Six-hour hike - UNLOCKED

It's nice when things cross over.

I've known my partner over 5.5 years. He loves running and ridiculous hikes in the Lake District. I like sprinting (if I have to run). The place is insanely beautiful - I've been four times since I met him - but I have no endurance muscle, and after eating all the things I've packed in my rucksack I still feel wobbly and have to go home early after a couple of hours. To this day I don't know if my symptoms were hypoglycaemia or a general lack of fitness. It breaks my heart knowing I'm holding him up, which is why I end up leaving. Paying to stay in a place I don't get to see is also pretty depressing. After starting Strong Curves this year, I can report that those 20 rep sets of high step ups and endless glute bridges pay off in the real world! I didn't really feel anything in my legs or glutes today, though the descent aggravated my knee. Only annoying thing was overheating in subzero temperatures - it was sunny and I ended up trudging though snow in yoga leggings... Views were what I imagine Swiss Alps in summer to be. Didn't get dehydrated and didn't have to keep stopping for water/al fresco peeing. My cardio is still pretty poor, but I did well to keep up with someone who's been climbing this region since he was 12. I was planning on doing the bodyweight version of Strong Curves while I'm here, but I really don't need to.

29,600-ish steps (we walked a couple of miles on the road back to our cottage)

10.4km/6.5 mile hike

2414ft of ascent

I just wanted to share with you how quickly your body can change for the better, and how ridiculously happy that can make you. I have also eaten and drunk all the things (~2700 calories), and it feels good.

20180225_101935.thumb.jpg.a7f26b7d963e826a4b03e1d1247bb7db.jpg

20180225_111554.thumb.jpg.58a45afd4884e3f9926fc2b94a287f70.jpg

20180225_140638.thumb.jpg.c2b422f412a56b9569651259484b1449.jpg

I hope I can move in the morning.

• Like 4