• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RogueLibrarian

RogueLibrarian needs a new sleeve

Maybe salad since it's a) easier and b ) keeps fresh less time so better to eat it soon. But Ms. Rogue will get a vote. (Usually she votes "If you make dinner I won't complain about whatever you choose.")

Salad is always my first go-to for that reason exactly- the other stuff will still be around long after the salad would have withered.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Seriously!! I have a distant memory of 74...i can't really remember what it feels like but I theoretically know it happened last summer... lol

That was the MAX temperature last year... :( Though in winter it’s just ain’t right.

13 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

Yay! You're back!! HI!

HI BUDDY <3

13 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

So so happy you're feeling better. The flu is such a downer. :( Glad to see you back on your feet and even in the gym!

This is a SLOW PROCESS. I think it's gonna be a week yet before I really feel 100% again.

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

That was the MAX temperature last year... :( Though in winter it’s just ain’t right.

I will say that even for Georgia this is very unusual. It's not unheard of for us to get snow in March -- this is more like our usual April or May weather we're seeing this week.

15 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Salad is always my first go-to for that reason exactly- the other stuff will still be around long after the salad would have withered.

We did have a big salad last night and it was good. I ended up making veggie burgers to go with it, and I think we both regretted eating that much. But at least I'm getting my greens.

So, yesterday at the gym I seemed to have pulled something in my shoulder just a little bit -- not serious at all, just aching today. Just yet another reminder to take it easy and go slow this week. I'm going to try to go to the gym again this afternoon, but it'll be cardio day, no arms required.

In the next couple of weekends, I want to go to the hardware store and add some monkey bars to my backyard gym, which I haven't worked on/used in forever. This weekend I may not get to it -- I really need to do some house cleaning after both of us being sick for so long, and I don't want to over schedule myself either. (And we haven't seen Black Panther yet.)

• Like 2

Also:

Teaching an online workshop this morning (in, um, 45 minutes. I should maybe get off the forums) and giving an online presentation tomorrow for national organization. Kind of crept up on me due to being asleep on the couch all last week. This is all fine.

Next week, 3-day road trip for a conference -- I am marking nearby outdoor exercise spots on google maps, and I know this hotel has an okay gym -- I'm going to try to exercise two of those three days and mmmmaybe set a "no beer" policy for this trip.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

In the next couple of weekends, I want to go to the hardware store and add some monkey bars to my backyard gym

:D 

34 minutes ago, raptron said:

Yessss, monkey bars.

I will keep you all posted, I promise!

34 minutes ago, raptron said:

I like your foresight in planning for your conference. :D 

I've gotten pretty good about doing this whenever I travel! 

Yesterday: 

Crazy busy day and I did not write. I got so busy with stuff -- a presentation, a stressful (but maybe good?) phone call, dealing with a busy work day -- that I decided to de-prioritize writing. I'm hoping to get back to it today.

Today: 

No exercise, unless maybe I can get out for a walk after lunch. 

Tomorrow:

Kickboxing class for the first time in ~3 weeks.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Kickboxing class for the first time in ~3 weeks.

Yay for recovery and getting back to class! I’m sure you know this but go sloooow after a long absence. You’ll be back to full speed in no time. ;) 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 12:14 PM, otterbyte said:

Yay for recovery and getting back to class! I’m sure you know this but go sloooow after a long absence. You’ll be back to full speed in no time. ;) 

IIIIIIII almost passed out a couple of times. But I made it through class. :)

Today: grocery shopping and some cooking (homemade pizza for dinner tonight and something for lunch meal prep).

Tomorrow: vacuuming and steam cleaning all the floors, because the house is gross.

I am wearing my skinniest shorts today (high of 78F, yes it's February) and noting that I am reasonably pleased with how I look in the mirror before getting dressed after post-workout shower.

I have not written in two days -- I'll make some time to do that today. Also have not yet meditated today.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

IIIIIIII almost passed out a couple of times. But I made it through class. :)

Like when you have to step off the mats mid-class to assess whether your breakfast is going to stay in place or not. So far, I haven't lost the battle but it's been a near thing.:wacko:

• Like 1

1. I am super sore all over from yesterday's workout. I can tell a huge difference when I am not doing it every week.

2. I finally bought a couple of pipes so the monkey bars can start going up soon (they are like fifteen bucks each, so I'll probably just add a couple at a time -- I think I have room for six or eight bars).

It is pouring rain all day, so no work on the backyard gym -- we are going to see Black Panther this afternoon with bestie, though.

8 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

1. I am super sore all over from yesterday's workout. I can tell a huge difference when I am not doing it every week.

2. I finally bought a couple of pipes so the monkey bars can start going up soon (they are like fifteen bucks each, so I'll probably just add a couple at a time -- I think I have room for six or eight bars).

It is pouring rain all day, so no work on the backyard gym -- we are going to see Black Panther this afternoon with bestie, though.

NICE! I can't wait to see how the monkey bars go. Are you using metal pipe for them? 

(Black panther was SOOOO GOOD. No spoilers but as a side note also- best soundtrack of any marvel movie yet, which is saying a lot coming from me, loving AC/DC)

1 hour ago, Happienumber said:

NICE! I can't wait to see how the monkey bars go. Are you using metal pipe for them? 

Yep, 3/4" steel pipes. I'll post some pictures when I put them up.

1 hour ago, Happienumber said:

(Black panther was SOOOO GOOD. No spoilers but as a side note also- best soundtrack of any marvel movie yet, which is saying a lot coming from me, loving AC/DC)

Can't wait!

12 hours ago, karinajean said:

Hi hi! Have you decided if spring is here to stay? My aunt in Columbus is taunting me w pics of her flowers flowering.

So far so good! Highs in the 60s this week instead of 70s, but we turned off the heat about two weeks ago and haven't turned it back on yet.

Black Panther was awesome.

No workout today, but I will have time tomorrow afternoon. Then Wednesday is a travel day to conference, but I'll get there in plenty of time for a hotel gym workout.

Writing has fallen by the wayside; I'm not happy about this and assessing how to make a better plan to fit it in.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, raptron said:

Good job not dying during kickboxing! 

SO FAR

19 minutes ago, raptron said:

What are you thinking for your writing plan adjustments? Scheduled time? 

Yeah, I don't know. I've been putting it on my calendar to keep myself accountable -- it's hard to find a time slot that works. Lunch hour at work is okay. For some reason I have trouble doing it at home, I think because it always seems that either there's something more tangibly important I should be doing, like cooking or cleaning, or I'm just too tired and I decide to let myself off the hook.

Meditated. Wrote.

Just back from the gym where I rowed for half an hour. Whew. First time I've done that in probably ... close to a month? Now I am starving so I'm eating a pear.

Tomorrow morning I head out to a conference out of state, so I'll be in the car all morning, should arrive around lunchtime and will have time to work out in the afternoon before conference social events start. It appears likely that it'll rain the whole time I'm there, so I'll probably be stuck using the hotel gym instead of getting outside. 

• Like 2

Reminding myself today that if I write in small chunks, it's really really easy to hit my very low goal of 500 words a day. If I do 250 at a time, I hit it before I know it.
What are you writing, may I ask?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk