On 3/10/2018 at 10:21 PM, Hiroro said:

Thursday night I went to an event with Neil Gaiman (incredible author) and was just blown away by his wittiness and passion for his art.

Cool! I watched a graduation speech by Gaiman (someone on NF posted it on their page) a while back and was completely blown away. Was it you?? It was so cool and funny. I could try to find it if you haven't seen it. I've gotten about 1/3 through American Gods and it's not completely grabbing me. Is there something else you would recommend?

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

10 hours ago, Xena said:

Cool! I watched a graduation speech by Gaiman (someone on NF posted it on their page) a while back and was completely blown away. Was it you?? It was so cool and funny. I could try to find it if you haven't seen it. I've gotten about 1/3 through American Gods and it's not completely grabbing me. Is there something else you would recommend?

NEVERWHERE!!!!!!

I love it so much. Am super sad that he doesn't plan to write a sequel. I haven't read very many of his works but Neverwhere is just wonderful, magical and kind of trippy. I read American Gods and understood why so many people love it (SO creative) but didn't pull me in the same way.

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

Thanks for the suggestion on the book. I'm still going to finish American Gods but then I'll try Neverwhere.

Not sure if you've seen this speech. I watched it years ago, and the part starting just after 14 min has stuck in my head (3 things you have to do to be successful at freelance work...applies to a lot of life). I think about it a lot and smile every time.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016