• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Baldilocks

Restoring the rhythm

I didn't do so well last challenge.  I had such a good routine prior to the Christmas time off.  Between the leg cramps and the time away from the routine I've fallen short.  Must restore the rhythm.

mQXmNG.gif

1. Spritual

Meditate, study and internalize the words and teachings of Jesus.  

2. Time management

No lazy boy before 7 (minimize TV and internet time) On my death bed, I will not say, I wish I'd watched more TV.  

Work in building 3 times a week

3. Diet

No solid food except dinner after 4.  Lot's of liquids.  

The physical aspects are on hold.  That said, I plan to exercise enough to stretch, try to skate once a week and bike as soon as the weather allows.  We've had 12 inches dumped on us this weekend, so it won't be for a while.  Once I restore the rhythm, the exercise will fall into place.  I'm 5' 9" and 194 lbs.   

• Like 1

Went skating Sunday afternoon with my young adult daughter.  I really wish they would reverse the direction occasionally.  I may have to wait for inline skating to get much opportunity to do my crossover the other direction.  It was a good workout, but I'm still dealing with tightness/leg cramps.  Didn't want to quit eating after 4 Sunday.  Fortunately the words of Jesus I meditated on were

“‘Man shall not live by bread alone,
    but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” 

Monday's no food after four was easier.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, darna said:

keep it up. you got this!

you_got_this.gif

Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement.  Last night was a cheat night.  I took my wife out to dinner.  I've done this (No solid food after 4) before and lost weight but keeping it off is difficult.  This year should work better with all the Bike riding and Rollerblading.  Yesterday and today the temps are above freezing, so I keep looking to see when I think I can take the bike out.  It's suppose to get cold again, but if there is no ice on the streets, I'm going for it.     

So the rhythm has been disturbed,

4Rvzy7.gif

and I haven't even implemented my exercise program.  I found out I have to Go into work an hour early.  Leg is still cramping.  So I need to adjust my routine.   On a more positive note, I'm closer to being able to ride my bike.   

4 hours ago, Baldilocks said:

Leg is still cramping. So I need to adjust to my routine. On a more positive note, I'm closer to being able to ride my bike.

I run a lot and used to get cramps. What helped me was having a banana mid-run and supplementing with magnesium citrate powder (half a teaspoon in a bit of water every morning). Yayyy to biking!

alex-biking-sofia_neto.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darna said:

I run a lot and used to get cramps. What helped me was having a banana mid-run and supplementing with magnesium citrate powder (half a teaspoon in a bit of water every morning).

I will have to try this.  I also think I need to do enough exercise to heat my body enough to stretch.  I thought about buying a sauna suit.  The winters around here are cold, and I actually like the cold, but apparently my body is revolting.  (hey that's kind of funny)   

So I repaired the electricity in the building.  It wasn't what I was planning on when I said work in the building, but it needed done.  May move the lazy boy time to 6 o clock as I'm going into work an hour earlier.  I will probably go to bed a bit earlier.  

On 2/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, Baldilocks said:

Went skating Sunday afternoon with my young adult daughter.  I really wish they would reverse the direction occasionally.  I may have to wait for inline skating to get much opportunity to do my crossover the other direction.  It was a good workout, but I'm still dealing with tightness/leg cramps.  Didn't want to quit eating after 4 Sunday.  Fortunately the words of Jesus I meditated on were

“‘Man shall not live by bread alone,
    but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” 

Monday's no food after four was easier.  

Love this! Best wishes from a fellow Scripture-internalizer.

(Btw, I recommend Scripture Typer app for quickly and efficiently retaining verses.)

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2018 at 4:55 AM, MattSkywalker said:

(Btw, I recommend Scripture Typer app for quickly and efficiently retaining verses.)

Thanks, I will have to see if my phone can run this, or I may just go old school and jot it down in a note book.  

On 2/20/2018 at 4:55 AM, MattSkywalker said:

I tried it on my computer and I really like it.  Thanks

• Like 1

So it looks like I will be MIA for the rest of this challenge probably the next one.  We have had a family medical emergency, and that is the only thing I will be concerning myself with until it is resolved.  I wish you all success at your challenges.  On a more positive note, the stress has made weight loss easier and I'm now at 190. lbs. 

Sending thoughts your way for a positive resolution to your family health crisis.  

And man, that stress weight-loss thing.  What a double-edged sword.  Hope you'll soon get a chance to turn something positive-but-unhealthy into something positive and healthy according  to the awesome goals  you had for this challenge, but be gentle with yourself while you have this other stuff going on.