• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RogueLibrarian

RogueLibrarian needs a new sleeve

So yesterday, my kickboxing gym posted in its facebook group that classes were canceled this week but there was a "ninja warrior course" on offer for fun a for couple of days. Then they had to clarify that, no, they meant kids' karate classes only, and adult fitness classes were still on.

So a couple of other adults and I expressed dismay and disappointment that there was no grownup ninja warrior course being offered after all. The owner posted, like, "Um, if we offered that would you come?" SO I'M PRETTY HOPEFUL ABOUT THAT POSSIBILITY.

Meditation streak continues; writing streak is back on point for the last few days. Planning another gym break this afternoon, hoping the gross rain quits before I have to walk across campus to the gym.

Noticing: DOMS and recovery are way better than they used to be. I'm not particularly sore from 30 minutes of rowing machine yesterday.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ninja warrior class would be really cool, hope they’ll make it happen!

ME TOO. You may all expect updates as appropriate.

Today: Gym -- suspension strength workout.

Dinner was a big-ass spinach salad with a fat-free yogurt for dessert. I'm trying to ignore the box of girl scout cookies in the kitchen, but I CAN HEAR IT CALLING ME

• Like 1

GQ2JyUNl.png

Broccoli salad --

• chopped broccoli (I cooked it for a couple of minutes because Ms Rogue prefers it that way. If I'm making it just for myself, I leave it raw and crunchy)
  • chickpeas
  • black olives
  • chopped red onion
  • gorgonzola cheese (leave this out for less fat/vegan)
  • dressing of choice -- something vinaigrette-like. I used a Greek one this time.

No workout today; going to therapist this afternoon so leaving work early. Tomorrow: mail taxes to accountant, work out (cardio/elliptical). Saturday: Kickboxing.

Okay, I'm going to meditate, then close all my forums and sosh meeds and settle down to a work project for a bit.

• Like 2

I could eat salad several times a week and not get bored. Gotta have good dressing -- it's like coffee or beer, avoid the cheap stuff at all costs.

I also made a big pot of (reasonably healthy) veg chili last night, so we're having chili dogs for dinner tonight. I am slaying the meal prep this week.

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I am slaying the meal prep this week.

Nice!!

I don't get how people can think salads are boring. My only problem is that it's sometimes hard to put enough stuff in it to fill me up for more than an hour or two.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

• chopped broccoli (I cooked it for a couple of minutes because Ms Rogue prefers it that way. If I'm making it just for myself, I leave it raw and crunchy)
  • chickpeas
  • black olives
  • chopped red onion
  • gorgonzola cheese (leave this out for less fat/vegan)
  • dressing of choice -- something vinaigrette-like. I used a Greek one this time.

OMG that sounds SO GOOD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I don't get how people can think salads are boring. My only problem is that it's sometimes hard to put enough stuff in it to fill me up for more than an hour or two.

I forgot to bring my fruit to work with me today, so I was SUPER HUNGRY and pigged out on (veg) chili dogs when I got home. I am all about the spinach lately.

16 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

OMG that sounds SO GOOD

Took about fifteen minutes to make -- would have been five or ten if I hadn't cooked the broccoli a little. Super easy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Nice!!

Yeah, totally. Legumes and cheeeese ftfilling. 

8 minutes ago, raptron said:

Yeah, totally. Legumes and cheeeese ftfilling. 

I sort of assume that as a vegetarian I am probably always protein deficient, so I will throw a can of chickpeas into anything and everything I make without much provocation...

On 3/5/2018 at 12:21 PM, RogueLibrarian said:

LOOK, I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE READING THIS WANT TO BE PICTURING ME WITHOUT PANTS ON 

ok like I thought we were FRIENDS and that you KNEW US. in your heart you know the answer to this question.

On 3/6/2018 at 11:46 AM, RogueLibrarian said:

So a couple of other adults and I expressed dismay and disappointment that there was no grownup ninja warrior course being offered after all. The owner posted, like, "Um, if we offered that would you come?" SO I'M PRETTY HOPEFUL ABOUT THAT POSSIBILITY.

THIS WOULD BE SO AWESOME.

52 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I sort of assume that as a vegetarian I am probably always protein deficient, so I will throw a can of chickpeas into anything and everything I make without much provocation...

#bestlife!

21 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I could eat salad several times a week and not get bored. Gotta have good dressing -- it's like coffee or beer, avoid the cheap stuff at all costs.

ok so this is a place where you and I disagree. I am a fan of no dressing at all. Like, if it's got beans or a chopped hardboiled egg or cheese (OR ALL THREE) no dressing is necessary. and if it's just veg and no stuff dumped on top then no dressing is necessary also, SO I CAN EAT IT WITH MY HANDS.

4 minutes ago, karinajean said:

ok like I thought we were FRIENDS and that you KNEW US. in your heart you know the answer to this question.

giphy.gif

sorry meant to DM that

THIS WOULD BE SO AWESOME.

I AM HOPEFUL

ok so this is a place where you and I disagree. I am a fan of no dressing at all. Like, if it's got beans or a chopped hardboiled egg or cheese (OR ALL THREE) no dressing is necessary. and if it's just veg and no stuff dumped on top then no dressing is necessary also, SO I CAN EAT IT WITH MY HANDS.

Oh hell no. Even the best salad is basically a vehicle for dressing! I feel this way about many foods. 

4 hours ago, karinajean said:

HDYVA3L.gif

Dry salad????

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, tei_ said:

Dry salad????

Right?? She's a madwoman.

I'm back from the gym -- had a very good cardio workout and finally watched the first episode of the Magicians at a friend's insistence (also very good). TV on a tablet makes cardio go down smoother. I did my usual 5K, but I'm starting to add in some 100m sprints periodically. Feels good! Eating a pear. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tei_ said:

HDYVA3L.gif

Dry salad????

31 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Right?? She's a madwoman.

I'm back from the gym -- had a very good cardio workout and finally watched the first episode of the Magicians at a friend's insistence (also very good). TV on a tablet makes cardio go down smoother. I did my usual 5K, but I'm starting to add in some 100m sprints periodically. Feels good! Eating a pear. 

I'm merely suggesting you can fit 2x as much salad in your face in the same time as it takes you to stuff it in with a fork, that's all. and NO ONE likes salad fingers.

when we get our spring CSA boxes there are SO MANY GREENS, mostly I just aim for "clean and dry" before packing up. and I sit at my desk like a rabbit and eat entire leaves of lettuce during work.

7 hours ago, karinajean said:

when we get our spring CSA boxes there are SO MANY GREENS, mostly I just aim for "clean and dry" before packing up. and I sit at my desk like a rabbit and eat entire leaves of lettuce during work.

Here is a rabbit I enjoyed today 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tei_ said:

Here is a rabbit I enjoyed today 

This is a high-quality rabbit

Survived kickboxing class, headed to the store for meal prep foods. Have already done a chunk of my writing for the day.

I am hoping to do a little yardwork and put up some monkey bars tomorrow, but it's supposed to rain all day so that might not be in the cards.

• Like 2

I'm trying not to put off Monday workouts too often, but I slept a little poorly last night and I'm pretty wiped out today so I think I'm going to give myself an extra recovery day and hit the gym tomorrow.

omg that rabbit has a desire for swimming. do rabbits swim? yikes!

RL daylight savings time is the worst, it's fair to 100% blame that. 

• Like 1

Daylight savings time sucks. Let's blame it and move forward.

I slept suuuuper well last night. Gym today -- I am sort of sore, but I am going to do either suspension strength or rowing today. If suspension, I need to take a few minutes and decide on a tougher or additional core move, because the core workout in my kickboxing class killed me as usual.

• Like 1