new here, gotta lose alot

found this site when i was looking up the paleo diet and thought the character thing seemed pretty cool. im currently in the hospital due to wounds i had on my feet, so i cant start the diet till im out. according to a chart, i should weigh up to 199 to be normal since im 6'3, which means im overweight by over 600lbs at least, its horrible, ive tried dieting before, but it never worked out and i end up going back to my old ways, so once im out, im gonna try hard this time to eat better and work out more than before. sorry if i rambled on to much, hope this all works out in the end.

my character sheet:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/268055

• Like 1

Good luck man, 600 lbs are a lot. Start with simple things like walking, then you might try running for short periods of time :D it will be worth the effort!

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D

12 hours ago, Skomenk said:

Good luck man, 600 lbs are a lot. Start with simple things like walking, then you might try running for short periods of time :D it will be worth the effort!

yeah im gonna walk for long as i can, a few times a day, running might be out of the question for now, im currently in the hospital because of my heel

Welcome to the Rebellion! We're so glad you're here! Walking is a great way to get started and it can really make a big difference - our founder, Steve, has written a lot of articles about the benefits of walking combined with changes in how you eat:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/how-tim-walked-his-way-to-a-50-pound-weight-loss-wait-what/

Do you have a game plan for your food yet? Or are you going to focus on walking first? (One thing at a time is totally okay!!)

Also, I'm so sorry you're in the hospital! That's no fun at all!  :(  Hopefully it's something that won't keep you down for long?

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

I'm not sure if swimming would be an option once your wounds heal? It's a great way to exercise and keep the pressure off your feet/knees. 

I'm also paid and signed up to the nerd fitness academy, best money I've ever spent. It's just one payment and you get lifetime access. I'm 31 and have struggled with weightloss my entire adult life. I've tried diets and different fitness plans but until the last couple of years I didn't know that mindset and having strong reason for making the changes is a huge game changer when you set out on something like this. There is a lot of info about this in the academy and I 100% recommend giving it a go. 

• Like 1

600 lb is a lot but you can do it man. Just don't forget that it's a slow process. What you eat is the big thing. I don't have nearly as much to lose but if you need a partner to help keep you accountable, I'd be down. 

I don't know what your able to do but elliptical was helpful when I couldn't run and wasn't hard on my joints at all, just make sure you don't overdo it and ask your doc. Just take it slow and don't get discouraged.

It's a slow uphill battle but the hardest part is getting your mind right. 

Regardless, good luck! Newb here too.

Hey! I know what it feels like to start dieting and exercising and not follow through... I do that a lot too! This is a great community and it really helps you stay on track. I was gone for 5 years and now I am back to restart my journey! We can do it!!!

Hope you get better and out of the hospital soon!

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw