So so so many down and depressed days. Made it through the holidays. January hit and I became an emotional wreck on the verge of becoming an alcoholic. it's taken three weeks to recover from the worst episode yet, and my husband has found a dog to adopt that will be acting as a companion for me. we are working to get me in therapy, but this requires answering a phone call to schedule appointments, which I don't do. My grades are also severely slipping and I'm likely to not make President's List again this semester even though I've made it the last two semesters.

This respawn, I'm going to be focusing on journaling, taking time to meditate, taking time to do my schoolwork, making plans for things I need to do like finish cleaning for the dog we're adopting and all the things she'll need. I also want to start exercising once a week while my doctor looks into possible Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. So today, I'm hitting the accept button on the spirit healer's offer in Dalaran, respawning, and dealing with the equipment damage and increased damage debuff while I get back up to where I know I can be. :) If anyone has any recommendations for planners or spreadsheets to help me track time and accomplishing goals, I'd love recommendations!

• Like 1

Starting Afresh - Battle Log

"You start off as a level one human with no class. At all." - Munchkin Player's Guide

"What is the you that you've dreamed of? Who do you see in the mirror? Go on your path. Even if you live for a day, do something, put away your weakness." - BTS No More Dream translated

So so so many down and depressed days. Made it through the holidays. January hit and I became an emotional wreck on the verge of becoming an alcoholic. it's taken three weeks to recover from the worst episode yet, and my husband has found a dog to adopt that will be acting as a companion for me. we are working to get me in therapy, but this requires answering a phone call to schedule appointments, which I don't do. My grades are also severely slipping and I'm likely to not make President's List again this semester even though I've made it the last two semesters.

This respawn, I'm going to be focusing on journaling, taking time to meditate, taking time to do my schoolwork, making plans for things I need to do like finish cleaning for the dog we're adopting and all the things she'll need. I also want to start exercising once a week while my doctor looks into possible Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. So today, I'm hitting the accept button on the spirit healer's offer in Dalaran, respawning, and dealing with the equipment damage and increased damage debuff while I get back up to where I know I can be. [emoji4] If anyone has any recommendations for planners or spreadsheets to help me track time and accomplishing goals, I'd love recommendations!

I’ve been using a bullet journal. I love it because it is always what I need it to be.

EmeraldSpectre has a website making journaling into an RPG. BuJoRPG for short.

I’ve been meshing it with Nerd Fitness and the weekly challenge this month and I’m really liking it.

There is also an unofficial NF BuJo group on FB if you want to take a look and see how different people use their journals to help them with fitness and challenges ^_^
  • Like 1

I’ve been using a bullet journal. I love it because it is always what I need it to be.

EmeraldSpectre has a website making journaling into an RPG. BuJoRPG for short.

I’ve been meshing it with Nerd Fitness and the weekly challenge this month and I’m really liking it.

There is also an unofficial NF BuJo group on FB if you want to take a look and see how different people use their journals to help them with fitness and challenges [emoji5]

Oh!

And from a chronic ailment standpoint (I’ve been suffering from a mystery illness for the better part of a year) I use it to track my symptoms, when I started/stopped certain medication, pain levels, etc. and I have found it really helpful to be able to pull it out and go over my symptoms in a bit more detail and specificity with my doctor (literally did this not 2 hours ago. My pain makes it where I am in a fog most of the time and have terrible time remembering symptoms and pain unless they are actively happening right then).
Just now, Taurwen said:

Oh!

And from a chronic ailment standpoint (I’ve been suffering from a mystery illness for the better part of a year) I use it to track my symptoms, when I started/stopped certain medication, pain levels, etc. and I have found it really helpful to be able to pull it out and go over my symptoms in a bit more detail and specificity with my doctor (literally did this not 2 hours ago. My pain makes it where I am in a fog most of the time and have terrible time remembering symptoms and pain unless they are actively happening right then).

It didn't even occur to me it could be used for that, especially given that we're trying to diagnose/determine root cause of a cerebrospinal fluid leak and not having dates for when things were worst/good days is a real pain... This is an excellent plan!

Starting Afresh - Battle Log

"You start off as a level one human with no class. At all." - Munchkin Player's Guide

"What is the you that you've dreamed of? Who do you see in the mirror? Go on your path. Even if you live for a day, do something, put away your weakness." - BTS No More Dream translated

It didn't even occur to me it could be used for that, especially given that we're trying to diagnose/determine root cause of a cerebrospinal fluid leak and not having dates for when things were worst/good days is a real pain... This is an excellent plan!

Yes! I was able to tell my doctor with certainty that my though my pain dropped when I stopped taking a med, it did return before taking the med again and that none of my other symptoms has let up.

Where as before I was just trying my best to remember and all my day blur together so I could never give a good timeline.

I’m about to start recording weather in my journal as well as it has been brought to my attention that it has been having an effect on my pain levels too that I had made no correlation to.

It has already help realize that certain foods affect me differently than others. Not to mention it helps me remember that things aren’t always terrible when I am in the throes of a depressive funk when I take a look at the mood tracker.

And if something didn’t work out in a spread one week/month then I just change it for the next one.

I'm a bujo person too, because I need it to do everything for me exactly the way I need it to, so a blank page really works for me.  I keep my habit trackers, to do lists, notes and my day-to-day journalling in the same book.

If you don't NEED that kind of level of customisation, it can be a little overwhelming and I have a couple of friends who've been totally put off by needing to do it all themselves.  A great alternative to that is the Passion Planner.  They're gorgeous, the colours are fabulous and they're set up to do quite a few things already.  

I like having options, options are great.  And browsing them is a perfect way to wait out your rez sickness! :P 

• Like 1

Do the thing

2024 Intentions Roadmap