Hello there, 

I'm Sacculina and have been reading NF since 2010 or so, been part of the NFA since the beta testing for women only, and even started Rising Hero's during the first month, yet I have not made any lasting improvements to my health. I have found new friends through NF and even had the 20 seconds of courage to start my own group called the Nerd Scouts. 

I haven't been faithful to NF though. I started to read conflicting articles from The Greatist, MFP, etc which caused information overload. I had intense debates with other medical professionals which required me to start down the rabbit hole of research so I can prove them wrong, but I wasn't doing what I was proslyetizing. 

I fell victim of stress, burnout, and exhaustion. Mentally, I was not prepared to break bad habits even though I knew what needed to be done. I felt like I was wandering aimlessly with no one to point me into the right direction, my soul wasn't into guiding my corporeal body through the obstacles of life. 

So what changed? What made me finally get a grip? I'm still trying to figure it out. I adopted my dorky dog, Muggles, in August and he has single-handedly pulled me out of the soul-sucking darkness that was my anxiety and stress. Coming home to him and my husband makes me smile whenever I think about it. He has become my partner-in-crime during late night walks. Even my husband seems much happier. Unfortunately, he is also causes time to spiral out of control. One minute we are out on a walk and then next it's time to go to bed. Add a full time job and cooking.

I am restarting NFA today. I will remove all the websites that I feel aren't helping me such as The Greatist, MFP, etc and focus on taking one step at a time. 

That's the end of my rambling. Have a good day, everyone!  

• Like 1

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Battle Chronicles of Sacculina

Sacculina's Wordpress

3 hours ago, Sacculina said:

I started to read conflicting articles from The Greatist, MFP, etc which caused information overload. I had intense debates with other medical professionals which required me to start down the rabbit hole of research so I can prove them wrong, but I wasn't doing what I was proslyetizing. 

helping me such as The Greatist, MFP, etc and focus on taking one step at a time. 

Ties in well with @SteveKamb's email today :) about informartion overload.   Stop 'collecting underpants'   hahaha 

• Like 1

Male, 33, Heart Condition from birth, Weight - 85Kgs

Chest - 105cm, Bicep - 33, Waist - 106, Thigh - 59

His article is what pushed me to say "screw this" and unsubscribe to all the emails I get. It's also what forced me to realize what I was doing. Sometimes, you just need someone to point out the ugly truth. Information overload is a big problem with me, but I'm taking steps to get rid of all the "underpants". 

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Battle Chronicles of Sacculina

Sacculina's Wordpress