something subtle shift that felt very good. It wasn't any of those Halleluja Joy all over moments but a subtle shift that felt important nonetheless.

Finally got up feeling a lot more confident than yesterday and started to tackle my day. Checked the bank in order to do some transfers and wow, a client of hubby who usually always pays late, paid early! you might imagine how that made my day :)

So now I'm on the last bits of preparing for my retreat and I have an inkling that the feeling that started sprouting in today's meditation might grow some more there and I might even be able the participants to get more into their own power as well. I am a good healer and a good teacher, I know that. Just not that great with finances YET and when I'm stressed no one comes for treatments (can't blame them) so it can go into a kind of viscious circle. But now I am really excited for the weekend again and I've heard from some of the people coming how excited they are and now it spirals up again instead of down, yay

Just keeping at it

tumblr_opa2ebL51r1vfphido3_250.gif

• Like 3

Day 3

Soup or salad  :) check win, this time I really cooked soup! Celery soup with a bit of cream as appetizer before Gulasch and rice and everyone liked it (much to their surprise :lol: )

Monkey time :) check 

Daily 10 chin ups from tip toe 3/2/2/2/1; push ups 3/3/2/2/; knee tucks from hanging 5/5
Free monkey time spent dangling a few times from pull up bar to stretch out lower back, not much happened here

Inspiration :) check

Read up on spinal fluid and its movements while we breathe as prep for retreat
typed out some of my own meditations, that I guided last month in the mornings in order to choose which ones to offer on CD and was surprised how soothing they were :D
Meditated in the morning and wrote for my meditation book plus for the retreat notes

Laugh and love :) check

picked up a friend of youngest to come stay with us for a few hours and seeing how much they laughed, I'll count that as me having been part of their smiles. Also had some laughs with hubby but I can't remember about what, it was a tense day but not all of it 

Embrace :) check

well it was the rather stern embrace of "stop the nonsense" :P but it helped and I did a lot of Heart Breathing in order to be kinder to myself and to look for better answers. 

• Like 2

Day 4 is going well so far. Still have to do the monkey time and cook, but cauliflower has been bought for soup and rusks are baking, which is nice as well. Lots of house care happened and youngest enjoyed thorougly tossing the glass bottles into the recycling containers, when I took her along for discarding all the papers, plastics etc
Also we went past a friend of hers to arrange play time for them tomorrow, so happiness there

Now I'm off for some more errands and then I'll be glad to not leave the house again until I leave for the weekend tomorrow

It's snowing big, pretty snowflakes, mmmmmmh

• Like 1

Financial woes can be very tricky for sure, but it sounds like you were able to kick into a good upward spiral and used intentional interventions to disrupt the negative moods. 

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1