Fit chick for real life!

Hi all, 

The goal of this thread is to show myself and others that just because you have a family doesn’t mean you have to be unhappy with your fitness and how your clothes fit. I have some goals for myself in 2018 and if I meet all of them I get to spend some money on myself for something I wouldnt normally spend money on. I haven’t decided quite yet so I’ll keep quiet for now, but they are awesome! Here are my goals

~ run 5 miles without stopping(not on a treadmill)

~10 body weight pull-ups 

~deadlift my body weight

~have my waist 30”or under (or a four pack)

~weigh less than 160

~ hold a handstand for 1 min (no wall)

looking forward to documenting this journey. 

• Like 1

good mix of difficulties in those goals! Good luck!

100% agree with "just because you have a family doesn't mean you have to be unhappy with your fitness and how your clothes fit.". In fact, being healthy is a responsibility towards the family (health issues, preventable ones at least, suck hard). And being attractive/looking good is doing your part as a romantic partner.

my journey to kickass-dom

E1RM: SQ: 130.9kg (Jul18); BP: 103.2kg (Aug18); DL: 150kg (Jun18); 
FSQ: 103.2kg (May18); OHP: 66.9kg (Dec17); PP: 72.5kg (Jul18)
2.4km/Cooper's Test: (10:22, Jun18)
Vitals: 40 yo, 1.7m, 74kg (Jul18)

Today was beautiful outside so instead of my normal routine I spent several hours doing landscaping. Transplanting large bushes by yourself is no joke but it was a good upper body and back work out. I read an article today about graditude and how it can help us “level up” (I’ll put a link at the bottom if you want to check it out). So i am going to make it a habit of being thankful in my posts for something fitness or diet related. Today I am thankful that my body is healthy enough to enjoy being outside working with my hands in the dirt and the sun on my head. I’m greatful for the work done before me and the opportunity to share in the work of creating beauty around me. 

https://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/benefits-of-gratitude-research/